Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Definitely while driving and quite likely an option the rest of the time.

The reason third-person view was taken out originally was because the player animations weren't good enough but with the animation overhaul that's happened this is no longer an issue. Hopefully there will be a setting to force first-person for pvp servers, I don't play pvp myself but that doesn't mean the needs of pvp players should be ignored. I can see how the ability to see over a ridge-line without sticking your head over would be a huge advantage for an ambushing player.

Removing the third-person view annoyed a lot of people and it seems that adding it back will annoy some more, the only constant in life is change.

I've never played Fortnite, but I was watching a friend play it on Twitch the other day. Definitely PVP and definitely 3rd person view. But I guess if everyone is using 3rd person view, then it doesn't really give any advantage or disadvantage.

Many of us would have preferred fixed-point arithmetic despite the slight reduction in speed. Over the years floating-point has caused more problems than it's solved. If it wasn't for the fact that such calculations are built in to the processor I would have written my own fixed-point library and never looked back.

One disadvantage of floats in 7d2d: On linux the RWG generates similar but not identical worlds to windows, I assume because of rounding in the random generator.

I already do use doubles, hell, I've had to write my own Vector3d library to do what I want. It's not the range of numbers that bothers me, it's the inaccuracy of replicating results and the weird issues you have with very small or very large numbers which push the limits of the exponent. Combine that with the nightmare of trying to convert a double to within the range of a float and fixed-point looks better by the second.

Since unity has largely dropped support for 32 bit systems there's no logical reason not to use 64 bit in the engine except for the amount of work involved in bringing the engine up to date.

I can agree to disagree, such things are often a matter of taste and suitability to the job at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Then just use a rectangular collider and save yourself the extra work :-)

The idea was to avoid using colliders due to their cost.

Madmole showed new Material, again on his Twitter.

May I ask, why not posting Material from the Devs in the Dev Diary of A17 ?

I dont use Twitter and dont want to look up 20 Sources to be up to date with the news :/

Be happy it isn't facebook. The forum already has a community manager to keep us up-to-date and developers posting highly confidential :fat: inside information. Sure, it could be better, but also it could be worse.

And to put it bluntly, each time MM posts here many act like dogs in heat, then after digesting the info is not about exactly the feature they wanted but just a new POI or a tree texture they act like pitbull terriers on the hunt. And at the moment he would be blasted with questions about A17 release date and demands for a new video. So why bother?

Be happy it isn't facebook. The forum already has a community manager to keep us up-to-date and developers posting highly confidential :fat: inside information. Sure, it could be better, but also it could be worse.

And to put it bluntly, each time MM posts here many act like dogs in heat, then after digesting the info is not about exactly the feature they wanted but just a new POI or a tree texture they act like pitbull terriers on the hunt. And at the moment he would be blasted with questions about A17 release date and demands for a new video. So why bother?

Yeah. Why would one bother about giving updates in the development blog? That would be so unorthodox.

Maybe there should be more forum-guards! You know. Those who filter out anything which isn't straight up praise, so that the developers aren't exposed to that sort of heresy?

When your sitting there, all angry or sad or annoyed or... Stop for 1 sec and think, before just opening up the gates!

What if it was you? Would that really get you working faster? Or respond even?

NO is the answer...

Yes yes, I know it's easy to be brave in a forum... But that just makes it even more important to stay civil.

This old saying comes to mind:

If you have nothing good to say, then shut up.

The saying is valid, when the subject is not critical... And a PC game can NEVER be a critical subject.

So cool it ;)

People that build tree house will go nuts in these high trees for sure.

It was the first thing I though as I saw the new trees. Second was hunting tree house.

Were zeds able to damage a tree btw, never thought/tested that ?

I have a poster of professions requiring math and Geologist is on the poster. If there are any High School students reading this forum BELIEVE THE POSTER and not the geologist! Stay in math class kids. You need it for every profession there is. The poster says so!!!

/contributing to public education propaganda since 1969

Companies depend on kids failing math so they can pay them $10 and tell them its $100 :)

also makes it easier to split a check with two people who can't do the math :) :)

PS: the new trees look good but can we make a hot looking Zombie?

I preffer also the same info and / or update in all plataforms.

In my spite of view if there are any update on tweeter, also all plataforms, facebook and 7 days to die forum also need the same info.

I don't have tweter account and don't want to have a tweeter account to have a special update.

Also thanks for the aditional info. I didn't have the extra info of the new trees also photo attached.

I suggest to all plataforms have the same info, I will not create a tweeter account to have special info like the one above.

I did not knew that info, photo and the new trees.

Thanks for that link very much. I did not knew that info. :)

In my spite of view I hope they input on the game: :)

Also I am waiting the underground with sewers to explore, aligators to kill and on the street have iron circles to enter on sewers entrance beneath the city.

Every city will have the new sewer system.

The sinked ship and lost containers to explore underwater missions

Oxigen tanks, swiming suit and the exact lantern like the video that has the lantern above the tiny drawer or mini desk

The buggy ( BLACK or GREY WITH METAL PIPES )

The upgradable armoured buggy ( because the first image the chassi, skeleton or body will be very exposed and weak too and easy to shoot player who drives it)

The machine gun attached on the roof of the buggy

Buggy for two players ( one who drives, and one on the back )

The pickup truck

The mini van ( similar to the A-team) painted WHITE for the maximum 4 players

Motocross Motorcicle for two player ( Dirt bike ) - painted ORANGE or RED - and new colors will be possible to add ?

Minigun ( sistem similar of the auger ) (Heavy machine gun )

Water colector ( collect water from the rain )

Pipe sistem to drain, colect water from river and to deliver to the base ( water problem fixes )

Underwater redesign like an biome with also water plants

Perhaps some squids, aligator zombies and then some more also piranha don't forget piranha it is important in some rivers

The 3 new camouflages: Zombies will be more smarter since the new option will be available, run at day and walk at night. Since crouching at this moment or hiding on a wall, or tree it is so limited. They will notice and atack player too.

One camouflage leafs or grass clay or dirt ( basic camouflage)

Second will be leather and something different

Third camouflage I don't know any special info at this moment ( perhaps it will adapt more every biome like the snow or desert biome

The Semy truck ( american semy truck ) to drive

The bus truck to drive

The caravan to drive

Ambulance to drive too

More new parts for the Motor system ( engine will be buildable if attached some parts )

Instead showing 7 days to die I hope the team place the alpha 17 urgent, since they at minimum confirm the camouflage sistem

Will the team of 7 days to die will use this lamp to explore underwater with scubba diving or diving suit with oxigen tanks ?

The yelow lamp because have a big and better light instead the regular ?

minute 1:35 - 35 second -

The lamp has bigger and brighter light to explore more easier all the sewers on every city and explored the big sinked ship underwater

Since it is ont a sinked sub so it will be a sinked ship with containers to explore

Also if they fix this:

Explore underwater

underwater system with aligators, squids ( perhaps ) and piranhas

suba diving or diving suit - can fix also - radiation suit

oxigen tank to explore underwater - can fix also - Oxigen tank to explore some radiated zones

In my spite of view all of this. Perhaps it will be possible ? I guess ?

:)

I preffer also the same info and / or update in all plataforms.

In my spite of view if there are any update on tweeter, also all plataforms, facebook and 7 days to die forum also need the same info.

I don't have tweter account and don't want to have a tweeter account to have a special update.

Also thanks for the aditional info. I didn't have the extra info of the new trees also photo attached.

I suggest to all plataforms have the same info, I will not create a tweeter account to have special info like the one above.

I did not knew that info, photo and the new trees.

Thanks for that link very much. I did not knew that info. :)

Also I am waiting the underground with sewers to explore, aligators to kill and on the street have iron circles to enter on sewers entrance beneath the city.

The sinked ship and lost containers to explore underwater missions

Oxigen tanks, swiming suit and the exact lantern like the video that has the lantern above the tiny drawer or mini desk

The buggy

The upgradable armoured buddy

The pickup truck

The mini van ( similar to the A-team) painted white for the maximum 4 players

Motocross Motorcicle for two player ( Dirt bike )

Minigun ( sistem similar of the auger ) (Heavy machine gun )

Water colector ( collect water from the rain )

Pipe sistem to drain, colect water from river and to deliver to the base ( water problem fixes )

Perhaps some squids, aligator zombies and then some more also piranha don't forget piranha it is important in some rivers

The 3 new camouflages: Zombies will be more smarter since the new option will be available, run at day and walk at night. Since crouching at this moment or hiding on a wall, or tree it is so limited. They will notice and atack player too.

Third camouflage I don't know any special info at this moment

Instead showing 7 days to die I hope the team place the alpha 17 urgent, since they at minimum confirm the camouflage sistem

I hope I will not be a spoiler alert

:)

I would agree that all communications should be on one platform like this forum and others should be secondary. I have and use twitter but it should have landed here first :)

on the sewer and gators...there was a great mod in A14.x that added a sewer system to Navasgane but no Gators.

this game meant to be first person, it doesnt need third person view, it breaks immersion of the game.

That is why an option would be great.

If you want to play 1st play 1st. If you want to play in 3rd play in 3rd.

I also don't have a Twitter or Facebook account so I only get my update info from this thread. If he doesn't want to have to deal with the nay sayers (and it's a shame that he had to) he can just quickly log in, post the update info and log out. No muss no fuss. It is a pity to not be able to log in in peace on your own forum.

Yeah. Why would one bother about giving updates in the development blog? That would be so unorthodox.

Maybe there should be more forum-guards! You know. Those who filter out anything which isn't straight up praise, so that the developers aren't exposed to that sort of heresy?

This blog was never a pure blog. Otherwise the appointed forum-guards, especially Roland, would have to delete everything except developer comments and maybe posts that directly refer to those comments. Surely not what you want, is it?

From time to time developers actually post here, but the frequency of their posting or of MMs videos is neither set somewhere nor some customary right we have. You posit yourself as a rebel when you critique that frequency, but by having no right to it you and everyone else is just a petitioner. A petitioner to my knowledge has to ask nicely or shouldn't be surprised at not getting what he wants. Making a ♥♥♥♥storm because you are not getting what you have no right for is more like an extortion attempt. I see no heroic deed in that.

If people should succeed by constant nagging to make MM eventually give out another video, this is analoguous to a child you placate because it cries for 20 minutes, not because that child is right. Meanwhile other people are nerved or even cringe at all the nagging posts.

I never heard you giving a rational argument why TFP is bound to give out information at a frequency that satisfies you. Did I miss that? :smile-new:

The idea was to avoid using colliders due to their cost.

A collider is simply a bounding box linked to the physics, you're exchanging one system for exactly the same one but with extra work unless you're ignoring the built-in unity physics altogether. The only time you'd save a significant amount of system resources is if there are a lot of them and you've micro-optimized your system which is again extra work. The idea of using planes instead of boxes is an interesting one but that would be a different system entirely.

You might save some system resources by implementing a simpler and cruder physics engine but that's a separate idea from colliders. The two are often used together but by no means is one required by the other.

Hello 7 days to die team could you please place this on game ?

Since there are mods to choose the profession on mods, could you please place that on vanila game ?

In my spite of view I hope the team of 7 days to die input on the game:

Also I am waiting the underground with sewers to explore, aligators zombies to kill and on the street have iron circles to enter on sewers entrance beneath the city.

Insects like spiders, bees and bugs radiated too

The sinked ship and lost containers to explore underwater missions on rivers

Oxigen tanks, swiming suit and the exact lantern ( see link beneath 1:35 the lamp showed on video ) that has the lantern above the tiny drawer or mini desk.

The buggy ( BLACK or GREY WITH METAL PIPES )

The upgradable armoured buggy ( because the first image the chassi, skeleton or body will be very exposed and weak too and easy to head shot player who drives it)

The pickup truck Painted RED, BLUE or WHITE

The mini van ( similar to the A-team) painted WHITE for the maximum 4 players ( also attached with door at side that slides too )

Motocross Motorcicle for two player ( Dirt bike ) - painted ORANGE or RED - and new colors will be possible to add ? ( new system colours - Red, orange, blue, yelow or green ? )

Minigun ( sistem similar of the auger ) (Heavy machine gun ) ( Terminator movie minigun )

Water colector ( collect water from the rain from the roof because at the end of the roof it will have the metal things at the end of the rood )

Third camouflage I don't know any special info at this moment ( perhaps it will adapt more every biome like the snow or desert biome

The Semy truck ( american semy truck ) to drive

The bus truck to drive

The caravan to drive

Ambulance to drive too

Fishing fish too :)

More new parts for the Motor system ( engine will be buildable if attached some parts )

Instead showing 7 days to die I hope the team place the alpha 17 playable urgent, since they at minimum confirm the camouflage sistem

Will the team of 7 days to die will use this lamp to explore underwater with scubba diving or diving suit with oxigen tanks ?

The yelow lamp because have a big and better light instead the regular ?

minute 1:35 - 35 second -

The lamp has bigger and brighter light to explore more easier all the sewers on every city and explored the big sinked ship underwater

Since it is ont a sinked sub so it will be a sinked ship with containers to explore

Wood elevator for one player

Metal or steel service elevator for 4 players inside to transport also to place vehicles to transport to the top of the roof ?

Also if they fix this:

Underwater biome

Explore underwater

underwater system with aligators, squids ( perhaps ) and piranhas

suba diving or diving suit - can fix also - radiation suit

oxigen tank to explore underwater - can fix also - Oxigen tank to explore some radiated zones

I was hoping a lots of faith to have the present from the team of 7 days to die to place the alpha 17, but I did not recieve or any player that kind of present .... I guess so.... :(

In my spite of view all of this. Perhaps it will be possible ? I guess ?

Archived