Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

No.

Once announced on MM's YT channel or Twitter, it is usually when they get added to the first page.

This is how things worked for a while...

Good point. I think it has been a mixture of both. Vid posted with new details... details added. Fataal/Roland release a bit of info in a comment on here... details added. Agree to disagree - and then agree again.

FAATAL,

Is there away to make a half block act like a half block? Not have things float above it as if it were a full block.

Regards

Ouch

IHR 2018

The entire voxel environment would need to be entirely made up of half-cubes.. instead of full blocks in game. It could have a huge impact on performance since there's more blocks in the same given space. I could be wrong

EDIT: actually this wouldn't be feasible as this would only work on 1 axis.

It is almost the end of July, has the Hype train left the station yet. Sorry but if this was answered in the forum sorry there are way to many pages to read through.

The anticipation is killing me. I want the game with bugs in all.

It is almost the end of July, has the Hype train left the station yet. Sorry but if this was answered in the forum sorry there are way to many pages to read through.

The anticipation is killing me. I want the game with bugs in all.

Nothing yet. Expect another delay and 2nd week of Aug launch.

FAATAL,

Is there away to make a half block act like a half block? Not have things float above it as if it were a full block.

Regards

Ouch

IHR 2018

You'd have to make blocks that were single dimension on their collider size but larger on their visual size; the embers are a good example of this in vanilla. So yeh, it's technically doable, but then you'd have to do it for every permeation of every block combination, which would suck for Gazz. =)

tmpcube.png

...the left bottopm is the half block, the left top is a normal block that would "float", and the right is a 1.5 block with a 1.0 collider (green) that would also "float", but bleed into the empty space on the half block.

- - - Updated - - -

...or, they could create the blocks through code (all of their paintable blocks seem to be code generated anyway), so... yes? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Trick is, you would either have to put the collider on the half block as a full block to prevent being able to interact through the middle part, or put the collider as a full block and then when people stand on it they would float. Lose Lose.

well they did make it smaller first..... then you can make it bigger

Yeah not a fan of the making it smaller at first, the amount of space we have in A16 is no where near enough. I hate leaving loot behind because I am sure I read in A16 a poi spawned loot container will not respawn if it has anything in, so I have to manually loot or drop everything out of every container. Has this been fixed in A17? Or did I read wrong and containers that weren't placed by the player will always redo their loot every 30 days whether its empty or not?

You'd have to make blocks that were single dimension on their collider size but larger on their visual size; the embers are a good example of this in vanilla. So yeh, it's technically doable, but then you'd have to do it for every permeation of every block combination, which would suck for Gazz. =)

tmpcube.png

...the left bottopm is the half block, the left top is a normal block that would "float", and the right is a 1.5 block with a 1.0 collider (green) that would also "float", but bleed into the empty space on the half block.

- - - Updated - - -

...or, they could create the blocks through code (all of their paintable blocks seem to be code generated anyway), so... yes? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Trick is, you would either have to put the collider on the half block as a full block to prevent being able to interact through the middle part, or put the collider as a full block and then when people stand on it they would float. Lose Lose.

got ya---thx bud....medieval mod is coming along.....how bad is a17 gonna screw with it?

Just to play a bit of devils advocate but wasn't there a feature freeze? I think fun pimps is using this term without knowing what it means. As "Possibly backpack size progression" is a feature and it should either be in and being worked on or out and not being worked on until A18. Based on this FP, is going to have a lot of scope creep which is going to extend the timelines of any release by a lot.

Sometimes development is like herding cats. Lots of people doing a bunch of different stuff and it gets interesting.

Hey everyone, I completely dropped the ball on this one and I apologize. It's definitely not Roland's fault. I announced it during a few of my streams that I was doing it and forgot to have Roland post it here. I even forgot to post it on twitter that I was streaming that night. Next one I will make sure everyone has plenty of notice before it happens.

During the Q&A it was brought up to blame Gazz and ya'll said it was easy to blame him. Over here in the forums we like to blame Roland it is easier for us to to do so. Don't worry he likes it and can handle it lol.

Blocks do occasionally have geometry that strays into adjacent blocks (terrain does this), but it often causes problems like a raycast hits something, but the collision point is not the correct block. Vehicle collisions have to deal with that where a terrain hit is in the wrong block and it has to do a surrounding block scan, which is slower and leads to bugs.

Just watched Prime's stream - Thanks Prime! Sounds like some exciting stuff coming along and it is cool to see MP getting some love even though I mainly play SP.

Progressive backpack sizes (I think) is a great way to go and a good compromise. What would be even better is if it was tied in to making different backpack types as your strength goes up and maybe another skill like clothing/armor making. I think it would be awesome to see your player start off with a school bag, upgrade to a 2 strap duffel bag, then hiking backpack, then a military pack.

It would almost be a badge of honor in MP and would be easy to get an idea of how long someone has been on a server for. Just spitballing what's going through my mind on the topic.

Oh... and no smell for A-17 confirmed... I have no opinion on the topic as I started 7DTD in A-16, but I know it has been a talked about feature with a lot of curiosity surrounding its return.

I've been steady watching people play medieval and what they pick up... People don't NEED 80% of the junk they get... They just have a need to pick it up, which isn't the same thing.

#12slotbackpack

I need all of this loot, though. It's my emotional support loot.

Primes stream:

- Backpack size dependent on player strength from 27-45 slots.

- Airships are not planned.

- Tier 1-6 item are basically the same stats except durability. So a Tier 6 item is only potentially better than a Tier 1. Mods are everything.

-(*) Some(?) perks require preconditions before you can use them. Some level of skill was mentioned.

-(*) Water replenishes the rate of stamina gain, max 10 per second so if your water is 75%, the rate will be 7.5.

Food % caps stamina % and both water and food are used replacing stamina.

-(KS) An Amazing party/team system! On the HUD, you now know where everyone is, their health AND you share in EXP if you are within 100(?) meters!

- Small talk.

Did I miss anything important?

* = Added after drinking coffee :)

KS = KingSlayer reminder.

Archived