Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

That's only your opinion.

I like to achieve all abilities on the long run so I can use different play styles.

Try it once, then tell us how it feels to be level 300, the chuck norris himself.

Replayablity is ♥♥♥♥ed up if they do that. Making every build viable in some way looks more intersting to me than grinding every game to level 300.

The ultimate idea : Give player max level 150 or so, then add a very rare magazine (quest drop or rare loot) which gives an extra permanent skill point.

This adds very late game grinding to eventually be the chuck norris, but keeps it capped for most of the time.

That's only your opinion.

I like to achieve all abilities on the long run so I can use different play styles.

yes it is, and this is the place the bug reporting thread told us to post our feedback to.

which is what i did with the suggestion of a levelcap.

I have a philosophical question :)

What exactly are you suppose to do against a dog horde on day 2?

Or is it suppose to be a random event of certain death?

In A16 there was at least a chance of escaping or fighting them.

turn around, start sprinting, and pray they get bored of you before you run out of stamina, thats about it.

Try it once, then tell us how it feels to be level 300, the chuck norris himself.

Replayablity is ♥♥♥♥ed up if they do that. Making every build viable in some way looks more intersting to me than grinding every game to level 300.

The ultimate idea : Give player max level 150 or so, then add a very rare magazine (quest drop or rare loot) which gives an extra permanent skill point.

This adds very late game grinding to eventually be the chuck norris, but keeps it capped for most of the time.

I tried it in creative. Go to try by yourself with BM on day 70+ (settime).

You need to be Chuck to fight what will come from the dark.

This also makes it so that you're not sure if a zombie is dead, since it's not saying "loot me" when you look at it.

Would be cool if they got further with that. Zombies could stopp moving for up to 10 seconds after beign beaten down.

some kind of deathfaking.

no no no, no deathfakeing. new system looks way better.

turn around, start sprinting, and pray they get bored of you before you run out of stamina, thats about it.

I was fighting a zombie indoors and I was dead in 2 seconds. I only saw the dogs through a blurry screen because the first bite from behind me made me bleed. The dog horde never made a sound prior to the first attack.

How the f did they navigate to my exact location is anybody's guess...

TFP please remove "buy" shortcut from the perk menu. I accidentally pressed "W" and bought "ninja movement" at level 7 - what a waste...

Or add an undo button for the first 5 seconds after a purchase or something...

Is there a way thorugh a console command to undo this??

I just started, had my trader in sight with a working forge, and a forge house right next to it also with a working forge!

I really like the idea of spawning near a trader now because I'm actually using them.

- - - Updated - - -

What the nerf happened?

I'm one-shotting deer in the first 30 mins with a bit of twine, some pebbles, and some twigs?

We always did that before using stealth.

I tried it in creative. Go to try by yourself with BM on day 70+ (settime).

You need to be Chuck to fight what will come from the dark.

You can still be chuck without maxing every perk. You don’t need all 5 levels of well insulated, the drinking, and eating perks to take on high level BM. Regardless, whatever the devs do some people will have to mod the game to their liking.

Are you really serious about the new magically appearing Zombie Bags? Really? It doesn't break immersivness in any way. Noooo. But seriously it just looks rediculous! Did I get it right that you can't get bones out of corpses anymore? Why is that?

They dropped the tedious corpse looting and clearing for performance and streamlined gameplay, and I LOVE that they're is a visual and audio cue when you get a rare zombie kill loot drop. I'm guessing both the pack and sound are just placeholders to test the system.

In A16.4 on MP Server you just had to REMOVE the savedgame folder. on A17 B208, some saved files seem to be elsewhere. can I get a list please?

I think you are probably talking about the World files. They are in \Data\Worlds\ on my PingPerfect server. I delete all the folders except Empty, Navezgane, and Playtesting. You could probably delete those as long as you do it before you update instead of after.

In A16.4 on MP Server you just had to REMOVE the savedgame folder. on A17 B208, some saved files seem to be elsewhere. can I get a list please?

try looking in your 7dtd base game folder in folder titled "...7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds" that is where your generated rwg files are. (thats where mine are)

however server rentals tend to do things different. :)

Thanks faatal, in terms of the bug impacting poi performance is that being worked on? It's not in the known issues notes and it isn't about optimisations (it's broken vs needs refinement).

Thanks

Fps drops from 60 to 20 is not good once we have stable fps this game will perfect 👌

try looking in your 7dtd base game folder in folder titled "...7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds" that is where your generated rwg files are. (thats where mine are)

however server rentals tend to do things different. :)

Maybe suggest they add that as an option in the launcher to be able to clear? It isn't exactly where people expect to find files. I would bet most people are just deleting their save game and thinking they are good but if you don't delete those World files I assume you won't get fixes for world generation. Also, as far as I know this is the first alpha 7 Days has had files in the base game folder structure that need to be manually deleted after an update.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

i just placed an improvement request for the launcher, thats all i can do. :)

its a habit for me to delete these myself thats why i never noticed it not in launcher.

anyone seen this in the server control panel ?

"Very high penalty applied. Are you sure negative values haven't underflowed? Penalty values this high could with long paths cause overflows and in some cases infinity loops because of that. Penalty value applied: 4294962296"

this happened during horde day 42->43 . max zombie=50 , bloodmoon count=12. previous horde nites have been weird too , with a different null error or something i saw in control panel. kinda seemed like it mightve been tied to my character. as i host the server and play on the same pc...

So I tried to start a new RWG with default settings just to check it (b208) . I couldn`t . Game crashes and the output is this : https://drive.google.com/open?id=11-660MHIKs5Vh9MgLdh2NbSBW6PoSEGK.

I tried 3 times same thing, every one after full wipe and game goes to desktop right before I get into the level and start playin.

If needed I could bring that to bug report thread.

Agreed. The gun parts setup was redundant. Ended up with piles of unusable gunparts in chests and was wondering to myself what @$$() was going around the apocalypse and taking all the guns apart like the biggest troll of all time.

Maybe all the looters that came before us? At least with the gun parts you had progression and could use those parts to repair your guns. Now you just get a gun from any gun safe. The quality is pointless really, it's just durability lvl 6 guns do just as much damage as a level one gun. Still can't see why we can't have gun parts and mods? The Starvation Mod already had this in A16. Also, won't you just end up with piles of useless mods instead?

You really should try the log spikes. I first started comparing and working with them to spikes in A-9.3 and they are much better.

The regular wood spikes are faster cheaper and quicker to deploy but they take damage when something hits them. They degrade quickly.

The log spikes are only damaged if you hit them but keep damaging as long as the thing being damaged is in range.

Ideally, you will want to dig a trench at least two spaces wide all-the-way around your fort. Then place the log spikes in the trench two spaces wide, same as the trench. This will insure maximum damage to your enemy's as they attack the fort because of them having to walk on them.

Zombies will attack the spikes but not so much and log spikes will last so much longer than the other type.

Plus you can upgrade them. If you have the metal, you can make medal log spikes which can save wood but cost a trainload in medal. They are better both in defense and offence but expensive.

My standart late base was big wall surrounded by layer of steel log spikes and another level of wood spikes. Was really great, ableit consumed a ♥♥♥♥load of time to get all that metall.

Archived