Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Snipped for space

Was it really necessary to post this wall of text twice within 6 posts of each other? Especially since it is a lot of the same info?

Please give them a chance to respond to one before repeating yourself in another. If you have something more to add, say it in a new post without the repeat stuff.

Can you please add support for Alexa/Cortana/Google Now to the home automation features? we already have motion sensors. so I want Geofencing and

"Alexa Activate turrets at 12 o'clock" or

"Alexa when will the forge run out of wood?" and

"Alex, let me know if there is a screamer coming to visit"

This blog was never a pure blog. Otherwise the appointed forum-guards, especially Roland, would have to delete everything except developer comments and maybe posts that directly refer to those comments. Surely not what you want, is it?

From time to time developers actually post here, but the frequency of their posting or of MMs videos is neither set somewhere nor some customary right we have. You posit yourself as a rebel when you critique that frequency, but by having no right to it you and everyone else is just a petitioner. A petitioner to my knowledge has to ask nicely or shouldn't be surprised at not getting what he wants. Making a ♥♥♥♥storm because you are not getting what you have no right for is more like an extortion attempt. I see no heroic deed in that.

If people should succeed by constant nagging to make MM eventually give out another video, this is analoguous to a child you placate because it cries for 20 minutes, not because that child is right. Meanwhile other people are nerved or even cringe at all the nagging posts.

I never heard you giving a rational argument why TFP is bound to give out information at a frequency that satisfies you. Did I miss that? :smile-new:

You are absolutely right that this blog/diary isnt a pure blog/diary (illustrated by the 1200+ pages of posts). Of course, I dont have problems with that (did I say that anywhere?). My observation was that MM does not seem to put new information about the development of the game on this blog. Which is odd, since it is, you know, the development blog/diary.

Your second paragraph seems to be about me asking/demanding more updates. I fail to see how that's related to what I was posting. The topic was that MM posted new info on a different platform (and only on that platform).

I never heard you arguing about the actual topic we were discussing. Did I miss that? :)

It is on my list. Not sure that will make A17.

Not planned as far as I know.

faatal, thanks for answer. Second moment about face ayimation, will be this planned in future? Bear have face animation, wolfes have face animations, so zombie also will must have face animation.

Not important eyes animation, but chops animation zombie must have. There may be drooling or black blood flowing from the mouth.

To everyone asking for more and more features, details, and optimization: knock it off. It's getting annoying. It's obvious that work is being done, but it'll get done at the devs' own pace, and it'll get released when they're happy with it.

Patience is a virtue. Hopefully people realize that more time spent sharing content means less time spent actually getting the development done, and quit asking for detailed info.

To everyone asking for more and more features, details, and optimization: knock it off. It's getting annoying. It's obvious that work is being done, but it'll get done at the devs' own pace, and it'll get released when they're happy with it.

Patience is a virtue. Hopefully people realize that more time spent sharing content means less time spent actually getting the development done, and quit asking for detailed info.

I think that asking is legit, demanding is not.. Also, in general the community discussing features can be positive for 2 reasons:

• people like me, who are really impatient to play the next alpha, have something to talk about and keep their mind busy
  • the devs can see what the community is more interested in

I can do MY job without Geology but can you do YOURS without math....?

WAIT...The earth really IS only 6000 yrs old and ya'll just guess at those carbon dating timelines and half-life shenanigans. My pastor always warned me about pagan geologists. Secular humanists the lot of you!!

This is wrong. Life, the Universe and Everything was created last Thursday, so ya the world ends tomorrow.

At least it's on topic ;) Though, there is a forum for most of this (Pimp Dreams) though I'm not sure how many people read it.

this game meant to be first person, it doesnt need third person view, it breaks immersion of the game.

I was a firm believer in this also, a first person purist lol. I hated 3rd person shooters like Gears of War and Fartnite. I never tried a survival game in 3rd person until Conan: Exiles and I have to say it's pretty damn nice. I now can't wait for 3rd person option in 7d2d as long as it's either/or and locked.

I can do MY job without Geology but can you do YOURS without math....?

WAIT...The earth really IS only 6000 yrs old and ya'll just guess at those carbon dating timelines and half-life shenanigans. My pastor always warned me about pagan geologists. Secular humanists the lot of you!!

Actually the Universe was created last Thursday. Look up Last Thrusdayism, it can't be disproven. Basically it states everything was created last Thursday and all of your and the universes past is just memories implanted in your brain. :tinfoil3:

I think that asking is legit, demanding is not.. Also, in general the community discussing features can be

• the devs can see what the community is more interested in

I alway wondered what percentage/promillage of the actual playerbase (community) is present here. I think the few here cant determine what "the community" is more interested in. Just saying :)

Cheers

-edit- or maybe you mean the users here that are convinced that what they want is wanted by 99% of all players. At least thats what they keep saying ;)

This is wrong. Life, the Universe and Everything was created last Thursday, so ya the world ends tomorrow.

You're both wrong.

There never was a universe, and a life.

All virtual :)

Thank you Lonestarcanuk for your repply and info.

I hope they input 90% of stuff I said above.

I imagine the headache to build sewer from scratch and draw water biomes such as Build engine and attach engine parts for a better performance and so.... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Was it really necessary to post this wall of text twice within 6 posts of each other? Especially since it is a lot of the same info?

Please give them a chance to respond to one before repeating yourself in another. If you have something more to add, say it in a new post without the repeat stuff.

Sorry, I am not english and I was correcting my writing. And sorry If I spammed without noticying that I did not knew I was spamming. Rarely I go here....

I alway wondered what percentage/promillage of the actual playerbase (community) is present here. I think the few here cant determine what "the community" is more interested in. Just saying :)

Cheers

-edit- or maybe you mean the users here that are convinced that what they want is wanted by 99% of all players. At least thats what they keep saying ;)

Forum users are a subset of the total population of players of this game.

However there is no reason to believe that such sample of players does not represent fairly correctly the preferences of the whole group.

Forum users are a subset of the total population of players of this game.

However there is no reason to believe that such sample of players does not represent fairly correctly the preferences of the whole group.

Ummm...it’s pretty likely that the posters here don’t represent the casual player or new player. Most people posting here have a substantial number of hours logged. Their preferences will not necessarily represent those of casual or new players.

Thank you Lonestarcanuk for your repply and info.

I hope they input 90% of stuff I said above.

I imagine the headache to build sewer from scratch and draw water biomes such as Build engine and attach engine parts for a better performance and so.... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I am not english and I was correcting my writing. And sorry If I spammed without noticying that I did not knew I was spamming. Rarely I go here....

Perfectly alright. I probably over reacted, but it was a very long post twice on one page. All is good :)

You are absolutely right that this blog/diary isnt a pure blog/diary (illustrated by the 1200+ pages of posts). Of course, I dont have problems with that (did I say that anywhere?). My observation was that MM does not seem to put new information about the development of the game on this blog. Which is odd, since it is, you know, the development blog/diary.

Your second paragraph seems to be about me asking/demanding more updates. I fail to see how that's related to what I was posting. The topic was that MM posted new info on a different platform (and only on that platform).

I never heard you arguing about the actual topic we were discussing. Did I miss that? :)

My post you were answering to already had expanded the topic. Also you expanded the topic with "Those who filter out anything which isn't straight up praise, so that the developers aren't exposed to that sort of heresy?". But you are right, maybe we should stick to the very narrow topic of "Why not here but there?"

And one answer could be simply that we also have no right to demand that everything is posted here or posted here first. This is the internet (I assume that everyone reading this knows the internet is supposed to be interlinked a lot instead of copying information to all places). It would be sufficient if Roland or someone else posted a link to the location (and behold that happened already). You also don't need an account at twitter to see the tweet and the pictures.

So, the pictures are readily available to everyone able to klick a link, everyone reading the developer blog has been informed (even if it was a few minutes later). What is the rub?

The rub might be, you feel left out, you feel you are entitled to get the news first, fresh and on this site. You are the important ones, the inner circle, the elite, you need to be taken to the side and informed (by the owner of the company please!, not some low-level informer) in a low whisper: "You heard it here first".

Is there any other explanation not involving entitlement ? :smile-new:

(I hope I didn't overdo the sarcastic bits. I know you can take it and are able to hit back likewise)

Hey everyone! Just to let you guys know the main reasons for the Madmole silence:

There was a family vacation,

Then there was really bad post vacation sickness involving lots of puke and sleep,

Then lots of piled up work due to those first two events,

And now graduation ceremonies for a Madmole family member.

There is a new video on the horizon. If not in the next couple days a very good chance by this weekend.

There are still things not on the first page lists that are hopefully coming to A17 but might slip to A18 (which is why they aren't on the list).

But you are right, maybe we should stick to the very narrow topic of "Why not here but there?"

I already answered the why--and in pig latin no less. The reason is simple really and it has nothing to do with positive or negative responses.

Hey everyone! Just to let you guys know the main reasons for the Madmole silence:

There was a family vacation,

Then there was really bad post vacation sickness involving lots of puke and sleep,

Then lots of piled up work due to those first two events,

And now graduation ceremonies for a Madmole family member.

There is a new video on the horizon. If not in the next couple days a very good chance by this weekend.

There are still things not on the first page lists that are hopefully coming to A17 but might slip to A18 (which is why they aren't on the list).

Thanks for the update :) Family first, I say. Looking forward to the video though !

Hello

Hello

I know that this question annoys but I can probably say so when we can count on about the alpha 17?

at the end of June or July?

and is it even in the planning if you bring fish into the game?

Greetings from Germany

soory for spelling (google)

Archived