Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Please help if you can. My brother and I have clean install he can join a server with this mod but when I try to I get an error

EXCEPTION: Class 'BlockTakeAndReplace, Mods' not found on block boardedWindowsSheet_weak!

dont know if you know whats going on, if you got an idea please PM me I might miss it otherwise. Thanks

Hey Jax, i found a bug, when you eat or drink and the ammount you get goes over the limit you have (example over 170 on 120 base HP/STA) you get reset to the base, its supposed to be like this or it should stay at max for some time (the 170 on the previous example).

this is correct, saturation was disabled in an attempt to simulate a need to drink water beyond the first week :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I'm playing the 5.1 version of the mod and I have two questions:

1) regarding the mission of the lockpick (the one you need to get a lockpick and it says "pick a residential door"). What am I supposed to do? I've opened some doors with the lockpit but the mission remains undone. Any help?

2) Where can I find oil shale? I've been digging in the dessert and I just can't seem to find it (at least not in the way I found it in vanilla and/or other mods). I've heard that iron, for instance, can only be found in the wasteland (so there was a change in that sense). Is oil shale also changed? if so, as I said, where can I find it? If it's still in the dessert, do I have to dig in any special place? (just as a reminder, I'm playing the 5.1 version of the mod)

Thanks guys!

shale far as i can recall is still in the desert in all versions. for the lock pick it's the white-ish house front door that need picking open. can only choose one for the completion of the quest, and that's what we went with. believe it's "house front door 1" (or similar) if you needed to look at it to find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Please help if you can. My brother and I have clean install he can join a server with this mod but when I try to I get an error

EXCEPTION: Class 'BlockTakeAndReplace, Mods' not found on block boardedWindowsSheet_weak!

dont know if you know whats going on, if you got an idea please PM me I might miss it otherwise. Thanks

something in your install didn't go right, would try again.

- - - Updated - - -

This is by far the best mod I've tried. Once you've played Ravenhearst, vanilla seems too simplified. Ravenhearst has offered me a depth of play that I did not think possible. If Vanilla gave me enough hours of fun, with Ravenhearst I have for months. I play death is death, and with this mod I feel fear again.

I created the account a long time ago just to see the attached images, but this answer felt that I had to write it down.

Congratulations, and many thanks for that work. Be proud of it.

much <3

something in your install didn't go right, would try again.

i didnt download it, im trying to join a server that has it. Even my brother didnt download anything. I even did a full copy of his 7 days folder to replace mine and it still gives me the same error

You HAVE to download the mod to join a server running the mod.

Overhaul mods like RH aren't modlets. It MUST be installed locally.

I checked my brothers PC he didnt download the mod to join server and as stated I even copied his game and replaced mine with his. also something is not right this says EAC needs to be off but the server needs it on to join

Edited by JayzenFreeze (see edit history)

Outstanding mod! I’ve encountered a “user error” problem. I play co-op with my wife and she accidentally deleted her class quest. I’ve gone into console commands and typed every iteration of ...

Givequest darylwouldbeproud 3\11 I can think of. Any help from people who know those workings well enough would be appreciated. She was on the third step of the quests.

We have a BIG one for you today. Lot of fixes, some additions too. Looks like this should be it for a few days at least. Want to thank everyone for their help in finding these bugs. Everyones support has been amazing.

No wipes necessary.

-Stability Fix for rh5_WildHouseby_Robear_MRHGA

-Removed air column from rh5_CanucksCoffee(by_Genosis).blocks

-Added Fixed rh5_Bike_Shop(by_War3zuk) (fixed paint. fixed auto bench in door, removed forge. shuffled sleepers. updated mesh.)

-Added Fixed rh5_Bavarian_Bowse_Shop(by_magoli) (added sleeper volumes. added sleepers to basement. updated mesh.)

-Modified Description for Water Bucket

-Fixed Tomato and Wheat Seed Recipe Not Unlocking With Perk

-Fixed Steel Fireaxe Remaining at Quality 1 When Crafted

-Lowered Volume on All Custom Music and Sound Effects

-Fixed Localization for Water Cooler Quest

-Fixed Localization on Novels

-Added Over 15 UMA Zombies for Variety (Note that vehicles do NOT do any damage to them. We are looking for a fix but this is something limited in Pimps Code. This new addition will add several seconds to your load time. It is normal.)

-Fixed Scythe Always Crafting at Level 1 even with Const Tools Leveled

-Removed Duplicate Wheat Seed Recipe

-Removed Storage Items from Traders that are craftable

-Removed Water Purifier Mod (Clashes with Balance)

-Sugarcane Plants will now give back proper Sugar Stalks

-Fixed Incorrect Perk Unlocks for Hammer and Forge

-Fixed Journal Quest Fix Not Being Able to be Read if you Failed the Quest

-Enabled Previewing of Map Sizes 6k and 16k (Use 16k at your own risk it is NOT recommended)

-Fixed Improper Name in Leather Chest Armor Perk Preventing Learning Item

-Construction Tools Magazine Now Grants 2 Levels

-Removed Recipe Lock from Engine forcing it to be uncraftable

-Increased Chances of Pistons, Alternators and Sparkplug Drops

-Added a second glue recipe to the Survival Campfire. No Beaker, 10 femurs and 1 cooking pot will give you 5 glue

-Fixed 4x4, Fire Truck, Ambulance and Police Car Not unlocking properly in Progression from reading schematics.

Is it normal for it to take like 10 headshots to kill a zombie at the start of the game? thats a little obscene and this is at nomad difficulty. Not to mention stuff breaking when repairing really sucks especally early game.

Is it normal for it to take like 10 headshots to kill a zombie at the start of the game? thats a little obscene and this is at nomad difficulty. Not to mention stuff breaking when repairing really sucks especally early game.

Hi Scyris,

Yes, zombies here are quite tough (or you are quite weak at the beginning, either or). My suggestion is that you spend the first few skill points in damage output (I do melee, so I go with skull crasher. If you do archery, maybe the skill that allows you to have a higher chance of crit).

To avoid (in as much as possible) breakage when repairing, you have repair before it gets the red square and you have to level up as much as possible your construction skills.

This is a VERY tough mod, so you'll have a very rough time. Vanilla, Darkness Falls, etc got nothing on this mod in terms of difficulty (not to mention that this is a very loot-dependant mod, so you have to loot a lot to be able to survive and even more to be able to make any progress).

As mentioned in above answer this mod is as hard as they get. Loads of tweaks to get progression and crafting way more realistic. Wich makes it difficult. Z's are hard and they include some even harder ones mixed in at times ;) You need to keep track of several "upgrade" quests and a bunch of new crafing to get what you need. You need to lot a to get stuff needed and keep track of all quests and crafting stations. This mod doesnt't end at day 50... If your skilled maybe your one third in then. The mod is GREAT. What makes me hesitate to play is all the gametime spent on figuring out all the crafting.

However, I'm told it's better with more "tooltips" in these latest versions, so I'll actually will have a new go myself.

Shin

Hello! Many Thanks for this mod - its very interesting and i still have much to learn in game. Please advise me how can i change the amount of iron i receive then i scrap iron tools (pickaxes, shovels and others) - in vanilla game its about the same quantity then it cost but here its only 15 of scrap iron... And i'd like to find the repair properties like quality and amount of repairing tools, guns and other items. Sorry for my english Many Thanks for answers!

Patch 5.4.5

No Wipes Needed. The Streak REMAINS!

-Fixed Missing "Clear" Text in Water Cooler Quest

-Removed Zombie Kill Counter from UI

-Added More Empty Gas Cans to Cars

-Unlocked Golf Cart Parts That Have No Schematic to Learn Them

-Removed 3rd Screamer from Scout List

-Reduced Probabilities on 2nd Screamer to Spawn

-Readjusted Screamer Hordes so they increase in size much more slowly

-Iron Yield in Stone Increased

-Screwdriver Recipe Added. Unlocked at Hammer Forge 1

-Trowel Recipe Added. Unlocked at Hammer Forge 3

-Increased Chance of Weird Science Quest Drop and Added it to Lab Equipment Drops

-Added new supply crate for server owners to use as server rewards. Change the reward to "sc_General1" and you will be able to spawn a supply crate with no zombie spawns.

-Reduced chances of Full Car Chassis drops

-Added an OreHarvest Tag to all pickaxes to promote tiered ore harvesting based on type of pickaxe.

-Added Edited rh5_InsaneAsylum(by_NAGG) to include some slight block fixes

-Added more places Alternators can be found

-Rearranged and Rebalanced All car Harvesting. Removed Perfect Items and kept damaged items used in craft only. This will free up the harvest list for more varied drops.

-Increased Crowbar drop chances slightly

-Prisoners now drop Prisoner-y Type loot.

-Increased Water Values on all Teas so they are better than Water

-Fixed Cotton not being able to be fertilized

-Added cookbooks to cupboards

-Moved Night Terror Spawns at Night to Post GS100

-Auto Workbench Now Has a learnable tag

-Fixed improper tag and tool categories on vehicle harvests

**Patch 5.4.6 Hotfix** No Wipes

IMPORTANT UPDATE

3 file changes items/blocks/progression

An admin edit was left enabled in the game that causes axes to no longer shop wood. It is urgent everyone update their games and servers. Apologies for this mistake.

Hi everyone,

I've played version 5.4.4 (I think) and I've realized that when you kill with molotovs you only get experience from 1 zombie (even if you kill 7-8). Is that a bug or is it intentional? If it is intentional, what about if I use my flamethrower (I still haven't got one)? If I flamethrow two zombies and kill them through fire damage, will I only get exp from one or from both?

Hi Scyris,

Yes, zombies here are quite tough (or you are quite weak at the beginning, either or). My suggestion is that you spend the first few skill points in damage output (I do melee, so I go with skull crasher. If you do archery, maybe the skill that allows you to have a higher chance of crit).

To avoid (in as much as possible) breakage when repairing, you have repair before it gets the red square and you have to level up as much as possible your construction skills.

This is a VERY tough mod, so you'll have a very rough time. Vanilla, Darkness Falls, etc got nothing on this mod in terms of difficulty (not to mention that this is a very loot-dependant mod, so you have to loot a lot to be able to survive and even more to be able to make any progress).

Yeah the only thing I dislike about the mod so far is the way to tanky zombies, but thats because I usually go for block damage and such first, I'll just have to go for damage first so I can explore poi's, Still feel the zombies are too tanky though, actually not just the zombies everything kinda is. It'll just take some getting used to I guess. I'm not going to play dead is dead with this mod thats for sure though. Like Darkness Falls it is much more difficult compared to vanilla.

As for the breakage, it seems to happen if the tools quality is below 10, like my noobie stone axe breaks if I repair it if its below 10 quality. I might go bow's first as my first class and then spec into blunts later, since you can retrieve arrows it might be better to go ranged early game in Ravenhearst.

Any general tips for someone new to the mod? Not new to 7dtd itself, well over 2000 hours played, but the mod is basically a entirely new game just about.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

Yeah the only thing I dislike about the mod so far is the way to tanky zombies, but thats because I usually go for block damage and such first, I'll just have to go for damage first so I can explore poi's, Still feel the zombies are too tanky though, actually not just the zombies everything kinda is. It'll just take some getting used to I guess. I'm not going to play dead is dead with this mod thats for sure though. Like Darkness Falls it is much more difficult compared to vanilla.

As for the breakage, it seems to happen if the tools quality is below 10, like my noobie stone axe breaks if I repair it if its below 10 quality. I might go bow's first as my first class and then spec into blunts later, since you can retrieve arrows it might be better to go ranged early game in Ravenhearst.

Any general tips for someone new to the mod? Not new to 7dtd itself, well over 2000 hours played, but the mod is basically a entirely new game just about.

Hey Scyris,

I would not suggest to begin with archery. Bear in mind that arrows tend to explode, that feathers are not always that easy to come by and that I've been people playing with bow and having to use 8 arrows to down a zombie. Then, with the natural progression, you'll need metal arrows for the compound bow (or whatever its name is in English, as this is not my native tongue) and that's gonna be expensive. Plus, you'll miss blut weapons such as baseball bat, which is pretty killer, specially thanks to its unique mods (the pickaxe mod, for instance).

General tips

1. Try to find a source of infinite water. This is the most important, basic aspect of this mod (a well, a lake, whatever). It is paramount to focus on this first.

2. Keep doing all the missions. It's very important to get them done so you can get more exp. Also, accept any and all missions from merchants, that's the only way to get good money (you CANNOT sell anything anymore)

3. Loot, loot, and loot again. Vital for everything.

4. Gas and molotovs no longer work the "normal way". You cannot get gas from cars anymore (you get empty gas tanks). You can only get gas from gas stations and barrels of gas (and you need a recipe to know how to craft barrels into gas). Also, molotovs will only give exp from first zombie you kill, it seems. Until we get an answer from modders, maybe you wanna go with the flamethower (it's easy to make)

5. Watch your back AT ALL TIMES. Zombies can 1 shot you if they attack you from behind.

6. Try to go for the grill (you'll need...a grill? I'm not sure about the name in english, it's the thing where you usually do your meat). It's a recipe (level 2 masterchef or something like that) but grilled meat it's cheaper to make and sustains you for longer (for instance, beef jerky costs 12 meat to have 20 satiate points, grilled beef costs 5 meat to get 10 satiate points. So you can get same satiate points for 2 less meat. Considering how difficult it is -sometimes- to find animals, that's a huge improvement). I'd also recommend going for the well ASAP (that gives you infinite water) but you need bucket and I'm not sure if you can make it now without recipe. Does anybody know?

Hey Scyris,

I would not suggest to begin with archery. Bear in mind that arrows tend to explode, that feathers are not always that easy to come by and that I've been people playing with bow and having to use 8 arrows to down a zombie. Then, with the natural progression, you'll need metal arrows for the compound bow (or whatever its name is in English, as this is not my native tongue) and that's gonna be expensive. Plus, you'll miss blut weapons such as baseball bat, which is pretty killer, specially thanks to its unique mods (the pickaxe mod, for instance).

General tips

1. Try to find a source of infinite water. This is the most important, basic aspect of this mod (a well, a lake, whatever). It is paramount to focus on this first.

2. Keep doing all the missions. It's very important to get them done so you can get more exp. Also, accept any and all missions from merchants, that's the only way to get good money (you CANNOT sell anything anymore)

3. Loot, loot, and loot again. Vital for everything.

4. Gas and molotovs no longer work the "normal way". You cannot get gas from cars anymore (you get empty gas tanks). You can only get gas from gas stations and barrels of gas (and you need a recipe to know how to craft barrels into gas). Also, molotovs will only give exp from first zombie you kill, it seems. Until we get an answer from modders, maybe you wanna go with the flamethower (it's easy to make)

5. Watch your back AT ALL TIMES. Zombies can 1 shot you if they attack you from behind.

6. Try to go for the grill (you'll need...a grill? I'm not sure about the name in english, it's the thing where you usually do your meat). It's a recipe (level 2 masterchef or something like that) but grilled meat it's cheaper to make and sustains you for longer (for instance, beef jerky costs 12 meat to have 20 satiate points, grilled beef costs 5 meat to get 10 satiate points. So you can get same satiate points for 2 less meat. Considering how difficult it is -sometimes- to find animals, that's a huge improvement). I'd also recommend going for the well ASAP (that gives you infinite water) but you need bucket and I'm not sure if you can make it now without recipe. Does anybody know?

I noticed #5 when a zombie suddendly hit me for half my health from behind. Also yeah, from what little I played getting a good water source is important, including the purifier. Also why is the pistol so weak? I found one and it had 19 damage, thats lower than a wooden bow. Which is kinda silly.

**Patch 5.4.7 ** No Wipes

Important Critical Update

The same file changes that impacted wood have also impacted dirt and power tools. You will NEED to update your files as these admin changes have been reverted. Once updated you will be able to dig and mine once again. I apologize for this inconvenience. It has been an extremely long week of almost around the clock fixes and patches. I want to thank everyone for their help in getting us stable.

Please help me find the scrap properties of items (iron shovells pickaxes etc) and quality of repairing - it seems like everything that you repair or scrap in ravenhearst going very bad and poor. Im trying to change this in my game .