Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

btw in the video mm said that team can finish the game, dlcs, start a new game. not sounds too good... that dlc / new game part. also it sounds they are nearly done finishing the game. however a lot of potencial is still open.

btw in the video mm said that team can finish the game, dlcs, start a new game. not sounds too good... that dlc / new game part. also it sounds they are nearly done finishing the game. however a lot of potencial is still open.

There is lot of work in 7dtd , before even think about dlcs. New game is in plan in almost every game dev teams around the world, nothing bad. There are many more time than you think, before we hear words such as gold, DLCs, so on.

Or have perks to remove each individual part of the hud. I for one like the hud. Let Roland blow his hard earned skill points; assuming there will still be skill points, on clearing his screen.

Yes, this. As much as I love Roland i think that idea is terrible. The compass, yea. But the rest? Well, just no. With all due respect, NO lol.

If people want to play without a ui, let them waste there points. Ya know F7 works too lol.

I think you're looking at it negatively. My take on it is he was just saying he now believes he has the perfect team to be able to finish and polish this game off to the standard he envisioned. I really don't think he means he wants to skip past a bunch of stuff and start working on the next big game already, but that being said there is always a time where you have to say we've done enough or we are happy with the product in question and i would say they are nearly there maybe one more alpha or 2 (i mean water def needs love and we've not seen any work on bandits).

You can't expect a company to work on a game indefinitely or to include every idea every person ever thought up its just not plausible.

TFP _could_ have wrapped this up around A9 or so. Add a few missing gimmicks and ship it...

Urgh, I really hope the pressure never pushes you there...

I like your concept... Seems very mellow... My own workplace could learn a thing or two ;).

TFP _could_ have wrapped this up around A9 or so. Add a few missing gimmicks and ship it...

They could have easily. Glad they didn't. TFP keep improving this game with each alpha. I can hardly wait for A17. Going to be a huge step forward for the game. Even with all the possibilities for modding too.

For those of you that are interested in hardware level game performance I am working on a Hardware Roundup for A16 that will include two Intel CPU's from 2 different generations, four different graphics cards from 3 different generations, two SSD's from two different generations and two different generations of system memory, this will take me some time so keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks.

Yeah they could have, that's a good point. Quite a few kickstarter points were not ticked off around that time though, so perhaps that would not have been a great idea.

True but TFP's wouldn't have made as much money, in-the-long-run. ;)

Reputation and all that.

- - - Updated - - -

But you didn't so thanks as i didn't get here till around A15.

Wow! what a clever fox. ;)

Reputation and all that.

As I see the way they work, money and reputation are not an aim, but will be a result. Besides as I see how many things they added and they will in the future, this project is like their baby. A grumpy one, but so awesome. You get me I know ;)

So, what has changed to make TFP think Hit Bars are a good idea? BOSSES!

No, I think Roland convinced the developers with his HP bar in the forum. It was such an unmitigated success. :smile-new:

Is the weather/temperature/clothing something we can expect ti be fixed in A17 or that more a A18 goal?

You can only fix a bug. Weather is more like a balancing issue and balancing is a continuous process that eventually will be declared finished after someone decides it is good enough. If Gazz likes to torment you he probably has declared A16.4 weather to be good enough already.

Companies on the stock market plan ahead 3 months. Everyone else plans ahead for years. "Nearly done" means it is done somewhere in 2019 most likely

Is the weather/temperature/clothing something we can expect ti be fixed in A17 or that more a A18 goal?

I remember there being some talk of the new buff system changing the way that clothing protects us from weather. Instead of a set number of degrees up or down, the new system for clothing would offer protection from heat and/or protection from coldthrough a buff. You could potentially mix clothing that protects from heat and clothing that protects from cold, and you would not have to travel with 2 completely different outfits at all times.

The F7 suggestion is the grinning idiot's response by people who are smugly confident that the HUD will never be removed in full.

I'm a fan of no HUD. I'm aware it is not going to be removed as a basic game design choice. I and people who share this preference would like it as an option. I am aware this preference is in the minority.

Can we stop with the inane F7 suggestion now?

Guest Rassilon

Reputation and all that.

yeah thought similar. I DO am thankful for this great game were i sunk Thousands of Hours in, but beein grateful for something that should be an Industrial Standard? ( Delivering a Feature Complete Game that doesnt crash every 20 minutes )

And as Sillis pointed out, the Reputation would go down and have fun looking for Players for the next game if you _had_ released it in A9^^

Thats like saying: Be thankful for your Venezuelian Dictator because you _could_ be have the Dictator of North Korea...

Flawed Metaphor, couldnt think of something more fitting ^^

- - - Updated - - -

from 1.7. will the update to Alpha 17 experimental ??

No. Or rather: Highly unlikely. Madmole CLEARLY stated that they AIM for July (1-31) Release of the Experimental. There was no Promise at all beeing made and i personally can live with August too. For me it counts that we can slowley see the light of the End of the Tunnel.

i hope next release after A17, will bring us working water

Yeah that would be nice but it is a minor thing and certainly isn't high on the list of things I would like to see added/improved in the next Alpha and really large bodies of water are completely useless in a game like this anyway as far as I'm concerned.

Hah! Do you really think TFP should just dissolve into a puff of smoke on the day of the official 7DTD release?

For example, what exactly would a concept artist do for a game that's creeping towards beta?

What Paradox does to keep their people between major releases is make DLC's. So a nice skin DLC or a massive POI complex all reasonably priced for their player base.

Someone should email or skype them and ask for a few pointers.

*Small Game Developers Unite!*

Yeah that would be nice but it is a minor thing and certainly isn't high on the list of things I would like to see added/improved in the next Alpha and really large bodies of water are completely useless in a game like this anyway as far as I'm concerned.

I have to disagree, its not even on the tiny bit a useless thing. There can be added a bunch of features involving water, like fishing and transportation for example, or even exploration. (not even mentioning that the current water looks UGLY)

Start adding variety...?

Ain't there gonna be more stuff to farm, more foods to cook for example?

(first please google "concept artist", you may not be aware exactly what that is. I did too just to be sure)

They might already have concept pictures of more stuff than they ever have the time to include in the game.

Archived