A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Not sure where else to ask so ill try here :)

Im running a server hosted by BF, everybody can tame animals, no issues there but when anybody uses collar on tamed animal nothing happens... strange thing is it does work for me without any problems (with all admin rights) but when i make anybody else admin with all rights it still doesnt work for them at all... we tried with different people, different areas, different items, rights,etc... nada... any help would be most welcome :)

Oh, nice report there... i'll check asap if admin rights are needed or anything like the that, and if they are, will try to fix it

Chains seem to be missing there icon.

7_Days_To_Die_2017_11_02_16_39_56_937.png 7_Days_To_Die_2017_11_02_16_40_02_415.png

Probably related to my earlier post.

Thanks guys!

Noticed this warning starting my DS after updating to 16.0.0.26, A16.4. Haven't noticed any issues ingame yet.

2017-11-01 17:51:29	69.908	Warning	Sprite chains has incorrect resolution 80*116, expected 116*80

Edited by Boa_2K7
grammar (see edit history)

First: Thanks for the wonderful mod. I really enjoy it. But could it be, that no special zombies are currently into bloodmoon hordes? I've looked into entitygroups.xml and gamestages.xml and think, they might not be included yet. Am I right?

The reason is: Days 28 horde and nothing but normal zombies around. Was too easy compared to the A15 Starvation :).

Thanks for any answer to this problem.

Latest available version of Starvation for A16.4.

greetings

I'm still pretty new to modding 7DTD. I have a Bluefang server I'm running the mod on. Was using the 16.3 version but wanna update since the mod updated.

Is there anything special I need to do? Just update my server to 16.4 and then let steam update my game? Don't wanna screw anything up.

I am not sure how BlueFang has it set up for you to remove the 16.3 but you should remove it so that any files no longer needed from the mod are removed and don't remain when you update. if you can't remove it I would suggest a re-install and having it put in 16.4

Otherwise once the mod is removed then do a steam update so that 16.4 is in and the apply the Starvation 16.0.0.26 to that directory

With 3-4K hours into 7D2D with half being in SDX, I think I have largely perfected base design.

First rule for me is NO underground bases. I dig mines for the resources but my base is usually above ground.

That being said, with A16 you simply have to build some sort of killing defense or you get overrun with the endless Scout hordes.

I like smart perimeter designs that control and funnel the zombies rather than simply create obstructions for them to destroy and die on.

I found that a moat perimeter allows the best control of where zombies go as zombies will generally avoid a hole they cannot climb out of. So a moat usually 2 blocks in depth will do, and then just a couple points where the zombies can get through to your base are best. They will funnel right to a killing point.

2017-11-01_193328.jpg

I set up this killing pathway on all four sides and had zero zombies get past it on horde night 21, hardest difficulty.

2017-11-01_193605.jpg

2017-11-01_193443.jpg

Interesting setup, but I don't get why your spikes are facing down like that? Is that some sort of exploit I don't know about?

Any issues with the files on Git currently?

Just tried downloading the 16.4 version and the mod downloads instantly (ie. says downloaded but nothing was actually downloaded).

Checked the xml's and all are still vanilla etc.

It may be Git is playing hard to get ;)

Mod is downloaded to the folder <TempMods> and takes about 1.5GB. After the end of the download, you need to start from the 7D2DLauncher for the first time. Subsequent 7D2DLauncher can be carried out without a launcher, directly running the file <7DaysToDie.exe>

Interesting setup, but I don't get why your spikes are facing down like that? Is that some sort of exploit I don't know about?

With spikes flat-side up, you get less jumping from the zombies as they move across them. Not sure if it is considered an exploit. :)

Mod is downloaded to the folder <TempMods> and takes about 1.5GB. After the end of the download, you need to start from the 7D2DLauncher for the first time. Subsequent 7D2DLauncher can be carried out without a launcher, directly running the file <7DaysToDie.exe>

I had it working fine on the previous version, the actual download of the mod (the 1.5GB) is just not happening, could be connection issues to github or similar. I will persist :)

Any issues with the files on Git currently?

Just tried downloading the 16.4 version and the mod downloads instantly (ie. says downloaded but nothing was actually downloaded).

Checked the xml's and all are still vanilla etc.

It may be Git is playing hard to get ;)

There's a few things you can do:

1) Click on Disable SSL, and restart the Mod Launcher, and try again

if that completely fails, and if you have no anti-virus that maybe blocking it, you can click on the Direct Download, and press Test mod Sync. After that, uncheck the Refresh Mods Automatically. Then press the Play button.

There's a few things you can do:

1) Click on Disable SSL, and restart the Mod Launcher, and try again

if that completely fails, and if you have no anti-virus that maybe blocking it, you can click on the Direct Download, and press Test mod Sync. After that, uncheck the Refresh Mods Automatically. Then press the Play button.

All sorted thanks Sphereii :)

Hey Starvation Team,

I still have a question about the RWG ... I set the generation distance to 40000, burnt forest generation distance to 32000 - 36000, radiated zones to 36000 - 40000 in the rwgmixer.xml. Why does the RWG generate burnt/ radiated forests after ~7500m and radiated zones after ~9900m??? They're getting generated as circle around the map.

So, where can I change this???

Please help me.

Thanks much,

Darehitorimo

I see that this is updated for 16.4 now.. cool!

I want to run a server on one of our local extra systems and then use our two gaming pcs to connect to it.

We use rat for running our server, and use steam big picture mod for dualshock 4 controller support.

I'm thinking the easiest setup is installl the launcher, download the mod, grab the mod folder and dump it into the server install folder, and then on both the gaming pc folders, and then startup the server, launch the games from steam big picture mode, and then connect to out server.

That make the most sense?

I just fire it up once to have a looksee, and I LOVE seeing the wind on the trees and plants like what we saw in Witcher 3! That looks a lot more "alive".

I'll have to read up more since so much has been added to the vanilla game. Question: I read something about machete crafting being broken.. was someone mistaken, or is it actually broken?

I see that this is updated for 16.4 now.. cool!

I want to run a server on one of our local extra systems and then use our two gaming pcs to connect to it.

We use rat for running our server, and use steam big picture mod for dualshock 4 controller support.

I'm thinking the easiest setup is installl the launcher, download the mod, grab the mod folder and dump it into the server install folder, and then on both the gaming pc folders, and then startup the server, launch the games from steam big picture mode, and then connect to out server.

That make the most sense?

I just fire it up once to have a looksee, and I LOVE seeing the wind on the trees and plants like what we saw in Witcher 3! That looks a lot more "alive".

I'll have to read up more since so much has been added to the vanilla game. Question: I read something about machete crafting being broken.. was someone mistaken, or is it actually broken?

For the clients, definitely using the launcher is the easiest way, as long as github doesn't decide to destroy your plans.

For the server, you need to get the server files from the StarvationServer repository. And yes, all you should need is get the files and dump them on the install folder...

Remember that github is actually giving people some problems, so make sure your downloads finish properly or you'll get errors loading the game. As per sphereii suggestion, I'll be adding alternative repos, and might even bring back the old launcher at somepoint so that everyone has 2 alternatives to grab files.

As for the machete, there was some problem with the recipe, but I think everything was addressed on the latest patch.

Special Zombies

As per this comment, i'm seeing a lot of new zombies in general, but nothing out of the ordinary on horde nights. Friends encountered bosses during these times, but that was back in 15. In 16 we're just not having this happen. Are they in place? Is it just bad luck?

The mod is amazing! there's absolutely no way we could go back to vanilla now. Well done :)

First: Thanks for the wonderful mod. I really enjoy it. But could it be, that no special zombies are currently into bloodmoon hordes? I've looked into entitygroups.xml and gamestages.xml and think, they might not be included yet. Am I right?

The reason is: Days 28 horde and nothing but normal zombies around. Was too easy compared to the A15 Starvation :).

Thanks for any answer to this problem.

Latest available version of Starvation for A16.4.

greetings