Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

So how can I make military armor. Cant find any skill/perk that says so.

Security Mastery.

Where does the shale spawn? I know in the desert, but is it close to bedrock or more shallow? Are there above ground deposits of it, like some of the other resources?

No idea. I didn't change the underground ore distribution other than adding in Titanium. I think most folks used to find it closer to the surface in A16. No idea if that logic holds up in A17.

No above-ground spawns though.

Gore blocks

Thank your for this mod:)

Excellent, and entertaining.

One thing . . . the gore blocks of the z's turn into a raised surface of the world, be it asphalt, forest ground, etc., when they decay to the skeleton. It is possible, although not always to hit the skeleton and get rid of that but the raised portion of ground persists.

Both the gore blocks and the raised ground make it nearly impossible to drive through the area. Not too bad when on foot but try and drive a truck, minibike or motorcycle through it and it is a catastrophe, lol. Its very nearly as bad as hitting a rock. Any way to make the gore blocks very thin like the old gore blocks and stop them from raising the ground?

Once, again. Thank you for your hard work!

No idea. I didn't change the underground ore distribution other than adding in Titanium. I think most folks used to find it closer to the surface in A16. No idea if that logic holds up in A17.

No above-ground spawns though.

Cool. Thanks for the response. Back in 15, it used to be most common at the bottom of the sand layer just before it turned to stone. But now the sand goes all the way to bedrock, so I'm not sure what level to dig at. I didn't play 16 a whole lot. Your mod is my first play through since early A16.

Thank your for this mod:)

Excellent, and entertaining.

One thing . . . the gore blocks of the z's turn into a raised surface of the world, be it asphalt, forest ground, etc., when they decay to the skeleton. It is possible, although not always to hit the skeleton and get rid of that but the raised portion of ground persists.

Both the gore blocks and the raised ground make it nearly impossible to drive through the area. Not too bad when on foot but try and drive a truck, minibike or motorcycle through it and it is a catastrophe, lol. Its very nearly as bad as hitting a rock. Any way to make the gore blocks very thin like the old gore blocks and stop them from raising the ground?

Once, again. Thank you for your hard work!

Gore blocks are turned off in V2.03B. Mostly because they were apparently causing a LOT of lag on horde nights.

Bone piles may return.

Cool. Thanks for the response. Back in 15, it used to be most common at the bottom of the sand layer just before it turned to stone. But now the sand goes all the way to bedrock, so I'm not sure what level to dig at. I didn't play 16 a whole lot. Your mod is my first play through since early A16.

I feel like I should apologise if this is your first playthrough in over a year. :D

Great mod thanks but I have a couple of issues:

- armor usage is stuck at 1 even though mobs have hit me many times by day 30. I had put one point in it about day 6 when i noticed it wasnt increasing in an attempt to get it started. Other skills like scavaging and athletics are at 100.

- the game is very laggy. I had started an unlisted server with 1 player limit for a solo experience. Is there a better way to get a smoother game experience and/or better FPS? I have a high end rig and medium graphics settings for the game.

- 30 skill points and requiring an extremely rare drop mastery book seems excessive for a mastery skill that for some classes seems to be mediocre skills. If max level is 200 than many masteries will be never be possible for a solo player.

HI, I'm having an issue where the thirst warning keeps flashing over and over again, specifically the debuff stays up for two seconds, then is gone for a second, then comes back again, and it repeats forever until I either nearly max my water needs or start to dehydrate, interestingly I'll only dehydrate during that second of downtime as the flashing thirst "debuff" seemingly cancels out dehydration. My googlefu apparently isn't strong enough to find anybody experiencing this issue, the closest being peoples thirst getting stuck on in pre-alpha 10 builds.

I host a private dedi with a friend and it's been impacting him as well. The kicker is that if I start a new world either on the dedicated or using single player this doesn't happen, though this wasn't an issue until after we've put some hours in so it's hard to say if the problem wouldn't appear eventually on those worlds either, but so far I suspect its something to do with the world's save files or the character save files associated with that world.

Here is some basic trouble shooting info:

-Both our clients and the dedi are set to alpha17.1 on steam.

-Persistent profile is off and I've tried different profiles.

-I've reinstalled, and verified cache multiple times for the dedicated server and once for the client.

-I've redownloaded the mod, both client and server files, multiple times from github just in case it was a corrupted file issue.

-I've purged my old saves completely (backing them up first out of directory of course), save for the world I'm attempting to salvage.

-We're currently based out of the desert, not sure if that matters, but I frequently go to a nearby forest for clay/stone and the problem persists.

-In a last ditch effort I lowered the thirst thresholds in the buffs xml to 10/5 to see if it would even make a difference, it didn't seem to make things better or worse so I reverted the change.

If I can't work out why it's doing this I think I'll just end up seeing if I can just eliminate thirst all together if possible, I would prefer not to "cheapen" the experience but after the first few days clean water is just a literal "in game" chore of walking to the nearest pond and filling a couple hundred jars to boil them as needed, a minor loss if it fixes this. And if I can't at least find out whats causing this I think I'll just wait another year and hope things are more stable by then.

With all that said, I love the mod and if it wasn't for Darkness Falls and the improved ai pathfinding in a17 making defense waaaay more interesting, I wouldn't be bothering with this buggy, broken shell of a game.

Edited by HHolmes (see edit history)

I noticed a few things during my time playing v2.03b. When you learn the skill scrap iron crafting under attrecipes, it will not let you craft scrap iron tools because you don't know the recipe, which doesn't make much sense. And since this one doesn't work I'm assuming that if I learn the recipe of something else it won't let me craft it because I don't know the recipe. Also the thirst warning is coming in at 82 now, vice the patch note listed 50, and it frequently spams you are thirsty/hungry across the bottom. Also, I'm not much of a fan of the behemoths. I like the idea of a singular entity that is a boss like nature. But the behemoth you can encounter at level 1, as my cousin and me found out and we had two of them chasing us. They have 3k plus hp and one shot you. Maybe scale their hp and damage as you level. But I'm happy if they are turned off completely.

Great mod thanks but I have a couple of issues:

- armor usage is stuck at 1 even though mobs have hit me many times by day 30. I had put one point in it about day 6 when i noticed it wasnt increasing in an attempt to get it started. Other skills like scavaging and athletics are at 100.

- the game is very laggy. I had started an unlisted server with 1 player limit for a solo experience. Is there a better way to get a smoother game experience and/or better FPS? I have a high end rig and medium graphics settings for the game.

- 30 skill points and requiring an extremely rare drop mastery book seems excessive for a mastery skill that for some classes seems to be mediocre skills. If max level is 200 than many masteries will be never be possible for a solo player.

1) Armor Usage is currently not working. It's there to remind me to fix it. I just haven't done so yet as I don't consider it a critical bug. The light armor and heavy armor skills work, however.

2) Turn some settings off or down. I get 70-90fps on the laptop I use to make the mod (i7-4710HQ CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX 980M) and 150-200fps on my main gaming machine (Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2ghz, 32GB DDR4-3000 RAM, GTX 980Ti). Shadows, Reflections and Sun Shafts are the worst offenders, so make sure those are off.

3) It was like that in the A16 version of the mod and no-one complained, so I left it like that, and probably will continue to do so. However I did find out that a book I intended to be in the mod... isn't. So I need to re-add that.

HI, I'm having an issue where the thirst warning keeps flashing over and over again, specifically the debuff stays up for two seconds, then is gone for a second, then comes back again, and it repeats forever until I either nearly max my water needs or start to dehydrate, interestingly I'll only dehydrate during that second of downtime as the flashing thirst "debuff" seemingly cancels out dehydration. My googlefu apparently isn't strong enough to find anybody experiencing this issue, the closest being peoples thirst getting stuck on in pre-alpha 10 builds.

I host a private dedi with a friend and it's been impacting him as well. The kicker is that if I start a new world either on the dedicated or using single player this doesn't happen, though this wasn't an issue until after we've put some hours in so it's hard to say if the problem wouldn't appear eventually on those worlds either, but so far I suspect its something to do with the world's save files or the character save files associated with that world.

Here is some basic trouble shooting info:

-Both our clients and the dedi are set to alpha17.1 on steam.

-Persistent profile is off and I've tried different profiles.

-I've reinstalled, and verified cache multiple times for the dedicated server and once for the client.

-I've redownloaded the mod, both client and server files, multiple times from github just in case it was a corrupted file issue.

-I've purged my old saves completely (backing them up first out of directory of course), save for the world I'm attempting to salvage.

-We're currently based out of the desert, not sure if that matters, but I frequently go to a nearby forest for clay/stone and the problem persists.

-In a last ditch effort I lowered the thirst thresholds in the buffs xml to 10/5 to see if it would even make a difference, it didn't seem to make things better or worse so I reverted the change.

If I can't work out why it's doing this I think I'll just end up seeing if I can just eliminate thirst all together if possible, I would prefer not to "cheapen" the experience but after the first few days clean water is just a literal "in game" chore of walking to the nearest pond and filling a couple hundred jars to boil them as needed, a minor loss if it fixes this. And if I can't at least find out whats causing this I think I'll just wait another year and hope things are more stable by then.

With all that said, I love the mod and if it wasn't for Darkness Falls and the improved ai pathfinding in a17 making defense waaaay more interesting, I wouldn't be bothering with this buggy, broken shell of a game.

I am pretty sure I know what that is.

The hunger/thirst is ALSO in other buffs, so I need to tweak it there rather than just in the constant firing buffstatusupdate.

I noticed a few things during my time playing v2.03b. When you learn the skill scrap iron crafting under attrecipes, it will not let you craft scrap iron tools because you don't know the recipe, which doesn't make much sense. And since this one doesn't work I'm assuming that if I learn the recipe of something else it won't let me craft it because I don't know the recipe. Also the thirst warning is coming in at 82 now, vice the patch note listed 50, and it frequently spams you are thirsty/hungry across the bottom. Also, I'm not much of a fan of the behemoths. I like the idea of a singular entity that is a boss like nature. But the behemoth you can encounter at level 1, as my cousin and me found out and we had two of them chasing us. They have 3k plus hp and one shot you. Maybe scale their hp and damage as you level. But I'm happy if they are turned off completely.

Can't scale HP and damage of the behemoth as you level.

Just don't go in the wasteland. That's the only place they spawn as NORMAL, other than wandering hordes... if you get really unlucky. They're not getting turned off. In fact, there's going to be stuff WORSE than that, so better get used to it. What I can tell you is someone went up against one in full steel armour with an appropriately levelled skill and they were doing 20hp per hit.

Thirst thing is already known about and will be looked into.

Scrap tools is a new one... that should work so I don't know why it isnt.

Please tell me how to get the bone? Then you can add them to a trap for animals? Where meat and fat appear? 2-10 each.

You can get bones from the random ribcages you find on roads. TFP added that to vanilla. Animals are also an option.

I am pretty sure I know what that is.

The hunger/thirst is ALSO in other buffs, so I need to tweak it there rather than just in the constant firing buffstatusupdate.

Thank you so much! I took a look at the XML again and sure enough, there was two additional thirst entries I missed entirely, where thirsty1 was set to .75, changed that down to .50, started the server, loaded into the game and sure enough problem solved.

You can get bones from the random ribcages you find on roads. TFP added that to vanilla. Animals are also an option.

But it is really a small number of bones. And not a renewable resource. Please consider the opportunity to add bones to traps for animals.

Thank you so much! I took a look at the XML again and sure enough, there was two additional thirst entries I missed entirely, where thirsty1 was set to .75, changed that down to .50, started the server, loaded into the game and sure enough problem solved.

I also just threw that fix in discord for folks to test out, so you're faster than me. ;)

But it is really a small number of bones. And not a renewable resource. Please consider the opportunity to add bones to traps for animals.

It's not a bad idea. Will edit the loot lists.

I also have another idea but waiting on something... ;)

Another small update...

Darkness Falls V2.03C is now on github. Changes as follows.

- Fixed titanium arrows.

- Hunger/Thirst buffs fixed to properly show up at 50/10 now, or VERY close to it.

- Bones added to animal snare loot list.

- Generic skill point book added and quest fixed.

- Added a pre-generated 8k world with custom biome distribution and player spawn points.

To use the new world...

Click Start A New Game. When you see the box that allows you to select Navezgane or Random Gen, use the arrows to scroll right until you see DFalls-Small. That is the name of the world. I will be looking at doing several of these worlds.

It might not be perfect, but initial feedback has been positive.

Argh that be my theme park lol. I tried the trader stuff but the whole theme park became indestructible I only wanted the trader minion to be indestructible. I got rid of it in the end and now the whole park should be destructible again.

As for the loot 'meh' it's untouched you be the first 1 in there. I used alot of random containers to reduce the loot as much as possible. But the bigger the poi the bigger the loot.

The second minion is a base minion where 1 sets up their base.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Gore blocks?

Gore blocks are turned off in V2.03B. Mostly because they were apparently causing a LOT of lag on horde nights.

Bone piles may return.

"Gore Blocks" may be turned off but THIS is what happens to dead z's, 20 bikers i spawned in and killed, call them gore blocks or piles of dirt or crap.

7d2d_1.jpg.8d83f9aa1d6391afb70e03c4a786c587.jpg

7d2d_2.thumb.jpg.03bedd172742eb6adc5efb5b63749030.jpg

The above is what remains. Those hills are what i call "gore blocks". Not the ones from A16. They leave a horrible mess that blocks play.

when killing z's indoors it blocks both the player and the z's from moving.

Any way to get rid of them.

After they degrade a bump is left int he road and there is a skeletal remains.

Edited by TDurden1937
More info (see edit history)

This is what remains after about 20 minutes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27655[/ATTACH]

Surely you knew that.

If it can't or you don't want to fix it or see it as something that is ok . . . maybe it just my particular game. Whatever . ..

That doesnt happen after the update.

I have a quest to kill some lumberjacks. Went there, killed those that spawned but none of them counted for the quest. Went to snowbiome to kill some more but same si I cant finish it. (edit, just noticed I have to use axe)

And could you update tooltip for Security mastery so it tells that you can craft mil. armor.

Edited by sycotic (see edit history)

"Gore Blocks" may be turned off but THIS is what happens to dead z's, 20 bikers i spawned in and killed, call them gore blocks or piles of dirt or crap.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27654[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27653[/ATTACH]

The above is what remains. Those hills are what i call "gore blocks". Not the ones from A16. They leave a horrible mess that blocks play.

when killing z's indoors it blocks both the player and the z's from moving.

Any way to get rid of them.

After they degrade a bump is left int he road and there is a skeletal remains.

Turn Gore Block :

GO TO PAGE 94 .. Post 1408 and 1409 .. and LOOK there …… also there is some stuff on Sphereii site about gore blocks.

Because you most likely are doing the wrong ones .. if using the mod launcher.

Mod launcher .. Sphereii site .. page 122 .. Post 1822 and 1823

- - - Updated - - -

I created a How to remove gore blocks video for those that are looking for help on how to remove them from this mod.

[video=youtube_share;_yDvDqrcSfI]

Turn Gore Block :

GO TO PAGE 94 .. Post 1408 and 1409 .. and LOOK there …… also there is some stuff on Sphereii site about gore blocks.

Because you most likely are doing the wrong ones .. if using the mod launcher.

Mod launcher .. Sphereii site .. page 122 .. Post 1822 and 1823

Howdy again,

I just tried starting up a new map twice with the DFalls-Small world, and upon Initializing World, got a File Not Found exception saying that there was no height data found. Will test again, but just wanted to know if this was known or not. Sorry to keep bothering you with stuff, but just wanted you to know.