Jump to content

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...


KhaineGB

Recommended Posts

  I did search but did not find this. Sorry if its an old topic.

 

 When we play Darkness Falls we end up doing tier one or two quests because they are the quickest and easiest to do. Since all quests give you one Rep. point per quest

why do the harder tier quests. Sometimes we will take a tier 5 as a group to do something as a party.

 

  The question is can quest rewards be set per tier? For example do a tier one or two receive 1 rep point. Do a tier 3 or 4 get 2 rep points and on a tier 5 get 3? I 

suspect this is a vanilla thing so might be better asking The Fun Pimps. It is not game breaking but would be nice.

 

 Thank you for all the hard work. We love watching Khaine play Darkness Falls on YouTube and still get surprised by things in game!!!

 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crimsonmortis said:

why do the harder tier quests. Sometimes we will take a tier 5 as a group to do something as a party.

Lower level tier quest for faction gain.

Higher level tier quests for money. Special when you can select 2 rewards, you can get 1000-2000 extra duke's from the quest reward items. When you buy crafting perks or mastery skills you can need the extra cash.

Lvl 5 buried supplies can be done pretty fast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just restarted darkness falls version 4.03 and i have taken the survivalist as my first profession and found that there is no way to complete quest 4 to make leather armour is this intentional or a bug?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ZombieQueenErin said:

If allocs is not compatible and envul no longer functions. how do you recommend we create a livemap service for our players?

 

Allocs works fine. Alternatively, players could try not being lazy and not rely on webmaps.

 

4 hours ago, Crimsonmortis said:

  I did search but did not find this. Sorry if its an old topic.

 

 When we play Darkness Falls we end up doing tier one or two quests because they are the quickest and easiest to do. Since all quests give you one Rep. point per quest

why do the harder tier quests. Sometimes we will take a tier 5 as a group to do something as a party.

 

  The question is can quest rewards be set per tier? For example do a tier one or two receive 1 rep point. Do a tier 3 or 4 get 2 rep points and on a tier 5 get 3? I 

suspect this is a vanilla thing so might be better asking The Fun Pimps. It is not game breaking but would be nice.

 

 Thank you for all the hard work. We love watching Khaine play Darkness Falls on YouTube and still get surprised by things in game!!!

 

  

 

Would need XML changes.

 

45 minutes ago, Whiteshark68 said:

Just restarted darkness falls version 4.03 and i have taken the survivalist as my first profession and found that there is no way to complete quest 4 to make leather armour is this intentional or a bug?

 

There's 2 recipes. Stop looking at the tailor station one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

 

I tried out a bit of Darkness Falls, gotta say, I am a fan! Thank you for some amazing work!
Now, we are looking to start a server for our group, because we cant rely on hosting on local machines.

Can anyone recommend a tutorial on how to do that and a hosting service which would support installing Darkness Falls?
I had a look on one service but I could not see any mention of Darkness Falls despite them saying that they support mods. Never did this before (cant you tell? :D) Thank you for any help or pointers.

 

Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question  Is there away in the XML files to increase or decrease the number of traders on the map when its generated, and if so were would they be located please...Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2022 at 4:03 AM, KhaineGB said:

I have not. Got any links? Cos if that's the case, I definitely will NOT include them in DF.

Sorry for the very delayed response........... life stuff. 
Glad to hear you won't include them. 

On 5/5/2022 at 6:29 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

 

He doesn´t refuse to remove it. He simply doesn´t want to release a new version just to remove one POI. It will be removed once he updates the compopack.

 

And it seems that the mods/admins removed the whole convo from the thread. It´s about this POI though @KhaineGB

 

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/21900-magolis-compo-pack-by-the-compopack/?do=findComment&comment=484264

I did say so far.. and at the time i posted that, they were still in there.. so my statement was correct. 

On 5/5/2022 at 6:44 AM, KhaineGB said:

Stallion got in touch with me, told me which one it was and said it's gonna be removed in the next CP, so toss it for DF.

So I will be.

"one"? I think he had about 30 in there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arcanist_01 said:

Hi there,

 

I tried out a bit of Darkness Falls, gotta say, I am a fan! Thank you for some amazing work!
Now, we are looking to start a server for our group, because we cant rely on hosting on local machines.

Can anyone recommend a tutorial on how to do that and a hosting service which would support installing Darkness Falls?
I had a look on one service but I could not see any mention of Darkness Falls despite them saying that they support mods. Never did this before (cant you tell? :D) Thank you for any help or pointers.

 

Cheers!

As Khaine mentioned, Logic Servers is an option. I had a Darkness Falls server with them back in A18. Was easy to set up and only had to stop and restart (not reset) the server a few times. We maxed out at about 8-10 players on at any given time, we were pretty spread out.. and the server ran smoothly. If choosing them, i would recommend paying a couple bucks extra and getting a RAM upgrade. We did find out of the gate with the base RAM amount that it was a bit laggy the first couple of days before we payed for the upgrade. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tim2500 said:

Quick question  Is there away in the XML files to increase or decrease the number of traders on the map when its generated, and if so were would they be located please...Thanks.


Not that I know of

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

 

Allocs works fine. Alternatively, players could try not being lazy and not rely on webmaps.

 

 

 

we the admins want it to keep tabs on players. I thought the instructions said it was not compatible.. if it is, I'll definitely install it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cherry Poppinz said:

Is anyone else running into the issue of not seeing the White River Supply for the trader Eve "The Reward" quest?

Usually there's an icon for the White River supply's location, but there's none for me

That is a uncommon bug for all quests (that the "!" don't appear)

Just delete the quest and get it again from eve.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Canute said:

That is a uncommon bug for all quests (that the "!" don't appear)

Just delete the quest and get it again from eve.

 

 

He is talking about the sign that shows where the courier satchel is located.

 

@Cherry Poppinz The bunker isn´t that big, You should be able to find the satchel without the icon, for me it usually was just standing around somewhere. Otherwise just cancelling the quest and doing it again should help i guess.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alright folks, here it is. Darkness Falls V4.03A with compo pack included is now ready for everyone!

 

This update includes some required tweaks so the mod will now be compatible with XBox Game Pass versions of the game. Also, this version of the mod has been tested on both 20.4 and 20.5 experimental, so you can use whichever version of the game you wish.

 

Regarding save compatibility, I have tested it on my youtube save, and there was no issue going from 20.4 and V4.03, to 20.5 and V4.03A. A new save is still recommended, as per TFP guidelines, but you CAN get away with not doing it.

 

Darkness Falls V4.03A

 

- Added Krunch's 8k map and required POI's.
- CompoPack and required rwgmixer edits added.
- Khaine's version of the A19 Crack-A-Book tower added.
- Edited the small Crack-A-Book POI to swap to new bookshelves.
- Added new pre-generated maps that included the CompoPack. (they have CP at the end instead of NoCP)
- Scoutsmod updated to run from any folder, and compiled into the main DF DLL file.
- Scoutsmod now configurable via blocks.xml (info is at the bottom of the file).
- Darkness Falls XML updated to allow it to run from any folder (including the new mod folder).

 

Download Link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA20 (click the 3 dots, select download as zip)
Alt Download Link: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a20/-/tree/main (click the icon next to clone and then zip)
Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=12

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome, thanks Khaine!!

 

A couple quick qs:

  • do special underground farming seeds actually bring some advantages to the regular ones, e.g do they grow faster or something?
  • is there something that will only grow in the underground?
  • is there a cooking recipe which provides the generally accepted 'best food'?

 

thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Scrome said:

do special underground farming seeds actually bring some advantages to the regular ones, e.g do they grow faster or something?

They grow without sunlight, just the grow light is needed.

When you like to create a farm at bedrock depht.

If you just got your farm on the surface, the regular seed are fine, together with the irrigation system.

17 minutes ago, Scrome said:

is there something that will only grow in the underground?

No, even the mushroom's grow under sunlight.

 

18 minutes ago, Scrome said:

is there a cooking recipe which provides the generally accepted 'best food'?

Ofcouse, why do you think they are locked behind the last soue chef perk (or does it was even the master farmer, don't remember). They give 5 wellness and maybe some buffs.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

 

He is talking about the sign that shows where the courier satchel is located.

 

@Cherry Poppinz The bunker isn´t that big, You should be able to find the satchel without the icon, for me it usually was just standing around somewhere. Otherwise just cancelling the quest and doing it again should help i guess.

So here's the thing... I may have destroyed the courier satchel with my shotgun. Every time I try to restart the quest with Eve the POI does not want to reset. I'm running out of ideas.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the latest version with compo pack included. I'm pretty new to DF, only found out about it a few months ago due to a streamer on YouTube. For players with hundreds of hours in the vanilla game (or even more) DF brings some fresh air back into the game. Now, with new POIs thanks to compo pack, it is even better. Just played my first hours with the latest version. First time compo pack for me and I absolutely love it.

 

Thanks a lot Khaine!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cherry Poppinz said:

I may have destroyed the courier satchel with my shotgun

Normaly the quest would fail if the satchel get destroyed.

When the POI don't want to reset, you should restart the server or when you play SP goto the mainscreen.

I notice too that the zombie spawner don't work once you destroyed them until a world newstart.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Canute said:

Normaly the quest would fail if the satchel get destroyed.

When the POI don't want to reset, you should restart the server or when you play SP goto the mainscreen.

I notice too that the zombie spawner don't work once you destroyed them until a world newstart.

 

 

Well @%$#, that sucks haha. That's gonna screw everyone on my server then. Thanks for the info!!!

Note to self and everyone else. Don't destroy the spawner body bags

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...