Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

2 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

Do you STILL stream on TWITCH? I didn't see anyone by the name KhaineGB. This is a really old post sooo...  I'm just *now* looking into Darkness Falls and reading the comments and responses. Friends are trying to get me to add it to my server.

There's like 384 pages on here of comments and responses...
So not sure how to look for specific answers to my questions - which are:

** Does Darkness Falls work with other (server side) mods for regular 7 Days? Like the White River quests mod, the Sous Chef additional cooking mod, etc or are there conflicts with them?

** So I think I've seen that you have to disable the EAC in order to use this mod? Is that still a thing 4 years later? I don't know how to do that but I can look it up easily enough I suppose.

I think that's it...
Thanks!

I watched your video and found my answer to the 2nd question but not the first one. But after watching a ton of videos on DF, I know I won't be installing it on my own server. There's not enough Veteran players that are good enough to play it and stick with it to make a paid server worth the $$. At least not for me.

Looks really cool though. I might play it on someone elses server though.

10 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

** Does Darkness Falls work with other (server side) mods for regular 7 Days? Like the White River quests mod, the Sous Chef additional cooking mod, etc or are there conflicts with them?

** So I think I've seen that you have to disable the EAC in order to use this mod? Is that still a thing 4 years later? I don't know how to do that but I can look it up easily enough I suppose.

Other modlets don't work well together with Overhaul mods, since the overhaul changed alot of the vanilla gamemechanics.

And since the overhaul change the vanilla gamemechanic the EAC would made problems about the custom .dll's so no use.

10 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

So not sure how to look for specific answers to my questions -

The forum got a search function, which you just let search the current topic. Or at the discord is a FAQ, and both question are very common questions.

3 hours ago, BafJo said:

Hi, 

When it comes to updating Darkness Falls. Do i just drag and drop the new version into my7 Days to Die Folder. Or do i have to have a clean 7 Days to Die copy ready?

Delete the old Mods folder, replace with the new one, done

Hello!

I've been playing on a private dedicated server me and my friends have. Been playhing for about 2 weeks with the Darkness fall mod, no problem.

Last night my game crashed... hard crash... i had a mini window open with a red exclamation mark, a little loading bar (guessing it was either collection info or sending info about the crash to progs) i dont really know what it was.... but it was late so i just Started a File Verification through steam and went to bed.

Today Whenever I try to log back in the server... at the "CREATING CHARACTER" during the loading screen... I always get this message and the game never loads:

5M7e3LB.png

"Exc NullreferenceException Object Reference Not set to an instance of an object"
&
"Discarting NetpackagePlayerStats for Entity ID=xxxx"

No idea what all of this means... but I cant log into our server anymore :(

Also maybe worth mentioning but may not be related:
Yesterday... about the Same place I crashed (my built home base) I happened to get a bug where for some reason... walking around my base... happened like 3 times (and happened Just before the crash) the debug console suddenly opened up (i dont remember the message sorry) so I closed it pressing F1, but from that moment on... I could Not interact with anything... cant open doors, cant open inventory, cant get into vehicles... i usually just disconnected, and reconnected to server and it was fixed, BUT for some reason I was teleported several meters away... like  I built my base across the street of a trader, I would Get the Bug in front of my base's door, and upon relogging I would appear on the otherside of the trader, even if i didnt set foot there in a while... but i know last night i had that bug and told myself it was late and should just disconnect and go to bed, and while i was about to log out, the game hard crashed.

Thanks for any help

So yeah I did Steam's File Verification
I did double check for the EAC and it was not activated...

Edited by Tef (see edit history)

I know, this has been asked before. And I've been trying to follow advice here but I'm still a little stuck. We've been ALL OVER THE PLACE trying to find ANY of the labs. We're using a PREGEN8k world, size medium, and CAN NOT find them. I went in to check the prefab list and can't find any of the lab names there (unless I'm looking at the wrong list...?). I've been trying hard not to ask, as I know exploration is part of the fun, but we're running out of map and haven't found anything. I'm guessing we're missing a small something somewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out where.

Any sort of help would be appreciated. Even just a general area for it (not just "radiation zone", or whatever, but something to pinpoint it a bit closer would be great).

Please help. Been at it for three real days now and still no luck. :(

Edited by VagabondClown (see edit history)

4 hours ago, VagabondClown said:

We're using a PREGEN8k world

Because at the pregen maps arn't any of the DF story POI.

from the FAQ

🗺️ Maps & RWG (Random World Gen) Q: What maps can I play with Darkness Falls?

Any of the following maps have all the POIs needed for Darkness Falls: DFalls-Large1-NoCP DFalls-Large2-NoCP DFalls-Medium1-NoCP DFalls-Medium2-NoCP DFalls-Naveszgane DFalls-Small1-NoCP DFalls-Small2-NoCP DFalls-VSmall1-NoCP DFalls-VSmall2-NoCP DFalls-XLarge1-NoCP DFalls-KrunchMap-Large-12K Vsmall = 6k, Small = 8k, Medium = 10k, Large = 12k, XLarge = 14k

Q: What does NoCP mean in the pregen maps?

NoCP means “No CompoPack”. CompoPack is the collection of fan-made POIs that are developed independently of Darkness Falls. Update: CompoPack is released now, and the POIs are being evaluated for inclusion in future DFalls Maps. "Soon".

Looking for a new map to play? There are also a number of community-made maps that should work (see df-modlets-addons) RWG (Random World Gen) now works for Darkness Falls, in that it will place POIs in the correct biomes - however (and this is especially true for small maps) it is not guaranteed to place all POIs. ⚠️If you’re going to use RWG, you must check that the following POIs exist. If not, you can manually place them (although that’s beyond the scope of this FAQ).

DFalls_Annas_House - Any non-wasteland city, Khaine prefers forest. DFalls_Eves_Camp - Desert DFalls_Military_Bunker - Snow DFalls_Razors_House - Forest (desert would probably be ok too) DFalls_Resarch_Lab1 - Wasteland DFalls_settlement_caitlin - Wasteland To check if a POI exists, you enable debug mode, then choose POI Teleporter from the in-game menu, then search for DFalls. @DF insane is the real experience has a video showing how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff2vTqGy0fI

⚠️You must also check a RWG map to make sure that the White River Scout is giving quests. In some map configurations she does not. If this is the case, the map will have to be regenerated. This seems to be especially frequent with modlets that increase RWG city density.

On 5/21/2022 at 10:17 PM, Thundy said:

Hi - do the electric fences still not lose HP for use but just overload for a bit? I love this but cant' recall if it was changed.

As far as I know, they do.

16 hours ago, Tef said:

Hello!

I've been playing on a private dedicated server me and my friends have. Been playhing for about 2 weeks with the Darkness fall mod, no problem.

Last night my game crashed... hard crash... i had a mini window open with a red exclamation mark, a little loading bar (guessing it was either collection info or sending info about the crash to progs) i dont really know what it was.... but it was late so i just Started a File Verification through steam and went to bed.

Today Whenever I try to log back in the server... at the "CREATING CHARACTER" during the loading screen... I always get this message and the game never loads:

5M7e3LB.png

"Exc NullreferenceException Object Reference Not set to an instance of an object"
&
"Discarting NetpackagePlayerStats for Entity ID=xxxx"

No idea what all of this means... but I cant log into our server anymore :(

Also maybe worth mentioning but may not be related:
Yesterday... about the Same place I crashed (my built home base) I happened to get a bug where for some reason... walking around my base... happened like 3 times (and happened Just before the crash) the debug console suddenly opened up (i dont remember the message sorry) so I closed it pressing F1, but from that moment on... I could Not interact with anything... cant open doors, cant open inventory, cant get into vehicles... i usually just disconnected, and reconnected to server and it was fixed, BUT for some reason I was teleported several meters away... like  I built my base across the street of a trader, I would Get the Bug in front of my base's door, and upon relogging I would appear on the otherside of the trader, even if i didnt set foot there in a while... but i know last night i had that bug and told myself it was late and should just disconnect and go to bed, and while i was about to log out, the game hard crashed.

Thanks for any help

So yeah I did Steam's File Verification
I did double check for the EAC and it was not activated...

Check the server log.

5 hours ago, VagabondClown said:

I know, this has been asked before. And I've been trying to follow advice here but I'm still a little stuck. We've been ALL OVER THE PLACE trying to find ANY of the labs. We're using a PREGEN8k world, size medium, and CAN NOT find them. I went in to check the prefab list and can't find any of the lab names there (unless I'm looking at the wrong list...?). I've been trying hard not to ask, as I know exploration is part of the fun, but we're running out of map and haven't found anything. I'm guessing we're missing a small something somewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out where.

Any sort of help would be appreciated. Even just a general area for it (not just "radiation zone", or whatever, but something to pinpoint it a bit closer would be great).

Please help. Been at it for three real days now and still no luck. :(

Wrong map 😛

8 hours ago, Canute said:

Because at the pregen maps arn't any of the DF story POI.

from the FAQ

🗺️ Maps & RWG (Random World Gen) Q: What maps can I play with Darkness Falls?

Any of the following maps have all the POIs needed for Darkness Falls: DFalls-Large1-NoCP DFalls-Large2-NoCP DFalls-Medium1-NoCP DFalls-Medium2-NoCP DFalls-Naveszgane DFalls-Small1-NoCP DFalls-Small2-NoCP DFalls-VSmall1-NoCP DFalls-VSmall2-NoCP DFalls-XLarge1-NoCP DFalls-KrunchMap-Large-12K Vsmall = 6k, Small = 8k, Medium = 10k, Large = 12k, XLarge = 14k

Q: What does NoCP mean in the pregen maps?

NoCP means “No CompoPack”. CompoPack is the collection of fan-made POIs that are developed independently of Darkness Falls. Update: CompoPack is released now, and the POIs are being evaluated for inclusion in future DFalls Maps. "Soon".

Looking for a new map to play? There are also a number of community-made maps that should work (see df-modlets-addons) RWG (Random World Gen) now works for Darkness Falls, in that it will place POIs in the correct biomes - however (and this is especially true for small maps) it is not guaranteed to place all POIs. ⚠️If you’re going to use RWG, you must check that the following POIs exist. If not, you can manually place them (although that’s beyond the scope of this FAQ).

DFalls_Annas_House - Any non-wasteland city, Khaine prefers forest. DFalls_Eves_Camp - Desert DFalls_Military_Bunker - Snow DFalls_Razors_House - Forest (desert would probably be ok too) DFalls_Resarch_Lab1 - Wasteland DFalls_settlement_caitlin - Wasteland To check if a POI exists, you enable debug mode, then choose POI Teleporter from the in-game menu, then search for DFalls. @DF insane is the real experience has a video showing how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff2vTqGy0fI

⚠️You must also check a RWG map to make sure that the White River Scout is giving quests. In some map configurations she does not. If this is the case, the map will have to be regenerated. This seems to be especially frequent with modlets that increase RWG city density.

Oh. Well, that would explain it. 

Crap. Thank you. 

Hi!

New player here. I am running a server for DF for my friends and I and we are enjoying the increased difficulty over vanilla so far. One thing we've noticed, and haven't been able to find any info on, is redcuded max hp from dying. I've read through the changes list, and I don't see anything specifically mentioned in there about it.

Mainly our questions are:

1) Is there a time on the debuff?

2) Is there a way to get rid of the buff?

Any help is appreciated 😃

You need to differ them the death buff and the wellness.

The death buff lower the attributes/skills by 1, that mean you maybe can't craft something anymore you could before. The buff will go away over time.

The wellness is the one which affect your HP and stamina.

To raise/restore your wellness you need to eat/drink good food or use drugs that raise your wellness like vitamin's.

But you can't spam good food, you need to wait until the good food buff is gone until you will get a new wellness boost from that food.

That mean you can should drink 1 red tea and fill your thrist with regular boiled water.

That's why it is important to cook stuff which give more wellness.

13 hours ago, Xibir said:

Hi!

New player here. I am running a server for DF for my friends and I and we are enjoying the increased difficulty over vanilla so far. One thing we've noticed, and haven't been able to find any info on, is redcuded max hp from dying. I've read through the changes list, and I don't see anything specifically mentioned in there about it.

Mainly our questions are:

1) Is there a time on the debuff?

2) Is there a way to get rid of the buff?

Any help is appreciated 😃

No to both. When you die, you lose 10 max HP. It's the wellness function.  There is a perk you can take which increases the minimum you can go down to. Otherwise just eat/drink good stuff to get it back.

Hello everybody,

Enjoying this mod since 19alfa, I even don't remember when i played vanilla last time. 

Somehow I got strange bug, never happened before. All my classes are done and started collect pages for masteries. One day I wanted to spend point on some class but seems all my classes went to 1/2 and says I need to finish my class. Only starting class I chose is 0/1, means its not started at all. In quest tab all class quests are finished.

Does there is fix for that, or I broke my game completely?

Hello, i am new and my english is not so good. i hope i can describe my problem :) i installed the mod and it works great, except when i want to upgrade a wooden frame with the stone ax level 11...then it is not upgraded but the frame hit with a strong attack and is half broken... am I missing a perk or what can be the reason? if you need more information please let me know 

1 hour ago, razzarzor75 said:

Hello, i am new and my english is not so good. i hope i can describe my problem :) i installed the mod and it works great, except when i want to upgrade a wooden frame with the stone ax level 11...then it is not upgraded but the frame hit with a strong attack and is half broken... am I missing a perk or what can be the reason? if you need more information please let me know 

Use stone hammer not axe.

6 minutes ago, zebras said:

Hello everybody,

Enjoying this mod since 19alfa, I even don't remember when i played vanilla last time. 

Somehow I got strange bug, never happened before. All my classes are done and started collect pages for masteries. One day I wanted to spend point on some class but seems all my classes went to 1/2 and says I need to finish my class. Only starting class I chose is 0/1, means its not started at all. In quest tab all class quests are finished.

Does there is fix for that, or I broke my game completely?

Did you die? If so, it's the near death debuff.

4 minutes ago, razzarzor75 said:

You use a stone hammer, not a stone axe.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Did you die? If so, it's the near death debuff.

No i didn't die, I can't say when it happened, coz I just did my build on base and didn't check my classes for like 2 - 3 game days.

edit: third or fourth time restarted game and now everything works fine. Hopefully its only a glitch and can be fixed with restarting game.

Edited by zebras (see edit history)

3 hours ago, zebras said:

but seems all my classes went to 1/2 and says I need to finish my class.

Did you just die and still got the death penalty buff ?

Then just wait until the buff is gone and recheck your skills.

11 hours ago, Canute said:

Did you just die and still got the death penalty buff ?

Then just wait until the buff is gone and recheck your skills.

That has happened to me as well, not to sure of the time it takes but it will all come back