Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

We just use a height map, so you can use Gaia or world machine, 3ds, etc to make your height map (or photoshop) and import it in as a raw file. Once its in unity you can edit it with the standard unity editing tools, paint etc.

Will 7days be set up to import custom maps in a17?

A copy and paste of my comment on youtube-

This video has made me even more excited for the alpha. I honestly can't wait to get my hands on this, I hope the vehicles become modable too at some point. Would love to take the shovel/bumper thingy off of the front of the motorbike! I know it isn't going to happen, but the bike is gorgeous without that thing on the front of it. (Even if it would be useless for running zombies over without it).

Honestly, great work Joel. I love this game, and have bought it for me, my girlfriend and even my baby sister. Would happily buy it again if I had someone else to play with! hahaha.

P.S. Pleaseeeee bring back the Behemoth in some fashion. I've got a world with 90+ hours on in insane, and none of us have died once. The base is impregnable. My girlfriend would kill me for asking this, as she's scared of the game as it is, but it'd be so enjoyable to have a real threat to the base. Something that can just rip walls apart and charge through.

Thanks again TFP. Brilliant game.

Like always you guys make awesome improvements to the game. Removing the quality from weapons and discontinuing weapon parts will make the game a lot better and more fun. Now everything will be about the mods which makes it feel like a true RPG imo.

Can`t wait to see what else you have to show later on.

Yes now you just craft guns from forged iron, mechanical parts, wood, plastic, etc, then loot or buy mods to modify them.

Great video. I needed that. I'm assuming to be able to craft these they will still be locked behind schematics and some sort of skill/level system, right?

I noticed some legendary zombies on your spawn menu. Please tell me the Legendary Zombie Business Man is Christian Bale with an ax and a raincoat.

Like always you guys make awesome improvements to the game. Removing the quality from weapons and discontinuing weapon parts will make the game a lot better and more fun. Now everything will be about the mods which makes it feel like a true RPG imo.

Can`t wait to see what else you have to show later on.

I don't think quality was removed. It's just less granular. All "blue" pistols would have same base stats instead of a sliding scale based on where it is in the "blue" range. At least that was the way I took his explanation.

I'm still sitting here hoping there will be a post one day where he shows off throwing weapons like knives haha.

You can throw both rocks AND turds, so that should be pretty easily doable. Hm.

- - - Updated - - -

...makes note to add throwing knives to my medieval mod...

That building is the first place I will go to if I can find it! :)

What would be fun is a forum leader board.

1. Everyone take that building at the end if the video.

2. Same settings, Ironman if they got it.

3. Winners are:

-Best looking improvements.

-Longest lived.

-Best team.

-Best video.

It's pretty substantial. Essentially you guys will be able to customize your weapons in about every aspect. Reload speed, scopes, silencers, range, larger magazines, switch to fully auto, semi auto or single shot, etc. Of course lower quality weapons have less free mod slots, so their customization is more limited.

Will brass still be in limited supply?

Shift toggles run instead of having to hold it down. Pinkies rejoice! 3/20/18

### Please tell me we can choose for Toggle or on Hold. I love having it Hold while running, give better control to me.

Lol...just goes to show that EVERY change will disappoint someone. :)

EDIT: Just tried it out and it is very responsive. Move forward with w and just tap shift and you start running. As soon as you stop pressing w you return to walking. So it is not a toggle in the sense that you have to press it once to start running and then again to walk. You just press shift to start running and then when you stop moving forward you stop running. It is very intuitive. You can keep your finger on shift the whole time if you want the same feel as before.

You can throw both rocks AND turds, so that should be pretty easily doable. Hm.

- - - Updated - - -

...makes note to add throwing knives to my medieval mod...

So replacing Action0 on the hunting knife with this works for throwing the knife, but it doesn't cause damage. Perhaps A17 will fix this.

<property class="Action0"> <!-- AttackAction -->
				<property name="Class" value="ThrowAway"/>
				<property name="Delay" value="1.2"/>
				<property name="Throw_strength_default" value="8"/>
				<property name="Throw_strength_max" value="25"/>
				<property name="Max_strain_time" value="1.5"/>
				<property name="Sound_start" value="swoosh"/>
</property>

Lol...just goes to show that EVERY change will disappoint someone. :)

EDIT: Just tried it out and it is very responsive. Move forward with w and just tap shift and you start running. As soon as you stop pressing w you return to walking. So it is not a toggle in the sense that you have to press it once to start running and then again to walk. You just press shift to start running and then when you stop moving forward you stop running. It is very intuitive. You can keep your finger on shift the whole time if you want the same feel as before.

I agree you cannot make everyone happy. Actually I have been playing some FPS games before I switch to this and I kind of have habit to keep pressing shift for running and then leave shift to walk, the process you define is not bad, but I have to leave w and then press again to walk, it is not run -> walk -> run it is run -> stop ->walk -> run -> stop..

Nice video! Thanks!

I saw some bugs with the zombie behavior; the first Arlene zombie you shot down turned around on the ground whilst downed. That is a known issue, I hope? Also; what's up with all the jumping Arlene zombies when you showed off the scoped AK74?

About the terrain editing: you said you have never seen such bluffs before. They look like the terrain bugs we have in A16 when POI's are placed in the world. But nice in general!

And: #wholenewgame

And so now it's confirmed; A17 is beta? Damn.

Hi Devs,

First of all, great game, I love it :) Alpha 17 improvements looks really nice, can't wait.

Just one question regarding electricity: Do you plan any improvements? For example currently if I want to chain up a solar bank --> battery bank --> the whole electricity network, it will drain the batteries as it should on nights, but it only uses the solar banks max output at day. Also the same applies when I want to chain more battery banks, the smallest output will limit the whole network, but in real life it just use the battery. Also it would be nice to have multiple inputs for battery bank. For example if the solar power is not enough, the generator can be turned on without rewireing. Maybe a "low power" indicator for the battery bank to automate switching between solar & gas charging.

Some more electicity switches should be nice like alternate switches to create more creative networks :)

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Archived