Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I have marked the option to update in the launcher and I gave the sync button (it takes me 1 hour) and still does not update it

THEN YOU did something wrong .. GO to the launcher page and ask Sphereii about your problem.

I use launcher and have NO Issues with it .. also are you running windows 7 and did you get the win7 update. >> Just a couple of thoughts

This IS Like asking a Car mechanic .. About a Dental problem ..

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

3000hp is the base I set. 6000 is what it will buff to if you don't kill it fast.

Right folks, 2.04 should be out this week, no restart needed.

Also started work on 2.1, which will be for 17.2 only and will VERY LIKELY need a restart. You have been warned. :)

Hi Khaine, I have a couple questions.

1) just to be sure, I haven't updated darkness falls since I installed it a few weeks ago. Can I just download the files from github again and overwrite the existing without it messing with my current game?

2) Jumping. 4 blocks high. is both great and bad:

Bad, I have a hell of a time getting into spaces since character jumps to high most of the time.

Great, when you get attacked by 20+ feral radiated zombies if you jump real high they mostly scurry off and hit a wall or something giving you a chance to breathe.

- In one sense it's bad because it's training me to fight wrong since well it's an easy reprieve from the fight, but on the other hand 20 feral radiated zombies pouring out of a house with the melee system the way it is (crappy - ya ya) lots of misses with all those running zombies.

I guess number 2 is more of an observation ;)

also I can't make the rad away mod (I assume that's fixed in newer releases)

Day 38, 2 hour days. Quite enjoying the mod. hell of a thing finding ink. :)

Ok folks. Good chance that 17.2 is going to be in stable this week.

So what I'm going to do is hold off releasing 2.04 of the mod until that's out. The experimental version listed on the launcher is currently for 17.2b27 anyways.

So I figure waiting for stable to come out and THEN releasing will save me time and mean you folks get compatibility with the latest version of 7DTD faster.

Darkness Falls v2.04 is now on the launcher. Release notes as follows.

- Updated for Alpha 17.2.

- Behemoth footsteps changed to feral so they should be noisier.

- Behemoth speed slightly decreased, along with some other zombies.

- Increased resource bonus on tools so you won't lose resources from higher block damage.

- Police and military vehicle loot lists tweaked.

- Reduced the amount of money the trader will buy things for.

- Edited buffs.xml so HOPEFULLY self-medicated works on side effects and makes painkillers more useful.

- Second 8k world and a single 12k world added, called DFalls-Small2 and DFalls-Medium.

- Coilgun Level 1 perk now unlocks the coilrifle.

- Added Steel Arrowheads to Steel Crafting.

- Removed quality from Batteries. Added it to Engines so they determine vehicle quality now.

- Wandering horde gamestage cap increased from 50 to 4000.

- Gamestage file updated so wandering horde GS now caps out at 4000. No more behemoths randomly on day 3 or 4.

- Lumberjack quest can now be completed with any axe, except the stone ones.

Great job having the updated version ready so quickly. Sorry if I missed this info above, but will the 2.04 version require a fresh game or can games from 2.03 be continued?

Thanks for all the hard work.

2.03 games should work. :) No issues reproted by folks testing.

The only issue that did turn up is sometimes the launcher isn't fully downloading the mod. Not 100% sure if that's a launcher issue or a git being slow issue.

So, Khaine, something really weird is happening with 2.04 for me...

I can't continue a game or access the Video options. My base game is perfectly fine and updated to 17.2. My git download appears to be at 100%.

Here's the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/WYgn4euy

---Update---

A 100% uninstall and reinstall of the game copy and mod fixed the issue. I logged back in to trees growing in the middle of my base, so there's that. :D

Edited by Lewd (see edit history)

I was able to play without issue last night but this morning I get multiple errors and can't start DF mod. I see that it is now trying to start in 17.2 and I wonder if the issue is related to the experimental version you are working on. I have tried delete and refresh of the mod and although I get a little further I still cannot start the mod. I have tried to start a new game all to no avail. Any advise?

Fixed after full uninstall and reinstall.

Edited by David98299 (see edit history)

I have to tell you that I LOVE this mod. I have been playing 7days2die since Version 9 I believe and you brought back everything that was good in the game that they have since gotten rid of. You have also combined some things from Valmods (which is also an excellent old mod) and than other original items together in a way that makes this game GREAT again and I thank you!! I was about to shut down my server again out of boredom but you have brought the excitement back again. I get a bit of whining from one of my players on how it's so hard but the rest of them love it and I really did want to thank you for such an amazing job!!

@Leaderdog

"Day 38, 2 hour days. Quite enjoying the mod. hell of a thing finding ink. "

Just checking.. you know ink can be crafted right?

/facepalm I did not know that. I thought I checked and it wasn't possible. I will look again later today when I get a chance.

I've been running through buildings looking for filing cabinets as that's pretty much the only place I've found them... and the odd desk.

Khaine, discovered a new issue.

With the change to the batteries, the battery bank generators don't appear to work any more. Pulled the batts, picked up the gennie, replaced everything, still not working.

Huh. That's kind of annoying. I shall have to go poke at that and see if I can fix it up. Thanks for letting me know, :)

I was able to play without issue last night but this morning I get multiple errors and can't start DF mod. I see that it is now trying to start in 17.2 and I wonder if the issue is related to the experimental version you are working on. I have tried delete and refresh of the mod and although I get a little further I still cannot start the mod. I have tried to start a new game all to no avail. Any advise?

Only thing I can suggest is delete and redownload the game, then delete and download the non-experimental version of the mod. Launcher wasn't fully downloading files last night and that's what some folks in the discord had to do to make it work.

I have to tell you that I LOVE this mod. I have been playing 7days2die since Version 9 I believe and you brought back everything that was good in the game that they have since gotten rid of. You have also combined some things from Valmods (which is also an excellent old mod) and than other original items together in a way that makes this game GREAT again and I thank you!! I was about to shut down my server again out of boredom but you have brought the excitement back again. I get a bit of whining from one of my players on how it's so hard but the rest of them love it and I really did want to thank you for such an amazing job!!

Thank you :) Glad you're enjoying it.

Just stay away from wasteland, even small 2-block patches of it. God I hope RWG gets fixed soon.

/facepalm I did not know that. I thought I checked and it wasn't possible. I will look again later today when I get a chance.

I've been running through buildings looking for filing cabinets as that's pretty much the only place I've found them... and the odd desk.

Yep. Made in the camp fire or working oven. :)

Ok guys, i decided to update darkness falls to 2.0.4 and works fine, but then when i try to go to my old 17.1 save, I can't start it because the start button is greyed out and when i look at the console it says "savegame contains unknown option 'BlockDurabilityModifier'. Probably an outdated savegame- ignoring this option!" so if any of you guys can help me that would be pretty nice, thank you.

Ok guys, i decided to update darkness falls to 2.0.4 and works fine, but then when i try to go to my old 17.1 save, I can't start it because the start button is greyed out and when i look at the console it says "savegame contains unknown option 'BlockDurabilityModifier'. Probably an outdated savegame- ignoring this option!" so if any of you guys can help me that would be pretty nice, thank you.

Might need to make sure the save is in the correct folder. Not sure where that would be for the mod launcher.

Anybody else have issues with not being able to select inventory or quests at the trader? Its like my cursor it stuck below the options. Ive tried loging out and back in multiple times and i get the same issue

I've only heard of that issue if using a controller.