Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I don't know if someone responded to this already, as I'm still trying to read through the backlog...but I would LOVE the introductions of actual seasons. Though it'd kill a certain aspect of "realism," I think it'd be great to have seasons that last either 15 or 30 days. Day 1 would start Spring, and you can plant and grow, as well as through Summer and Autumn. Maybe specific plants for specific seasons, though that might be harder to track. Would make winter, where you'd only have the fewest of cold-temp plants you could grow, a serious survival push. You'd have to be using heat, you'd risk drawing hordes to your base, and food and prep would pay off if you've done it, and you'd struggle hardcore if you haven't.

I don't know how difficult that would be to implement, but man...I'd LOVE it.

This was implemented in Starvation for 16.4. Give it a try and see what you think.

Yes, we would not replace 3rd with 1st, since i prefer 3rd for the all around visibility. 1st would be an extra.

The camera blends now. Not as jarring.

@faatal

Have to agree with Trankitas tho. Immersion is one of the best elements in 7dtd. Its a very immersive game. The 3rd person breaks that. I hope you guys will add an option for using 1st person in vehicles along the road in A17+, maybe before Alpha 18 in 2020. The ragdolling of zombies on car collisions and fixing of AI running in circles are all elements to improve immersion. 3rd person is kind of... weird in that regard. Also it gives you an advantage to see yourself in 3rd person. You can hide around a corner on your minibike and see people approaching who can't see you. Thats pretty much cheating by use of game mechanics. I hope this will be a server side option. Similar to how its done in DayZ, where theres 3 options. 1st person only, 3rd person only, or both.

About nerdpoling; as it was stated previously, even in the event that TFP removes that "cheat", players can still climb walls by using a stair step approach along the face of the wall. Or the other option would be to, instead of nerdpoling on one single stack of blocks, simply stack 2 columns together and just keep jumping up on the alternate block as you go up. So why should TFP waste the time and manpower on removing nerdpoling when they can fix other issues? If you don't personally like nerdpoling, don't do it. You don't want others you play with to do it, create a server for non-nerdpoling players.

I don't want nerdpoling removed from the game. I just want it acknowledged for the physical feat that it is by making it a perk. That seems fair. If I have spend a point to gain the ability to jump on top of a 2 meter wall it only seems consistent to spend a point to be able to jump and place a 1meter cube beneath me and then do it several times more with it all being perfectly balanced. I've seen Cirque du Soleil and the folks who can do stuff like nerdpoling spent at least a point of something to be able to do that...

I don't want nerdpoling removed from the game. I just want it acknowledged for the physical feat that it is by making it a perk. That seems fair. If I have spend a point to gain the ability to jump on top of a 2 meter wall it only seems consistent to spend a point to be able to jump and place a 1meter cube beneath me and then do it several times more with it all being perfectly balanced. I've seen Cirque du Soleil and the folks who can do stuff like nerdpoling spent at least a point of something to be able to do that...

Fair.

Nerdpoling as a skill seems legit.

My concern comes with all these extra skills that have been added to the game how everything is going to balance out with how many skill points you are awarded per level and how many levels there are max.

Question!

Empty loot containers are no longer lootable as there have been models implemented for empty containers like open cupboards and such (Love this)

1. Will these models update (change state) when they have been emptied by a player? (Either immediately or the next time the chunk loads)

2. When loot respawns, after so many days, does it re-randomize loot positions? ie. a cupboard that was an empty model changes to a lootable one?

Thanks a million for keeping us involved, me and my gf are suuuper stoked for the latest build :)

- - - Updated - - -

A question. Are new player animations going to be in a17?

I believe yes (I'm pretty sure it's on the feature list)

I don't know if someone responded to this already, as I'm still trying to read through the backlog...but I would LOVE the introductions of actual seasons. Though it'd kill a certain aspect of "realism," I think it'd be great to have seasons that last either 15 or 30 days. Day 1 would start Spring, and you can plant and grow, as well as through Summer and Autumn. Maybe specific plants for specific seasons, though that might be harder to track. Would make winter, where you'd only have the fewest of cold-temp plants you could grow, a serious survival push. You'd have to be using heat, you'd risk drawing hordes to your base, and food and prep would pay off if you've done it, and you'd struggle hardcore if you haven't.

I don't know how difficult that would be to implement, but man...I'd LOVE it.

oh yes ! Seasons :D

Seasons would give 7dtd a new survival aspect and it would make the game more realistic

i know there is already weather in the game but sometimes its just weird first its rains then snow and then again rain yes this can happen in real life too but seasons would give the game so much more realism

and what i would want in the game too

1. snowstorms

2. tornados

3. rainStorms

4. and near radioactive zones there could be acid rain so that you must find a house or something to survive

If you really want, you could pick up the vehicle and it'd just take up 1 slot, and lock X amount.. maybe Pimps should design a Tetris Inventory, like in Deus Ex.. ;x

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25339[/ATTACH]

I kinda like this idea!! Would make choosing what to take with you more interesting and complex. Would be nice to see the pimps add more involved mechanics and not so streamlined features.

what do you guys think about seasons ?

i had some ideas about seasons

1. winter and snowstorms could affect vehicles they could be harder to drive and the motor maybe stops if the temperature are too cold

2. zombies and players could slowed down if there is too much snow

3. thunderstorms could destroy trees and lightnight strikes could kill a unlucky player

4. acid rain near radioactive terrain can not only hurt players they could give them some diseases

i dont know if my ideas are good but i think that the blood moon would not be the only challenge anymore if some of my ideas find the way into the game.

Archived