Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Interesting, after the update (using the mod launcher) the game took an extra long time initializing I was greeted with cacti in my base that was in the forest biome. Wandered around and was finding them everywhere. Looking in the distance all I see is desert biome but when I walk towards it, it would change into the correct forest area but still spawned in the cacti but also kept all the trees.

Please keep up the great work with the mod, just posting this in case it means something. Not complaining as every bug gives me a reason to start a new game which is what I love the most in survival games lol

Important note. All following replies are just after waking up and before coffee. They may sound worse than they are intended to be. ;)

"Gore Blocks" may be turned off but THIS is what happens to dead z's, 20 bikers i spawned in and killed, call them gore blocks or piles of dirt or crap.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27654[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27653[/ATTACH]

The above is what remains. Those hills are what i call "gore blocks". Not the ones from A16. They leave a horrible mess that blocks play.

when killing z's indoors it blocks both the player and the z's from moving.

Any way to get rid of them.

After they degrade a bump is left int he road and there is a skeletal remains.

You know how I said gore blocks are turned off?

THAT is what I turned off.

Which means you didn't update.

There is no bonus resources on tree death. Don't know if intended?

Not intended. Will double check later to see if harvestoverdamage is on, though it may not work on tree's since it was disabled in the XML.

Is anyone else having an issue with a white screen? Can't seem to play a new game without the screen being totally white. I've reinstalled the mod a few times, changed resolution, gamma is at 0% any possible solutions? Thanks.

You're trying to run the mod on 17.2 Experimental.

It's not compatible wiht 17.2 Experimental.

Go download 17.1 Stable.

Howdy again,

I just tried starting up a new map twice with the DFalls-Small world, and upon Initializing World, got a File Not Found exception saying that there was no height data found. Will test again, but just wanted to know if this was known or not. Sorry to keep bothering you with stuff, but just wanted you to know.

Will double check github later because it was being REALLY bad on uploading files, so it may not have properly uploaded the dtm file.

The world is also here as a seperate download.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14A8UWLlkZyJoZMn6iduj3mU7HPN0Oz7A

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Important note. All following replies are just after waking up and before coffee. They may sound worse than they are intended to be. ;)

You know how I said gore blocks are turned off?

THAT is what I turned off.

Which means you didn't update.

Not intended. Will double check later to see if harvestoverdamage is on, though it may not work on tree's since it was disabled in the XML.

You're trying to run the mod on 17.2 Experimental.

It's not compatible wiht 17.2 Experimental.

Go download 17.1 Stable.

Will double check github later because it was being REALLY bad on uploading files, so it may not have properly uploaded the dtm file.

The world is also here as a seperate download.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14A8UWLlkZyJoZMn6iduj3mU7HPN0Oz7A

Yeah just figured that out lol. Kept seeing on 17.1 b9 on the upper right hand when I loaded the mod but didn't bother to think that I was using the copy of 7dtd which was 17.2 instead of doing a direct download of the 17.1 version from steam.

when play this mod I get null error which happen randomly after finished task to build stone hammer, the game can't locate trader location after play new game few times the error gone but happen again with another new game with same error when find trader task begin. really like new class system with added task per class, more thing to do with purpose now also love the new stuff like more food source and new tools/weapons , old big mods out there still not updated to alpha 17 so your mod is saviour and it also better, TFP decided to nerfed the game by remove action skill on alpha 17 glad you enabled it again.

The NRE thing I have no idea on... never ever had that problem on the starting quests and locating the trader.

Also FYI for everyone, the world has been removed for the moment because GitHub doesn't like files more than 100mb.

Currently testing out another way to get the mod to you all. If it works, then I'll be using that from now on.

Hi, love the mod just one question as of yesterday i uninstalled 7days to die as when i try load into the navezgane map im underground and there is a path with water either side. before this happened i tried loading the dfalls map and it said there is no set height?

Hi, love the mod just one question as of yesterday i uninstalled 7days to die as when i try load into the navezgane map im underground and there is a path with water either side. before this happened i tried loading the dfalls map and it said there is no set height?

That'll be because github screwed me and said it had uploaded all of the files.

It didn't. I was lied to.

In other news... anyone for a waterworld mod?

7_Days_To_Die-04-21-40-18-02.png

uhh this is nice! :D was for first time looking for mods for a17 and found this :D

i reminds me of valmod :D i like that! since valmod isnt updated :D

will there be added traps at any point? i think thats the thing i miss most from a16 a16/modded lots of traps and spikes that could be upgraded more then just iron :D i miss my big spikes lol.

uhh this is nice! :D was for first time looking for mods for a17 and found this :D

i reminds me of valmod :D i like that! since valmod isnt updated :D

will there be added traps at any point? i think thats the thing i miss most from a16 a16/modded lots of traps and spikes that could be upgraded more then just iron :D i miss my big spikes lol.

Probably not, but I DID put the big log spikes back in. :)

They were only missing recipes.

Running this on my server & having a really tough time getting a map to spawn that contains compo prefabs, Does anyone have any ideas, A mixer file they use or something, Ive Genned 8 maps on my server all different names & all im getting is 80% of the map is wasteland, No compo prefabs what so ever & road that look like they were laid by a blind guy after a beating with a lump of wood :( lol

Having a issue where the game starts but its all whited out. I can see very little (boarders of xp bar). Also, the map comes up perfect. I havent had the mod working yet, just downloaded and installed with the 7d2d mod launcher.

I am seeing a white screen after i loaded the game. I can see the outlines to the xp bar and other items. I can pull up the map and see it perfectly, just cant see anything else.[ATTACH=CONFIG]27680[/ATTACH]

These only showed up AFTER I posted, so apologies.

White screen = You're trying to run the mod on 17.2.

It's not for 17.2. It's for 17.1.

17.2 is NOT a stable release and the version of the mod on the launcher is only for stable releases of the game. :)

Running this on my server & having a really tough time getting a map to spawn that contains compo prefabs, Does anyone have any ideas, A mixer file they use or something, Ive Genned 8 maps on my server all different names & all im getting is 80% of the map is wasteland, No compo prefabs what so ever & road that look like they were laid by a blind guy after a beating with a lump of wood :( lol

It's been working just fine for me. But that sounds like you might be using a 16k map. The one I use doesn't really like that and generates huge amounts of wasteland on 16k maps.

Since rolling to the newest version, I've been getting more game crashes. Next time it happens I'll pull a log and share, but thought I would put that out there.

---Update---

Log from the last crash. Looks like there are some allocation issues, but I don't know if that is the cause.

https://pastebin.com/DrHp4QYE

Edited by Lewd
added output_log (see edit history)

so i have been working on get in mod into my server, played one time normally, but i always have a 7d2d server running, so stupid not to use it when i am paying for it:-)

i have a server with spillvert.no and yes its in Norway, the reason for choosing this server provider, is lesser ping when living in Norway. i have wiped the server twice one time installing the mod my self and the second time i got the nice folks working at spillvert to do it for me, the thing is something still seems wrong.

we only start with one book, is this part of the new update?

second and more worrying is that the traders do not seem to have any guards, the captain is there but no other guards.

have we installed the mod wrong or are these things part of the last update?

tried starting a singleplayer game, got 2 books and there was guards at the trader.

are we missing the updates?

the mod is downloaded from the front page here.

if it is because we are missing the updates and we only can do it from GitHub, then how do i get them on to the server?

Edited by KRISMA (see edit history)