Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I don't understand what you were saying about the stun part, but I didn't mention the driver getting points for running zombies down. I was wondering if someone had knocked down a zombie with a car without killing it would you get point if you killed it with say a club or bow. I also said I noticed that the zombies almost stood up again right away so they don't seem to be really stunned.

Sorry, must have misunderstood you. I was going with that drivers would get skill points for running down a zombie, but I don't see that as fair as we aren't killing it, the car is. In stun, when a zombie hits us we are stunned and they can continue hitting us and we could die. If we hit them with a car that should stun them and give a passenger the chance to jump out and kill the zombie, which should let the player get skill points then, fair is fair in the area of stunning.

I was thinking that they would stand up but still for a second be stunned, giving the passenger time to reach out the window and club the zombie, shoot a gun or bow at it. If the zombie isn't stunned it can turn and hit at the passenger and stun them so they are then safe from being killed by said passenger.

Should have clarified better.

Sorry, must have misunderstood you. I was going with that drivers would get skill points for running down a zombie, but I don't see that as fair as we aren't killing it, the car is. In stun, when a zombie hits us we are stunned and they can continue hitting us and we could die. If we hit them with a car that should stun them and give a passenger the chance to jump out and kill the zombie, which should let the player get skill points then, fair is fair in the area of stunning.

I was thinking that they would stand up but still for a second be stunned, giving the passenger time to reach out the window and club the zombie, shoot a gun or bow at it. If the zombie isn't stunned it can turn and hit at the passenger and stun them so they are then safe from being killed by said passenger.

Should have clarified better.

No problem Janna :) Yeah I agree hitting them with cars shouldn't give you points. As for the stun. I noticed that when Madmole hit the zombies and knocked them down, to me at least, they seemed to almost get up right away and continue on. Anyway as they always tell us, it's a work in progress so will have to see when experimental comes out how it really works.

How's your shoulder by the way? You getting any time in on 7DTD?

@Gamida,

It's much better, thanks. Had to stop for a while as the angle I had my arm was impinging my shoulder, switched to a different physical therapy movement and it is doing better, will start back to playing in a few days. Bought a controller and will try to learn how to use it, Steam one is lousy, my son tried it out as I have never used one and he didn't like it, said I would find it frustrating.

When playing multiplayer and you watch someone else animating, your view of them is a 3rd person view. Go join a server and watch someone cross a stream and you’ll immediately understand why this game won’t go gold until that is improved.

Really now? Another lost moment of time, and joke/sarcasm.

@Gamida,

It's much better, thanks. Had to stop for a while as the angle I had my arm was impinging my shoulder, switched to a different physical therapy movement and it is doing better, will start back to playing in a few days. Bought a controller and will try to learn how to use it, Steam one is lousy, my son tried it out as I have never used one and he didn't like it, said I would find it frustrating.

Glad to hear you will soon be back at it...I would have gone nuts if I couldn't have played for a long period of time. I have never used a controller as I am a "keyboard and mouse" person, but I wish the way we drove the vehicles was better. Would love to be able to steer with the mouse and use w ans s keys for forwards and backwards and spacebar as brake.

Madmole,

Question about the new POIs...

With all the new different versions of buildings being put out...they are very cool by the way..

What changes in game allowed for the mass diversification?

Was it the new version of Unity ?

Was it skills of the new designers?

Time allowed ?

Combination?

Just wondering because the change is substantial...in design and content within the buildings themselves.

Regards

Ouch

How about giving us these new buildings for Christmas...none of the new systems until they are done...but the building content would be nice to open Christmas morning. Hint hint

How about giving us these new buildings for Christmas...none of the new systems until they are done...but the building content would be nice to open Christmas morning. Hint hint

Maybe they could add a Christmas tree to certain poi's with presents under them that we could loot lol....if it didn't offend non-christmas celebrating players of course...

It should explode with just one bullet, it's a gas barrel after all. I'm fine if arrows don't, but bullets definitely should.

Yeah, gas barrels don't actually explode when shot at though... well, they do in movies

Edit: it was answered already, redundant post

Flying is easy. All you have to do is throw yourself at the ground, and miss.

It's kind of like SI, once you've broken the physics they stay broken.

Lol, I must admit I've never thought of it like that before, but I like it. After all, I guess that is how we get satellites.

First time posting in a forum. Not sure if this is the right place or even what I'm doing.

I recently started playing VR games. I'd leave my real life and live to play 7days in VR. Let's make this happen.

As I recall, Madmole has stated that VR was one of the earlier goals of this game, but they decided to put off for a while to let other developers work out how to do it (since it's still an early technology). Then they would work on it once most of the kinks and problems get solved or worked out. Let's be honest, the free roaming/motion sickness aspect of VR certainly needs some innovation right now.

@ almightypmj

Motion Sikness is something you get used to as you play in VR. I played 7d2d with vorpx and 3d tridef, but with the first one it looks like a projection in front of the eyes and with the second one, it looks like in 3D but the performance goes down a lot. I want to try it with the new rendering engine and tridef but I do not have much hope. His would be a native vr version. I am sure that the VR community would appreciate this title, there are many youtubers in VR that test all the VR titles that fall into their hands and this is as good or more than any AAA. But time to time. At the moment I am very grateful to TFP for the great work they are doing, it's amazing.

First time posting in a forum. Not sure if this is the right place or even what I'm doing.

I recently started playing VR games. I'd leave my real life and live to play 7days in VR. Let's make this happen.

This is already planned. It was one of the kickstarter goals.

However, it's most likely gonna happen way after the game goes gold.

Motion Sikness is something you get used to as you play in VR.

I didn't say you don't get used to it, what I'm saying is that it needs work. For one thing most first person games on VR right now are either stand in place and let the enemy come to you, or they have a teleport system to move you around. It's one thing if you are able to move around with your own legs, but from my experience you feel like your on a theme park ride or something if you moving around without your legs going anywhere. For a neat experience though, try Descent: underground or Overload. :smile-new:

Archived