Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Just curious.... the sticky front page post says version 20.3 download, but in the mod launcher it says version 20.4 or 20.5 version of 7D is required. Is it just the mod version that's 20.3 and game version is 20.5? Just puzzled my small brain a bit :)

has there been a steam or 7 days to die update? 

i have been playing the newest version with compo pack all week long without a problem. but the game keeps crashing now every time i try to load my savegame. i thought, maybe the save has been corrupted (once again...) but starting a new game doesn't work either anymore.

i re-copied my 7days folder and downloaded the mod again, but nothing changes, the game still keeps crashing :(

7 hours ago, Thundy said:

Just curious.... the sticky front page post says version 20.3 download, but in the mod launcher it says version 20.4 or 20.5 version of 7D is required. Is it just the mod version that's 20.3 and game version is 20.5? Just puzzled my small brain a bit :)

that's the problem when the mod author is busy with new kitten at home and need to look at discord,reddit and forum.

The mod launcher is right,. the latest DF version 4.03a  is for 7d2d 20.5 and works for 20.4.

@everyone Alright folks, here it is. Darkness Falls V4.03A with compo pack included is now ready for everyone!

This update includes some required tweaks so the mod will now be compatible with XBox Game Pass versions of the game. Also, this version of the mod has been tested on both 20.4 and 20.5 experimental, so you can use whichever version of the game you wish.

4 hours ago, soulphreak said:

has there been a steam or 7 days to die update? 

i have been playing the newest version with compo pack all week long without a problem. but the game keeps crashing now every time i try to load my savegame. i thought, maybe the save has been corrupted (once again...) but starting a new game doesn't work either anymore.

i re-copied my 7days folder and downloaded the mod again, but nothing changes, the game still keeps crashing :(

No updates so far.

And when you allready use a copied version of 7d2d for the mod, it shouldn't get update either.

So when it worked before, nothing should change/update that.

Did you recopy over the existing files or did you delete the old ones file. If not try to delete if first.

If that don't help the logfile maybe would be helpful.

never mind guys, got it running again.

would you believe, if i told you, that my cat ran over my keyboard and SOMEHOW started a recording (i don't even know how i would start such a thing :P) which completely filled up my system harddrive?... oh well :) 

1 hour ago, soulphreak said:

would you believe, if i told you, that my cat ran over my keyboard and SOMEHOW started a recording (i don't even know how i would start such a thing :P) which completely filled up my system harddrive?... oh well :) 

Yes, yes I would believe that because i've woken up to about 300GB of empty video file thanks to my cats :D

4 hours ago, soulphreak said:

spacer.png

I am running into a crashing issue, but it's not a pet. Here is the Windows Event Viewer log. I haven't played in about 6 days and made no changes other than Windows update.

Suggestions?

Faulting application name: 7DaysToDie.exe, version: 2020.3.14.53691, time stamp: 0x60e10294
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2020.3.14.53691, time stamp: 0x60e102c4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000042cae3
Faulting process id: 0x2e50
Faulting application start time: 0x01d872ac628a2fe0
Faulting application path: D:\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie.exe
Faulting module path: D:\7 Days To Die\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: d80b9e3c-b042-42b6-bc71-2c838c210e49
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

#1 The quests where you find Eve for the first time and "The Reward" can be accepted multiple times. In theory one could accept the "Finding Eve" quest 50 times and then get 50 rewards from her, which will be lots of ammo. It should not be possible to accept those quests more often than once, just like any other quests as well.

#2 Why do most weapons and tools only give like 7 iron when you scrap them? 7 iron seems very little for scrapping a machete for example.

I'm intrigued by the DF mod, but I would like to know 2 things. Can I disable vultures/hornets and can i remove the horde days like normal. I just don't like horde days. Hubby normally goes into some xml file and removes the vultures, just wanted to now if doing something similar will work.

I read in one of the posts here the DF has an endgame. Is that correct?

Evening!

Was recently running a server on 20.2. Decided with the added CP maps I would update to the latest version (DF 4.03A and A20.5b2) I was able to log into server without issue, as soon as I walked toward the nearby trader (assuming bob based on the error message) I fell through the map and ended up in a permanent loading loop and only way to disconnect was by closing the server. Now when attempting to connect the error message comes up as soon as my character id is created. Any suggestions? 

Screenshot 2022-05-29 224333.jpg

Edited by AKMrTumnus (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Ianua said:

I'm intrigued by the DF mod, but I would like to know 2 things. Can I disable vultures/hornets and can i remove the horde days like normal. I just don't like horde days. Hubby normally goes into some xml file and removes the vultures, just wanted to now if doing something similar will work.

For vultures, I use this mod: https://7daystodiemods.com/reality-check-removing-some-zombies-animals/. It replaces vultures with zombie Moe. Just use the modlet 'No Vultures', ignore the rest. It does mean Moe can spawn in strange places :)

Hornets can be made not to spawn entirely: Open entitygroups.xml in \7 Days To Die\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config\, search for the two instances of 'animalHornet' and change both prob= values to zero. Making an overriding modlet would be better but it's such a small edit I never got round to it.

Edited by BarryTGash (see edit history)

A quick question about 3rd party mod compatibility. I came across a mod named PinRecipe. I was wondering if anyone is successfully using this mod with Darkness Falls. If yes, are you just copying the mod's files into the mod folder  or ?

Thanks

55 minutes ago, newbie said:

If yes, are you just copying the mod's files into the mod folder  or ?

Not mod files, the mod folder., but yes that's the manual way to instal mods.

And how did you instal DF ? Used the mod launcher and the pin recipe you can't add over the mod launcher  too ?

I can't say if it work's or not.

But you can try it out yourself, just create a new SP world with that mod active, then try to pin some recipes.

If that work's you can continue with your world, if it doesn't work, just delete it and maybe ask the mod author for a DF patch.

On 5/29/2022 at 11:01 AM, PoloPoPo said:

#1 The quests where you find Eve for the first time and "The Reward" can be accepted multiple times. In theory one could accept the "Finding Eve" quest 50 times and then get 50 rewards from her, which will be lots of ammo. It should not be possible to accept those quests more often than once, just like any other quests as well.

#2 Why do most weapons and tools only give like 7 iron when you scrap them? 7 iron seems very little for scrapping a machete for example.

1) Known but haven't found an elegant way to deal with it yet that doesn't screw with the player re-accepting the quest if they accidentally or intentionally delete it.

2) Because some of them may need extra rebalancing.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:32 PM, Ianua said:

More to the point, WHY do you want to remove them? And yes, it does.

On 5/29/2022 at 3:59 PM, Loftus said:

Hi Khaine - thanks for the suggestion. However, I have 32Gb RAM and my virtual memory is set at 48Gb.

Try getting a fresh download of the game and see if that helps. If not, try reinstalling various visual C# redistributables and see if that helps.

10 hours ago, AKMrTumnus said:

Evening!

Was recently running a server on 20.2. Decided with the added CP maps I would update to the latest version (DF 2.03A and A20.5b2) I was able to log into server without issue, as soon as I walked toward the nearby trader (assuming bob based on the error message) I fell through the map and ended up in a permanent loading loop and only way to disconnect was by closing the server. Now when attempting to connect the error message comes up as soon as my character id is created. Any suggestions? 

Screenshot 2022-05-29 224333.jpg

Did you clear old data? Because you may need to.

1 hour ago, newbie said:

A quick question about 3rd party mod compatibility. I came across a mod named PinRecipe. I was wondering if anyone is successfully using this mod with Darkness Falls. If yes, are you just copying the mod's files into the mod folder  or ?

Thanks

That one definitely works.

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Did you clear old data? Because you may need to.

I had wiped the server and was using a fresh install. I can play without issues on singleplayer. I was going to attempt loading a new map and see if the issue persists but its nice out and I'm just getting to my desk for a bit. 

13 minutes ago, AKMrTumnus said:

I had wiped the server and was using a fresh install. I can play without issues on singleplayer. I was going to attempt loading a new map and see if the issue persists but its nice out and I'm just getting to my desk for a bit. 

Wish it had been nice out here. I've got gardening and car work to do but it's just been chucking it down and cold all day. :D

17 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Wish it had been nice out here. I've got gardening and car work to do but it's just been chucking it down and cold all day. :D

Oof, sorry to hear that. It's been sunny and 70 degrees (if you ever make it to Alaska come around this time of year) and it's only 1:30.

Tried a new map, couldn't get an error. I do have to adjust the serverconfig.xml to fit my server settings. And this time on the map I noticed it appeared that the issue was that only the initial chunk loaded and nothing else did. I'll compare the configs and ensure I have everything mapped across.

Installed this overhaul this weekend for some friends and myself. Seems like a lot of fun so far, but a few of the game mechanics have changed, and we're finding them out slowly the hard way.

There's quite a few videos out there with introductions to the game - some good, some trash, but I've found very little documentation. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time and videos aren't the preferred way to deliver the information I want. (Not searchable, no idea of the contents ahead of time, can't go at my own pace etc.). 

The in-game documentation seems good if you know to look for it. But as you often "don't  know what you don't know", you can gloss over that thinking it hasn't changed and learn the hard way. As we only really get 3-4 hours a fortnight to play as a group, stopping to read during the game can annoy some of the group.

What I am really after is a document of "here's the key changes" and possibly a bit of an intro to the storyline aspect of the game. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Failing that, if there was a small number of videos, that would be better than me trying to figure out who are the decent play testers/genuine content creators on Youtube and who are the kids just trying to get likes online, someone pointing out the good ones would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, AKMrTumnus said:

Oof, sorry to hear that. It's been sunny and 70 degrees (if you ever make it to Alaska come around this time of year) and it's only 1:30.

Tried a new map, couldn't get an error. I do have to adjust the serverconfig.xml to fit my server settings. And this time on the map I noticed it appeared that the issue was that only the initial chunk loaded and nothing else did. I'll compare the configs and ensure I have everything mapped across.

Fingers crossed it plays nice.

30 minutes ago, Pernicious said:

Installed this overhaul this weekend for some friends and myself. Seems like a lot of fun so far, but a few of the game mechanics have changed, and we're finding them out slowly the hard way.

There's quite a few videos out there with introductions to the game - some good, some trash, but I've found very little documentation. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time and videos aren't the preferred way to deliver the information I want. (Not searchable, no idea of the contents ahead of time, can't go at my own pace etc.). 

The in-game documentation seems good if you know to look for it. But as you often "don't  know what you don't know", you can gloss over that thinking it hasn't changed and learn the hard way. As we only really get 3-4 hours a fortnight to play as a group, stopping to read during the game can annoy some of the group.

What I am really after is a document of "here's the key changes" and possibly a bit of an intro to the storyline aspect of the game. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Failing that, if there was a small number of videos, that would be better than me trying to figure out who are the decent play testers/genuine content creators on Youtube and who are the kids just trying to get likes online, someone pointing out the good ones would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I mean, i've got loads of videos on my channel of me playing the mod. Otherwise i'd look at SnowBee as his videos are often quite short (around 10 mins) and he's got several on various aspects of the mod.

17 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

I mean, i've got loads of videos on my channel of me playing the mod. Otherwise i'd look at SnowBee as his videos are often quite short (around 10 mins) and he's got several on various aspects of the mod.

Thanks mate. Same username on Youtube, I presume? Will also look up SnowBee.

8 hours ago, Pernicious said:

Maybe someone who got more time should start a singleplayer game and find out some gameplay mechanics, and explain it later to the group.

- as group you prolly suffer from good food at the beginning. You will prolly constant eat baked yucca/apple or orange slices maybe baked potatos grilled steak.

That's why it is important to have a farmer class as groupd at the beginning.

The class quest don't tell you, the farmer can craft a scrap metal hoe, with the hoe you can till dirt and plant seed's on it. Between tilling you need to have 1 row space. These space you can use for the water row. (Snowbee's video about rice farming).

Once the farmer can craft an iron hoe, he should use that to harvest plants.

- Storyline, not that important at the beginning, start with the 2.NPC at the traders, called white river scout.

You need 10 reputation with them and they will give you an open trade route job to send you to the next storyline NPC, ...

Btw. at multiplayer these scout quests can be very far away, that is a vanilla bug and can't be avoided.

- You maybe notice there are Mastery perk's for each job. There are 3 way's to get these

1. unlock it with 10 points

2. Mastery book, very rare loot drop or craftable (expensive).

3. buy the perk for 100k duke's from a trader. You need to have 29/30 reputation with the trader and the 100k dukes at the inventory before he show you the offer. (my prefered way). Each trader sell a different perk.

Feel free to join the discord, mosttimes the responce time for a question is shorter then at the forum.

Just wanted to ask if DF has a known problem with drones. In my last two games I've found drones relatively early on and they both died suddenly when nothing was happening.

In the first instance I was standing in my base, no attacks going on or anything, and the drone suddenly said it had to shut down to due to excessive damage (or some such) and dropped to the floor.  Granted, it only had 9 HP left (hadn't wanted to lose levels by repairing it and I couldn't craft drones yet), but nothing was happening to take those few HPs away.

The second time I was standing in Razor's compound, up on the walkway, away from any crafting stations or other things (which I hadn't used anyway), and the drone gave me the message and dropped to the floor with 0 HP. It had had 79 HP left seconds before. Again there were no attacks or anything going on.

I know they can get set on fire when hovering over advanced forges and such, but I always check and I've never seen it cause damage to them (there weren't any advanced forges around either time they died, anyway).

(Edit: I should mention this was in singleplayer).

Edited by Similar
Clarification (see edit history)