A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

I transfered the Data and the 7DaysToDieServer_Data files from my 7DaysToDie folder after making sure i told Steam i wanted to change back to 16.3 and did a fresh install , can you make sure you dont have an automatic steam update or do they just do that anyways ?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing out of the norm I have played the War of the walkers and Valmods with no issues not sure whats going on here but it is driving me nuts I saw some other folks with the same issues but dont know what they did to fix it

they just update anyway.. my version on my pc is 16.3 but my provider keeps updating to 16.4

First i would like to say i love your mode it's the best i have see for 7D2D in a long time.

my question is is there any way to disable the Sanity in the game?

thank you for making this mode for Evey one and the hard work that win it to it.

In entities.xml, under playerMale, change: <property name="sanity" value="True" /> to false. I have not tested that this still works with all the recent work in process sanity changes, but if and when it works, that's what you change to switch it on and off.

HELP problem to instal starvation

hi all, I have a problem to install starvation mod using the spherelli mod launcher. I start with alpha 16.3 set all the locations where my install and where to copy the files in mod launcher. I press install mod, take about 5 to 10 minutes to install, I press then play, that take more than 24 hours and no install of starvation. I have a 10 mbps internet, more than 20 GB free space to put the mod on HD but do not work at all. but I get in the mod launcher info window a invalid git hub, repo detected........ the log files say waiting for background prosesses to complete, refreshing mods for starvation16. Is there a another way to install this mod ? such as zip or rar file to download and copy paste to the game folder ?

I was hooked up on this mod since alpha 15 and did realy enjoy this mod it kind of give back the interest for the game with new challenges and options for the gameplay. I would realy love if I could make this mod work again on my computer.

So anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this problem ?

hi all, I have a problem to install starvation mod using the spherelli mod launcher. I start with alpha 16.3 set all the locations where my install and where to copy the files in mod launcher. I press install mod, take about 5 to 10 minutes to install, I press then play, that take more than 24 hours and no install of starvation. I have a 10 mbps internet, more than 20 GB free space to put the mod on HD but do not work at all. but I get in the mod launcher info window a invalid git hub, repo detected........ the log files say waiting for background prosesses to complete, refreshing mods for starvation16. Is there a another way to install this mod ? such as zip or rar file to download and copy paste to the game folder ?

I was hooked up on this mod since alpha 15 and did realy enjoy this mod it kind of give back the interest for the game with new challenges and options for the gameplay. I would realy love if I could make this mod work again on my computer.

So anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this problem ?

Sorry for the trouble. Could you try click on Disable SSL, and restarting the launcher? Then attempt to do a Test Mod Sync and see if it downloads.

Sorry for the trouble. Could you try click on Disable SSL, and restarting the launcher? Then attempt to do a Test Mod Sync and see if it downloads.

thnx for your reply, I just started the test mod sync now hope it will work, at least my network start to download from mod launcher this time, just hope this will fix the issue with download.

*edit* followed sphreii advice downloaded a ssl enabler/disabler software tool, and now xmas is here already game is running with mod. so a great thnx to sphreii for the help and advice how to solve the problem in a easy way.

Edited by kapre2010 (see edit history)

the HUD they had in Alpha 15, are they going to put it? temperature, hunger, thirst....

and I want to expand the storage of the minibike but now for more changes that do in the documents no longer works

and and what are the toys for? and broken cell phones?

In entities.xml, under playerMale, change: <property name="sanity" value="True" /> to false. I have not tested that this still works with all the recent work in process sanity changes, but if and when it works, that's what you change to switch it on and off.

thank you very much for your help.

the HUD they had in Alpha 15, are they going to put it? temperature, hunger, thirst....

and I want to expand the storage of the minibike but now for more changes that do in the documents no longer works

and and what are the toys for? and broken cell phones?

A new one,made by one of the hud gurus DUST2DEATH, is in the works

Can someone explain exactly? How to upgrade the the farm storage ? I put the snowballs inside and nothing happens. The farmer starts working just as I give him storage (ice covered ) from creative menu .

Assuming you have snowballs in your backpack, right click on the farm storage box and upgrade it like any other block in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

How long can server initialization take the first startup ?

In my experience, under 5 minutes to build a new world. If its taking a lot longer, check the server log as its probably spamming the log with errors.

Hi Idk if anyone knows but we updated to the 16.4 version on our clients and when i went to update my server whenever i put in the server files in from github its still saying that my server is in 16.3 and idk what to do, are the 16.4 starvation mod server files out yet? I have tried using the launcher with no luck it only says no internet connection etc. im not sure what to do the only thing i can think of is rolling back my game in the launcher to 16.3, have a pretty confusing time any help is appreciated especially if someone can point me to the starvation mod 16.4 server files thanks!

I am trying to get the starvation mod working on the Linux client (single player). Most of the info I've found relates to the server, not the client.

I haven't had any luck getting the mod launcher to work in Linux, so I copied the mod files manually.

I fixed the blocks.xml error by changing "mods" to "Mods" for the "workingTv":

<block id="984" name="workingTv">
	<property name="Class" value="TV, Mods" />

This allowed me to start a new game, but the first thing I have noticed is that some textures seem to be missing. in particular the textures for the new animals, plants and trees. The models are there, but they are all pink. But some are working, such as the tiger. I tried to upload a screenshot, but there was an error uploading the file.

I'm not sure if there is something I can change to get the textures working. I noticed in the output log that there are a lot of "Shader Unsupported" warnings. I've attached the log.

output_log__2017-10-29__15-29-20.txt

I started playing this mod recently and I really like how much there is to do in it so far, however the balancing seems off for me personally. Within the first day I found 2 functional guns, ammo, a fireaxe, and a machete. Is this the kind of abundance I should expect for the rest of my playthrough or did I just get really lucky?

I am trying to get the starvation mod working on the Linux client (single player). Most of the info I've found relates to the server, not the client.

I haven't had any luck getting the mod launcher to work in Linux, so I copied the mod files manually.

I fixed the blocks.xml error by changing "mods" to "Mods" for the "workingTv":

<block id="984" name="workingTv">
	<property name="Class" value="TV, Mods" />

This allowed me to start a new game, but the first thing I have noticed is that some textures seem to be missing. in particular the textures for the new animals, plants and trees. The models are there, but they are all pink. But some are working, such as the tiger. I tried to upload a screenshot, but there was an error uploading the file.

I'm not sure if there is something I can change to get the textures working. I noticed in the output log that there are a lot of "Shader Unsupported" warnings. I've attached the log.

You could add this command line parameter; -force-glcore

Thank you for the suggestion, but some textures are still not working. It did make things a bit darker (had to raise the gamma setting a bit).

It seems strange that some things look ok (tobacco, brown tigers, scorpions) while others are all pink (salad, avocado trees, coconut palm trees, cougars, snakes). And with sunflowers the flower part looks fine, but the leaves were pink.

Still the same warnings about the shaders, if that's relevant.

Edited by davidr33584 (see edit history)

I started playing this mod recently and I really like how much there is to do in it so far, however the balancing seems off for me personally. Within the first day I found 2 functional guns, ammo, a fireaxe, and a machete. Is this the kind of abundance I should expect for the rest of my playthrough or did I just get really lucky?

Balance is still pretty much vanilla in terms of loot and progression.