Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

from the big list thing in the first post. this recently confused a server i was on, too :)

• Guards added to the trader, with a Guard Captain NPC! Talk to them to buy quest starters, which can earn you skill notes! (Single player only due to server bugs)

I found a locked military scout car sitting on the road. I can't seem to do anything with it. Is it usable? How do you unlock it?

Also I read something in this thread about an update to this mod getting rid of corpse blocks (whatever a dead zombie turns into) because they mess up the block. Has that happened yet? I still have corpse blocks messing things up. If the mod is patched do I lose my progress and have to start over?

You can beat it open or unlock it with lockpicks, but it takes a LOT of lockpick components. I think I set it to around 10 if my memory is correct.

Mod was updated on the 18th to remove gore blocks. Updating should not cause loss of progress but you will get a lot of random barrels in place of gore blocks.

EDIT: I might have found the answer. Does Yeah, Science level 2 include steel arrows? It grants "advanced bolts and arrows." That seems right?

-----------------

I made some steel arrowheads so I could craft some steel arrows but the craft button was grayed out and I got the message that I don't know the required recipe. I looked through all of the perks and was unable to find reference to steel arrow crafting. Does anybody know what perk grants that ability?

@Akrux: I don't know all the answers to your questions, but the mod has been patched and gore blocks have been removed. If you still see gore block, it is because you are not running the latest version of the mod.

Yes it does. I'm going to add it to steel crafting as well.

So is Trader Caitlin in every map and its located in wasteland only?

She should be on every map. I'm tweaking RWG to guarantee that... and yes, wasteland only.

Just put this on my server and when i go to trader, there are no guards on walls? reloaded files went back to trader and still no guards. is this right or is something not loading?

Intended due to server bug.

How work the advanced forge?

Stick stuff in it and watch it smelt. If it doesn't smelt, you're using an old version.

I'm sure this question is somewhere in the 124 pages of this thread but the search engine here sucks so please bear with me. I just loaded your mod and it seems to be functioning fine so far. I am unable to use my server manager now though because Allocs maps has been wiped out. Am I able to put that back in the mods folder? I didn't want to take the chance of having any conflicts so I started with a fresh set of folders.

I'm sure this question is somewhere in the 124 pages of this thread but the search engine here sucks so please bear with me. I just loaded your mod and it seems to be functioning fine so far. I am unable to use my server manager now though because Allocs maps has been wiped out. Am I able to put that back in the mods folder? I didn't want to take the chance of having any conflicts so I started with a fresh set of folders.

You should be able to, yes. But I don't really mess with server stuff beyond download the dedi and stick the mod on it... sooooo... :D

Im using the version of 7D2D Launcher, this is the old version?

Depends if you have auto-update turned on or not. Check the in-game menu and see what version number it says. If it's 2.03C, it's the latest. Anything else is old.

Hi there, one more questions. I have a behemouth camping a player. He logs back in and the behemouth kills him. It's day 1 and my players have died a LOT due to ferals and behemouths. Can I turn down the amount of those spawning? I turned down the amount of zombies to 20 and there are still a LOT

The version is 17.1 i dont see nothing like 2.03c or other like that

I told you to check the IN-GAME menu. Not the main menu. Not the thing in the top right corner of the screen.

That means press ESC to get this screen.

7_Days_To_Die-23-52-27-24-02.jpg.bdd4b65425b2eec635d90403f8f8b09f.jpg

Where my mouse pointer is shows the mod version.

Hi there, one more questions. I have a behemouth camping a player. He logs back in and the behemouth kills him. It's day 1 and my players have died a LOT due to ferals and behemouths. Can I turn down the amount of those spawning? I turned down the amount of zombies to 20 and there are still a LOT

No, not really. It's a low chance to spawn during the day.... in the WASTELAND.

So get them out of the wasteland. It is NOT a happy place. You can always turn god mode onfor yourself, fly over and do killall.

If you are using the ModLauncher, just click the Refresh Mods Automatically check box, then pre-sync and start your game. That should bring you up to date.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27778[/ATTACH]

After doing this, you will have to pick up the advanced forge and place it back down again in order to fix it.

Current version is 2.03C.

2.04 going up in the discord now for testing. :)

I just hope when A17.2 or 3 comes that you'll not have to redo most of this again. Then again with modlets, it is sort of easier, though having to recode the dll would get annoying.

Unfortunately modlets dont help guys like Khaine or me as we are total overhauls so Khain has to redo the entire mod again for 17.2 and future updates including the dlls.

A small price to pay though because we love what we do AND it gives him a chance to add all new kinds of terrifying stuff :)

I just hope when A17.2 or 3 comes that you'll not have to redo most of this again. Then again with modlets, it is sort of easier, though having to recode the dll would get annoying.

17.2 didn't have many XML changes. I've got a test version of the mod running on it already. :)

7_Days_To_Die-11-48-47-25-02.png

Unfortunately modlets dont help guys like Khaine or me as we are total overhauls so Khain has to redo the entire mod again for 17.2 and future updates including the dlls.

A small price to pay though because we love what we do AND it gives him a chance to add all new kinds of terrifying stuff :)

^ pretty much this. :D

Got:

ERR XML loader. Loading and parsing 'progression.xml' failed

ArgumentException An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

Alpha 17.1 B9

Darkness V2.03C

Addition:

I can't open the skills tab get null reference exception :(

Ran into a behemoth and its game over......

Never mind

Edited by Cadamier (see edit history)

That means it's not installed properly.

For whatever reason, the window edits aren't applying.

I'm also going to be STRONGLY recommending that folks use the included world rather than relying on RWG just because it's broken and behemoths spawn in like.... 2-block large bits of wasteland.

And no, I'm not removing them because of that.