Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I kinda dislike the new challenges. In A16 we had to go to snow biome and find lamberjacks there, or some spiders. Now we just 'spawn' them to kill. Feels very artificial and not 'open-worldy'.

Just last night I went to a snow biome and there were lumberjacks. Oh you mean the scroll quest things, gotcha. I gave up using those a while back because I could never find enough to kill to complete them. Maybe ill try them again

Just played a few hours again, and one thing I noticed tonight that I didn't really appreciate before was the torches.

Remember in A16 when they only threw off this kind of sickly yellow light everywhere? Well that's vastly toned down. The flame animation is also 100% better.

Yea, lights in general seem to have been toned down. The mining helm is about useless past a few blocks out.

anyone having problems with repairing your tools while crafting other stuff?

Like, sometimes it cheats the queue and goes ahead everything that is being done, while other times it's added to the end of the queue

I can't seem to find a pattern

Yeah, I can confirm what you've noticed. Likewise, I can't give enough info to reliably reproduce it.

I kinda dislike the new challenges. In A16 we had to go to snow biome and find lamberjacks there, or some spiders. Now we just 'spawn' them to kill. Feels very artificial and not 'open-worldy'.

Yeah, but the spider challenge is awesome. Especially the first time you experience it.

I tend to b*tch on about the difficulty, but I think the change to the spiders is good.

Oh please, in A16, after 2 weeks maximum, my routine was:

-mine coal

-mine nitrate

-get wood

-get stones

-get food/water

-kill animals on the way

-get fuel from cars

After more weeks, I was high enough to craft steel and every single day was the same, with an obvious exeption.

Day 7 : prepare for the night.

Day 7k+1 : repair the base. There was no reason to loot anyway. Now, at least, I try to kill zombies

Oh please, in A16, after 2 weeks maximum, my routine was:

-mine coal

-mine nitrate

-get wood

-get stones

-get food/water

-kill animals on the way

-get fuel from cars

After more weeks, I was high enough to craft steel and every single day was the same, with an obvious exeption.

Day 7 : prepare for the night.

Day 7k+1 : repair the base. There was no reason to loot anyway. Now, at least, I try to kill zombies

IF you are not a builder, I think first 7days are as easy as, kill zombie, find a POI roof to stay, on day one. Then find a bridge, make it horde base it is so damn easy up there on bridge. just make 250 arrows if you are good shooter, as you get about 50 zed to kill on horde night, so 5 per zed is arrow count. don't enter in lot of POI, just pick easy one, don't go to houses much as they have most of fall trap that can get you kill, Ease targets are working stiff, Crack a book, Pass n gas,(those singe floor commerical buildings) good loot and ease as compare to new dungeon poi house. if you are good at meleeing you survive for 10 days with ease with this small guide.

The incentives for complex POI looting has been hit hard. We need some serious rewards applied to this game in the form of special loot items.

Not more guns or general stuff but maybe unique clothing so we can wear our achievements.

Collectible customisable items like trophies etc. NoMansSky gets this right by giving us so many things to collect making us 'want' to go searching.

Us humans are like magpies when it comes to collecting stuff. 🙂

The incentives for complex POI looting has been hit hard. We need some serious rewards applied to this game in the form of special loot items.

Not more guns or general stuff but maybe unique clothing so we can wear our achievements.

Collectible customisable items like trophies etc. NoMansSky gets this right by giving us so many things to collect making us 'want' to go searching.

Us humans are like magpies when it comes to collecting stuff.

Yeah, I agree. The loot system could use a bit of a change there. I started afresh game and found a compound bow, hunting rifle, two wrenches, a bunch of ammo on day 1 and found an AK in a house on day 2 lol. Agreed on special clothing or something of the like, and maybe limit good loot such as powerful guns and such only to major buildings. My guess would be special loot containers?

I was really looking forward to the Alpha 17. I looked every day into the forum for month, to see when it will be released. But now that I can play it, the level restrictions in the skill system and this debuff after dying spoil the joy of playing completely. I will stop playing the game for these two reasons. But since I'm only a single player, you have not to care.

Well B208

Nice to see that fps now stays stable when entering buildings :)

But fps still is way lower then in a16 (because of all new textures?) .. in a16 playing in 1600res got around 40fps now in a17 getting around only 10fps or lower .. it starts to get playable only when I set it to 640res with lowest setting and only then I getting 40fps without lag&stutter (looks like very old ps2 game in those settings ..)

Bleeding buff also cuts fps in half .. srsly? from 40 to 20fps ... oh cmon, remove that blurry filter ''fps eater ..''

New looting system for me seems way too booring .. killing zeds only for xp aint not much fun ( and hoping for 1 loot bag from ~50 zeds .. )

New weapon/tool tier system also feels kind of booring, one u get something u yust keep repairing it without woory of quality loss or broking apart .. no more feeling rewarded when u manage to find few points higher quality stuff that gives some minor stat improvments ..

A17 still feels nice & devs have put a wonderfull job in it :)

for now ima sticking with a16 and WotW mod :) if A16 would have improved zed pathing system like a17, all these new vehicles & mods it would be perfect :)

And all those who said a16 has too mutch item clutter and too much managing .. well that was & is fun part of the game, you feel rewardes when u loot, u need to craft storages to store ur stuff and so on ( theres a reason to build, think manage .. )

Textures technically shouldn't cause fps loss. They go into vram and don't really stress out the core speed at all. It's usually geometry/mesh or background calculations with regards graphic fx and such.

Not sure what comes into play more so with block physics possibly CPU maybe as when I am close to collapsing structures the fps tank hard !

I think the GPU is being better utilised now in this build as I see maximum core usage usually everywhere I turn.

But even with a i7 4.50mhz and a 1080ti breaching over 2025mhz the game options have to be brought down hobbling graphically what otherwise is a beautiful looking game but one I can't have maxed out as it goes into the obscene 20fps region !!!! at certain points even now.

I left an official report, but is anyone else having problems with online play? Husband is his computer and I'm the host, but he keeps getting kicked out, due to some time out error in the log.

Yes we have the same problem.

Only with de dedicated server, if i make a server in the game itself. it works fine, but when i quit they al have to quit.

Hopefully this is getting fixed with the stable version.

Archived