Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

For the love of all that is good please stop saying this or that is not realistic. It is not realistic that you can carry thousands and thousands of stone in a backpack. It is not realistic that when you die you are magically transported to your sleeping bag. It is not realistic that food does not go bad sitting in a storage box lol.

It is a game people. Enjoy it lol

has anyone actually gotten infected? the stamina hit on it is too nasty. I can do 1 power attack, and that is it from max to out of stamina. a little too op. reduce it by 20% please, I should have some penalty, but not a death penalty. went from 100 stam to 60, and a power attack with full 60 stam should not wipe me out of stamina. 1 or the other, but not both

Easy...keep barbed wire fences on your toolbelt. Thru stew great for stopping any runner, like ferals and wolves.

This only works if you see/hear them coming, I was dead before I could understand what happened.

The dogs came from behind and if you get 4 or 5 bites under a second, you can only survive if you have some gear on you. But that's not likely on day 2.

@joe

Since there are only so many "west juju mountain" names to be used, what's going to happen is, a random seed is going to generate a world, get the same name (thus the same world folder) and either overwrite a previous map that maybe people want to play, or blow up the game.

Already happened to me. It doesn't let you create a world with the same name.

Anyone knows what is the chance that zombies will drop loot? Cause it feels ridiculously low now. I know i would enjoy killing zombies much more if drop chamce was at least 5-10%.

Not trying to be an ass and don't take this wrong but it just might be me and a % of 7 day fans who think this way but why should the pimps have to tie a tbone around a zombies neck to get some one to want to kill it as it is a zombie killing game and the main reason we even have zombies is to just kill them before they kill us.

I see your point just think it takes away from the whole zombie exp as well as if zombies drop the loot no reason to go hunt and search for loot if it travels to you on legs.

I actually like that idea. It would be awesome to have a skill perk or two that you can put points in to do something to your base to increase durability. I'm not sure how it would be done, it makes my head hurt thinking about it .... but that would be an awesome skill.

Edit: and after rereading, that wasn't what was meant by the original poster. But I still like my idea. :D

I like this idea too... it could be performed using that same method used to copy your build to add to another world. Instead of copying what is in the area selected being saved, it could up the damage needed to break the blocks. Maybe make the area of effect smaller for lower levels and increase from there. Not a bad idea at all

I think lot drops from zombies is about 4 times more common now. I have one point in the lot park, and in two gas stations, I have all the parts for a mini bike on day 4, plus an extra engine and battery.

Imho, it would make more sense if they were bike parts, and the bike recipe unlock was a lower tier.

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, ...and u could have been very lucky, but progress development wise, I should be unlocking a bike long before a minibike.

Another thought about melee that would make it more realistic, can we get a partial shot on them if we are close enough, but miss a direct hit? Maybe half as much damage or so? That would be more realistic, ...and allow the zombies to be tougher, but give us another tool in fighting.

Also, did zombies become a easier to kill, or did I adapt to the new system already?

I seem to be killing then on nomad a lot easier than last week.

My theory on the missing skyscrapers... until they can complete the building interior culling, they are too hard a hit performance wise, so they pulled them temporarily.

#scrapergate

Lack of better inventory hauling options before the mid-game feels forced, and even if it's intentional it feels...i find it frustrating more than i find it challenging.

I do have a middle-ground though.

Carts. Sometime during the early game the player is able to craft or find a cart that they can push/pull. Even making the carts they find at marts usable for this purpose (randomize if they're broken or not, like you do with workbenches and such).

When the player is pulling/pushing the cart they sprint at a slower speed while moving the cart, and take 5 seconds to free themselves should they be attacked. Making it dangerous to use at night or while pvp/dogs/ferals are nearby as they'll be an easy target. The major upside is that the player can haul their loot over medium/long distances without having to move at a snails pace.

Add wooden carts that the player can craft at workbenches or saw tables, and give them a chance to find not broken grocery carts at marts and such. This encourages the player to explore for those workbenches or to find locations that have carts.

Can anyone confirm: concrete blocks still "no sell price"?

Concrete ID#403 = 10 DUKES to 20 blocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Lack of better inventory hauling options before the mid-game feels forced, and even if it's intentional it feels...i find it frustrating more than i find it challenging.

I do have a middle-ground though.

Carts. Sometime during the early game the player is able to craft or find a cart that they can push/pull. Even making the carts they find at marts usable for this purpose (randomize if they're broken or not, like you do with workbenches and such).

When the player is pulling/pushing the cart they sprint at a slower speed while moving the cart, and take 5 seconds to free themselves should they be attacked. Making it dangerous to use at night or while pvp/dogs/ferals are nearby as they'll be an easy target. The major upside is that the player can haul their loot over medium/long distances without having to move at a snails pace.

Add wooden carts that the player can craft at workbenches or saw tables, and give them a chance to find not broken grocery carts at marts and such. This encourages the player to explore for those workbenches or to find locations that have carts.

Why not a bicycle?

- - - Updated - - -

will Skyscrappers make their way into Alpha 17 stable? Please :fat:

What are you talking about?

I have a philosophical question :)

What exactly are you suppose to do against a dog horde on day 2?

Or is it suppose to be a random event of certain death?

In A16 there was at least a chance of escaping or fighting them.

if i even hear so much as a WOOF, i stop everything and GO.

don't look to see where they are, as long as they're not in front of you that's all that matters. get a little distance and weave around.

most i've had to deal with using this method since a15 is 1 or 2 fleeter of feet.

i imagine they don't have bicylces laying around because they don't want to balance for that.

having a separate cart item means balancing will be easier than having bicylces laying around.

Bicycle balance is borked anyway. You unlock it far too close to the minibike to be of any real use. Ideally it should be unlocked around level 10 to provide an early game vehicle.

I'm not sure why bicycles aren't scattered around with the cars, maybe the difference between a static entity which is essentially a block and an active entity such as a bicycle is why they aren't on the roads. I can foresee a similar problem with scattering them in garages and such.

Archived