Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Is the iron club supposed to do more damage than the wooden club, as per the description?

good you mentioned this, I forgot I had to change that

also foods, different meat options all give 10 max stamina, that's just my assumption but I imagine they should have different values

What is the reason behind removing stainless steel? I'm honestly curious about this

It was a 5th wheel in the upgrade chains with a marginal increase using a resource with an unreliable supply on a very long resupply interval.

Back in the day it was intended as an incentive to visit traders which is no longer relevant.

It was a 5th wheel in the upgrade chains with a marginal increase using a resource with an unreliable supply on a very long resupply interval.

Back in the day it was intended as an incentive to visit traders which is no longer relevant.

Hmmm plans in order to add something else or is it completely scrapped like tungsten was back in the day of earlier alphas?

@Devs

I'm kinda confused about the Mod Slots on Tools/Armor and Weapons.

Can they roll random based on the Quality of the Item (for example an Shotgun Quality 6 can roll 1-5 Slots) or should they have a +1 mod starting from Quality 2 ?

Because i saw Quality 2 Tools without mods while other Quality 2 Tools had Mods.

Just a Question does playing Experimental effect our Stats on Steam .. like death or zombie count ? or it is not attach yet until release.

As long as you aren't in debug mode nor do you have creative menu option turned on, what you do will count toward steam achievements.

Don't you just dig about 6 inches?

*Hand over Frederick the Granite*

Here, with this comment you win guardianship of Frederick for today.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the size of the outcrop, it's the composition.

^^ IfyouknowwhatImean

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting ? But awesome !

That feeling when you have to wait for your wife to get her make-up and clothing done, when you are already late for your dinner appointment? That feels like a thousand years to a geologist.

I can't see the LOCK icon beside the ATTRIBUTES. The PERKS have them, but not the ATTRIBUTES. Using b208.

I think showing the LEVEL requirements for the ATTRIBUTES would be good, even if it just showed up as a HELP or INFO button.

Great game so far,

Thanks Pimps - good job

Pretty sure that is only true if you are moving from a setting that is not pushing your GPU at all. So there is no performance gain to be had and the work in down scaling will cause a little degradation in performance. Normally that overhead is buried in the performance gain but if your card is not being pushed at all then there is no where for it to be buried. (Note: I have not watched the video yet.)

Under some situations, if you lower the settings too much, it will cause your CPU to start doing a lot more work and you could pin one or more cores to 100%. I'll have to find the video again for everyone.

Once again, why can't this be combined with the gun part system. Why not appeal to both groups, the one who like the gun part system and the one that likes to find fully assembled guns?

To do that, make guns much rarer and never prefect. Have them fully assembled (maybe make parts too damaged to use and in need of repair) but still with parts? I mean, I'm not a big fan of having full guns handed to you but this seems like a good mix.

Because that's almost exactly what A16 was?

I don't want parts to come back. It was tedious and boring. It wasted too much storage space. It didn't add anything of value to the game. The current system is much better--they did a great job with this change.

You said "we". How many people? What are your levels? Were you in a party? What do you have blood moon count set to?

There was 3 of us, one was 24 I was 20 and the other was 14. Blood moon was set on default (8). So we are leveling too fast? I had a couple other friends join the server off and on but I don't think they got over level 10 and weren't on on the 7th day. yes there was 3 of us in the party at the time.

@Devs

I'm kinda confused about the Mod Slots on Tools/Armor and Weapons.

Can they roll random based on the Quality of the Item (for example an Shotgun Quality 6 can roll 1-5 Slots) or should they have a +1 mod starting from Quality 2 ?

Because i saw Quality 2 Tools without mods while other Quality 2 Tools had Mods.

I've been meaning to ask this too. In my last playthrough I was building high quality items, only to find out some of them only had one mod slot, or none at all. Blue quality sledgehammer with only one slot, blue SMG with none, blue military armor with one slot, etc.

I am extremely sad that I had to uninstall alpha 17 because of the lack of a run-toggle option for controller users.

Please understand that it hurts to hold down that particular button--I am using an official xbox one controller. It is difficult to keep pressed down to the point where it is painful/requires shifting my hand so my palm presses it instead of my thumb (which disallows use of other buttons). Maybe this is because my hands are small because I am female, but this truly makes the game unplayable.

I play 7 Days to Die on PC. I am a PC gamer that HAS to use a controller because of disability.

I saw other people in this thread mention this same problem to no avail. Without being able to reassign the run button, or switch on a toggle option, Alpha 17 is unplayable. I can't run from zombies.

I love 7 Days to Die and want to be able to play with everyone else despite my disability. I always research what games have controller support before buying them, as mapping with external programs is not the same. To me, such a huge quality of life issue for controller users does not qualify as the "full controller support" the game lists on steam.

This may sound like whining to some, but I would not be wasting my time signing up to the forum and making this post if 1. This issue didn't truly impact me enough to make the game unplayable 2. I didn't want to continue loving and playing the game.

Thanks for reading.

I totally understand where you're coming from. It literally HURTS to run in game now. My thumb feels like it's sprained every day and I only am able to play maybe an hour at a time before it starts to ache. I SO hope they fix this. I want to play and enjoy the game like every one else.

Archived