Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

19 minutes ago, ottodeluxe said:

I really like the sounds, all the guns sound super meaty and satisfying! Will there be muffled versions for the silencer as well?

At the moment I'm using vanilla silencer sounds for those guns, that can have one, for meaty guns I assigned some of the rifle silencer sounds.

Why can this not be uploaded to the forum now?

People who have funded you got it weeks ago,Wouldn't it be time now for the rest of your followers to get what you have now and update it as you go along like your doing for people that have funded you?

Most parents are losing there jobs and some there lives with Covid-19 and most followers would fund you but can't

A lot here have waited a long time now

No disrespect to you as you do a great job like most modders here, things i couldn't dream of doing ..Darkness Falls is an amazing mod and the same goes for Ravenhearst.

But its your hard work and up to you to do what ever you think is right for your work.... a lot want to say the same but won't...... Just my opinion...take my it with a pinch of salt 

Now begins my bashing of my post ...

Take Cover .. . . . . .. ... ...... .. ... .

19 minutes ago, Gamer_62 said:

Why can this not be uploaded to the forum now?

People who have funded you got it weeks ago,Wouldn't it be time now for the rest of your followers to get what you have now and update it as you go along like your doing for people that have funded you?

Most parents are losing there jobs and some there lives with Covid-19 and most followers would fund you but can't

A lot here have waited a long time now

No disrespect to you as you do a great job like most modders here, things i couldn't dream of doing ..Darkness Falls is an amazing mod and the same goes for Ravenhearst.

But its your hard work and up to you to do what ever you think is right for your work.... a lot want to say the same but won't...... Just my opinion...take my it with a pinch of salt 

Now begins my bashing of my post ...

Take Cover .. . . . . .. ... ...... .. ... .

Just relax, everything is going to be all right. We all are waiting for something new, something cool that would keep us entertained while we all wait for A19, I know how you feel, but let me share something with you. It's something that may give you a different perspective on this:

We all like new mods, no one really likes to wait, there's nothing wrong about getting that off of your chest. It's ok, I do believe that we all deep inside do understand you well as we are all on the same boat with you.

But have you ever tried to make your own mods while you wait for a new Alpha or even a new version of your favorite mod? It's kinda fun I must tell you. You will learn a lot of interesting stuff about the game, about modding and even some bit of programming and possibly 3d modelling. One of the things you will learn while modding is that it's not too easy, but it's still fun once you get the hang of it and you could create some awesome stuff in minutes depending on how complex your mod would be, but to make something more complex, it takes a long time and requires a lot of testing, so that the final product is as polished as you as a mod author want your mod to be and you usually want to do your best, because it's your work and you want it to stand out, even if it's just something simple, right? So you make sure it's just perfect before you even think about releasing it.

Ultimately this will lead you to different thoughts: As you wait for something cool, you will often think that you may as well start making your own stuff for fun, to pass the time while you wait and maybe for others to enjoy too, because why not? We all love mods, right? And once you start making your own mods, you will probably see why some mod authors don't rush to release their mods too. More complex mods, especially overhauls that are basically like a lot of small modlets combined into one huge mod take a lot of time to create and a lot of time to test to see if everything works as intended.

I hope this will help you think differently about this.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

He has already stated he hasn't had alot of time to work on it lately. So his supporters have had it and I'm sure they have found many bugs that now need to be fixed. Just like Alphas experimental.

When WotW was released for A18, and he did state it was beta, there was couple bug fixes that required new game. You don't want that for bug fixes. 

So yes, give him time to put out good version.

21 hours ago, Dethar said:

He has already stated he hasn't had alot of time to work on it lately. So his supporters have had it and I'm sure they have found many bugs that now need to be fixed. Just like Alphas experimental.

When WotW was released for A18, and he did state it was beta, there was couple bug fixes that required new game. You don't want that for bug fixes. 

So yes, give him time to put out good version.

Yeah, pretty much this. From my own experience, you don't want to rush the release, only to have to reupload the fixed version of it just because there was some stupid little bug you missed in the original version that you uploaded. It happens and it's frustrating for both the author and players.

@Gamer_62 pretty much what others have said. Reason for this release was to test some critical bugs, that may result in corrupted character file, corrupted chunks etc. It's because the core features are messing around with the games primary C# code, it's not some simple XML edits that were done here.

Besides 2.0 experimental release doesn't have any custom weapons, resource items, changes to perks/skills, no custom blocks, none of that (only a handful of 10 or so items for testing). It's primary to test how good my programming skills are in changing major aspects of the game - how vehicle fuel systems work, how ammo works, how crafting works and how encumbrance changes to inventory work, etc. Those are all under the hood things, that you wouldn't normally see or appreciate as a regular player, but if something breaks and you have to reinstall the whole game, wipe configuration data in windows registry or simply delete save files, you wouldn't like it no single bit.

As for pandemic stuff with covid, i'm jobless and people on patreon are the only income for me right now and I'm grateful for their support, some of those people have been supporting me through thick and thing over 2 years, sorry if that makes you feel salty, that they got the chance to test it a bit earlier than others.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Not Salty,No disrespect ,

Thanks for reply and explaining...I look forward to playing your mod

As you said "pretty much what others have said" But didn't see those post.

Just worded my option and said take it with a pinch of salt.

Cheers

Anyone that complains about how Long it is taking .. IS Being Disrespectful ........ Modders are .. People that Love a Game and want to make it Better in some way or improve the experience that other players get from a game.

They are Not on the payroll of a mega company .. on the Most part they only get money from Patron's 

SO .. sit back and wait Like the rest of US .. it will get here .. When it gets here.

Subquake wants the game Right and not a thrown together bunch of crap that doesn't work ..

the Old Gamer .. 😌

18 hours ago, Gamer_62 said:

@gpcstargate,

Chill and stop brown nosing.

Respect freedom of speech.

I said my bit and it's over and done with..ok!!!

Freedom of speech only gives you freedom of concequences from the government.

That's it. Don't try and use that argument.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:36 AM, KhaineGB said:

Freedom of speech only gives you freedom of concequences from the government.

That's it. Don't try and use that argument.

Yawn ..

Everyone has a say, freedom of speech means i have a right to express my opinion without censorship or restraint.

And chill it's over and done with now

Edited by Gamer_62 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Deacon of Undead said:

Sooo we getting close? Hopefully the New 19 wont cause you too much headache. You do an incredible job!

What's the hurry? Alpha 19 will be out tomorrow, Subquake may as well wait for Alpha 20 if it needs to be that way, because everyone will be busy playing Alpha 19 anyway - vanilla or with their favorite mods from Alpha 18.

Good day Subquake

You are being awful quiet these days .. Hoping you are doing well and being Safe.

Just wondering if you are working any on _ A19 version of Undead Legacy and how things are coming along.

Take Care _ have Fun if you can and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

• 4 weeks later...

Good day I hope you are well  Subquake

I sure hope you well and in good health .. With all the crap that is going on in the World at the moment and everything .. you have been very quite these days and hoping nothing is wrong .. Just drop us a line saying Hi and that you are still with us.

Take Care and Be Well

From the ... the Old Gamer .. 😌 

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)