Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi

so i decided to try some of the new awesome things in the mod, like elevator and electric automated doors/drawbridges.

The elevator worked very well, but i just can not get the doors to work, i do not find a spot on the doors to attach electricity, i have tried putting the control block both normal and in concrete alle around the doors without any luck(connected to a turned an generator ofcourse), and i have tried putting a motionsensor between the generator and the control block without any luck.

maybe i have just totally misunderstod this feature or are not thinking about some logic solution :-), but without any descriptions on the items i have to ask you, have do they work?

we spent 70 hours in game and was around level 100 before we found our first welding torch.

we found it in the retirement village.

in retrospect i think spending more time in wasteland and locating trader Caitlin might have been a better strategy or night looting.

we spent one night where one of us used the auger on ressorces and the other one shooting and the loot was absolutely amazing, i got that rare shotgun with 300 in damage and omg it is amazing.

with all of this being said the fact that our progress was reset to 0 in scavenging around level 35 might have delayed our possibility of finding the welding torch.

Well its definitely not 35% from stiffy boxes. I've gone through like 70-90 stiffy, gas, car boxes and nothing. I even raised my scavenging. Most things are behind that torch, even that minibike, so making it this hard is silly.

Multi-player Setup

Hello. Its been a year or two since I last messed around with 7DTD multiplayer with mods and was wondering what I need to download to set things up. All I want to do is play a game where my brother and I play together.

Do we need to set up a server to do that or can we join through each other through the standard 7DTD interface? Which of the mod installations do each of us need to do?

I'd appreciate any answers. We spent waaay to long trying to figure it out last night. We both installed the client version and my brother tried to join my game I had created, but once the map had loaded to 100% he still wasn't entering the game.

Thank you!

Gas Barrel only contains 300 units of gas? That is 1 and a half fills for the auger. the little auger should be able to be refilled many many MANY more times than that from a barrel.

Not sure if that's a vanilla change or your change.

It's disproportionate to the way units of fuel work.

I thought default was 1000 units. which is still probably way less than it should be however, just checking if intended and I just mod that part myself.

Thanks, enjoying the mod. Need more welding torches though, still can't find one. :)

The auger in general uses way to much fuel imo. 300 fuel in the motorbike can power that thing for 20+ mins on average or at least it feels that way. Auger? burns thru that in 30s. They should have coded the auger/chainsaws engine to work like the vechicles do, it'd make way more sense. As I am sure a auger/chainsaw can go for more than 30 seconds on a full tank. Its something that has bugged me since I started 7dtd.

That would be Data/Config/entityclasses.xml.

Find this line...

<property name="CorpseBlockChance" value="1"/>

And change the 1 to a 0. It needs to be done in 2 places.

And that's it. :)

I tried this but every time I log in, gore blocks are still there. Also, when I exit and inspect the xml file again, the values have been reset to 1. Is this a function of the mod launcher syncing and overwriting the edited xml?

I'm mostly new to modding and completely new to the launcher, so thanks in advance. Excellent mod overall, btw, thanks for all your hard work, KhaineGB.

I tried this but every time I log in, gore blocks are still there. Also, when I exit and inspect the xml file again, the values have been reset to 1. Is this a function of the mod launcher syncing and overwriting the edited xml?

I'm mostly new to modding and completely new to the launcher, so thanks in advance. Excellent mod overall, btw, thanks for all your hard work, KhaineGB.

That fix only stops new blocks from spawning. Strange it's resetting, you could try to make the entityclasses read only.

That's the mod launcher resetting the files. I know there's stuff you need to turn off to stop that. Just don't remember what off the top of my head.

Just installed this through the modlauncher, and everything is white once I load up a game? I tried dropping gamma all the way down but that doesn't improve it. Any thoughts?

Something isn't installed properly. Some folks in the discord had the same problem and just had to keep trying until it finally decided to work. Could be an incomplete download but I honestly don't know.

Well its definitely not 35% from stiffy boxes. I've gone through like 70-90 stiffy, gas, car boxes and nothing. I even raised my scavenging. Most things are behind that torch, even that minibike, so making it this hard is silly.

It definitely is because that's the probabilities I set in loot.xml... and it's not normally this hard. I set it the same as A16 and people were finding them with no issues.

I will look at adjusting trader probabilities though so there's a better chance of having them stocked.

Hello. Its been a year or two since I last messed around with 7DTD multiplayer with mods and was wondering what I need to download to set things up. All I want to do is play a game where my brother and I play together.

Do we need to set up a server to do that or can we join through each other through the standard 7DTD interface? Which of the mod installations do each of us need to do?

I'd appreciate any answers. We spent waaay to long trying to figure it out last night. We both installed the client version and my brother tried to join my game I had created, but once the map had loaded to 100% he still wasn't entering the game.

Thank you!

You should be able to use steam to join each other's games. Both of you will need the client versions installed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused how the math works. I have 52 skill in Mining Tools and I put a skill point into it, yet when I mine a rock my mining damage didn't go up a single point. Can someone please explain how it works?

Thanks in advance!

Mining was broken in one of the mod versions... 2.01B I think. So make sure you're using 2.02 and you should be fine.

I've had illness for about 4 hours now. I tried honey and herbal antibiotics, but nothing is getting rid of it. It hasn't progressed to infection, and I don't *think* it's affecting anything, but I still show as having illness in my status and have the little icon. Any ideas?

That's a vanilla bug. Yes it's annoying. Only way to fix it that folks have reported is to go get infected from a zombie and then cure it.

The auger in general uses way to much fuel imo. 300 fuel in the motorbike can power that thing for 20+ mins on average or at least it feels that way. Auger? burns thru that in 30s. They should have coded the auger/chainsaws engine to work like the vechicles do, it'd make way more sense. As I am sure a auger/chainsaw can go for more than 30 seconds on a full tank. Its something that has bugged me since I started 7dtd.

You know why it does that?

Because it's a gun that uses gas cans for ammo with a range of melee. No, I'm not kidding. -_-

GO TO PAGE 94 .. Post 1408 and 1409 .. and LOOK there …… also there is some stuff on Sphereii site about gore blocks.

Because you most likely are doing the wrong ones .. if using the mod launcher.

Mod launcher .. Sphereii site .. page 122 .. Post 1822 and 1823

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

GO TO PAGE 94 .. Post 1408 and 1409 .. and LOOK there …… also there is some stuff on Sphereii site about gore blocks.

Because you most likely are doing the wrong ones .. if using the mod launcher.

Mod launcher .. Sphereii site .. page 122 .. Post 1822 and 1823

That's a huge help, thank you. I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Success! It was the xml file in the TempMods subdirectory pathway that needed the edit.

Thanks again for the awesome assist.

Edited by fullerre (see edit history)

That's a huge help, thank you. I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Success! It was the xml file in the TempMods subdirectory pathway that needed the edit.

Thanks again for the awesome assist.

Glad to help when I can ……. 2 thing .. don't pre-sync before launching game and turn OFF auto update mod top box on right.

Anytime you need to Update Mod to a New version .. YOU will have to redo files .. so get into the habit ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Mining was broken in one of the mod versions... 2.01B I think. So make sure you're using 2.02 and you should be fine.

I'm using 2.02. I did more testing...

At 53/100 with 2 skill pts into the skill (102% block damage) I did:

56 dmg (left click) 116 dmg (right click) to stone with scrap iron pickaxe 3

38 dmg (left click) to stone with stone hammer 1

112 dmg (left click) 172 dmg (right click) to tree with iron fireaxe 3

At 55/100 with 4 skill pts into the skill (104% block damage) I did:

57 dmg (left click) 116 dmg (right click) to stone with scrap iron pickaxe 3

114 dmg (left click) 173 dmg (right click) to tree with iron fireaxe 3

I'm trying to figure out how the skill works so I can determine if it's worth putting pts into. Any clue?

I'm using 2.02. I did more testing...

At 53/100 with 2 skill pts into the skill (102% block damage) I did:

56 dmg (left click) 116 dmg (right click) to stone with scrap iron pickaxe 3

112 dmg (left click) 172 dmg (right click) to tree with iron fireaxe 3

At 55/100 with 4 skill pts into the skill (104% block damage) I did:

57 dmg (left click) 116 dmg (right click) to stone with scrap iron pickaxe 3

114 dmg (left click) 173 dmg (right click) to tree with iron fireaxe 3

I'm trying to figure out how the skill works so I can determine if it's worth putting pts into. Any clue?

Absolutely don't spend points in action skills.

Wasn't worth it in A16, not worth it here.

Let them level naturally or via any books that you find. :)

Heya!

So.. I got my first Blood Moon with this Mod, the Day 7 Blood Moon.

I'm a bit confused, I had just 1(!) Radiated Biker with 280 HP and that's it. I'm level 7 and have just Game Stage 16, but there should definitely be more Zombies.

I can see a few spawns in the Console, so.. are the Zombies maybe all at the Trader and destroying them?

Guess that's not intended. :miserable:

Edit:

Checked the Trader, no Zombies during Blood Moon. :eek:

Edited by Nelicya (see edit history)

Sorry to bother you with more dumb questions:

1) How can I unlock the regular combat axe? Is it only found in loot?

2) Started as a Security/Scientist and unlocked Hunter after that. I put 5 pts in Stealth Assassin (Sneak attack+200%), but when i sneak kill something with an AR15, it only says DMG x 2.0 as opposed to 3.0. Is it just not displaying correctly, or am I missing out on damage?

Again, totally lovin' the mod. You are single-handedly saving this Alpha cycle.

Sorry to bother you with more dumb questions:

1) How can I unlock the regular combat axe? Is it only found in loot?

2) Started as a Security/Scientist and unlocked Hunter after that. I put 5 pts in Stealth Assassin (Sneak attack+200%), but when i sneak kill something with an AR15, it only says DMG x 2.0 as opposed to 3.0. Is it just not displaying correctly, or am I missing out on damage?

Again, totally lovin' the mod. You are single-handedly saving this Alpha cycle.

1) You can't. I'm an idiot and forgot to add a schematic to the mod, but it is on my bug list to fix.

I maek a derp. ;)

2) I'm honestly not sure. It should be doing triple the damage, but I will do some testing.

Seed: Darkness Falls

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27527[/ATTACH]

I tried google, youtube, steam forum search...and failed miserably! I would've posted this question on steam, but figured I'd post it here since it's directly related to this post.

I've made it game with "Darkness Falls" as the "Game Name", I've made a game with "Darkness Falls" as the "World Generation Seed" name, and I've made a game with "Darkness Falls" as both...yet, I still don't seem to have the same map. Can someone please explain what I'm doing wrong? My game is A17.1, which I'm guessing is the same as this post.

Thanks for any help!

Love the mod.. Me and a few friends are playing it. But we are having one issue.. If one dies it seems that are tool bar seems to randomly disapear items. Even if we have room or nothing in que. Any know fix or work around on this ?

Was an issue with the player dropped backpack size. Should now be fixed. Just uploaded an update. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Darkness Falls 2.03 is out! Be aware that quests and progression have been tweaked to fix NRE's. There have not been any reports of characters being reset, but be aware that it MIGHT happen.

Make sure to update via the mod launcher. Use the A17 links in the first post if you manually install as GitHub will auto-update them. :) This is for A17.1 still, so A17.2 is not needed.

- Updated all mods to SDX 0.7.4.

- Added Emu's GUI patch to support other languages.

- Behemoths are back and working.

- Started seperating out unity3d files for less lag on loading. Entities and Guns done so far.

- Sticky Arrows turned off to stop giant arrow issues.

- Changed car downgrades. Engine on damaged, battery on frame so there's a point to taking all of it.

- Removed secondary tag from miner69'er and added perkmotherlode instead so it works with tools.

- Hunger warning buffs were 52/5 default. Changed to 50/5.

- Thirst warning buffs were 77/25 default. Changed to 50/15.

- Forged Steel added to the Steel Crafting perk.

- Crucible added to the Steel Crafting perk.

- Crucible now only works in the Big Forge and Advanced Forge.

- Advanced Forge shouldn't NRE anymore.

- Pipe weapons now don't sell for a crap ton.

- Radiated snow zombie spawn rate adjusted and health lowered.

- Added stamina reduction to salvage operations.

- Added block damage to scavenging, but a lower rate than salvage operations.

- Combat Axe now has a lootable schematic.

- Junction Box is in and working, but needs localization.

- Removed duplicate radio recipe.

- Lowered Coilgun damage.

- Increased player dropped backpack window size.

- Radiated Soldier Zombie remade to help with a rare NRE.

- Wandering Horde code referenced a non-existant entitygroup. Has now been fixed.

- Added empty water barrel and full water barrel items, along with applicable blocks

- Added a Rain Catcher.

- Added clay bucket items to help out in early game.

- All class quests now reward items and perks in a different way to help with NRE's

- Added Titanium Sledgehammer to Titanium Crafting perk.

- Added Purple, Yellow and Orange dyes.

- Enabled crafting of Rad Remover mod.

- Tagged Titanium Armor with heavyarmor so either perk will work.

- Lowered paper probability in book loot groups.

- Survivalist torch now has a new block that should be able to be picked up.

- Fixed a really random NRE with animal snares.

- Turned on HarvestOverdamage for lots of blocks. This means better damage tools should give a resource bonus on the last hit. Needs extensive testing.

- Increased resource gain on tools based on material and tier.

- Added scrap recipes to the advanced forge so resources can be removed.

- Added cement mixer recipe to Hammer and Forge Perk Level 4.

- Added Learnable tags to all gun parts to see if that fixes any issues, specifically the winchester rifle.

- Snowberries now grow into the proper, player-planted version so they'll give more when you punch them AND downgrade into seeds.

- Perception was applying headshot procs and damage twice. It now doesnt.

- Working Sink set to CanPickup so you should be able to pick it up now.

Was an issue with the player dropped backpack size. Should now be fixed. Just uploaded an update. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Darkness Falls 2.03 is out! Be aware that quests and progression have been tweaked to fix NRE's. There have not been any reports of characters being reset, but be aware that it MIGHT happen.

Was the farming change added to this patch or are you still testing?

Edited by Odetta (see edit history)