Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The real question is , will Bicycles have upgrade slots and can you attach playing cards to make it sound like a motorcycle? ;)

Also , will there be any major wipeout with a bike involving high speed collisions with debris? can't remember how many times I ate ♥♥♥♥ flying off a bike in elementary school trying to ride over , or into stupid things...

plus...just have to say...

BOATS BITCHES!!!

Yeah I hear you man! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Player animations look really fluid. Did someone say boats!? This preview was pretty exciting, thanks MM!

..(lol car) you called it.

Yes, please :tickled_pink: and a bicycle bell.

Yes I did call it! lol

The real question is , will Bicycles have upgrade slots and can you attach playing cards to make it sound like a motorcycle? ;)

Also , will there be any major wipeout with a bike involving high speed collisions with debris? can't remember how many times I ate ♥♥♥♥ flying off a bike in elementary school trying to ride over , or into stupid things...

plus...just have to say...

BOATS BITCHES!!!

LOL. For you..

image.gif

Loving seeing the new content of the houses with the skyscraper like puzzles/mazes the new mo cap, and the new vehicles. A16 too way too long to kick out and fix, and the game has kind of stagnated really needing some of the fixes like ai and smell... so this is a VERY welcome breath of fresh air!

Please don't be overly ambitious for a17.. the new houses alone would be fine for a quicker update as long as they were in rgw paired with the ai stealth and smell fixes to tide us over for a while. That would give you more breathing space to work on the vehicles and mo cap enhancements for the update after that.

Will the larger vehicles be able to damage blocks? Could make for some interesting tactics if that's the case.

That might be interesting, but only if there is a risk of too much damage and an explosion as a result... he hee!

My only concern is on a 4 player server, everyone driving minibikes can cause all sorts of issues because the game can't keep up. If the new vehicles are faster, the game will slow to a crawl.

There also has to be a driving need for the new vehicles...If there isn't any advantage to them to mnake them unique to gameplay, they are just eye candy.

If you get a bike by day 10, and a minibike by day 20, the other vehicles would have to be in later game stages, and once you go past day 50 or so, you can't keep up with resources to stop the increased horde difficulty. Later game difficulty is good, but if it becomes a no win situation, there isn't any reason to play later game where you would finally be able to use these new vehicles.

The early game challenge is leveling, collecting, and establishing a base.. if you have a bike too early, it might make resource gathering too easy too fast.

I hope the game developement flow chart has something like:

You need a bike: for this reason

You want to upgrade to a chopper: for this reason. (Maybe it could have front mounted blades, or a mini gun or shotgun for drive by horde reduction?)

You want a car or offroad vehicle: for this reason.

(Hmm.. maybe the cars would be good for multi player transportation only for road travel, getting stuck off road (like in real life) and the offroad vehicles would be the reason to upgrade to them so you wouldn't be restricted to road travel?

Sorry for the rambling.. its late.

I blame Joel for getting me stoked again!

- - - Updated - - -

grrrr hate you so much.

how can you show us this month before next release......

smilie_gr_129.gif

It could be next June! A month is nothing...lol!

As much as I love the new additions to the game....i still feel that the loss of the Behemoth takes away from the late game needs of the game...Yes the additions add alot to the game...but the game still hits that wall. We need some additions that will make the base a bit more insecure...or exploration a bit more dangerous for the well equipped player. I think that the late game stuff is what will make or break the game.

Yes...best zombie game I have played.

Yes... best development team..listens to players... sometimes.

There needs to be more for the late stages of the game.

Challenges and Deterrents........unfortunately the ones we saw have been removed or not even explored.

Behemoth...removed

Bandits...mentioned but nothing in the works that we have seen.

Sorry...love the game but ...that wall is a dead end right now.

Regards

Ouch

Just to clarify for you noobs, MM did NOT say boats or the gyrocopter were coming for A17...only that they were coming, so don't hype yourself up (unless it's for the awesomeness that was that video of course!)

Good job Joel, my jaw dropped when I saw those player animations.

Just to clarify for you noobs, MM did NOT say boats or the gyrocopter were coming for A17...only that they were coming, so don't hype yourself up (unless it's for the awesomeness that was that video of course!)

I thought he said next up will be boats.

I noticed he was talking about the power attack system which made me think of shields with small melee weapons or pistols. You wouldn't see someone wielding a bow, assault rifle , or sniper rifle with riot shield but club or pistol is very reasonable. Very good at clearing tight spots but like all armor slows you down.

Could be equipable item that can not equipped when using two hand weapons or tools.

shield.jpg

This.

Unless we get some clarification from Joel that contradicts the following, this is what I understand:

Bicycle is a definite for A17.

Motorcycle is a definite for A17.

The 4-wheel Jeep is currently a drawing and they are beginning work on it while using current cars in the editor as placeholders for the jeep to get the physics and collisions worked out. The jeep is a maybe for A17.

Repairing and driving existing cars as a feature is unkown. I got the impression that the devs are just using them as temporary placeholders but I could be wrong. I've never seen the feature of repairing and driving the cars listed anywhere but they might decide to do it if they are getting the cars up and going as placeholders anyway. It certainly is an often requested feature by the fans. I've asked Joel about this and am waiting to see what he says on the subject.

Boats and Gyrocopters are low priority goals so shouldn't be expected for A17 but depending on how things go they could end up being a nice surprise.

Man I think the A17 hype train has to boarding passengers at this point after seeing madmoles latest video - can't wait for vehicle progression, and I so hope the helicopter makes it into A17 too!!! :D

One could hope. But I don't see it happening until A18...... but what would be nice once they add boats it might not be to hard to do but add a land/water vehicle in game. I'm sure it probably could be done now but just easier once boats gets added then you could mode it easier.

This.

Unless we get some clarification from Joel that contradicts the following, this is what I understand:

Bicycle is a definite for A17.

Motorcycle is a definite for A17.

The 4-wheel Jeep is currently a drawing and they are beginning work on it while using current cars in the editor as placeholders for the jeep to get the physics and collisions worked out. The jeep is a maybe for A17.

Repairing and driving existing cars as a feature is unkown. I got the impression that the devs are just using them as temporary placeholders but I could be wrong. I've never seen the feature of repairing and driving the cars listed anywhere but they might decide to do it if they are getting the cars up and going as placeholders anyway. It certainly is an often requested feature by the fans. I've asked Joel about this and am waiting to see what he says on the subject.

Boats and Gyrocopters are low priority goals so shouldn't be expected for A17 but depending on how things go they could end up being a nice surprise.

Thank you for this. I have gotten into the habit of avoiding this thread altogether but your initial post edits and all of your posts in here (well most of them ;) ) are all I need to get me the info I need. Have fun everyone tearing apart every last word MM says.

BTW just my two cents I was amazed and in love with every single thing in this video. Very excited for the future of the game after seeing it. So many possibilities now. In Pimps We Trust forever.

Archived