Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Help with skills ect.

hi, i'm new here, i want to up the leveling process in this mod a bit,

not much, i just think it is to slow as it is.

i don't want to make changes that might ruin this mod.

so can someone plz. help me?.

i want the skill points to be a fair bit faster, and player level a bit faster,

don't know what else is important, but at this phase i'll never get anywhere,

i know this can be changed, and i've done it in other game before, years ago.

but i'm quite rusty, so i thought asking for help was the best option.

sorry for my bad English.

Hello the base is very beautiful, you can put more captures, it is to see how it keeps floating. Greetings.

IF YOU Want to See how to build one and the steps involved .. Check out my G+ pages :https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GaryCico

Look for date material of 2/05/18 .. there are about 18-19 photos showing step by step and should give you basic knowledge to build you own. .... Now this is about as small as you want to build 15 x15 ground block wise because of support issue .. if you click on photos .. they should enlarge for better viewing.

Make sure you follow the basic 2 part foundation building with angle supports before going up.

Thank you for the interest and Leave me a note on G+ or here .. that you stopped by.

Hope you Enjoy ... the Old Gamer ..:02.47-tranquillity:

Larger bases 19 X 19 or bigger you will want to use a 9 block system for support

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

IF YOU Want to See how to build one and the steps involved .. Check out my G+ pages :https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GaryCico

Look for date material of 2/05/18 .. there are about 18-19 photos showing step by step and should give you basic knowledge to build you own. .... Now this is about as small as you want to build 15 x15 ground block wise because of support issue .. if you click on photos .. they should enlarge for better viewing.

Make sure you follow the basic 2 part foundation building with angle supports before going up.

Thank you for the interest and Leave me a note that you stopped by.

Hope you Enjoy ... the Old Gamer ..:02.47-tranquillity:

Fantastic work, you have given me good ideas, greetings

- - - Updated - - -

Patch: 3.1.4

NO Wipe Needed

Required File Updates - items.xml, recipes.xml, blocks.xml, localization.xml, windows.xml, quests.xml, entityclasses.xml, localization - quest.xml, rwgmixer.xml, buffs.xml, sounds.xml, Icons Folder

-Added Wood Pillar 50 upgrades to recipes

-Fixed Advanced Forge Quest asking for 5 pipes when 6 are needed

-Fixed Description on Metal Siding

-Recipe of Shock Trap now yields 5

-Zombie Bear No Longer Attacks Zombies Out of Professional Courtesy

-All fridges now cool drinks

-Changed weight of WoodHard Mass to 10 from 36

-Changed weight of Wood Medium Mass to 5 from 36

-Train Cars no longer destroy into itself.

-Added canned food to shamway loot

-Fixed hops plant when harvested with hoe giving back potato seeds

-Scrap Iron Blocks that can be Crafted Increased to 30 each to make the wood upgrade path more cost efficient

-Scrap Iron Frames increased to 20 scrap iron

-Buckets can now be filled in wells

-Added Wood Pyramid Recipe

-Fully edited Progression,Quest and Localization files for German Translations

-Changed Rare Book to prob 0.2

-Dirt and Grass fall traps Hay Trap requirement removed and replaced by dirt fragments

-Increased chance of 5-7 drops

-Added Colt Python to Rare Guns Loot

-Increased Damage done by Colt Python

-Added Wood Counter 2 and 3

-Added Storage Shed to Advanced Workbench

-Fixed some descriptions

-Removed Snowberry Juice from Stoves

-Added Volume to LSAT

-Fishing Rod now Stacks to 1

-Bread Stove Recipe now requires 1 Dough

-Tree Growth times lowered from 420 to 360

-Increased Crowbar Chance Slightly

-Added Pan, Crucible and Tenderizer to Traders

-Adjusted some loot for junk food and seeds.

-Added Poured Concrete Stairs 50

-Added Redone RE Mansion

-All junk food now will reduce wellness by 0.01 (candy bars, soda, chips)

-Fixed Adhesive and Fire Traps

-Fixed improper loot list when breaking open a Secure Storage Chest

-Added Dancapos fixed Prison

-Fixed Spawning of Sinder and Dex houses (requires unexplored area)

-Painkillers now remove 0.1 wellness when taken and only remove 5 Hydration

-Adjusted Wellness and Hydration on serveral food items for better balance and to combat exploits

-Fixed Streamer Versions not having the corrected Zombie Hitbox Models

-Adjusted Boomstick and Reggie Special Damage

-Removed Class Only Stations from Traders

This hotfix does NOT require any restarts or wipes and will not break anything in your game. It is recommended to upgrade to this patch. We will no longer accept any bugs or questions on previous versions. The current version is the most stable version. Bluefang has the current version already so everything is set to go.

Thanks for the update.

thanks Jax for another great update, the crowbar chance increase has been needed for a while.

-Fixed improper loot list when breaking open a Secure Storage Chest

Does this mean they wont be empty anymore?

-Painkillers now remove 0.1 wellness when taken and only remove 5 Hydration

I can agree with the loss of wellness but not the loss of hydration, shoulda been left the same.

@JaxTeller718 Love the mod. Thanks for keeping updates running. Here is my input. Basic meat food recipes are not balanced at all. Boiled meat is super OP once u find water source. Survivalist's grilled chicken and steak are very underpowered even compared to basic Becon.

Here is some data. Lets name 2x Boiled Meat (2BM), 2x Bacon (2B) and Grilled Chicken (GC).

Ingredients:

2BM: 2x white meat, 2x water (you get glass jars back when u eat it);

2B: 4x white sliced meat (made from 2x white meat);

GC: 4x white sliced meat (made from 2x white meat);

Requirement:

2BM: Advanced campfire, water source.

2B: Advanced campfire, Prep table (butcher knife);

GC: Book with this recipe, Prep table (butcher knife), Barbeque Grill (Survival Class, Self Sufficient skill, Advanced forge); (!)

Restore:

2BM: +8 fullness +0.16 wellness;

2B: +4 fullness +0.08 wellness;

GC: +4 fullness +0.07 wellness;

So same meat input, but the higher the requirement, the poorer the result. I consider finding water source as easiest requirement (usually found on day 1-3). And you don't spend glass jars when you eat boiling meat, so there is nothing to worry about.

Edited by Stranger278 (see edit history)

Is anyone aware of any problems with the mod launcher? It is taking considerably longer than normal to sync the latest update for this mod. It normally only takes 10 min or so but it is still going after 30 min. Was fairly normal speed up until 2300 files then just started crawling.

Matter of fact it seems to have stopped at 2355 files synced.....

15 min later and I'm up to 2364. Checked my internet download speed and it's running normal, actually slightly higher than normal....

Got tired of waiting so I canceled sync....bad move as temp folder is mostly empty.

If it makes any difference I'm trying to update to 3.1.5 from 3.1.3 - 21 day horde edition. In trying to sync again to got to 2344 out of 2763 files synced in about 5 min and then slowed way way way down.

Update: It has finally started downloading....keeping my fingers crossed

After 2+ hours it finally synced the mod lol. Patience has never been my strong point

Edited by Exxodous (see edit history)

Is anyone aware of any problems with the mod launcher? It is taking considerably longer than normal to sync the latest update for this mod. It normally only takes 10 min or so but it is still going after 30 min. Was fairly normal speed up until 2300 files then just started crawling.

15 min later and I'm up to 2364. Checked my internet download speed and it's running normal, actually slightly higher than normal....

Got tired of waiting so I canceled sync....bad move as temp folder is mostly empty.

If it makes any difference I'm trying to update to 3.1.5 from 3.1.3 - 21 day horde edition. In trying to sync again to got to 2344 out of 2763 files synced in about 5 min and then slowed way way way down.

You should Check with " Sphereii " if you are having issues .. could be a bad GitHub connection .. I had no issues today .. but I'm running the 7 day version. Just a though

could be on git's end, not sure if the launcher itself gets slow, usually only takes me about 3 mins :/

anything more techhy would need sphere to hop in.

here's direct download if you want to try this, it says 3.0 but the innards are up to date. can't change the main file name or hosting providers get uppity.

https://github.com/Ravenhearst30/BF21DayNormal/archive/master.zip

@JaxTeller718 Love the mod. Thanks for keeping updates running. Here is my input. Basic meat food recipes are not balanced at all. Boiled meat is super OP once u find water source. Survivalist's grilled chicken and steak are very underpowered even compared to basic Becon.

Here is some data. Lets name 2x Boiled Meat (2BM), 2x Bacon (2B) and Grilled Chicken (GC).

Ingredients:

2BM: 2x white meat, 2x water (you get glass jars back when u eat it);

2B: 4x white sliced meat (made from 2x white meat);

GC: 4x white sliced meat (made from 2x white meat);

Requirement:

2BM: Advanced campfire, water source.

2B: Advanced campfire, Prep table (butcher knife);

GC: Book with this recipe, Prep table (butcher knife), Barbeque Grill (Survival Class, Self Sufficient skill, Advanced forge); (!)

Restore:

2BM: +8 fullness +0.16 wellness;

2B: +4 fullness +0.08 wellness;

GC: +4 fullness +0.07 wellness;

So same meat input, but the higher the requirement, the poorer the result. I consider finding water source as easiest requirement (usually found on day 1-3). And you don't spend glass jars when you eat boiling meat, so there is nothing to worry about.

There's no such thing as "higher requirement". Book with recipe, prep table, butcher's knife and barbecue grill need to be done only once, and not for each dish you prepare, so they simply do not count.

The only thing that counts is what is consumed *per dish*, otherwise you end up with unbalanced dishes. So 2BM takes 2 meat and 2 water, and the other two take only 2 meat.

Good evening. Quick question, Boomstick shotguns...do you have to loot one or are they craftable? I have never seen one in this mod over my 2 games.

Yes, I looted one from a zombie, IIRC. Well, 2 because it duped while I was looting it :p

- - - Updated - - -

Is the Heisenberg Effect intended to be so short? It lasts 8 seconds. The High As F quest requires you kill with your bare hands with the Heisenberg Effect. Even downing a zombie, taking the drug, and pummeling it to death takes too long: the effect goes away. I have the Medical class.

Or am I missing something?

You should Check with " Sphereii " if you are having issues .. could be a bad GitHub connection .. I had no issues today .. but I'm running the 7 day version. Just a though

I did get a hold of Sphereii on discord and he said the same thing and recommended trying the mirror. It just errored out both times I tried.

- - - Updated - - -

could be on git's end, not sure if the launcher itself gets slow, usually only takes me about 3 mins :/

anything more techhy would need sphere to hop in.

here's direct download if you want to try this, it says 3.0 but the innards are up to date. can't change the main file name or hosting providers get uppity.

https://github.com/Ravenhearst30/BF21DayNormal/archive/master.zip

If I get that link to work, what do I do with it? Manually overwrite the file?

After 2+ hours it finally synced the mod lol. Thank you all for your input. Patience has never been my strong point :)

Edited by Exxodous (see edit history)

Is the Heisenberg Effect intended to be so short? It lasts 8 seconds. The High As F quest requires you kill with your bare hands with the Heisenberg Effect. Even downing a zombie, taking the drug, and pummeling it to death takes too long: the effect goes away. I have the Medical class.

Or am I missing something?

I suspect it's only the killing blow that needs to be with the Heisenberg Effect. So, if you knock down the zombie (pick an easy one, not a lumberjack or fat dude) Consume the blue ice, then whale on the downed zombie with your bare hands. With the 3x effect on downed zombies, isn't that enough?

@Andargor

Count how much time you hit him in each step.

First step : Place a few weapon and tool that doesn't have a chance to kill (like blade or shotgun) in your hotbar.

Second step : Use your best weapon/tool to knock down a basic zombie.

Third step : wait for him to recover (for safety purpose).

4 : use a weak weapon or tool and attack his torso.

5 : Do the same thing with two other similar zombies (have the first one just fallow you while you search for a second).

6 : once they are both near dead use your drug and kill them.

7 : do multiple time the quest in a row i you have more quests so you don't have to search again how much time you need to hit them.

On a side note whoever edited the item.xml to add the well in the list of possible water source for the #1364 bucket did a mistake.

<property name="Focused_blockname_7" value="workingCabinetSink"/>

<property name="Focused_blockname_7" value="waterWell"/>

Change the second line to 8 instead of 7.

Edited by Oragepoilu (see edit history)

There's no such thing as "higher requirement". Book with recipe, prep table, butcher's knife and barbecue grill need to be done only once, and not for each dish you prepare, so they simply do not count.

The only thing that counts is what is consumed *per dish*, otherwise you end up with unbalanced dishes. So 2BM takes 2 meat and 2 water, and the other two take only 2 meat.

I could disagree about requirement, especially on lower levels, cos you need to invest time and resources, which you could spend on something else, more useful. But ok, let's say requirement doesn't count. At this stage you will already have like 100 glass jars or more. Let's compare, how do you fill 80 fullness with BM and B/GC. For BM you need 20 meat and 20 water. For B/GC you need 40 meat. Don't you think that getting 20 water is much faster at this stage then 20 meat? You can click glass jars 1 time and you will get 100 water or more (which you will click anyway, cos you need to keep hydration up). And prepairing water takes about same time as slicing meat at prep table. But for 20 meat you need to find and kill at least 3 animals. There is no sane man who will go for becon or grilled chicken/stake over boiled meat. And boiled meat is the very first food craft that will unlock after charred meat. I just feel no progress for crafting all these food stations and reading books, cos they give you less efficient recipes. That's what I call unbalanced.

I'm talking only about basic meat recipes. I know, there are other complex recipes at these stations, which are more rewarding. But if you don't have farmer class (which is the only one, who can repopulate seeds), most of the time you just rely on meat.

Note : I started as a farmer. Just wanna give a little though about this since it's interesting, from a later point of view.

If you have a hight mining skill (80 with the 5/5 perk) and use a hoe you get a very hight amount of seed from any crops you plant (about 90% can be reused; less if you use iron hoe and not steel, and less if you don't have 5/5 perk)

If you don't play on a server and play only on your own you won't care; but on a server, you just need to ask a farmer once in a while and can go a very long way with a few seeds. And you don't even need to till the ground since you harvest with a (steel)hoe.

I just put that information here in case of. Nearly all recipe give the same ratio welness/food beside a very few and even so the difference isn't worth the bother to even think about it, and I don't even want to talk about the waste of time to get perk, tool, and book.

My point is ; ALL the food aren't balanced. Regardless of why (ratio wellness/food, ratio cost/food gain, and how you unlock it).

Most are around 0.018 to 0.035 wellness gain per point of food. That's also why pickles were nerfed ( since using a veggy juice with it would raise the gain in wellness x8 better than any other kind of food).

There is little point to argue over a detail like this one, since food food and recipe don't fallow any rule atm. Just use the best you can.

As a last note, the best item atm (unless I missed one) is cracker n cheese with vegetable juice. require wheat, soy beans for the cracker; cucumber, tomato, carrot, coal and hold some plastic bottle for the juice. You get a ratio of 0.066 for that, and don't need to hunt, but need books, farmer, table, etc. That's one of the few recipe that do make sense in term of progression, and it would be neat if the other reciep would fallow this one to some extend.

Edited by Oragepoilu (see edit history)

As a last note, the best item atm (unless I missed one) is cracker n cheese with vegetable juice. require wheat, soy beans for the cracker; cucumber, tomato, carrot, coal and hold some plastic bottle for the juice. You get a ratio of 0.066 for that, and don't need to hunt, but need books, farmer, table, etc. That's one of the few recipe that do make sense in term of progression, and it would be neat if the other reciep would fallow this one to some extend.

Not entirely correct. Best ratio wellness/food is turkey sandwich (0.6 wellness / 14 food = 0.043) and vegetable juice (0.4 / 18 hydration = 0.022) with carrot, tomato, cherry juices close behind at 0.020.

Note: This does not include honey (0.15), vitamins (0.3 wellness, 0 food & 0 water), and red bull (0.032).

Early game you won't get steel hoe until level 60 (steel tools). Iron hoe isn't that useful, and sickle only good on wild plants. Considering that fertilizer is fairly easy and fast to make (requires working chem station or brewery and some nitrate) making small fertilized plot early on gives you good start. And in few weeks you will have enough food for everyone.

Balancing this kind of nuances is nearly impossible. The mod's idea is making _progress_ slow, but not grindy and tedious. And TBH authors did an awesome job accomplishing this goal.

With latest changes to junk food having, at least minimal cooking very important! At least pouring cans into bowls and heating them up in microwave is a huge. Now canned food is near the top of my looting list priorities.

@Oragepoilu You are saying, that ALL food is unbalanced, because you have all ingredients available as farmer. You already at the point of infinite food. If you started as other class and won't have farmer friend you would have completely different opinion. Food is well balanced according to effort/reward. Some recipes offer high fullness, but no wellness (from drying rack for ex, 10 fullness for 1 meat or something), some recipes as you mentioned offer high wellness (which is your target as farmer, but there are other ppl!), some recipes give health, but no wellness (creamed corn, etc), some recipes take alot of time, but quite efficient with balanced stats and average wellness ratio, etc.

My point is, when you are limited on food and don't have infinite supply as farmer, you have a choose. Put this 2 onions I found for beer chicken for high fullness and average wellness, or toss it in salad for 4x less fullness, but high wellness. Boil this corn for wellness or make some cream for health. And it's interesting. You just picked farmer class that completely avoids this gameplay. Try to play without farmer and you will discover something new.

There are just few recipes that are off and break this immersion. Which I mentioned earler, boiled meat, grilled chicken (which completely losses to becon and you can't make anything from grilled chicken) and grilled steak.

First post guys - been playing ravenhearst a few weeks and it's certainly makes the game a real challenge. Have done over 1100 hours in the game in total and needed this kind of difficulty to keep me interested so thumbs up to all involved. Anyway hadn't played for a week and then yesterday went to play and saw the new version so updated and loaded my save - single player 21 day horde - to say there was a few changes in my inventory wouldn't begin to explain it lol.

My crossbow and forged iron and feathers and other resources in my backpack were gone but my shotgun and pistol were still there. Below is some of the changes:

I now have over 800 fishing rods and....

99 vitamins

171 bandages

214 sunblockers

273 buckets

over 4000 brass candlesticks

504 raw diamonds worth over 220000

1000 bulbs and loads of points to spend and pancakes......

My advanced campfire had 36 air filters as it's fuel instead of wood i had before obviously.

I checked my clothing and I was wearing 2 skirts and 3 different types of head gear lol

img_20180425_124808.thumb.jpg.fcd2e22e16173186a61501feaac8c57a.jpg

Just pointing this out - not a big issue as I am playing on anyway. Keep up the good work and thanks for the time you put into this mod.

img_20180425_124500.thumb.jpg.aaf2b911a3c170ac754e53c86618b2ec.jpg

img_20180425_124529.thumb.jpg.7561e4b939244dce14c543af394d3237.jpg

img_20180425_124604.thumb.jpg.0b5188ff9c257a4e19bd925578813efc.jpg

Looks like you were playing 3.0 before, and updated to 3.1 which required complete world wipe.

Oops saw 3.1.4 no wipe required and it never occurred there could have been another update in the week I hadn't been on. Thanks.