Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Ok, feedback on the latest exp...

Loot is possibly too good now. I have all the parts for a minibike and a spare battery and engine on day 7 with 2 garage lootings. (LOVE the new garage poi, BTW.)

We are on Day 6 and haven't gotten jack squat for loot, so just because you are getting good loot does not mean that everyone is.

its on the round table. we are all having beer and pizza over it. we sent out invitations but no on rsvp'd.

no but seriously, the devs have been discussing this tho (only without the beer and pizza). :)

No beer and pizza??? Well no wonder it's taking so long. ;) Just kidding, if they had that, they wouldn't get anything done. Well not game wise anyways lol.

We are on Day 6 and haven't gotten jack squat for loot, so just because you are getting good loot does not mean that everyone is.

"jack squat" ... he was removed from the loot table :) couldnt pass that one up :)

question i HAVE to ask... new map, loot spawn set at default, type of game sp/mp and many people?

i too am getting way too much at default setting but that would/should be okay for several people in game at same time.

its on the round table. we are all having beer and pizza over it. we sent out invitations but no on rsvp'd.

no but seriously, the devs have been discussing this tho (only without the beer and pizza). :)

Summary: Pizza and beer missing

Version: fresh

Platform: table

OS/Version: n/a

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Did you start a new game? yes

Did you validate your files? yes

Are you using any mods? no

Bug Description: Somehow everyone forget ordering beer and pizza

Reproduce steps: Don't order beer and pizza

Actual result: Hunger and thirst

Expected result: Everyone well fed

jack squat was removed from the loot table. :) couldnt pass that one up :)

question i HAVE to ask... new map, loot spawn set at default, type of game sp/mp and many people?

i too am getting way too much at default setting but that would/should be okay for several people in game at same time.

Using defaults on RWG i got most firearms (except magnum and sniper) in the first shotgun messiah i spawned next to. On a different map i didnt get anything good in 2 full days of looting. Weapons are a little too easy to find IMO, could be dialed back 50%

nice :)

- - - Updated - - -

Can you find Clay in the desert?

funny you should ask... i was just testing something couple minutes ago and yes.. i got clay from digging in desert, i was usuing the stone shovel and iron shovel. :)

funny you should ask... i was just testing something couple minutes ago and yes.. i got clay from digging in desert, i was usuing the stone shovel and iron shovel. :)

From where? We have dedicated clay exits in desert before, but since now clay is not really a thing...

How about a steadily increasing giger counter sound the loser you get? Immersive, shouldn't impact performance, and should be easily to add, since biomes already have their own sound effects.

:D nicely done

I tried to imagine the round table with beer and pizza but my FOV is forced to 65 so I can't fully see it. :)

So uh, has there been any round table discussion about bringing back the FOV setting for A17 stable?

Probably not since it kills performance, and performance as it is is already a huge issue. They need to optimise first before they can even think of adding it back.

You can already change it manually.. search back and you'll see the posts.. but as I said, performance slows down to a crawl, so odds are you've restore it to vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

"jack squat" ... he was removed from the loot table :) couldnt pass that one up :)

Its not that I'm getting a lot, its that I'm getting higher quality loot like the minibike parts... I did invest in the first loot perk though.

- - - Updated - - -

Mulling over changes, it makes sense guns are easy to find post zombie apocalypse. Ammo is tougher to find which makes sense, and the mods to improve them are even rarer. If you look at it this way, the current changes make a lot more sense.

Thanks faatal, in terms of the bug impacting poi performance is that being worked on? It's not in the known issues notes and it isn't about optimisations (it's broken vs needs refinement).

Thanks

Lot of things are being worked on and a lot more are on lists.

I was really looking forward to the Alpha 17. I looked every day into the forum for month, to see when it will be released. But now that I can play it, the level restrictions in the skill system and this debuff after dying spoil the joy of playing completely. I will stop playing the game for these two reasons. But since I'm only a single player, you have not to care.

You may want to wait at least until stable to judge the alpha........ just sayin'

Zombie pathing has improved but still needs work.

Most of the time zombie's are better at pathing but still get confused in the following areas:

1. Smaller blocks like 4x4 beams.

2. Multiple floors.

Zombie's get stuck an smaller blocks and try to smash through them. But it would have been better to walk around them.

I saw a zombie try to dig through the floor when it could have just gone down the stairs. I made a bug report (see bug report b99) for this one.

Both of these problems happened at the information center.

I pretty sure some of the small blocks need to be tagged differently, so a data issue.

The floor issue is a task I already have.

new RWG map, loot set at default, mp, 2 people. Just haven't run into any cities yet where we spawned and setup a temp base and the few POIs we have around us haven't much of anything and so far only 1 zed out of 200 and some has dropped any loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you find Clay in the desert?

Nope. You have to dig in another biome to get clay soil.

For the love of all that is good please stop saying this or that is not realistic. It is not realistic that you can carry thousands and thousands of stone in a backpack. It is not realistic that when you die you are magically transported to your sleeping bag. It is not realistic that food does not go bad sitting in a storage box lol.

It is a game people. Enjoy it lol

I'd guess most of the game is not realistic. Zombies are not realistic.

I think lot drops from zombies is about 4 times more common now. I have one point in the lot park, and in two gas stations, I have all the parts for a mini bike on day 4, plus an extra engine and battery.

Same as before:

<property name="LootDropProb" value="0.02"/>

My theory on the missing skyscrapers... until they can complete the building interior culling, they are too hard a hit performance wise, so they pulled them temporarily.

#scrapergate

No POIs have been pulled that I know of.

Did you not watch the video UnholyJoe posted in response to Lonestar showing digging clay in the desert?

No because of time constraints it's either watch videos or play and I would rather play. Also I was still playing catch-up when I replied.

Archived