Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the hype:

Hud 4.0, improvement of 3.0, more minimalistic and better optimized, probably close to final:

Nlh4stm.jpg

Journal descriptions now can have a header image related to the topic, similar to Subnautica:

yujY4a1.jpg

Bigger map view and repositioned in UI (in vanilla it's hard coded to be fixed size and position):

H4tFiN8.jpg

Will update the code for A18.4 next week during workday evenings, almost done porting over most C# code I made during A17, what's done:

vMJkExD.png

Also want to hugely thank those, who have been supporting me in the darkest of days and months, when I couldn't mod Undead Legacy due to stuff going on IRL with me right now, I really appreciate that, it means a lot to me.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Custom NPCs is something I have plans for some time, yes. I keep in touch with sphereii and time to time talk about his progress with the NPC API they are working on, it's incredible, but I'll be honest, I have no idea when I'll have time to actually getting on working in making those custom NPCs, because there's a lot of content already in the works and is waiting for implementation before anything else :)

Custom NPCs is something I have plans for some time, yes. I keep in touch with sphereii and time to time talk about his progress with the NPC API they are working on, it's incredible, but I'll be honest, I have no idea when I'll have time to actually getting on working in making those custom NPCs, because there's a lot of content already in the works and is waiting for implementation before anything else :)

If NPCs are on your TO DO list, but creating custom NPCs would take you a lot of time, maybe you could use the default characters that are already in the pack (assuming Xyth and SphereII would allow that), it would save you a lot of time and you could always create custom NPCs later when you have enough time for that. Even default characters and features that are already there give the players additional long hours of interesting gameplay and overall it's much more fun to play with them, the world feels much more alive and immersive. To be absolutely honest, NPCs became a must have mod for me, I've been playing with these mods for quite a while now, so if the NPCs aren't there by the time Undead Legacy is released, I will most likely try to add them manually for my personal game experience if possible.

• 2 weeks later...
Alpha 18 or any Alpha after that. :)

More likely A18, though it won't be the full thing, it will take time to implement all the features and content I worked on during A17, but the core code and UI should be ready.

First release will be very close to vanilla experience with a lot of QoL improvements, that will come with the UI changes, limited slot inventory will be replaced by encumbrance based one and fuel will work with fuel canisters instead of simple stackable fuel item.

unknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

We still getting junk to take apart. I think all the added items is what really won me over with your mod.

All the various junk and sheer quantity of items in my mod was the whole reason why I developed scrolling inventory with encumbrance, having your inventory limited not by slots, but carry weight capacity. Most of the A16 code was converted to the new code during A17 except all the foods. Eventually most A16 items will be in the mod + a crap ton more with actual custom 3D models/assets, but not everything at once. I will gradually add content with patches.

• 3 weeks later...