Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Only time will tell! Maybe there's a limit to land-claim blocks! Or maybe the land claim blocks are gone, or the entire world is built on top of land claim blocks! O_O

Limiting the number of active land-claim blocks would be a good solution but you'd need a way of informing the player when they've placed too many.

The question that remains is:

How many blocks of flagstone can a Day 7 A17 hoard chew through?

If you can build your starter fort strong enough AND find enough food and water... Then everything will be fine.

Until day 14. :)

*** Unless the random night hoard thing it true, then things could get bad, quickly.

Unless it's an SSD. ;)

This is true, you'd need an MRI machine to bork one of those :-)

Huh, there you go. After a bit of research it turns out you can actually bork an SSD with a strong magnet as long as you wave it several times and fast enough. That generates an electric current which will change the state of the transistors.

The more you know...

This is what happens when people aren't given enough data to work from. This is the first we've heard that there may be some kind of limit on which POI's can be quest points.

I'm still not sure how secondary bases are going to be handled since you can only have a single bedroll active at any one time.

This is why community communication is important, insufficient data leads to flawed logic and misunderstandings.

After what Prime said, it sounds like you don't want a POI as a secondary base.

I never use a secondary base anyway, I was asking for those who do. I never use land-claim blocks or POI's for that matter :-)

Over many days, I will have:

- One Night Hoard base.

- Two Heat generating bases, one with the cheap forges and one with the expensive stations.

- Numerous small Loot Storage bases near large towns. Organizing my loot is a fun task I have. Remember: Too much loot, is just enough! :)

So yeah, by Day 100+ I have LOTS of secondary bases.

Over many days, I will have:

- One Night Hoard base.

- Two Heat generating bases, one with the cheap forges and one with the expensive stations.

- Numerous small Loot Storage bases near large towns. Organizing my loot is a fun task I have. Remember: Too much loot, is just enough! :)

So yeah, by Day 100+ I have LOTS of secondary bases.

And all of that will change in A17!

Or at least some of it. :3

All I want for xmas is radical game-changing A17! <3

And all of that will change in A17!

Or at least some of it. :3

All I want for xmas is radical game-changing A17! <3

Is heat no longer an issue? That would simplify things but might not be as fun.

If it still is an issue then my way IS the highway to success an win! :)

The trick is you don't want to stay too long at the heat bases.

This is true, you'd need an MRI machine to bork one of those :-)

Huh, there you go. After a bit of research it turns out you can actually bork an SSD with a strong magnet as long as you wave it several times and fast enough. That generates an electric current which will change the state of the transistors.

The more you know...

I actually did not know that. Today I learned something!

Girls, girls...you're both pretty...

Can we just agree to get along? :tickled_pink:

@The Gronk, @DUST2DEATH

I do seem to remember that somewhere back in recent pages, SOMEONE on the development staff made the statement that only the Dungeon-Leveled POIs would be able to be quest markers.

Given how vastly different these POIs are from the "normal" buildings we're used to (which will also remain in-game), it shouldn't be all that much of a stretch to avoid the POIs that could potentially be reset AND be able to find a non-DL'd POI you can base-over if you want to.

It's gon' be OOOOOOKAYYYYYYY.

*sigh*

I swear to god if you guys get deeper questing and our ability to add special quest pois changed or removed. I wish people would stop clinging on to ancient ideas like they are the holy grail of gameplay and just allow the ♥♥♥♥ing game to grow beyond Alpha 11.

Never in my life have i seen such a group of people who fret and pace over every...single...damn...piece of news. Like every single one is "the sky is falling".

I will take group questing and moddable quest locations over losing a few pois to take over ANY day of the week. And twice on Thursdays.

Nope. You're forcing it to be a problem. Dont build in a POI.. adapt.

Haha Adapt. That's a word that 70 percent of the 7 days fanbase fears more than SOON.

I'm truly curious how this problem has been solved. I can see a lot of butthurt if someone loses an entire satellite base through the actions of another players quest.

And Gronk, your fears were already addressed.

Hey everyone, just wanted to calm everyone down about this. The quests will not reset occupied POIs (bedroll-ed/land claimed/player inside). I'll try to post some more info when the last few details are finalized.

You can only have a single active bedroll and the land-claim system can exploited for griefing.

There's no better solution?

There may be but its not my game to develop. No one promised you the ability to take over 20 pois, have bedrolls and claims everywhere.

On SP you can claim as many pois as you wish. That will solve that problem. If you are talking griefing? Well what do you propose? You're already taking over a lootable POI which in MP is griefing on most servers ANYWAY. You're preventing loot spawns, so why not claim it? If you are living in it you have already devalued it.

As for bedrolls, they only work once now, so that doesn't change with 17 at all. Im still not sure what youre asking for as a compromise.

Archived