Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

16 hours ago, Cherry Poppinz said:

So here's the thing... I may have destroyed the courier satchel with my shotgun. Every time I try to restart the quest with Eve the POI does not want to reset. I'm running out of ideas.  

I believe you can grab it from creative and place it to allow the quest to work. At least that's what other people have said in discord.

55 minutes ago, DangerSeeker said:

I've just updated to A20.5 and DF 4.03A and I'm getting this error now when harvesting some plantfibers. 

spacer.png

Works fine for me. I suggest reinstall, and make sure it's CLEAN. No other mods. At all.

3 hours ago, BladeWaltz said:

Hey, my game updated to A20.5(b2) and now I'm getting an error and weird interface glitch. I did a fresh reinstall but nothing changed.

spacer.png

You may need to reinstlal. I changed how I patch the windows file so that window is NOT touched by me.

35 minutes ago, Cherry Poppinz said:

Is there a link for A20.5 install for DF?

It's the same as the 20.4 one posted earlier.

4 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

You may need to reinstlal. I changed how I patch the windows file so that window is NOT touched by me.

It's the same as the 20.4 one posted earlier.

Yeah, I followed that and the directions and my game is still showing as 20.4. I’ll try again later, thanks. 

KhaineGB:

I'm really happy that you're sticking with this mod! I introduced my wife to the game a while ago and she gradually got to the point where she wanted to try it. We're about 60 days in to a mostly vanilla playthrough (have to have some of your QoL modlets like the 60 slot backpack and locking buttons) and once we're done with that I plan to set up a DF game.

I think she's in for a real treat!

No feedback past my sincere thanks! I enjoyed the A19 DF you put out and from what I've seen I expect that your newest version will absolutely delight me.

19 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I've tried multiple times fresh new map, I guess the new version messed up some things. I ended up reverting back to 20.4. Also I wanted to ask something about crashes. Initially I had a 12k map then went to 8k thinking that might help. So the game is crashing due to running out of memory ( which is weird I have 32GB ). I'm playing 7D2D for a month now and I've heard people complaining about memory leaks and stuff. So far I fixed it with restarting the game every 2 hours or so. It usually happens when I travel a lot and that would explain it. Is there no other solution for this?

I was having issue with 20.5 from 20.4 that did not show itself at once. I tried all sorts of things to fix it. In the end I backed up the Mods folder, un-installed 7D2D, deleted ALL it's folders. For good measure I re-started the 'puter and re-installed everything. And, now everything fine in the garden. OK, so I started a new game.

In short, remove the game, everything AFTER you have backed up the Mods folder.

Job done

I was getting the same error (UI artifact on screen) as BladeWaltz with a20.B5 and DF 4.03.

Was fine with single player by got the UI artifact when joining my dedicated server (even after reinstall of both client and server).

Works fine in a20.B4 / DF 4.03

Works fine with a20.B5 / DF 4.03A

So appears to be an issue only with a20.B5 / DF4.03.

Edited by FinkPloyd
spelling (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Jaaru said:

I have updated the game to a20.5 and downloaded df 4.03a.

But i also have a backup of df 4.03.

And that has a ScoutsMod folder but the 4.03a dont have it.

Is this ok?

Yes, because scoutsmod is now in the main DLL file in 0-DarknessFallsCore. So it's no longer needed in 4.03A

7 hours ago, FinkPloyd said:

(even after reinstall of both client and server).

You should have read the posting from Phil above.

You should have delete anything, uninstal don't delete old version files.

Not sure if this is just bad RNG or issue with VSmall1-CP map?   Did a complete uninstall - yes, I watched the video - and then installed V403a. I started up a game using the Vsmall1-CP map. The initial go find the trader quest led me to Razor, and not a typical trader. When I speak to him he has no job , just tells me go see the scout, but no direction provided.  Deleted the save and started another new game using the same VSmall1-CP map and encountered same issue - get directed to Razor who has no job, just tells me to go see scout.  There is no immediately apparent trader or city in the distance, only thing near  Razor is separated/isolated POI's of varying types in the forest

Has anyone else encountered (or not)  this issue when playing the Vsmall1-CP map ?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, newbie said:

The initial go find the trader quest led me to Razor, and not a typical trader.

Same thing with DFNavezgane map.

Pro: you got a nice starting base with many workbenches and farm, since at DF the trader are 24h open and not protected.

Contra: no trader for quests or shoping, no vendormashine, no scout (to buy medical stuff), don't know where the next trader are.

I start 3 times that map and allways started at the same spot (but that was 4.01 or 4.02).

When you want the extra challenge you should keep playing, your first goal should be to gather resources for a bicycle.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

2 hours ago, newbie said:

Has anyone else encountered (or not)  this issue when playing the Vsmall1-CP map ?

Thanks 

i started this map yesterday and was directed to a Trader Jen outside an Asian Town. if you are comfortable editing the xml's ; note your starting coords and  comment out that location in the spawnpoints xml in that world folder

14 hours ago, newbie said:

Not sure if this is just bad RNG or issue with VSmall1-CP map?   Did a complete uninstall - yes, I watched the video - and then installed V403a. I started up a game using the Vsmall1-CP map. The initial go find the trader quest led me to Razor, and not a typical trader. When I speak to him he has no job , just tells me go see the scout, but no direction provided.  Deleted the save and started another new game using the same VSmall1-CP map and encountered same issue - get directed to Razor who has no job, just tells me to go see scout.  There is no immediately apparent trader or city in the distance, only thing near  Razor is separated/isolated POI's of varying types in the forest

Thanks 

Idem.... but my trader is Anna.... Only in VSmall1-CP. I try a new game in Small1-CP.

In another game, I also started with Razor in the same place and with the same problem as you.

I love so many of your mods! Unfortunately, my potato computer always crashes trying to load up Darkness Falls.

I really love the progression/perk system you use in Darkness Falls. Is it feasible to pull that out as a separate modlet? I do my own amateurish modlet making, but before I went trying to do surgery on this massive mod I wanted to ask if it would even be possible, haha.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:44 AM, newbie said:

Thanks 

I'll give the maps another pass at some point.

9 hours ago, Bo Blackstar said:

I love so many of your mods! Unfortunately, my potato computer always crashes trying to load up Darkness Falls.

I really love the progression/perk system you use in Darkness Falls. Is it feasible to pull that out as a separate modlet? I do my own amateurish modlet making, but before I went trying to do surgery on this massive mod I wanted to ask if it would even be possible, haha.

Sort of, but i'm not going to be doing it. It's just the action skills other folks re-wrote in A17 (I believe Jax updated it for A20), but then heavily modified for DF.

55 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Sort of, but i'm not going to be doing it. It's just the action skills other folks re-wrote in A17 (I believe Jax updated it for A20), but then heavily modified for DF.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the response! Time to roll up my sleeves.

On 2/22/2018 at 8:27 PM, KhaineGB said:

For those who don't know, I stream on twitch.

Do you STILL stream on TWITCH? I didn't see anyone by the name KhaineGB. This is a really old post sooo...  I'm just *now* looking into Darkness Falls and reading the comments and responses. Friends are trying to get me to add it to my server.

On 2/4/2018 at 5:59 AM, KhaineGB said:
pju4sWC.png

They mostly come out at night...

(V4.03A)

This is a mod I originally created to fix a few "issues" myself, my wife and some friends felt the game had. Turns out I really enjoy modding so I've expanded on it quite a bit. The intent is to drag out the early game, so it will take you longer than usual to get to Iron and Steel. I've also tried to inject a little realism by locking away quite a few recipes behind perks, since most normal folks wouldn't know how to do/make those things.

Also, I started playing in Alpha 8, so I wanted to try and bring back a few things from that era. Hub city, sharp rocks and sticks are pretty good examples, and I want to try and incorporate more features from that era of gameplay. I will also be trying to add in new zombies/enemies to make the "end game" more difficult.

Features.

• 8 Classes to choose from, with 6 quests each!
  • 96 slot backpack! 12 slot crafting queue!
  • Custom UI! Food/Water bars next to the hotbar.
  • Increased zombie spawn/respawn rate!
  • Night time is now dangerous. The ferals come out to play...
  • Zombie Behemoth (male and female) added!
  • Scrap Iron Tools added. Iron requires level 15.
  • Titanium added! Can be found as trophies, underground and above ground. Used to make tools, weapons and blocks.
  • Forge Ahead & Leather Tanning books are back! (can also be purchased as perks)
  • Wrench is now a perk and a schematic, but crafted and repaired with Iron.
  • All common books added as perks, so you have the choice of finding the book or spending points.
  • Action skills are back!
  • Skill books added for all 100 level skills.
  • Generic skill point book added so you have ways to get skill points.
  • Skill notes! Find a recipe you already have? Scrap it into a skill note and craft that into something more useful.
  • Extra crops! Grow apple, orange banana and coconut trees, plus wheat, carrots and tomatos!
  • More food! Way too much to list, but bread is now an option. So are sunday roast dinners. YUM!
  • Animal Coops and Snares from Valmod added.
  • Clay bowls are back, and used for more than just pretty plants!
  • Craftable Small Engines and Lead Batteries!
  • Several new guns! Like the P225 Pistol, AR-15 Automatic Rifle, Winchester Rifle and Combat Shotgun.
  • Gun crafting! Gun parts are back and require the rare, find-only Lathe to be crafted.
  • Arrows can now use cloth fragments instead of feathers. Sticks and Sharp Stones have also made a return!
  • Tree sap is now a thing! Try left-clicking on non-dead trees with jars or bowls...
  • Sterile Bandage! New healing item to fill the void between normal Bandages and First Aid Bandages.
  • Working sinks and ovens! Both types craftable, so pick whichever matches your kitchen.
  • 5 new workstations. The Advanced Forge (required to smelt steel, but no fuel needed!), the Mortar and Pestle and two workbenches! There is also the rare, loot-only, Lathe!
  • Stone hammer added. Counts as a construction tool. Used only for repairing and upgrading.
  • Lockpicks added! Now you can lockpick all safes and most doors.
  • Steel crossbow added that takes steel, exploding and titanium bolts. Both crossbows can be scoped.
  • Combat axe added. There's also a titanium version.
  • Trader's are no longer protected! Take care of your local business!
  • Guards added to the trader, with a Guard Captain NPC! Talk to them to buy quest starters, which can earn you skill notes! (Single player only due to server bugs)
  • Larger player-crafted storage (kitchen cabinets, lockable!).
  • Time REMOVED from under the compass and on the map. Added to the trader window (under restock time).
  • Junction box added for invisible wires. Unlocked via electricity perk.
  • Bomber zombies added! These @%$*#!s are designed to tear your base to bits. You have been warned!
  • 7 Day hordes re-done (less game stages so difficulty should ramp up faster and ferals appear sooner).
  • Writing Desk, Ink and Quill available! Used together, these halve the cost of creating skill books and class papers.
  • Grass spawns reduced for better performance/easier to see things.
  • Traders now have more basic materials for building.
  • Localization HEAVILY edited to show where items are crafted, including if they can be made in multiple workstations (one will have a reduced resource cost) and what tools may be needed.
  • Compo pack added!
  • Hornet from A15 and earlier is back, with it's original sounds and model! Keep an eye out for them in forest biomes.
  • Trader Caitlin has arrived! She has her own POI, her own voice, lives in the wasteland and carries the most powerful items.

There's like 384 pages on here of comments and responses...
So not sure how to look for specific answers to my questions - which are:

** Does Darkness Falls work with other (server side) mods for regular 7 Days? Like the White River quests mod, the Sous Chef additional cooking mod, etc or are there conflicts with them?

** So I think I've seen that you have to disable the EAC in order to use this mod? Is that still a thing 4 years later? I don't know how to do that but I can look it up easily enough I suppose.

I think that's it...
Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Sugarfree said:

Do you STILL stream on TWITCH? I didn't see anyone by the name KhaineGB. This is a really old post sooo...  I'm just *now* looking into Darkness Falls and reading the comments and responses. Friends are trying to get me to add it to my server.

No, mostly due to lack of time.

I do post bad youtube videos though.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3yu4ucbt_3_KJAki5jncBg

I'll give the maps another pass at some point.

Khaine, you are busier than a 1 legged tap dancer .  I did start another new game using VSmall1-CP map and this time, like respondent lug,  I wound up being directed to trader Jen outside Asian town. So push this down your to do list.  Thanks.