Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Some thing to change

Hello, I have to say, this mod is the best i play to far from others. But there are two problems: ink loot spawn, and Recipes books spawn, why? because y go to three cities near and with a lot of look two have Crack a Book building, well at the begining i was really happy but for make the things short from the three cities looting a lot i only have 24 ink's and the parts of the recipe for auger 1 and 4, looting all and not only the important buildings the houses also, but its incredible low the recipes spawn and not only that, a lot of bookshelf that i found are painted blocks.:upset:

Is there a way to have only the new prefabs, zombies, vehicles and sounds running in this modded game? I'd like to keep the old crafting system, items and quest system. keeping the old crafting system because of the major lag issues I and friends have while playing on a rented server(bluefangsolutions) with the new crafting and items system. Keeping the old quest system because the new one would clash with removing the crafting and item system, removing the choose a profession because that too would clash. I know I'm asking to butcher the hard work that the creators have done to make this mod but it would make it a more enjoyable game for my friends and I at present. I tried removing a lot of the old receipe items from the xml file(scrap metal blocks, lettering, poured blocks etc to try and make the lag easier) but the 7dtd launcher then wont get past the 'loading items' section.

Is there a way to have only the new prefabs, zombies, vehicles and sounds running

I'm not 100% certain, but most of the stuff in this mod is just compiled from other mods meshed together with a custom crafting system, so you can probably find the individual parts they used. At least the extra zombies and mapgen.

Before the Ravenhearst Defense Force arrives:

"There were a couplw of guys on the Official forum who posted mods with new zombies for A15. I don't know if they updated for A16. The posters are Guppycur, Stallions Den and StompyZ. StompyZ's mod is called Bad Company. I'd try it first.

I haven't checked Nexus lately. You might look there."

-Some dude on Steam

Edited by Axebeard (see edit history)

Mod not coming up - Using 7D2D ModLauncher - RH 31 7 Day Horde Ed

Hi all,

First time poster, long time 7Day player.

I am trying to get the Release 3.1 of Ravenhearst loaded via the 7D2D Mod Launcher but when it finishes I end up with the normal game. I have played a previous version and deleted that after learning of 3.1's release. When I am doing the pre sync I keep getting this:

Peforming Full Cloning of https://github.com/JaxTeller718/Ravenhearst_3_1_7DayEdition

Error Downloading... Clearning corrupted data.

Maximum number of attempts reached, attempting Direct Download

Any help appreciated :smile-new:

Mod not coming up - Using 7D2D ModLauncher - RH 31 7 Day Horde Ed

Hi all,

Trying to install Ravenhearst 3.1 7 Day Horde Edition from the 7D2D Mod Launcher which I used for a previous version a while back. I deleted the older version to be safe first, however now when I try launching the game, I get the vanilla 7D2D and no sign of RH. Only thing I noted is in the pre sync I keep seeing this coming up:

Peforming Full Cloning of https://github.com/JaxTeller718/Ravenhearst_3_1_7DayEdition

Downloading https://github.com/JaxTeller718/Ravenhearst_3_1_7DayEdition/archive/master.zip

Re-attempting...

Downloading https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DPatches/raw/master/Alpha16.4/ZombieTextures/ZombieTextureOverhaul.zip

Total Download Time: 00:00:07.89

Any help appreciated in advance.

Hi all,

Trying to install Ravenhearst 3.1 7 Day Horde Edition from the 7D2D Mod Launcher which I used for a previous version a while back. I deleted the older version to be safe first, however now when I try launching the game, I get the vanilla 7D2D and no sign of RH. Only thing I noted is in the pre sync I keep seeing this coming up:

Downloading https://github.com/JaxTeller718/Ravenhearst_3_1_7DayEdition/archive/master.zip

Re-attempting...

Downloading https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DPatches/raw/master/Alpha16.4/ZombieTextures/ZombieTextureOverhaul.zip

Total Download Time: 00:00:07.89

Any help appreciated in advance.

You should be posting this on the 7D2D Mod Launcher site .. SO Sphereii can look into it .......... I'm thinking you might have an old file-folder with old info in it. BUT .. I would check with Sphereii

ALSO .. make SURE .. EAC is Unchecked ... this will not run with EAC.

Installing

Yea I'm having the same issue as Galindor except when I boot up the game through launcher, it loads up vanilla and it says :

DirectoyNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path

xxx/UMATextures/TraderCaitlin_0_.png

I checked the directory where xxx is located and cannot find the UMATextures folder anywhere.

So I'm assuming I'm missing a folder. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.

Downloaded the mod through the launcher. EAC is also unchecked

Hello, I have to say, this mod is the best i play to far from others. But there are two problems: ink loot spawn, and Recipes books spawn, why?

I have lots of ink. It's a pretty common item. Make sure to check all trash, cardboard boxes.

Amount of schematics in loot depends on player level. The higher your level the more schematics you'll get. If you are level 1-39 chances of getting rare schematic is at best 10%.

Can you create new characters?

Hello everyone, my friends and I recently started playing the Ravenhearst mod and are enjoying it a lot so far. I was wondering if there is a way to create a different character. I chose the wrong class when making my character so I was curious if this was possible. Thanks in advance for any info you can give!

Barbed Club requirements

Barbed club require 16 forge iron and 10 wood.

I learned the recipe when leveling up advance blunt weapons to level 2

however i dont have the craft button. My guess is i need a workshop or something else however the tool tip doesn't say i do.

Does anyone know what else is required?

Few questions; started with this mod for a 10-player group and it's a lot of fun, although there's definitely a bit of struggle for food!

- What are Desktop PCs for? I found one, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with it.

- Why is Charred Meat THIS bad? I can understand a nerf from the vanilla version as it was too strong for how easily obtainable it was, but +2 Fullness and -3 Hydration makes them absolutely not worth crafting. I'm guessing you have to get to the better recipes, but without a Butcher's Knife we can't even make bacon. What are suggestions for early game meat/food?

- How does the farming work? None of us have really touched that before in the base game or this (If it was even a thing in the base game? We haven't played in forever). We know our Farmer should get the Mortar and Pestle skill at 5 to make seeds, but do we need something special to plant crops and the such?

- We're using Random Gen, can the huge cities like in Nevezgane spawn in the mod?

Thanks a lot, this is a fantastic mod so far!

Hello everyone, my friends and I recently started playing the Ravenhearst mod and are enjoying it a lot so far. I was wondering if there is a way to create a different character. I chose the wrong class when making my character so I was curious if this was possible. Thanks in advance for any info you can give!

I am not sure where it is exactly now but you should be able to get the admin to just delete your profile and you should start from scratch.

@Galindor , @Azoun , if you're running Windows 7 there is a very specific patch you'll need in order to download from Github now. (Edit: via the launcher)

See sphereii's post #1825 in this thread (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76822-Ravenhearst-Mod&p=800675&viewfull=1#post800675)

Just a "tryin' to help thought" for newer folks if you get really stuck; don't forget that you can either start a Creative game or use console cmds to allow access to the item menu to chk out various bits.

Can be quite helpful without actually 'cheating': confused about which Skill applies to weapon-X ? Just locate, click and read the box.

{point is a -lot- of things are very different than vanilla, and it's not all documented, so don't let getting "stuck" ruin your enjoyment}

And, just mho, but since Jax specifically adjusted food values to support progression/difficulty goals (and -not- 'to be realistic'), I didn't consider it very cheaty to use the menu to look up some of the food items stats.

@Azureae ,

1) PCs are sellable at Traders

2) Intentional for difficulty. Hint: what's the most important meal...?

3) Other than seeds farming is pretty similar to vanilla; till the ground (need a Hoe to till), plant seeds, wait, harvest, etc.

-- there's some other bits like different 'tools' may get a harvest bonus? not sure myself.

4) Oh yeah. Tin's terrain tweaks are designed to encourage large citys (at least that's my understanding), and provide large buildable areas.

Edited by FileMachete (see edit history)

@Azureae ,

3) Other than seeds farming is pretty similar to vanilla; till the ground (need a Hoe to till), plant seeds, wait, harvest, etc.

-- there's some other bits like different 'tools' may get a harvest bonus? not sure myself.

4) Oh yeah. Tin's terrain tweaks are designed to encourage large citys (at least that's my understanding), and provide large buildable areas.

Thanks for the answers! I already got Advanced Cooking to level 3, and I can craft Bacon & Eggs, but yeah, can't get the sliced meat to make the bacon without the knife, which requires a Advanced Forge and all. I've been managing with Fried Eggs, but I was wondering if there were better ones early!

Not anymore (as of 3.1.1).

I was wondering if there were better ones early?

Trailmix, very easy to make and gives you some wellness. Carrot juice is also good and cheap in wending machines ($36).

For better fullness always convert canned food into bowls. And even better - heat them up in microwave.

You might be able to find butcher's knife in kitchen cabinets or buy from trader.

re: food, also don't throw out the salt you loot. jerky made in the drying rack is a clear minor upgrade from charred meat. butcher's knife is definitely lootable.

the farmer will get a hoe as a quest reward, along with a small amount of follow up seed packs.

hoes and sickles anyone can use on crops (planted or wild) for a chance at seeds as well as the harvest.

always make sure you have a few bag slots when finishing a quest, otherwise items are lost.

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

Worked

@Galindor , @Azoun , if you're running Windows 7 there is a very specific patch you'll need in order to download from Github now. (Edit: via the launcher)

See sphereii's post #1825 in this thread (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76822-Ravenhearst-Mod&p=800675&viewfull=1#post800675)

Just a "tryin' to help thought" for newer folks if you get really stuck; don't forget that you can either start a Creative game or use console cmds to allow access to the item menu to chk out various bits.

Can be quite helpful without actually 'cheating': confused about which Skill applies to weapon-X ? Just locate, click and read the box.

{point is a -lot- of things are very different than vanilla, and it's not all documented, so don't let getting "stuck" ruin your enjoyment}

And, just mho, but since Jax specifically adjusted food values to support progression/difficulty goals (and -not- 'to be realistic'), I didn't consider it very cheaty to use the menu to look up some of the food items stats.

@Azureae ,

Thanks File! Worked like a charm. Everything looks good so far.

Installed this mod (from mod launcher) for the first time today but running into this error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24305[/ATTACH]

Post this on Mod Launcher site for Sphereii to review. Also Make sure your EAC .. is UNCHECK .. game will not run with EAC checked.

AND check your post from 2 days ago #2109 .. I told you the same thing.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)