Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

and the modders! We have some gifted people that mod this game and I'm looking forward to what they create. :)

You`d better prepare your marina for all the new of us that will visit then. I can make a contract for beer distribution anywhere you have one :)

- - - Updated - - -

I lost everything...

The best start of new survival story.

Well, not for me anymore. My game was long and calm search for recipes, night grind for skills, lategame way to 600 all I have, sustaining big and beautiful farm... Now all that gone. There are no recipes I loved, there are no skills to learn by doing, there are no quality levels to aim for, there are no intence in farming due to farming itself being watered down incredibly and wellness gone... There are even no gore piles to smash after night wandering horde killed itself on steel log spikes around my house.

I lost everything...

Don't worry, Guppies team and Jacks team are probably doing the Vulcan mind meld on the game right now.

Gup has filled is dipper with the code "to get a feel for it". That's code, right? :)

I have a philosophical question :)

What exactly are you suppose to do against a dog horde on day 2?

Or is it suppose to be a random event of certain death?

In A16 there was at least a chance of escaping or fighting them.

Easy...keep barbed wire fences on your toolbelt. Thru stew great for stopping any runner, like ferals and wolves.

The best start of new survival story.

Did that so many times. And will do it again. And I geniunely like many of new things A17 bringed. I just don't understand many of changes that wasn't nesseccary as for me. Why change food/water and wellness so much? Why take out learn by doing? Why watering down farming? Why changind temp management to that casual filth? Dam, why even change stamina usage on hits?! It was perfectly sane to hit weaker when you was approaching minimum. Now it's standart "collect X from minimum and hit, hold to repeat". Why? For what?

Did that so many times. And will do it again. And I geniunely like many of new things A17 bringed. I just don't understand many of changes that wasn't nesseccary as for me. Why change food/water and wellness so much? Why take out learn by doing? Why watering down farming? Why changind temp management to that casual filth? Dam, why even change stamina usage on hits?! It was perfectly sane to hit weaker when you was approaching minimum. Now it's standart "collect X from minimum and hit, hold to repeat". Why? For what?

We are all puzzled in the beginning of something new and thats what makes us humans right ? Be brave.

We are all puzzled in the beginning of something new and thats what makes us humans right ? Be brave.

I never was too much of a victim of duckling syndrome. And many changes I can appreciate. But I don't like to adapt for changes to WORSE as I see them. I don't understand them, I don't like them, I don't see why they were nesseccary.

You`d better prepare your marina for all the new of us that will visit then. I can make a contract for beer distribution anywhere you have one :)

I cant find Al's Marina in Navazgane! I suspect that my last surviving business partner, Mr Hamsoon, left with my head chef, who is the only one I know that can make "meat like substances" taste less like crap than any other person!

Its a dark, dark day indeed. Not the marina, the last hope for a ham sandwich left with Mr Hamsoon!

:)

Suggestions:

1) Please add a dps stat to ranged and melee that takes into consideration things like the players current firerate delay and reload time.

2) please include a tooltip something to the effect of this: https://i.imgur.com/9oWVQdM.png so that i the player can make slightly better decisions.

3) replace (or make optional) the comparison stat system from relative numbers that say (+1) to absolute numbers like this: https://i.imgur.com/Ka6p9r9.png

4) oh and add a way for me to select the quality level of an item on the Cheat Menu item spawner: https://i.imgur.com/mh4Z5Rf.png

I never was too much of a victim of duckling syndrome. And many changes I can appreciate. But I don't like to adapt for changes to WORSE as I see them. I don't understand them, I don't like them, I don't see why they were nesseccary.

I get you man, but welcome to A17, A18 is next.

Open your eyes then. Start actually thinking about why they made Food n water matter more, like it does iRL, why they removed a Unbelievable Grind (i dont want to shoot 500.000.000 rounds of a shotgun to get better with it). They made changes that enhance the overall experience of playing this now even better Game in both terms of Realism and Gameplay.

Zombies dig down: Awsome

Still, Z's can dig trough hard materials like concrete or stone or even worse iron?! comon. They have no tools, they use their hands, feets, teeth or whatever but there should be a SEVERE change in how they can dig or claw trough blocks.

The Z's are WAY to powerful as it is now.

There should be a balancing thing you can put as a option to the server how bad they are at beating blocks!!

This game is all what a real apocalyptic life can be but the Z's should never be this strong/badass with just hands beating blocks like this imo.

Please look into this! It is a game breaking thing and should be an option to slide from 'badass' to 'reality with some mod' at beating blocks for Z's. They should always be able to break blocks for sure. but the harder blocks takes ALOT longer to break!! Thats what im saying.

I has always enjoyed beeing a cave-rat digging and building in secret underground. I'v made huge and complex experimental underground base buildings until a17 where there is no longer a chance or even worth the time to do it.

Also the way Z's smell what is below ground is to overkill.... come on! digging from +70 down to bedrock at +3. then make tunneling away to place forges etc.. during horde night day 7 as a test, at 00:30 they dig down fall in from roof where my forges are in pineforrest biome.. that is pure STONE from +40 down to +3 atleast...

Im sure there are LOTS of ppl like digging and hiding their precious bases.. we must be able to maintain this still.

I love ALOT in a17... ALOT!!!, just saying that above needs attention and look into!

//Cheers!!

Still, Z's can dig trough hard materials like concrete or stone or even worse iron?! comon. They have no tools, they use their hands, feets, teeth or whatever but there should be a SEVERE change in how they can dig or claw trough blocks.

There should be a balancing thing you can put as a option to the server how bad they are at beating blocks!!

This game is all what a real apocalyptic life can be but the Z's should never be this strong/badass with just hands beating blocks like this imo.

Please look into this! It is a game breaking thing and should be an option to slide from 'badass' to 'reality with some mod' at beating blocks for Z's. They should always be abloe to break blocks for sure. but the harder blocks takes ALOT longer to break!! Thats what im saying.

I has always enjoyed beeing a cave-rat digging and building in secret underground. I'v made huge and complex experimental underground base buildings until a17 where there is no longer a chance or even worth the time to do it.

Also the way Z's smell what is below ground is to overkill.... come on! digging from +70 down to bedrock at +3. then make tunneling away to place forges etc.. during horde night day 7 as a test, at 00:30 they dig down fall in from roof where my forges are in pineforrest biome.. that is pure STONE from +40 down to +3 atleast...

Im sure there are LOTS of ppl like digging and hiding their precious bases.. we must be able to maintain this still.

I love ALOT in a17... ALOT!!!, just saying that above needs attention and look into!

//Cheers!!

I think TFP made it that way so you can't live underground because it's kind of exploit. But a side effect of this is that zombies sometimes will climb a wall of my base (normal overground base) if a wall on the first floor is like 1 block wider from the wall on the second floor or something like that and start beating down and break through everything super fast. If zombies have super speed while beating downwards then they should never attack downwards if you're at their level (+-2 blocks).

BTW, another one. Clay.

Why they had to change that?! We had perfectly sane system: most ground is groud (well, we all know ground, it's that black or dark brown thing that spilling out when dry and gets messy when wet) and clay exits (light brown or grey thing that is either solid or soft and ♥♥♥♥fing). It was adequate, useful and handy. Now EVERYTHING is clay. For what?! Previous clay was hard to find? It was unbalanced? Unrealistic? This is optimisation to get one type of generated block out? Or something else?

Please look into this! It is a game breaking thing and should be an option to slide from 'badass' to 'reality with some mod' at beating blocks for Z's. They should always be possible to break blocks for sure. but the harder blocks takes ALOT longer to break!! Thats what im saying.

//Cheers!!

I love how the pimps have built the game around stats. Its all just numbers and percentages, buffs, ect. This is all pretty easy to change in the xml to suit your tastes. If you think the Z's do too much block damage, its not hard to change I'm sure.

I thought a cool feature would be block damage comes at a cost. So they can do alot of damage, but it eventually kills them or their arms fall off or something.

Open your eyes then. Start actually thinking about why they made Food n water matter more, like it does iRL, why they removed a Unbelievable Grind (i dont want to shoot 500.000.000 rounds of a shotgun to get better with it). They made changes that enhance the overall experience of playing this now even better Game in both terms of Realism and Gameplay.

Food and water matter more now, but hardly more realistic. I am not losing my survivability 10 minutes after I ate. 10 hours? Probably. 20 hours? Pretty indeed. But not like now.

And don't tell me about REALISM in new system. You ARE getting better with shooting while shooting IRL. You won't be better at shooting after chopping down 200 trees. You won't chop down trees better after shooting 2000 bullets into zombies. And THIS is what we have now.

They could've made it so: shooting with any gun makes you better at shooting with guns (or shooting with any gun gives you points to spend at weapon perks (Marksmanship perks). Or meleeing, chopping trees, mining (muscle activity) gives you points to spend on skills/perks that requite muscle power (most of the perks from the strength tree)

@Faatal I think the NVG are broken. It doesn't illuminate anything at all, just gives everything a green tint in the sky, ground is still pitch black. They started doing that at b199. Not sure if maybe one of the graphics settings fix it, or if something got mistakenly tweaked with it.

Well, I created a nice terrain map in grayscale and 8-bit saved as a TGA from Photoshop. Tried to load it and I get an error:

2018-11-28T14:20:23 54.923 INF Started thread GenerateChunks

Exception: TGA texture had non 32/24 bit depth.

I opened a DTM that RWG had created for a new game today and PS showed it as RGBA at 8-bit. So, I converted to RGBA at 8-bit and I still get the same error.

And, is there a way I can drop my height map and biome map into a folder and then have RWG locate the water, POIs and roads?

I cant find Al's Marina in Navazgane! I suspect that my last surviving business partner, Mr Hamsoon, left with my head chef, who is the only one I know that can make "meat like substances" taste less like crap than any other person!

Its a dark, dark day indeed. Not the marina, the last hope for a ham sandwich left with Mr Hamsoon!

:)

Give me their coordinates. I will meat the fastards ;)

For the love of all that is good please stop saying this or that is not realistic. It is not realistic that you can carry thousands and thousands of stone in a backpack. It is not realistic that when you die you are magically transported to your sleeping bag. It is not realistic that food does not go bad sitting in a storage box lol.

It is a game people. Enjoy it lol

Archived