Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

@Faatal

Unity question.

Whenever I assign rigidbody's to entities, they still don't ragdoll. I have both Gravity and Kinematic checked. Would you mind posting your Rigidbody Inspector screen?

Is Kinematic is set in code.

This is zombieStandardArleneRagdoll prefab:

7dtdArleneHipsInspector.JPG.08d63ef0ab390cef140fa10351e6a3db.JPG

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but should we expect a new build tonight?

We had a new test build yesterday, that I started a new game on last night, but no builds today, so it probably won't be until next week when a new experimental gets released.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25922[/ATTACH]

Found this POI for Day7, had so much fun in it I've decided to make it home-camp. Having an absolute blast with A17 -- thank you Pimps! Need to lay out more spikes, and luckily a trader right next to me has a cement mixer so concrete blocks are going up. Those cars are rather tough for walls, and are rather cool for atmosphere. Dug myself an entrance/exit tunnel. Hitting gamestage 85 or so, no deaths so far; gonna see if the new difficulty can keep up with me ;)

That is the same place I setup camp last night in the new game I started.

Is Kinematic is set in code.

This is zombieStandardArleneRagdoll prefab:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25927[/ATTACH]

Why set Kehematic in code? Hm, must be some other disconnect... Custom imported models plank when dead. And I have to set Kenematic there or they fall through the earth. :)

I really appreciate you taking the time for the capture though.

That is the same place I setup camp last night in the new game I started.

Nice, it's awesome. Just survived the day 28 horde in it. I'm going to make it my permanent base for this run. Surrounded it with spikes and made a tunnel to get in and out of. Working on putting concrete around the outside to keep the cars alive. Make sure you take care to make the platform around the radio tower mostly unreachable by zombies haha. Was my mistake on day 14. I love that POI

Feedback/balance issue: punishing me for wanting to mine and build? Single Player perspective.

I feel like a17 208 is punishing me for choosing to want to mine and build up my base. at first i felt like the game was encouraging us to slay and explore, and it is...but when i want to build, mine, and gather resources for the purpose of just wanting to build things, try a base early-mid game base, and so on...

i feel like i'm being forced to instead level exploration perks and other things. we don't get much of any XP for mining, building, upgrading, and i don't even get XP if i'm not watching the forge or workbench.

We just discussed this today. I agree there is little incentive to build vs just taking over a strong building. We have ideas to balance that out, but that will take time. Experimental is not a polished version of the game. Polish takes implementation, testing, discussing and repeating as many times as it takes.

We just discussed this today. I agree there is little incentive to build vs just taking over a strong building. We have ideas to balance that out, but that will take time. Experimental is not a polished version of the game. Polish takes implementation, testing, discussing and repeating as many times as it takes.

Yeah, although I get a ton of xp for upgrading iron or concrete walls, wood and such gives little to nothing. Maybe give a little boost there? Would be tricky to balance crafting XP, but that may help a lot.

Yes, Random Gen worlds are garbage compared to A16.. and yes the vehicles are SLOW as crap, but that's easy to mod. I wonder why they are so slow. I mean is that the fix for them falling through the world? All this new vehicle code and they had to slow them to down to a crawl to get them to not fall through the ground?

Vehicles may seem slow to you, but the faster speed ones are faster than the A16 minibike was. We can't just make them any speed we feel like, because at some point they will out run chunk loading speed and halt movement. Now imagine 8+ people driving in different locations on a server and it can make for a bad experience.

Faatal: We ran into a weird pathing ai issue you might be able to address. We saw it repeatedly over and over again on a horde night, so we know its a "thing"

We were up on top of the mausoleum in the cemetary on day 14 horde night. After the zombies break down some wall sections, they climb up on the walls and run along the top of them trying to get to us.

Thats great, BUT something we didnt see in the last experimental, was when we hit one along the wall. We would see them fall down to the ground, but when they got back up, they were magically back up on the top of the wall, 3 blocks tall.

Either the fall off collision is wrong, or if they are knocked off they should repath back up to the point where they can access the wall again.

Zombies teleporting around is almost always a MP desync or lag problem.

Vehicles may seem slow to you, but the faster speed ones are faster than the A16 minibike was. We can't just make them any speed we feel like, because at some point they will out run chunk loading speed and halt movement. Now imagine 8+ people driving in different locations on a server and it can make for a bad experience.

Thanks, and sorry for being an ass. Also., Didnt think they were faster than the minibike in A16.

Why set Kehematic in code? Hm, must be some other disconnect... Custom imported models plank when dead. And I have to set Kenematic there or they fall through the earth. :)

I really appreciate you taking the time for the capture though.

Because Kinematic is on when Rigidbodies are driven through animation. Off when gravity and collisions move them as happens when in ragdoll.

Will looting become meaningful again? Because right now (with the parts system gone) there is no point in going into a big POI, you can get everything you need from a small house with a gun safe. Later on the need to loot is gone pretty much entirely. There's no real motivation to explore or loot. Just kill zombies... That's it.

Maybe the Pimps need to stop POI completely collapsing in the way they are doing right now. Collapsing buildings do not seemingly kill zombies, and does little else but destroy ones game..

Its fun the first building or two watching it collapse but now they just bring the game to a breaking level of play and thats bad. One building starts and frames tank to I seen to as low as 18fps. The game becomes a jerking mess and if your in the midst of engaging zombies or dogs bye bye.

Hello could someone explain to me how to remove destroyed buildings from cities in A17. please

Augler and pickaxe?..

Yeah, had fresh 16.4 play on other PC during week. Was pretty usual: couple of forges at Day 2, workbench at Day 3, death from night Screamer seeing me trough door during 3-4 night, horde on bedrock level on day 7... And then my progress tanked cuz few fancy houses I have around my house and those I was expecting to destroy to flatten out earth appeared to have concrete/brick foundation... With early Iron pickaxe that would take a while, so I started digging.

BTW, faatah, I didn't noticed it yet in A17: was zombies seeing trough doors was fixed?

@faatal, have you seen this Steam thread: Passive Base Challenge?

What are the thoughts on some of those designs people have put forth (I especially liked the chain lightning stairs of wire traps one person put up. Looked like it would be a nice night of fireworks.)

I think its comical that TFP tried to eliminate base exploits and just made it 100x worse lol

Archived