Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

I'm trying to convert knowledge points into class papers, but class reward recipes say they require "class selection reward". How do I achieve that? My first class was bow, and I've finished all 11/11 of Daryl Would Be Proud quests. It's time to start on my 2nd class. Did this change from knowledge points and ink? Confused...

In the research table you need to craft the "<class> crate (locked)" for the class you want. Then craft survival key in your inventory.

Also you can work on multiple classes at the same time and not wait until you finish full quest line.

looks like I need some more knowledge... upped the requirement from 175 to 300.

I thought initially this would be a problem for SP, but I keep finding lots of schematics and skill books I don't need.

Just need to find few good crack-a-books. And have high quality Joe.

One hint thou, try to collect at least 4 skill books of the same kind before scrapping them. This way you will get the most number of KPs possible.

Also buy all schematics from traders. Money still not an issue.

IOne hint thou, try to collect at least 4 skill books of the same kind before scrapping them. This way you will get the most number of KPs possible.

yep, books break down into 3.75 knowledge points. But it rounds down. So scrapping 4 books => 15 skill points, not 12. yay!

I just wish all schematics and books stack. Some don't. :(

yep, books break down into 3.75 knowledge points. But it rounds down. So scrapping 4 books => 15 skill points, not 12. yay!

I just wish all schematics and books stack. Some don't. :(

Haven't tried it in this version but don't books stack to 5? iirc in last version a stack of 5 books gave you 18 KPs

Haven't tried it in this version but don't books stack to 5? iirc in last version a stack of 5 books gave you 18 KPs

yes, because 5*3.75 = 18.75, rounding down gives 18.

But that's the same as 4*3.75 = 15 and converting a single book at 1*3.75 = 3, and 15+3 = 18.

you've wasted 0.75 knowledge points as they get rounded away.

Always convert stacks of 4 books to get maxiumu knowledge points.

Yeah sure, pretty much the same as first scrapping 4 of them for 15 and the remaining one for 3. But the ratio on 4 for 15 is better than 5 for 18, so you're better off just scrapping 4 and collect more. If you're obsessed enough with optimizing, you'll probably do that.

edit: slicksister! Daughter of a screamer!!! Lol, beat me by 2 minutes

After first night - which was over at 4 am - night terror still was in front of my house, is that normal? What time they disappear, or I have to kill them?

If you stay close enough, you might keep them loaded and they might linger. If you sneak out and do some shopping in town, they'll likely be gone when you return.

Edited by Katlima (see edit history)

yes, because 5*3.75 = 18.75, rounding down gives 18.

But that's the same as 4*3.75 = 15 and converting a single book at 1*3.75 = 3, and 15+3 = 18.

you've wasted 0.75 knowledge points as they get rounded away.

Always convert stacks of 4 books to get maxiumu knowledge points.

Yeah sure, pretty much the same as first scrapping 4 of them for 15 and the remaining one for 3. But the ratio on 4 for 15 is better than 5 for 18, so you're better off just scrapping 4 and collect more. If you're obsessed enough with optimizing, you'll probably do that.

edit: slicksister! Daughter of a screamer!!! Lol, beat me by 2 minutes

Damn, it people, I started this zombie apocalypse because I didn't want to do maths. Now I have to start a whole new different one.

After first night - which was over at 4 am - night terror still was in front of my house, is that normal? What time they disappear, or I have to kill them?

Night Terrors normally stay til Dawn .. but I have had them until around 7am. ( In my game anyway )

the Old Gamer ... :02.47-tranquillity:

This is how many days it took for me before I had the courage to leave my house at night.. and even then not for long.

Genuinely this mod is fantastic. I've over 1000 hours in vanilla 7dtd and this feels like a whole new game again, even better than the release of a new alpha.

The progression is my utmost favourite thing, in Vanilla I feel like there is no point in striving to play for longer than Day 40 or so, because you're already one hitting zombies with a spiked club. I can honestly say that in vanilla I rarely ever use a gun, because what's the point? Always felt like I was conserving the ammo for when something big, scary, and difficult came along, but that never actually happens and guns, for me, go untouched.

I like the feeling of being under powered to the point where I'm changing my play style to adapt to it - after 1000 hours of doing largely the same this is a real game changer for me.

The amount of workstations available is brilliant. I'm a very practical person, so when I see people building huge bases I never understood why, when all it has to hold is a few forges, workbench, chemistry table, and a cement mixer - of which everything takes up around 10 blocks total, so the extra rooms and corridors are just a waste of time (although aesthetically pleasing).

More workstations means that building a bigger base is actually encouraged in order to be organised and structured; again, something that I have not had the joy of doing in the past.

Without going on and on, the final thing that I really love is the balance, variety, even complexity of the food/cooking system.

Never have I been so concerned about where my next meal is coming from, the first 15-20 days were TOUGH. Eating the starting MRE food pack some time in the 2nd week was a very reluctant, and difficult decision to make, and I love that. The actual "survival" aspect of the game feels like it came back for me at that point.

The copious amount of recipes is bewildering, but kinda exciting, knowing if I find another cracker and I can make "crackers n' cheese" now I've found a butchers knife to slice the cheese with! It sounds sad, but that's another meal that I know I'll likely need until I can start growing my own crops.

Also, who's ever idea it was to be able to prepare the scavenged food into something more fulfilling, and nutritious with certain tools and stations i.e. Pouring chicken soup out of a can in to a bowl, and warming in the microwave; is a genius.

Sorry for the long post, I don't post very often so I figured I'd give my two cents all in one go, just as acknowledgement, and appreciation to Jax, and everyone who has worked on Ravenhearst. Thank you.

Edited by Ajbass (see edit history)

Good day Ajbass

Well you could have the hours that I play .. overall between Vanilla and Modded .. I Have just passed 2800 hrs today and normally this is what I build as a base .. workbenches on 1st level / sleeping and kitchen on 2nd level .... Forges on roof area under Solar panel level which are main roof. ............ The floating base design is one of best designs, because the only thing to worry about are spiting cops

Currently 5 modded games on 7 maps ( 2 Ravenhearst - maps ) .. And .. I do use the 7d2d Mod Launcher with No Issues

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24382[/ATTACH]

Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Hi.

Been having an issue, the last couple of days, with the Ravenhearst mod on a rented server causing the console to open and prevent players playing the game. They have to force quit and restart. I did a clean install but used the backed up world and the error persists. Pressing F1 doesn't close the console and they are unable to use the mouse to click on close. This doesn't seem to happen to everyone on the server, at least not yet. Anyone any ideas what could be causing it or maybe a way to stop the console popping up when the error occurs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16N4R4xJH9c2CCxB5OKVlRfXiqsLKfzyY/view?usp=sharing

Any updates on this? Having 1 person on our server with this same problem and he is using the mod launcher to update the game.

Hi.

Been having an issue, the last couple of days, with the Ravenhearst mod on a rented server causing the console to open and prevent players playing the game. They have to force quit and restart. I did a clean install but used the backed up world and the error persists. Pressing F1 doesn't close the console and they are unable to use the mouse to click on close. This doesn't seem to happen to everyone on the server, at least not yet. Anyone any ideas what could be causing it or maybe a way to stop the console popping up when the error occurs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16N4R4xJH9c2CCxB5OKVlRfXiqsLKfzyY/view?usp=sharing

Any updates on this? Having 1 person on our server with this same problem and he is using the mod launcher to update the game.

When you say the console is open do you mean it opens and they get a stream of red errors? Or that the console just opens but no messages are coming up.

@Darkaeacus - If you think it has something to do with the mod launcher you may get better answer in the launcher thread.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die&highlight=launcher

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

When you say the console is open do you mean it opens and they get a stream of red errors? Or that the console just opens but no messages are coming up.

@Darkaeacus - If you think it has something to do with the mod launcher you may get better answer in the launcher thread.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die&highlight=launcher

Was just like the other guys screenshot with 1 red error and couldn't close it. He updated the game manually and all was well for 2 hours after that so we will see I guess.

Hi.

I think you should check with Sphereii about .......I don't think it is a Launcher issue .. but game issue. I could be wrong ....... But are you running Window 7 by some chance and if you are ... have you updated the files for the windows-7 error. Just a thought

I think you should check with Sphereii about .......I don't think it is a Launcher issue .. but game issue. I could be wrong ....... But are you running Window 7 by some chance and if you are ... have you updated the files for the windows-7 error. Just a thought

It has nothing to do with the modlauncher as a few players installed the game manually. A few are running windows 10 and still get the error and one is running 8.1 and get the error. It's something they are getting used to, once alpha17 comes out the problem will vanish till the mod is updated :D

I also have this problem. on completing these extra Quest where u have to collect certain items like the diamond ring and the baseball. but i can close the console on solo play. some of these collectors items work some dont.

It has nothing to do with the modlauncher as a few players installed the game manually. A few are running windows 10 and still get the error and one is running 8.1 and get the error. It's something they are getting used to, once alpha17 comes out the problem will vanish till the mod is updated :D

if you're able to get an output_log for us that would be helpful, there's more info that you get in a console screenshot (usually)

logs can be found player side wherever they keep their mod folder inside the 7daystodie_data folder.

likewise the server output_log is in a similar location on the server if someone has access to retrieve, i think in the 7daystodieserver_data folder (or similar)

you can paste the log into pastebin.com and reply with links here.

thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

...and normally this is what I build as a base .. workbenches on 1st level / sleeping and kitchen on 2nd level .... Forges on roof area under Solar panel level which are main roof. ............ The floating base design is one of best designs, because the only thing to worry about are spiting cops

Currently 5 modded games on 7 maps ( 2 Ravenhearst - maps ) .. And .. I do use the 7d2d Mod Launcher with No Issues

nice looking base ^^

Good day Ajbass

Well you could have the hours that I play .. overall between Vanilla and Modded .. I Have just passed 2800 hrs today and normally this is what I build as a base .. workbenches on 1st level / sleeping and kitchen on 2nd level .... Forges on roof area under Solar panel level which are main roof. ............ The floating base design is one of best designs, because the only thing to worry about are spiting cops

Hello the base is very beautiful, you can put more captures, it is to see how it keeps floating. Greetings.

Patch: 3.1.4

NO Wipe Needed

Required File Updates - items.xml, recipes.xml, blocks.xml, localization.xml, windows.xml, quests.xml, entityclasses.xml, localization - quest.xml, rwgmixer.xml, buffs.xml, sounds.xml, Icons Folder

-Added Wood Pillar 50 upgrades to recipes

-Fixed Advanced Forge Quest asking for 5 pipes when 6 are needed

-Fixed Description on Metal Siding

-Recipe of Shock Trap now yields 5

-Zombie Bear No Longer Attacks Zombies Out of Professional Courtesy

-All fridges now cool drinks

-Changed weight of WoodHard Mass to 10 from 36

-Changed weight of Wood Medium Mass to 5 from 36

-Train Cars no longer destroy into itself.

-Added canned food to shamway loot

-Fixed hops plant when harvested with hoe giving back potato seeds

-Scrap Iron Blocks that can be Crafted Increased to 30 each to make the wood upgrade path more cost efficient

-Scrap Iron Frames increased to 20 scrap iron

-Buckets can now be filled in wells

-Added Wood Pyramid Recipe

-Fully edited Progression,Quest and Localization files for German Translations

-Changed Rare Book to prob 0.2

-Dirt and Grass fall traps Hay Trap requirement removed and replaced by dirt fragments

-Increased chance of 5-7 drops

-Added Colt Python to Rare Guns Loot

-Increased Damage done by Colt Python

-Added Wood Counter 2 and 3

-Added Storage Shed to Advanced Workbench

-Fixed some descriptions

-Removed Snowberry Juice from Stoves

-Added Volume to LSAT

-Fishing Rod now Stacks to 1

-Bread Stove Recipe now requires 1 Dough

-Tree Growth times lowered from 420 to 360

-Increased Crowbar Chance Slightly

-Added Pan, Crucible and Tenderizer to Traders

-Adjusted some loot for junk food and seeds.

-Added Poured Concrete Stairs 50

-Added Redone RE Mansion

-All junk food now will reduce wellness by 0.01 (candy bars, soda, chips)

-Fixed Adhesive and Fire Traps

-Fixed improper loot list when breaking open a Secure Storage Chest

-Added Dancapos fixed Prison

-Fixed Spawning of Sinder and Dex houses (requires unexplored area)

-Painkillers now remove 0.1 wellness when taken and only remove 5 Hydration

-Adjusted Wellness and Hydration on serveral food items for better balance and to combat exploits

-Fixed Streamer Versions not having the corrected Zombie Hitbox Models

-Adjusted Boomstick and Reggie Special Damage

-Removed Class Only Stations from Traders

This hotfix does NOT require any restarts or wipes and will not break anything in your game. It is recommended to upgrade to this patch. We will no longer accept any bugs or questions on previous versions. The current version is the most stable version. Bluefang has the current version already so everything is set to go.