Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I seeee :) thats cool .

Man, we should name this Alpha with a human name like a huricanes.. Like "the one that took too many time , but at all it was worth it" in one name. The Long Wait still goes on tho.

*Looks over shoulder to see if wife is looking*

Call it after my mother in law. Too late, and you never know what to expect.

- - - Updated - - -

He really should know, he is a train-ed moderator

*Points to the door*

GUPPY!

Don't play with me. the streamers are getting it Friday, like this Friday!

Well, I honestly have no clue, but it's a nice thing to say! Hell, I've been predicting its imminent release for what, 6 months now, not like I'm going to stop. Hell, I'll rick roll people successfully over this... =)

So NOT clicking that link, you magnificent b*st*rd.

...but people will. Even after having read me saying what I'd be doing. What I do every alpha release.

Thing is though, I have a gift... my bones ache when an alpha is fixing to drop. I'm usually within a day or two. This alpha broke me though.

...but people will. Even after having read me saying what I'd be doing. What I do every alpha release.

Thing is though, I have a gift... my bones ache when an alpha is fixing to drop. I'm usually within a day or two. This alpha broke me though.

The greatest blessings usually carry the greatest curses, my friend. ;)

"I'll take 'Things That Sound Deeper Than They Are,' for $500, Alex."

I agree Gup...i lost a liittle interest each month....it really needs to be released and knock my socks off!! We shall see. ..Almost fell for it too!! Nice try!!

Ouch

I agree Gup...i lost a liittle interest each month....it really needs to be released and knock my socks off!! We shall see. ..Almost fell for it too!! Nice try!!

Ouch

Well, it was 4,936,607 views, and now it's... more. But, I'm sure others are linking to that same stream. =)

Ouch

Agree. 7dtd is hands down the best game I have played...but the "meh" factor is pretty high right now.

I'm hoping "sock knocking" features that haven't been presented yet.

Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Ouch

Hell, I clicked Guppy's link just to see if it was the real thing or some special rick-roll of his own creation. :)

The greatest blessings usually carry the greatest curses, my friend. ;)

"I'll take 'Things That Sound Deeper Than They Are,' for $500, Alex."

An A17 zombie bear and a soon to be dead anonymous player were standing on a high bridge over a river, taking a pee...

Zombie bear: "Oooh! The water is cold!"

Anonymous player: "Yeah, and deep too!"

Never try to one up a zombie bear, they're going to kill you ether way, of course, but as they told me: "There are deaths and then, there are deaths." :)

A17 Tall bridges confirmed!!!

Sure, it could be done, but I don't how long it would take or if we would want to do it.

I can already imagine Prime's response...

Guys the train was just how I was feeling. Yesterday I was able to get on a server with the testers to try out some random gen multiplayer-- even Prime and Madmole showed up for a bit. For the most part my experience was stellar. There was a weird visual glitch with the ragdolling the first time a zombie goes down but nothing gamebreaking. With about seven or eight of us on I thought it ran great. Of course, I live in California and the server was based in Oregon so I was golden. Some of the guys farther away were not having as good an experience.

It's close. I still can't say "Definitely Not November" but I can say that it is looking for sure like Madmole's estimate that it would release before the end of this year is still on target. He told me yesterday when I was talking about all of you that he can't wait for you to get it. Rick told me that they will be having a meeting this afternoon and then he'll be able to tell me a date I can tell the streamers to be prepared for.

Sure, it could be done, but I don't how long it would take or if we would want to do it.

Great! Think about it for A18 maybe. I mean, it's not a really big game changer, BUT, maybe it may "Simulate" the item's weight. Example: For the player its the same carrying 40 backpack slots of cotton and 40 backpack slots of Ak's 47. What you think about that? Again, sorry for bad english.

Edit: Reading this post i noticed that i explained myself poorly. Sorry about that :bi_polo:

Agree. 7dtd is hands down the best game I have played...but the "meh" factor is pretty high right now.

I'm hoping "sock knocking" features that haven't been presented yet.

Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Im on the same boat. I know the pimps are working their butts off but that doesn't change the fact that this update took such a long time. I hope they improve the communication and efficiency of the team moving forward. I'm sure they want to work on many quality projects and not just 2 maybe three games as a team. There is always room to improve and as a fan I hope they can find their grove as a team. 7 days is my favorite game and its sad to see all the negative feedback everywhere. But its also important to see where they are coming from.

It's close. I still can't say "Definitely Not November" but I can say that it is looking for sure like Madmole's estimate that it would release before the end of this year is still on target. He told me yesterday when I was talking about all of you that he can't wait for you to get it. Rick told me that they will be having a meeting this afternoon and then he'll be able to tell me a date I can tell the streamers to be prepared for.

Not for nothing, my Thanksgiving will be very happy indeed if the streamers get it this Friday and we get it Monday (which I happen to have off). *crosses fingers*

Shoot, my Thanksgiving will be great if I just know when streamers would be looking to possibly get it, means then 3 days later, I HAVE IT.

@faatal

I don't remember if this has be talked about or not, but will 4x4s have more space for passengers at a future date? Or possibly a new vehicle that would? I, personally, haven't seen a jeep that couldn't fit 4 people.

Shoot, my Thanksgiving will be great if I just know when streamers would be looking to possibly get it, means then 3 days later, I HAVE IT.

@faatal

I don't remember if this has be talked about or not, but will 4x4s have more space for passengers at a future date? Or possibly a new vehicle that would? I, personally, haven't seen a jeep that couldn't fit 4 people.

The 4x4 has big exhaust pipes and a tire in the back, so there are only 2 seats. Yes, I would like to add more seating by using a mod, so you sit on the back with your feet hanging out. That probably wont come until A17+.

Archived