Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Took a day to mentally recharge, so sorry for the delay on replies. :)

I have the exact same issue.

I made a new Game with the same Map to see if there's a new Path for the new Save file, but it's still the same.

The A17.1 and A17.2 Save are in the same Directory > "D:\7D2D\Saves\Darkness Falls\Darkness Falls\North Jeyebe Mountains".

Guess the changes in the Serverconfig file are the problem? Funny thing, because my A17.1 Test World loaded without any problems in A17.2. In compare to my normal save which is greyed out, it's just an other Map Seed and a bigger Base.

:noidea:

Afraid I have no idea either. I just know some folks have moved their saves over with no problems at all... and some it's been an absolute sod for.

I loot like 100 box of this and nothing and like 130 cars and nothing and 20 box of cars and nothing

You're just unlucky. I've seen folks have all the tools by the first 7 day horde.

Just a note of interest. The RWG with the mod is changing the trader locations vs. vanilla. Maybe it was like that previously and intended, but I didn't think so. Using b27 vanilla, the seed "gimme good map" has a trader along the main road to the east (there are probably others). But generating it while running the modpack, there are no traders on the map at all. When I finish the hammer quest, the null reference errors start popping up, because it can't find a trader.

No idea. TFP said RWG in 17.2 is the same as 17.1, so I copied over the mixer I was using in 17.1 with no edits at all.

My friend tried to do the farmer quests and got stuck on the 3rd one because he couldnt craft the scrap iron hoe, is there like a schematic or a skill you need to learn?

Scrap Iron Hoe recipe is granted by the first level of the Living off the Land perk, which Quest 2 should have given them. If it didn't, there's a generic skill point book in the admin menu you can give them so they can purchase the perk.

Just started playing this mod and I am enjoying it but ran into an issue with the forge. Looked up forged iron and it calls for clay but digging gives me clay soil which doesnt work for that recipe. I cant find a conversion recipe to go from clay soil to clay. Is this a separate resource that I can get in another way?

You make it the same way as vanilla.

Stick clay soil in the forge and it smelts into clay.

The 17.2 RWG just sucks ass. I have tried 8 different seeds and they all spawn only 1-3 cities and the buildings in the cities are all damaged and quite a few are buried. The buildings are far apart and there's very little water. I'm going to take everything (dedicated server) back to 17.1 and start over with that. 17.1 was a dream as far as the RWG compared to this.

This is not a criticism of Darknessfalls which I LOVE, it's the devs that keep screwing up the RWG. When will they ever get that right. /cry

Khaine can you give me a link to download the 17.1 version again if possible? Thank you

Edited by Tahoenvy (see edit history)

Khaine,

I still haven't updated to the latest version of the mod, so perhaps this is irrelevant:

Food - the new system the pimps made is. well stupid, before with wellness there was a reason to eat better foods. I have the use less food/water perk maxed out and I rarely need to eat. Drink more, but still hardly anything.

I just got the farmer perk maxed out, I have zero reason to make a farm because I have 8-10 stacks of 250 meat that I have no use for. I can eat the garbage food and because I have the maxed illness reduction perk, I don't get sick. So farming is pointless as well.

I think the pimps made some massive errors with these changes, but some obviously like it.

Day 42 (just before horde night).

farming - unnecessary

food - mostly unnecessary

The % improvement for wrenching a car is as goofy as the food/water system. I have those maxed out as well and I'll get 2 or 3 batteries and/or engines from one vehicle and often 2 or 3 radiators as well.

These aren't your fault obviously, that's the pimps error in judgement.

But these make the game far to simple and utterly removes any reason to go and adventure. When I didn't realize I could make ink, each day I wasn't working on the base I was out trying to find some so that I could master all disciplines. I found a mess of farmer and mechanic mastery books, and of course was able to find the others as well before I found very much ink. ;)

But that gave me a reason to loot houses. Aside from that, as always with no end game content (again pimps' fault) we're back to other than building a base, there isn't much else to do in game. Other than use your imagination of course.

I didn't think I'd like the behemoth's and those giant women people, but they pack a punch and certainly give you a spook when they come barreling in on you. So those are quite fun. I often do night runs to enjoy that.

So great job. :)

Not sure if others find the same result I do when it comes to farming, food, and wrenching. I am curious what you and others think of this.

I loot like 100 box of this and nothing and like 130 cars and nothing and 20 box of cars and nothing

yeah me too, day 54 (1 hour day) with level 90 found 2 caliper and also 1 from trader and tool and die set but no welding torch from loot and trader (maybe you forget add it as trader item) not really care about steel tool and weapon but can't craft minibike without it and most armor and weapon mod using forged steel, RNG is always annoying part of this game in the past.

Khaine,

I still haven't updated to the latest version of the mod, so perhaps this is irrelevant:

Food - the new system the pimps made is. well stupid, before with wellness there was a reason to eat better foods. I have the use less food/water perk maxed out and I rarely need to eat. Drink more, but still hardly anything.

I just got the farmer perk maxed out, I have zero reason to make a farm because I have 8-10 stacks of 250 meat that I have no use for. I can eat the garbage food and because I have the maxed illness reduction perk, I don't get sick. So farming is pointless as well.

I think the pimps made some massive errors with these changes, but some obviously like it.

Day 42 (just before horde night).

farming - unnecessary

food - mostly unnecessary

The % improvement for wrenching a car is as goofy as the food/water system. I have those maxed out as well and I'll get 2 or 3 batteries and/or engines from one vehicle and often 2 or 3 radiators as well.

These aren't your fault obviously, that's the pimps error in judgement.

But these make the game far to simple and utterly removes any reason to go and adventure. When I didn't realize I could make ink, each day I wasn't working on the base I was out trying to find some so that I could master all disciplines. I found a mess of farmer and mechanic mastery books, and of course was able to find the others as well before I found very much ink. ;)

But that gave me a reason to loot houses. Aside from that, as always with no end game content (again pimps' fault) we're back to other than building a base, there isn't much else to do in game. Other than use your imagination of course.

I didn't think I'd like the behemoth's and those giant women people, but they pack a punch and certainly give you a spook when they come barreling in on you. So those are quite fun. I often do night runs to enjoy that.

So great job. :)

Not sure if others find the same result I do when it comes to farming, food, and wrenching. I am curious what you and others think of this.

I was thinking that exact same thing. The more you go towards the good eatin' the less you need it.

I don't really know what avenue TFP, or modders for that matter, could take to rectify it, but there should be something in there to compel the player to eat and drink (at least once, or twice, a day), because this is just silly :)

I'm just rockin' mu brain trying to come up with something, but the only thing that comes to mind is to do away with "food" & "water" meters for something more complex that will need to be "refilled" daily so you have a healthy character (better health gain if diet is well balanced and negative buffs if you eat crap... just thinking out loud here :smile-new: ). Maybe something like in real life, the fact is that you need protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, so better quality food fills more of those meters, or something to that effect.

I really don't know now, it's early morning and I haven't slept yet. Maybe I think of something after I've had a good sleep :)

The 17.2 RWG just sucks ass. I have tried 8 different seeds and they all spawn only 1-3 cities and the buildings in the cities are all damaged and quite a few are buried. The buildings are far apart and there's very little water. I'm going to take everything (dedicated server) back to 17.1 and start over with that. 17.1 was a dream as far as the RWG compared to this.

This is not a criticism of Darknessfalls which I LOVE, it's the devs that keep screwing up the RWG. When will they ever get that right. /cry

Khaine can you give me a link to download the 17.1 version again if possible? Thank you

I know I replied to your PM, but putting it here in-case anyone else needs it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=1

That'll work with 17.1. What I would do is manually install that to 17.1, keep the folder backed up, generate a world and then copy THAT to the 17.2 data/worlds folder.

i would love to play this overhaul together with the sorcery modlet https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?109145-Sorcery

sadly iam to stupid to merge it myself. did anyone do it?

I don't think anyone has yet. Ask the creator. They might be willing to whip up a compatibility patch if needed.

yeah me too, day 54 (1 hour day) with level 90 found 2 caliper and also 1 from trader and tool and die set but no welding torch from loot and trader (maybe you forget add it as trader item) not really care about steel tool and weapon but can't craft minibike without it and most armor and weapon mod using forged steel, RNG is always annoying part of this game in the past.

It's definitely on the trader. May look at adjusting the probability.

Will also be adding a new vehicle in 2.1 of the mod that will probably just need a wrench to build. :)

I was thinking that exact same thing. The more you go towards the good eatin' the less you need it.

I don't really know what avenue TFP, or modders for that matter, could take to rectify it, but there should be something in there to compel the player to eat and drink (at least once, or twice, a day), because this is just silly :)

I'm just rockin' mu brain trying to come up with something, but the only thing that comes to mind is to do away with "food" & "water" meters for something more complex that will need to be "refilled" daily so you have a healthy character (better health gain if diet is well balanced and negative buffs if you eat crap... just thinking out loud here :smile-new: ). Maybe something like in real life, the fact is that you need protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, so better quality food fills more of those meters, or something to that effect.

I really don't know now, it's early morning and I haven't slept yet. Maybe I think of something after I've had a good sleep :)

OK, so I quoted this instead of the huge post just because it'll take less space on the forum then.

What I'm actually looking at doing is changing raw food, so instead of giving you food poisoning it just makes you actually sick. Let's be honest, eating raw meat and uncooked eggs is absolutely going to make your stomach bad regardless of food poisoning. :D There are some things your body just doesn't like.

Normal food that anyone can cook won't have any special properties.

Then I'm going to completely change the Near Death debuff, because I HATE the fact it nerfs your crafting ability and makes players feel like they can't do anything while it's there. Instead I'm going to look at a version of the wellness system, something like your health and stamina are reduced to 50 for X amount of time...

And better food/drink will increase this cap while you have the near death debuff.

So looking after yourself with good food and good drink will help to mitigate the effects. Not totally remove... just reduce. :)

OK, so I quoted this instead of the huge post just because it'll take less space on the forum then.

What I'm actually looking at doing is changing raw food, so instead of giving you food poisoning it just makes you actually sick. Let's be honest, eating raw meat and uncooked eggs is absolutely going to make your stomach bad regardless of food poisoning. :D There are some things your body just doesn't like.

Then I'm going to completely change the Near Death debuff, because I HATE the fact it nerfs your crafting ability and makes players feel like they can't do anything while it's there. Instead I'm going to look at a version of the wellness system, something like your health and stamina are reduced to 50 for X amount of time...

And better food/drink will increase this cap while you have the near death debuff.

So looking after yourself with good food and good drink will help to mitigate the effects. Not totally remove... just reduce. :)

Is it possible to put back the old wellness system and ignore the silliness the pimps added with the stamina system?

I always thought the wellness system was genius. And with losing the 10 wellness per death it was more than enough punishment to encourage you not to be foolish with your choices in game

Because at that point the food you ate did matter, and the canned food would not help you gain any wellness.

I know I replied to your PM, but putting it here in-case anyone else needs it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=1

That'll work with 17.1. What I would do is manually install that to 17.1, keep the folder backed up, generate a world and then copy THAT to the 17.2 data/worlds folder.

I don't think anyone has yet. Ask the creator. They might be willing to whip up a compatibility patch if needed.

It's definitely on the trader. May look at adjusting the probability.

Will also be adding a new vehicle in 2.1 of the mod that will probably just need a wrench to build. :)

Yes. Looking in retrospect, wellness system was better than what we have now. Not perfect, but better, just because you had some effect from eating better quality food than you have now.

Will you make it like it is now (with better perks you can just ignore eating for a day or more), or will it be more "realistic" (you need a few meals daily no matter what)?

At least make the players stomach rumble if he hasn't eaten anything for 12-16 hours so the zombros can hear you XD

Is it possible to put back the old wellness system and ignore the silliness the pimps added with the stamina system?

I always thought the wellness system was genius. And with losing the 10 wellness per death it was more than enough punishment to encourage you not to be foolish with your choices in game

Because at that point the food you ate did matter, and the canned food would not help you gain any wellness.

Absolutely not. Wellness was hard coded into the DLL, so putting back the old system is impossible for an idiot like me. Might be easier for someone who actually knows what they're doing. :D

But a basic emulation of it IS possible, which is what I'm thinking of.

Yes. Looking in retrospect, wellness system was better than what we have now. Not perfect, but better, just because you had some effect from eating better quality food than you have now.

Will you make it like it is now (with better perks you can just ignore eating for a day or more), or will it be more "realistic" (you need a few meals daily no matter what)?

At least make the players stomach rumble if he hasn't eaten anything for 12-16 hours so the zombros can hear you XD

I would like to have it so the player needs to eat at least once a day.

As an example, as a fat, lazy SOB, I have 1 big meal and 1 snack per day. I figure someone who is in shape and fairly active could survive off that, but might need more fluid intake.

So I do want to look at balancing that, but first I have a million and one ideas I want to get working and other things I want to fix/balance. :) Unlikely to be something I do anytime soon, but I'll see if I can get it into 2.1.

Sorry for the subject change, here, but I was looking at the different guns and noticed that the stats on the shotgun and combat shotgun are identical. Is that a display error or are they actually the same gun with a different skin?

Also, for the automatic weapon perk in the Security class line, does the AR15 get a bonus or is that categorized as a rifle?

Thanks in advance.

I just had a player on my dedicated server fall through the map and now is having trouble logging back on. Does anybody know of some work-around for this?

I have tried rebooting the server. He still cant get pass loading screen.

I'd prefer not to delete his player .ttp files and make him reset if possible.

Thank you.

I mostly play coop with 1 other player. Our perk progression is different somehow, specifically in the advanced engineering line. My AE requires tier 3 and level 60 to allow cement mixer production, but his only requires tier 2 and level 30. Is one of us running a previous build somehow?

I just had a player on my dedicated server fall through the map and now is having trouble logging back on. Does anybody know of some work-around for this?

I have tried rebooting the server. He still cant get pass loading screen.

I'd prefer not to delete his player .ttp files and make him reset if possible.

Thank you.

Are you using any server tools? I think there's a way to teleport an offline player if so.

I'm REALLY bad with the server-side of things, so I'm just going by what other folks have told me. :)

I mostly play coop with 1 other player. Our perk progression is different somehow, specifically in the advanced engineering line. My AE requires tier 3 and level 60 to allow cement mixer production, but his only requires tier 2 and level 30. Is one of us running a previous build somehow?

I believe I was told about that. Sounds like it's just a localization issue.

Feel free to ignore. I'm re-doing a lot of that anyways so I will make absolutely sure that it's correct for 2.1. Any incorrect XML will be pushed from the server, so you're good. :)

Also, just a bit of an update for everyone regarding what's going on right now.

7th was my wedding anniversary, so I spent the whole day with the wife. Next week I'm away at a festival for 4 days, 14th to 17th, so any messages during that time won't be answered since I'll be in the middle of Wales with a potato for internet signal on my phone.

I -will- try to hop in the discord. But I might be drunk. So you've been warned. ;)

We are playing the experimental version on a dedicated server. One our player suddenly had his console open with a scrolling stack overflow error. The fat zombie in front of him would swing at him and was unable to hit him and the animation seemed jerky/odd. He was unable to close the console and had to Alt-Tab out to be able to close the game. During this no one else had any trouble and could continue to play unhindered. Now this player is unable to log back in and his console just opens with the stack overflow error.

Does anyone know if I have any options short of a wipe of his player info loosing all his progress?

I'll need the output_log to find out what the issue is there. I also need confirmation you're definitely using the 2.1 experimental build.

It sounds like the armor use skill might be bugging out, but I haven't had anyone else report that yet.

And yeah, you might have to delete his profile to fix it. That's why the experimental has a big warning on it. ;)

Any idea @KhaineGB what could be causing this error? I just upgraded my OS to Windows 10 last night / this morning, was playing Darkness Falls the latest non-experimental with others through the mod launcher yesterday, no issue. If I click the pictured 'okay' button, the green syncing meter ( Refreshing Mods for Darkness Falls - Cancel Sync ) shown below stops, like the process has quit working.

I even reloaded .net framework 3.5 and 2.0 via Windows Features. Suppose all I can do is.. wait a while and see if the issue resolves itself.

https://imgur.com/a/m2RTufP

Try running the launcher as administrator if you haven't already. One thing windows continually fails at is user account controls. A person would think if there is only one user and they are set as administrator that everything they launch would be launched as administrator but they would be wrong. The way windows assumes everyone who uses it is an idiot that can't be trusted is quite annoying. Some days I miss dos. One simple command from you and it will kill itself. Thats how machines should be. You start letting them question our every actions and we are one step closer to skynet.

Try running the launcher as administrator if you haven't already. One thing windows continually fails at is user account controls. A person would think if there is only one user and they are set as administrator that everything they launch would be launched as administrator but they would be wrong. The way windows assumes everyone who uses it is an idiot that can't be trusted is quite annoying. Some days I miss dos. One simple command from you and it will kill itself. Thats how machines should be. You start letting them question our every actions and we are one step closer to skynet.

I looked into it, and I'm running 7 Days to Die as admin, and also enabled the older .NET 3.5 / 2.0 options in Windows 10. I'm not sure what fixed it.. did install the launcher again after posting that the other night with Admin level privilege, but its working again, so thank you regardless.

As for the mod, yeah. Its really fun to play, especially with others like I've been doing. Almost can't wait to see what changes 2.1 will give us players. Thanks again KhaineGB, and Scwanobi.