Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I always feel bad for kids whose birthdays coincide with big holidays like Halloween or Christmas....

Yeah, my kids birthdays are in November and even that is too close to Christmas. I've always felt they get cheated every year because it's hard to buy for 2 birthdays and then turn around and buy Christmas three weeks later.

@Aldranon - I am liking that the bar is moving at a steady pace, it would be interesting to have experimental drop around my kids birthday, they like watching me play, and that sounds like it could be a fun POI idea that could spawn near the water complete with a dock and everything, they could add in a rare loot item of fish to cook up as a pretense to fishing lol

I remember I bought my wife and daughter computers and desks and moved everything in my computer room because they watched me play Diablo 2 sometimes. We played on and off for years... very good memories. :)

I always feel bad for kids whose birthdays coincide with big holidays like Halloween or Christmas....

Born on Dec 28 here. You should be ! ;)

New dialog system is what have always been on my mind, simple and clear.

Quests in PvP could be challenge if someone can see the last taken quest and runs after the poor dude to take all. Good job, thank you !

Is anyone getting the release date joke part of my statement? I hate explaining a joke so I'll just say I don't really feel bad for those kids....

its funny, becouse tfp work so slow, and fishing is still a huge question. hahahah we laugh so hard. jokes are the best

Dialogue system. Craftable guns are legit too though, bro.

Joel, in the video description, you wrote: "My video recording software is still on the fritz so Prime recorded this one."

Recently, NVIDIA released a driver update package. This could cause failure of the program Shadowplay. Try to roll back the driver version ago. In this case, everything should work as before.

A lot of polls are about opinions and assumptions.

Game features can be complex and dependent on a whole host of other features so you could have some fun imagining different versions of what the options in those recent polls actually mean.

If someone voted for zip lines... and it turns out you cannot craft or install new ones... that's still what you voted for. You voted for your assumption of what those 2 words would mean.

A lot of polls are about opinions and assumptions.

Game features can be complex and dependent on a whole host of other features so you could have some fun imagining different versions of what the options in those recent polls actually mean.

If someone voted for zip lines... and it turns out you cannot craft or install new ones... that's still what you voted for. You voted for your assumption of what those 2 words would mean.

More generally, people want what is fun. But what they think will be fun, doesn't always pan out.

More generally, people want what is fun. But what they think will be fun, doesn't always pan out.

And that's why the Pimps making 7DTD so moddable is so very important. By the time the game releases this will be the best value in gaming ever created.

But that's my opinion. :p

And that's why the Pimps making 7DTD so moddable is so very important. By the time the game releases this will be the best value in gaming ever created.

But that's my opinion. :p

For vanilla, I recommend a Stellaris type of flexible game start. If you can make your own faction.

For other factions, instead of the race build options, make that the faction build options the computer uses to build other factions. A completely new random game every time!

Nice to hear your voice, Prime. See, I though Joel sounded a little different today ;)

Quests from traders is a welcomed addition to the game :)

Looking forward to A17. You guys are the best game developers by far!

Is anyone getting the release date joke part of my statement? I hate explaining a joke so I'll just say I don't really feel bad for those kids....

Yes, some of us did. We just choose to hold our ROFL's off screen. (Like your "I'm friends with Einstein" ego needs any assistance. Next, you'll be wanting airships in the game...)

My wife's 60th birthday is April 17th. (this really needs to be very special) Nothing would mean more to her than to know her husband would be letting her do whatever she wanted, as he would be 'testing' some video game, with a 'waiting to die for' version release that is synchronized with her birthday. (A17! DUH?!)

btw - Trader Joel doesn't have 'boobs'. As traders will be nigh impossible to kill, he's just wearing his superman suit under normal clothing. (And, no, you can't use the suit in the game, as it has a block id that's so long - there can be only one. It's even nicknamed the 'Super Highlander Block ID'... Joel actually had to wrap the id around the trader object many times. Thus adding to the illusion of a stuffed 'top'.)

Thank you for the additional info, MM and Prime.

Archived