Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

well find a crowbar in working stiff will be fine but there its not any working stiff in most of the cities i really think the dinner tower low the spawn of that buildings in seeds

there was an update to lower the spawn rate of the diner towers, it did help cuz that building is annoying as hell and was in every single city and town in previous iterations.

HI,i need help with high as f mission..how to get heisenberg effect? what should i eat or drink to become in this effect? i tried to be drunk more then i lost 3 wellness points :(

you need to eat "blue ice" item

well find a crowbar in working stiff will be fine but there its not any working stiff in most of the cities

I found 2 working stiffs stores (big 1-story type) in one town right next to each other.

There are working stiff crates in lots of other POIs:

- Water Treatment Facility

- Paint ball park

- Red Mesa (has lots of other good stuff and lots of zombies)

- Some garages

- New POIs usually have one or more

If you don't have anything of interest in the city you are in, move. Or setup temporary base in another city to make looting faster.

I'm having a problem using the launcher. I've played WOTW's just fine, using a manual install. Now I want to try Ravenhearst and decided it would be a good time to try the launcher. I let it download a fresh copy of each via my steam account and both games show up in the list and both say "installed", but neither one will play. When I start either game, it just plays vanilla. What am I missing?

there was an update to lower the spawn rate of the diner towers, it did help cuz that building is annoying as hell and was in every single city and town in previous iterations.

I download manually and with the launcher the last version and try 3 diferents plays in bot systems and i am very sure the dinner tower is not patched, 90% to 97% of cities has a dinner tower and for make sure i active the debug mod and teleport to diferents points and the tower is in almost all cities.

I'm having a problem using the launcher. I've played WOTW's just fine, using a manual install. Now I want to try Ravenhearst and decided it would be a good time to try the launcher. I let it download a fresh copy of each via my steam account and both games show up in the list and both say "installed", but neither one will play. When I start either game, it just plays vanilla. What am I missing?

hey, try following the instructions in this photo and see if you're missing a step

https://i.imgur.com/XBjSyEO.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24377[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24378[/ATTACH]Good day JaxTeller718

Well .. I just had an interesting experience ... I got argument near by pop up .. game stopped .. hit ESC .. it restarted .. I decided to go the other direction and there was a piece of a Hospital on the side of me with a white line running thru it ... Crossed the line and FELL thru the WORLD .. Game froze .. I exited and went back in ..... Now I have a full hospital and white line is gone ... Thank goodness I did not lose anything ..... but wanted to let you know.

Thanks for a great mod ... yes .. I would not be this happy if all was lost

the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Added saved picture before and after ... (4-22-18)

Just a Thought ... this is on 3.1.3 .... did full wipe and uninstall - reinstall of Mod on 3.1 release.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

@Shinda

Yeah, that's what I did, but no joy. One thing I didn't mention was that I get this line about 6 times:

Peforming Full Cloning of https://github.com/JaxTeller718/Ravenhearst_3_1_7DayEdition

Error Downloading... Clearning corrupted data.

Then is changes to:

Maximum number of attempts reached, attempting Direct Download

Downloading https://github.com/JaxTeller718/Ravenhearst_3_1_7DayEdition/archive/master.zip

Re-attempting...

Downloading https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DPatches/raw/master/Alpha16.4/ZombieTextures/ZombieTextureOverhaul.zip

Total Download Time: 00:00:10.09

...And then it gives:

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml

Game Started

...But all I get is vanilla.

Edited by sandpaper600
to include respondants name (see edit history)

@Shinda

Yeah, that's what I did, but no joy. One thing I didn't mention was that I get this line about 6 times:

Peforming Full Cloning of https://github.com/JaxTeller718/Ravenhearst_3_1_7DayEdition

Error Downloading... Clearning corrupted data.

Then is changes to:

Maximum number of attempts reached, attempting Direct Download

Downloading https://github.com/JaxTeller718/Ravenhearst_3_1_7DayEdition/archive/master.zip

Re-attempting...

Downloading https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DPatches/raw/master/Alpha16.4/ZombieTextures/ZombieTextureOverhaul.zip

Total Download Time: 00:00:10.09

...And then it gives:

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml

Game Started

...But all I get is vanilla.

look at the image and note the part about windows 7 users, on the launcher itself click where that link is shown

this is assuming you're running windows 7!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice mod! Could the following be added to possible trader inventory, as most of the other stations tools already are:

- Tenderizer

- Crucible

Thx.

crucible is player crafted once you learn steel smithing, not sure if he'd add the other.

Good day JaxTeller718

Well .. I just had an interesting experience ... I got argument near by pop up .. game stopped .. hit ESC .. it started .. I decided to go the other direction and there was a piece of a Hospital on the side of me with a white line running thru it ... Crossed the line and FELL thru the WORLD .. Game froze .. I exited and went back in ..... Now I have a full hospital and white line is gone ... Thank goodness I did not lose anything ..... but wanted to let you know.

:(

----

edit: sorry when i replied originally, those pictures didn't load for me, so i know it wasn't that big hospital now!)

---

was this the big giant hospital? if so that was removed for version 3.1 (needed a full wipe from 3.0)

if not that, sounds like a terrible world gen glitch but really not sure.

also happy you didn't lose anything, do you back up your save game files?

located somewhere like

C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie

you would create an empty folder somewhere else, then copy that 7DaysToDie folder into it.

that way if your world borks (modded, vanilla, whatever) you can pull it fresh from there.

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

@ Sinda, Yeah, I saw that blurb about Win7, but I'm using Win8 and I saw that the launcher was OK to use with that.

I D/L'd a copy of the file and installed it manually and was able to play NP, but I'd still like to get this issue resolved so I can switch back and forth with other mods when I want to.

EDIT: Just for the H of it, I D/L'd the "EasyFix" tool, thinking it might help, but upon trying to run it, I received the message that the tool was not for my OS and it did not run.

Edited by sandpaper600 (see edit history)

:(

was this the big giant hospital? if so that was removed for version 3.1 (needed a full wipe from 3.0)

if not that, sounds like a terrible world gen glitch but really not sure.

also happy you didn't lose anything, do you back up your save game files?

located somewhere like

C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie

you would create an empty folder somewhere else, then copy that 7DaysToDie folder into it.

that way if your world borks (modded, vanilla, whatever) you can pull it fresh from there.

Had this way back when in vanilla on a rented server. Ground disapppeared, same kinda things and as I recall it was due to my system getting hot and / or running out of resources. That system had less memory than my current one but I never could place the blame.

Now I keep copies of the mod game aside just in case but I’ve had zero issues with this version of Ravenhearst.

Quick question: Has anyone hosted a dedicated server with ravenhearst (2.2 or 3.0) on linux? If yes, what is the memory usage? Or are there any notheworthy problems with doing that?

I have rented a managed private server up to now, but I have lots of problems with them. I now want to do the managing myself and am thinking of renting a virtual machine with 8G RAM.

hi,,sry more questions to ask

1. do i need certain level to find the diamond axe recipe.

2. did the average joe crate worth it? only shotgun and average joe and i complete all classes

3 dirty and filthy mess i got both in the same time ..is this normal

4 i still can not find bolt rifle any advice ,, i go at night and i kill those insects and nightmares <awesome loot> but no bolt rifle :(

edit

is the industrial biome<westland> still have mines, i find nothing but may be someone did

Edited by mhwaso (see edit history)

1. do i need certain level to find the diamond axe recipe.

2. did the average joe crate worth it? only shotgun and average joe and i complete all classes

3 dirty and filthy mess i got both in the same time ..is this normal

4 i still can not find bolt rifle any advice ,, i go at night and i kill those insects and nightmares <awesome loot> but no bolt rifle :(

1) No, but it's very rare and in the same pool as other rare books

2) No, it's the starter crate for most experienced players that gives them nothing.

3) Looks like a bug. However they dirty stats gated by infection, so you can wait for dirty 2 turn into infection and dirty 1 will go away

4) I did find it on week 1. Seems that all special weapons are very rare.

Mines are still in wasteland biome but they are 10 times less common than vanilla.

@ Sinda, Yeah, I saw that blurb about Win7, but I'm using Win8 and I saw that the launcher was OK to use with that.

I D/L'd a copy of the file and installed it manually and was able to play NP, but I'd still like to get this issue resolved so I can switch back and forth with other mods when I want to.

EDIT: Just for the H of it, I D/L'd the "EasyFix" tool, thinking it might help, but upon trying to run it, I received the message that the tool was not for my OS and it did not run.

you might want to head directly into the sphere's launcher thread and inquire there

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

Weapon Crafting

Has anyone been able to craft gun parts from the description of certain weapons they are to be crafted in the advanced workbench with the chisel but I can not find anything showing them under the crafting menu. Also I have not be able to locate how to craft the mods for the weapons such as Scopes and extended magazines.

Nice mod! Could the following be added to possible trader inventory, as most of the other stations tools already are:

- Tenderizer

- Crucible

Thx.

Will do for the next patch, thank you for catching this oversight

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone been able to craft gun parts from the description of certain weapons they are to be crafted in the advanced workbench with the chisel but I can not find anything showing them under the crafting menu. Also I have not be able to locate how to craft the mods for the weapons such as Scopes and extended magazines.

weapon crafting is not a thing anymore. If a description says you can craft a gun part i will have to fix that. Silencers etc are loot only. You can still combine parts that you disassemble from found guns to make better guns.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24377[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24378[/ATTACH]Good day JaxTeller718

Well .. I just had an interesting experience ... I got argument near by pop up .. game stopped .. hit ESC .. it started .. I decided to go the other direction and there was a piece of a Hospital on the side of me with a white line running thru it ... Crossed the line and FELL thru the WORLD .. Game froze .. I exited and went back in ..... Now I have a full hospital and white line is gone ... Thank goodness I did not lose anything ..... but wanted to let you know.

Added saved picture before and after ... (4-22-18)

Just a Thought ... this is on 3.1.3 .... did full wipe and uninstall - reinstall of Mod on 3.1 release.

This appears to be the OTHER hospital. I will check into this for you. I can almost guarantee the issue is because it spawned in the wilderness, an issue we are going to be clearing up in 3.2 (which is at least a month away)

Bigger pois have issues spawning in wilderness and in my quest to provide a fuller world i have caused issues such as these.

Boomstick Shotgun

Thanks for the reply about the parts not be craftable I was looking at them in the creation and it was listed there as craftable. I have got to the point in the shotgun questline where you have to gather the boomstick shotgun, are the boomstick shotgun parts only lootable as well. Have to say this is my favorite mod for 7 days to die by far. Hours and days disappear when I get sucked into this game great job.

Hi.

Been having an issue, the last couple of days, with the Ravenhearst mod on a rented server causing the console to open and prevent players playing the game. They have to force quit and restart. I did a clean install but used the backed up world and the error persists. Pressing F1 doesn't close the console and they are unable to use the mouse to click on close. This doesn't seem to happen to everyone on the server, at least not yet. Anyone any ideas what could be causing it or maybe a way to stop the console popping up when the error occurs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16N4R4xJH9c2CCxB5OKVlRfXiqsLKfzyY/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Oldbolt (see edit history)

Good day JaxTeller718

The Hospital was in a city .. but on the EDGE of the city or large town .. at a turn in the road ... Had 2 old houses in front of me next block over a couple factory building ..

IF you want ... I could go back and take couple " Hover screenshot of the area .. if that would help you " .. Just let me know.

Thank you for the reply ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: .. But I will go empty handed this time.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

I'm trying to convert knowledge points into class papers, but class reward recipes say they require "class selection reward". How do I achieve that? My first class was bow, and I've finished all 11/11 of Daryl Would Be Proud quests. It's time to start on my 2nd class. Did this change from knowledge points and ink? Confused...

Which version of the game is this mod for? I am currently trying to start it through the mod launcher but I get stuck on the loading screen as the game starts up, thanks.

This mod is for 16.4. It does take a long time to start the game comparing to vanilla.