Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

20 minutes ago, vonerich said:

Hello Sub, I'm playing experimental 2.2.07. I've encountered an issue where none of the firearms reload - they show the weapon physically being loaded; however, the rounds never enter (or register) the weapon. Any idea on how to fix this?

Standby for a hotfix. I needed some sleep :)

Ok, another issue. To make the Tier 3 Carpenters bench schematic it asks for the actual Tier 2 carpenters bench to be used for materials. Then to create the Tier 3 Carpenters bench it also asks for a Tier 2 bench for materials. Is this intended and I need to make a 2nd Tier 2 bench? Which also needs a Tier 1 bench to make.

Edited by Str8_Aim (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I've installed the mod but, when i die. The game doesn't allow me to respawn.

It keeps me dead. No options given to respawn.

You can't start the game via steam either.

Nevermind, i managed to fix it. Was a another mod.

Still can't launch it through steam though.

All I have to say about this mod is WOW. This adds so much complexity to the game that I love it! Just got done with a 4/5 hour binge and I'm nowhere near ready for what's to come on horde night. I really enjoy the fact that I have to prep before I go out to quest/scavenge. One thing I would love for the mod is possibly a wiki page. I'm all for figuring the game and all of it's steps out on my own but I would enjoy having somewhere to look for when I forget how to do something (Which will happen to me since I'm a father of 3 and it could be a week or so before I play again lol.) Hell, I'd even be willing to help with writing a wiki page.

1 hour ago, JayMPIII said:

All I have to say about this mod is WOW. This adds so much complexity to the game that I love it! Just got done with a 4/5 hour binge and I'm nowhere near ready for what's to come on horde night. I really enjoy the fact that I have to prep before I go out to quest/scavenge. One thing I would love for the mod is possibly a wiki page. I'm all for figuring the game and all of it's steps out on my own but I would enjoy having somewhere to look for when I forget how to do something (Which will happen to me since I'm a father of 3 and it could be a week or so before I play again lol.) Hell, I'd even be willing to help with writing a wiki page.

There is an official website/wiki listed in the first post. Maybe that's what you're looking for? Link below!

Official Website/Wiki

If you pay attention to what the user interface is showing, you shouldn't need a wiki, listing all recipes and items, because the item info panel is more advanced than vanilla or any other mod out there for 7 days to die, it shows what ammo a gun uses, what you need to repair something, what material it is made out of, recipe list if you hover over a recipe will show where something is crafted if you are not in the right workstation.

2 hours ago, Subquake said:

If you pay attention to what the user interface is showing, you shouldn't need a wiki, listing all recipes and items, because the item info panel is more advanced than vanilla or any other mod out there for 7 days to die, it shows what ammo a gun uses, what you need to repair something, what material it is made out of, recipe list if you hover over a recipe will show where something is crafted if you are not in the right workstation.

The only thing I havent been able to figure out on my own so far is how to repair vehicles and I had to search the internet. I have no complaints what so ever and think you did an awesome job displaying all the information in the UI.

Good Day Subquake

2 .. quick question

1) .. Is there anyway to speed up load time on the Launcher? .. It takes 10min 40 sec to get into the main game from the time you hit _ Pre-Sync 2:32:90 then Play Mod 2:29:18 and the rest is after you hit launch game .. from your menu.

I Know _ you can't Rush genius, But I was just wondering.

2) .. How in the heck do you get murky water from a toilet (0 of 5) not in hand ?? What am I missing here?

Thank You .. Take Care and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

Just now, gpcstargate said:

Good Day Subquake

2 .. quick question

1) .. Is there anyway to speed up load time on the Launcher? .. It takes 10min 40 sec to get into the main game from the time you hit _ Pre-Sync 2:32:90 then Play Mod 2:29:18 and the rest is after you hit launch game .. from your menu.

I Know _ you can't Rush genius, But I was just wondering.

2) .. How in the heck do you get murky water from a toilet (0 of 5) not in hand ?? What am I missing here?

Thank You .. Take Care and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

Hi gpcstargate

It takes me about 20 minutes to load the game and then I can play, it's a tedium.
To get water you must mark 1 of 2,4 of 6, etc, then you must press E and collect it with the bottles.
Regards

1 hour ago, Gouki said:

Hi gpcstargate

It takes me about 20 minutes to load the game and then I can play, it's a tedium.
To get water you must mark 1 of 2,4 of 6, etc, then you must press E and collect it with the bottles.
Regards

Yell .. After thinking about it .. Yes it was kinda silly question .. Water = Jars .. 😁

Maybe I'm just blind, but is there a block you can make early game that doesn't require nails?  It's be nice to be able to somehow block the doors of the POI I took over, but I didn't notice any blocks that didn't require nails or some other more advanced resource (could have sworn there was a wood block or something in the 16.4 version, but I could be thinking of another mod, it's been a while.)

Also, just a suggestion, but some sort of simple ladders that require maybe wood, planks and rope (the idea being you would notch the logs and tie the planks in place with rope) would be cool.  It could be something that any damage would 1-shot.  Just found it a bit frustrating that I needed something like 150 nails to make enough ladders to get to my base (I tend to live on top of POIs in the early game.)

Finally, I saw that people are apparently running okay with a Nitrogen map, but I'm curious if using the compo pack would cause a problem (other than potentially unbalanced POIs, of course.)

3 hours ago, vonerich said:

Hey Sub, is there any way to lock slots in the backpack? I haven't tried to add a mod, but I suspect it wouldn't work with your UI.

Not yet, no, but it is planned, however I can't say when. Problems start with sorting buttons, the UI must understand to move locked tag along with the item wherever it gets sorted in, also it has to be persistent between exiting save/reloading or logging out of a server then logging back in.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

When creating boiled water in the campfire it takes the murky water and gives me an empty container, so in the end it doubles my jars/bottles. My work around is to drop the extra jars/bottles, using experimental through the mod launcher, only extra mods are survivor/bandits, more animals and more zombies all same mod author for those 3.

BUG:

Can't launch the game through steam with the mod loaded in.

Also. Pressing TAB for the crafting menu causes mass lag due to items being loaded in at the same time on the crafting side.

Game freezes up when you move items in your inventory. As it loads crafting options on the left.

I prevent this by sticking to the 'favorite' tag. Which doesn't allow items to load in at mass amounts when you open crafting menu.

It feels very unstable on that end. Due to the endless inventory slots. It would be great to have 'page' like UI for the crafting menu side to prevent lag.

2 hours ago, Minnigin said:

When creating boiled water in the campfire it takes the murky water and gives me an empty container, so in the end it doubles my jars/bottles. My work around is to drop the extra jars/bottles, using experimental through the mod launcher, only extra mods are survivor/bandits, more animals and more zombies all same mod author for those 3.

Will be fixed in next stable version, glad you spotted that!

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

BUG:

Can't launch the game through steam with the mod loaded in.

Also. Pressing TAB for the crafting menu causes mass lag due to items being loaded in at the same time on the crafting side.

Game freezes up when you move items in your inventory. As it loads crafting options on the left.

I prevent this by sticking to the 'favorite' tag. Which doesn't allow items to load in at mass amounts when you open crafting menu.

It feels very unstable on that end. Due to the endless inventory slots. It would be great to have 'page' like UI for the crafting menu side to prevent lag.

You should never install mods over the steam copy of the game. Always make a copy of vanilla, then apply the mod to the copy of the game.

Sounds like you need a PC upgrade, I and majority of UL players don't experience that. To reduce lag, you might want to check out Undead Legacy custom game option: Recipe Filter.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Subquake said:

Will be fixed in next stable version, glad you spotted that!

You should never install mods over the steam copy of the game. Always make a copy of vanilla, then apply the mod to the copy of the game.

Sounds like you need a PC upgrade, I and majority of UL players don't experience that. To reduce lag, you might want to check out Undead Legacy custom game option: Recipe Filter.

My PC is quite decent actually. It runs 7 days to die perfectly, it just @%$#s its own pants when using the crafting tab.

The issue is that the game loads up ALL crafting options in one go. Which causes the lag.

I am not entirely sure what you mean with the recipe filter though.

And I am just saying regarding the steam issue, that most mods tend to work through out steam. Though I don't understand what you mean with "You should never install mods over the steam copy of the game. Always make a copy of vanilla, then apply the mod to the copy of the game."? Mods are installed always through the usual mod directory steam or not steam?

I get the game to work by just running the .exe within the installation folder. But alas, I'll inform said server that this is not going to change in that case.

Thank you for clearing that up!

Had a question about the land claim blocks. They are currently locked behind the artisan workbench. That's a high bar for the block. Any thought about bumping it down to the carpenters workbench?

Other then that your interface is amazing. The best beyond any doubt! I also like the granular items and ingredients and finally the weight management just makes a lot of sense compared to vanilla.

Also, I'm using the creature pack and so far I have not run into any load problems. I'm getting a lot of soldiers and ferals in some of the POIs on day one. I don't know if that is some between the mods talking to each other for the custom POIs from the COMPO PACK.

Cheers,

Trionicb