Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The game is very moddable, in fact I'm going to release my mod for making all non-zombie animals into friends, especially my wolf brothers and sisters, so you can all fight against the zombie hordes together. I've done this with A16 already and could release it now but would rather just wait for A17.

I remember making a mod in like a14/15 for followers had a nurse to but was code from another modder. Not that hard to move code to animals. ;-)

ghosts are going to be in 7 days to die

Ghosts (unkillable zombie ghosts) confirmed for a17

- - - Updated - - -

I wana tame a zombie and keep him in my house so I can recreate the ending of "Shaun of the dead"

Was done in a14 lol you could tame zombies. I and a few others used the nurse zombie where she follow you and heal you by hitting you lol

What do you mean angels? That guy with the 2 cartoon hands about to clap together and explode it like a blood sausage? And he's apparently completely oblivious to that given the smile.

You don't get old as a smiley if you don't keep your head on a swivel.

The entire point of this game is building a base or modifying en existing structure and defending it against hordes of zombies, now if you choose not to play it that way then that is a choice you make but you aren't playing the game like it was intended to be played.

Agree, but why force it ? If they want to force it then they give a Prebuilt base, and let you upgrade it like any FarmVille does, and send you horde and let you defend it. Every King of hill style game has it, but this game is different, it is open world. They advertise it as "Survival, horde crafting", so survive is first thing. If you can survive underground you should, defend horde, even if they are underground on horde night and let it pass, it is okay. They add digging zombie which is good way to overcome this. but you have to craft or you die.

Frankly I rather want them to limit the no of death to 5 in single player mode, before you lose game.

one little question to all that are against underground threats

why should we have bedrock at -57 in a SP\Coop game? with a bedrock cut in half or even 3\4 we could have a huge improve in performance

with non digging z's bedrock could be even at -10

that stop also the problem of people drawning to recover supply drops in lake

two birds with one stone :)

But many players love mining and building huge underground bases, so that would ruin the game for them.

I'm all for allowing people (through in-game tools or mods) the option to enjoy the apocalypse as they see fit, subject to the developers restrictions. If digging Z's, better pathing, giant ant mods, etc. add some other challenge to being underground, great. If you think the underground is dirty and for cowards, generate your world with less depth/higher water table. Play the game you want, with all the extra empty sky or higher mountains that grants you.

I think that nobody wants to be told their method of play is wrong, or that it should be expressly and intentionally denied. If the devs do it, for story, technical, or to meet their vision, the anguished cries might be no less, but it's their creation. I just think nobody wants someone else criticising the emergent gameplay and scenarios they enjoy.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the shiny new systems eventually. Oh, and I think drowning trying to reach supply drops is just one of those challenges that makes life sweeter. Your mileage may vary.

Because I am a writer, and this has been driving me nuts...

HOARD: (noun) a stock or store of money or valued objects, typically one that is secret or carefully guarded; or

(verb) to amass a store of money or valued objects, typically in secret.

HORDE: (noun) A large group of people. In this case, zombies who USED to be people.

If you are ever actually facing a zombie "hoard"...well...the zombies are smarter than you're giving them credit for being, and you are screwed.

So...we're facing zombie HORDES, not hoards. Unless you count the soon-to-be-diminished amount of zombie loot AFTER the bloodmoon, which could, I guess, be considered a "hoard" of sorts.

I'm not a writer, not even a native english speaker, but that one sometimes grinds my gears too. Generally, people who misspell words, while the very same words were spelled correctly 10000 times before in plain sight, piss me off on some level. Not enough to start correcting everyone, but enough to chime in when someone else does. :D

While you're at it: Could you also give the users of this forum a lecture on the correct use of the apostrophe? Specifically how it's NOT used for plurals of the vast majority of nouns. That seems to have become a rather pointless trend over the last years or so and it's happening here too.

And if you still have energy, there's always "there"/"their", "your"/"you're" situations, but those just seem to be a lost cause.

Youre all to picky about theyre grammar. Don't you guys wanna go back to the traditional #Gates come back. Like #HateStreamEventGate , #MadMoleSucksAtHisOwnGameGate, #RemoveZombieLootGate, #Crawl1MeterHoleGate, #IWantSpamCraftingBackGate, #AreWeThereYetGate, #CoughCoughVideoGate, #EmojiEqualsBugsGate, #AnythingYouCanThinkOfGate

Youre all to picky about theyre grammar. Don't you guys wanna go back to the traditional #Gates come back. Like #HateStreamEventGate , #MadMoleSucksAtHisOwnGameGate, #RemoveZombieLootGate, #Crawl1MeterHoleGate, #IWantSpamCraftingBackGate, #AreWeThereYetGate, #CoughCoughVideoGate, #EmojiEqualsBugsGate, #AnythingYouCanThinkOfGate

I love this #CoughCoughVideoGate,

I'm not a writer, not even a native english speaker, but that one sometimes grinds my gears too. Generally, people who misspell words, while the very same words were spelled correctly 10000 times before in plain sight, piss me off on some level. Not enough to start correcting everyone, but enough to chime in when someone else does. :D

While you're at it: Could you also give the users of this forum a lecture on the correct use of the apostrophe? Specifically how it's NOT used for plurals of the vast majority of nouns. That seems to have become a rather pointless trend over the last years or so and it's happening here too.

And if you still have energy, there's always "there"/"their", "your"/"you're" situations, but those just seem to be a lost cause.

I understand that other peoples gramma and misspelling can be annoying to some people, but with that said it is my opinion that it is your problem not theirs, as a Danish citizen living in Norway and dealing with English everyday, i feel that my language skills are ok, but i slip up more often than i care to admit, especially when things are going fast.

This forum is for all nationalities, and it is not always easy to write in a foreign language.

This forum is also for people who might have a writing or spelling disability, it is even for stupid people or those who do not care about gramma and spelling, it is a open forum for a game, and we all have a right to be here and write on it.

I did not check my gramma or my spelling when i wrote this, so it is proberbly full of mistakes :02.47-tranquillity: enjoy them and get use to it, because i am here to stay :smile-new:

Archived