Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Reminds me of one of my scariest moments. When I was building my fort and not nearly done. I looked over yonder and see all these black things moving fast coming over the hill.

They were Dover-men pincers the zombie dogs used in the game and they were headed my way.

Have many similar moments, thats why i like doggies ingame. Last second bark (or many barks) before being bit is awesome.

Madmole has said (again) that he would eat his beard if it didn't come out before the end of the year. I am also very confident it will be out before the end of the year.

They are putting out 1-2 builds daily now which means they are killing lots of bugs and finishing up features and then getting those changes in the hands of the testers. It is close.

Does that constitute a promise? Not at all. Who can say whether something goes horribly wrong and it gets delayed? Nobody can foresee that. But barring any kind of unforeseeable catastrophe, people who purchase this game during the winter sale will be able to play Alpha 17.

If it doesn't, could we get a video of Madmole eating his beard? No video, didn't happen, lol.

A17-E.

I am somewhat confident that they can get the stable out as well before the end of the year but there are too many variable to know for sure. A16-E was completely stable for me but it crashed all over the place for others. How long it takes them to get A17-E to work for the largest number of players possible will determine how long it will take.

So Stable might not release until January but if it is a fast process to get everyone up to speed and the worst of the bugs nailed down it very may well be before the end of the year as well.

But I am very certain (as long as things continue as they are right now) A17-E will be out in 2018 for people to opt in and test. And really, that is what everyone wants right? to be able to try it out and see what's new? Even if you don't plan to test and do bug reports trying out all the new should tide most over to when stable does come out and long term games can begin in earnest.

Yeah, I'm one of those that don't report bugs that much unless it crashes my game, at least when it's experimental. Mainly because I know at least 50% of the players have all put in the same bug notice. Now when I get in a closed Alpha/Beta/Experimental, I'll report every bug I see since in a way that's my job when I signed up for it. I just want to play A17E, even as it is now with way worse bugs, lol.

Hey faatal, ,minibikes get stuck in barb wire and drivers can only rotate on the spot while taking damage. You sometimes can get out, but most times, you have to dismantle the minibike. Think you'll have time to address this?

Minibike physics in A17 work nothing like the old skate around the world like I'm a player on a board stuff from before.

Zombies would try to jump up on barbed wire like it was a block then they would float like caught in the Minecraft spider web. Now they don't jump but have a pain reaction. There was also a problem where zombies were always jumping on uneven terrain as though the next block over was a full block higher. They looked like bunny rabbits hopping all over the place. That is fixed now.

@Roland

Is a pain reaction real damage that slow or injures them or just animations? Thanks, I'm looking forward to all of these challenges...I do have to admit, I probably would have had a few(hundred) more deaths without those glitches :)

Madmole has said (again) that he would eat his beard if it didn't come out before the end of the year. I am also very confident it will be out before the end of the year.

They are putting out 1-2 builds daily now which means they are killing lots of bugs and finishing up features and then getting those changes in the hands of the testers. It is close.

Does that constitute a promise? Not at all. Who can say whether something goes horribly wrong and it gets delayed? Nobody can foresee that. But barring any kind of unforeseeable catastrophe, people who purchase this game during the winter sale will be able to play Alpha 17.

And serrate shavenly he itself at the turn of the year

MADMOLE/FAATAL

Two items that have never been addressed:

1- you can shoot through iron bars, but cant loot through them(if the zombie is close enough)

2- You CAN NOT shoot or loot through jail doors

Can you guys make this happen?? Looting through the bars would make it easier for base designs.

Regards

Ouch

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

@Roland

Is a pain reaction real damage that slow or injures them or just animations? Thanks, I'm looking forward to all of these challenges...I do have to admit, I probably would have had a few(hundred) more deaths without those glitches :)

Faatal posted that the pain reaction is to damage so probably.

MADMOLE/FAATAL

1- you can shoot through iron bars, but cant loot through them(if the zombie is close enough)

Can you guys make this happen?? Looting through the bars would make it easier for base designs.

Regards

Ouch

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

Sounds like a doable fix for alpha 17! I hope they fix it :fat:

MADMOLE/FAATAL

Regards

Ouch

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

you can shoot through jail doors. i used that many times, when looting pawn store.

"Definitely" implies more than some confidence, imho.

Out of curiosity, I don't want to start an argument, what would count as a 'promise', in your opinion?

If someone from TFP said, "I promise" followed by some statement. Almost any other wording would NOT be a promise.

@Roland

The point of barbed wire is to slow them down. A pain reaction is an animation. When in a pain anim they are not moving, so that would slow them down. Barbed wire still does 1 point of damage like it used to do.

MADMOLE/FAATAL

Regards

Ouch

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

So much yes man, very yes, many yeses to this. Yasss. Please.

The point of barbed wire is to slow them down. A pain reaction is an animation. When in a pain anim they are not moving, so that would slow them down. Barbed wire still does 1 point of damage like it used to do.

Thank you Faatal. Was just curious in which direction TFP was heading with these types of obstacles.

If someone from TFP said, "I promise" followed by some statement. Almost any other wording would NOT be a promise.

The legal term "Promise" is a type of contact and is not the same thing as the English word.

*** But who cares as long as its out before Christmas. :)

This is what I run

-System Parts List-

That is close to what I run, I just stuck a few extra upgrades in because (as my wife puts it) "I have more money than sense".

CASE - NZXT PHANTOM ATX Full Tower Computer Case, Black and Green

MOTHERBOARD - GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 (WiFi AC)

CHIPSET – Intel Core I7-8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 GHZ (6 Cores)

MEMORY - G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600

OPERATING SYSTEM- Windows 10 Pro

OPERATING SYSTEM HARD DRIVE- SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe 1.3 64L V-NAND

GAME HARD DRIVE- Crucial MX500 M.2 2280 1TB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive

MAIN STORAGE - 4x4TB drives in a Raid 1+0 External Array configuration (8TB usable space)

GRAPHICS CARD- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING, 11GB GDDR5X

CPU COOLER- NOCTUA NH-D14 (the discontinued Copper base/heatpipe version)

KEYBOARD- RIPJAWS KM780 RGB (it has onboard profile memory)

MOUSE- RIPJAWS MX780 RGB (it has onboard profile memory)

MONITOR- ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR 27” 2560x1440 + ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Black 27" 165Hz 2560x1440 + ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Black 27" 165Hz 2560x1440

Minibike physics in A17 work nothing like the old skate around the world like I'm a player on a board stuff from before.

Does the new code handle occurrences like vehicles falling though the terrain/blocks?

This can potentially happen with any (non perfect) game physics.

Handling in a way that the vehicle gets respawned on top of the terrain somehow, falling down to it. Or at some other safe place, like a previous position.

A17-E.

I am somewhat confident that they can get the stable out as well before the end of the year but there are too many variable to know for sure. A16-E was completely stable for me but it crashed all over the place for others. How long it takes them to get A17-E to work for the largest number of players possible will determine how long it will take.

So Stable might not release until January but if it is a fast process to get everyone up to speed and the worst of the bugs nailed down it very may well be before the end of the year as well.

But I am very certain (as long as things continue as they are right now) A17-E will be out in 2018 for people to opt in and test. And really, that is what everyone wants right? to be able to try it out and see what's new? Even if you don't plan to test and do bug reports trying out all the new should tide most over to when stable does come out and long term games can begin in earnest.

All I want for xmas is A17-E!

Okay, A17 would be better but I'll settle with E if necessary!

How about some changes in the last week:

Fall damage improvements.

Zombies dig better.

Vultures got tweaked.

Barbed wire was improved.

Zombies jump with more variety.

Spiders can now get to you better.

Cops vomit when they should and don't send extra spit to the north.

Great list of fixes! Go Pimps!

- - - Updated - - -

Some new stuff by pimps.

Nice art!

Archived