Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Guys, do not push the author. I know for myself that if you do something for the soul - this is one thing. And if you do something just because you are being pushed, it's completely different.

Reputable Subquake knows exactly how impatiently we are waiting for the release. )

for which game version is a new mod being created?

That depends on when it's finished. Originally it was meant for Alpha 17, now it's being reworked for Alpha 18. With Alpha 19 being around the corner, it might have to be reworked for Alpha 19, and so on. It all depends on how much work has to be done and how much time does the author have. The last time he came here, he mentioned that he's working on the mod as much as possible, but it's not his highest priority.

That depends on when it's finished. Originally it was meant for Alpha 17, now it's being reworked for Alpha 18. With Alpha 19 being around the corner, it might have to be reworked for Alpha 19, and so on. It all depends on how much work has to be done and how much time does the author have. The last time he came here, he mentioned that he's working on the mod as much as possible, but it's not his highest priority.

A17 was a lot of experimentation and I mean A LOT, I learned so much about SDX modding, the C# game code, how it ticks etc, took me two months just to get going on that. A lot of concepts were experimented on, that I haven't even shared here, because those didn't make the final cut.

Now during A18 I'm solidifying all the games base C# code changes I made during A17 for the game so that it will be a much easier transition with A19 and A20, now I'm barely even touching XML at this point, all the content work I did during A17 will come later, because I have to get the C# code right first.

COVID-19 threw a huge curve ball for me, I'm still renovating my apartment, but whenever I go to the hardware store it's a high risk that I could get the virus. I've seen quite a bit of sick people (not necessarily sick with covid) casually shopping around, coughing, sneezing without doing it in their sleeve or blocking their mouth in any kind of way, those germs with viruses do get on the merchandise in the shop shelves, which was disgusting even before covid, but now even more so, because I don't know if they are sick with it or not.

The start of this year was and still is a pretty rough one for me, but I'm working on the mod whenever I have energy and time. Sometimes I have time, but I'm so tired I just sleep waiting the horrors of upcoming days.

Stay strong, healthy, keep your distance from strangers and hope things will improve sooner than later.

A17 was a lot of experimentation and I mean A LOT, I learned so much about SDX modding, the C# game code, how it ticks etc, took me two months just to get going on that. A lot of concepts were experimented on, that I haven't even shared here, because those didn't make the final cut.

Now during A18 I'm solidifying all the games base C# code changes I made during A17 for the game so that it will be a much easier transition with A19 and A20, now I'm barely even touching XML at this point, all the content work I did during A17 will come later, because I have to get the C# code right first.

COVID-19 threw a huge curve ball for me, I'm still renovating my apartment, but whenever I go to the hardware store it's a high risk that I could get the virus. I've seen quite a bit of sick people (not necessarily sick with covid) casually shopping around, coughing, sneezing without doing it in their sleeve or blocking their mouth in any kind of way, those germs with viruses do get on the merchandise in the shop shelves, which was disgusting even before covid, but now even more so, because I don't know if they are sick with it or not.

The start of this year was and still is a pretty rough one for me, but I'm working on the mod whenever I have energy and time. Sometimes I have time, but I'm so tired I just sleep waiting the horrors of upcoming days.

Stay strong, healthy, keep your distance from strangers and hope things will improve sooner than later.

It's understandable. Covid-19 seems to be here to stay with us for quite a while, so everything seems to be much slower now and it's sad that some people still don't realize how dangerous it actually is. Especially when there's no cure for it yet. All we can really do is wait and hope there will be cure soon, so that we will be able to return to our normal lives again. You too stay healthy and strong. Sleep well and whenever you can. The body needs rest to resist the virus.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently the mod is being tested in early-access mode by select group of people, who have been supporting the mods development for 2+ years now and meanwhile when that's going on, here's something, that you will most likely never see in any other 7 days to die mod:

fZWbdS8.thumb.jpg.8fef393edc009bcbd44d3698149fa786.jpg

Summary: I can make it so that recipes require tools as part of the recipe and as the ingredient, the recipe consumes the durability of the tool. In vanilla 7 Days to Die it's not possible, it would count the tool as 1 ingredient and consume it once.

Thank you for you and if you have other people's help(teammates/Freinds/etc), then, thanks a bunch for all of your(s) times on this project. I have only played with mods for less than 12 hours before but I can honestly say that it was a big cluster of holymoly-this-is-awesome-ness.

So, thanks for all your guys' hard work. Stay safe, drink enough fluids, eat healthily, make sure that your loved ones stay strong during this whole quarantine-dipshit.

Currently the mod is being tested in early-access mode by select group of people, who have been supporting the mods development for 2+ years now and meanwhile when that's going on, here's something, that you will most likely never see in any other 7 days to die mod:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tfZWbdS8.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t88.5 KB ID:\t1728861","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"1728861","data-size":"full","title":"fZWbdS8.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

Summary: I can make it so that recipes require tools as part of the recipe and as the ingredient, the recipe consumes the durability of the tool. In vanilla 7 Days to Die it's not possible, it would count the tool as 1 ingredient and consume it once.

Nice. How much longer to release? I guess the fact it's already in testing phase means it will be released soon?

Summary: I can make it so that recipes require tools as part of the recipe and as the ingredient, the recipe consumes the durability of the tool.

That's interesting. Can't wait to play this again.

Subquake, you are directly responsible for my desire to mod 7d2d. Undead Legacy is what got me working on a mod back in A16. You may recall I msg'd you about using some of the assests. In particular, the books. I never finished due to unforeseen circumstances, but I still have all my files and it is playable.

In fact, I still use your localization structure for my own current mods. Thanks for that.

@mr.devolver no sooner than 2 weeks from now, early access privileges atm are reserved for my backers, who have been supporting me for a long time, some 2+ years, I think that's only fair that they get to experience the buggy early release first, before everyone else.

@Phredd that's nice!

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Subquake

Good day and I'm Hoping you are doing well, Or the Best that you can in this time of stress we are facing.

Anyway .. I watched a video of the latest pre-release version for A18.4 and it is looking good .. But I was wondering if you thought about destroying trashbags and bird nest after Looting them .. it would help in cleaning up the screen or is there a need for them??

OR .. once game is released would I be able to drop a mod into game that gets rid of them .. Just wondering.

From a old friend or stranger ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Stay well and be safe in these trying times.

(..)once game is released would I be able to drop a mod into game that gets rid of them (..)[/size]

well the beauty of modlets nowadays with 7 days is that you will be able to create modlets on top of undead legacy to do things like that, but they will have to be created specifically for the mod, since I'm pretty sure that majority of modlets won't work with my mod due to some core changes of basic things in the game.

Wow, that looks amazing! Very nice interface.

The left hud stats look awesome! What is the bar under the laser pistol icon lower right? Some kind of health bar for the weapon? 

Very impressive. Can't wait to see more! Thanks for the tease.

Subquake, I just read this entire thread and have to say that I not been as pumped, or as impressed, by a mod as I am this one. Take your time, get it to where YOU like it, and I will definitely be in line to play this when you are ready. I have not played previous versions of your mod but truly appreciate the staggering amount of work you have put into this. I salute you, sir.

Hello. I'v been playing since alpha 16. After about a month, I felt a bit burned out (I did everything there was to do). Then I discovered your mod - it was GREAT. All those crafting recipes, the additional resources (salt from digging sand :) ), the stuff you took apart, the MRE's in the drops (and not stuff that often looks like someone was cleaning their basement and decided 'I'll just drop this junk in zombieland'). Since then I tried other mods, but yours was the best. Now I'm waiting for this version, just like the rest of the people here. By reading the posts, I understand you've got a working version, but you reserved it for your supporters? I get that completely, but could you tell us when you'll release it to the wider public? You posted on April 23 'no less then then 2 weeks', so is it going to be the seventh this month, or a later term? I don't want to be pestering you like this, but I'v got to level 53 in vanilla 18 and decided It's time for a mod. I can wait, but I would be great if you could give an exact date. And thanks for all your hard work.

Yep, at the moment the core of the mod, which is pretty bare bones version of it, is currently being tested in early access mostly by my supporters, that have been following through my struggles over the years on working on the next version of this mod.

It's no were close in terms of content, that I once had with it during A16.4, but that's because I've been focusing on improving the quality of life aspect of the mod instead of trying to update all the items it had. But before everyone starts grabbing their pitchforks - I will be bringing most of the stuff the mod had back in A18/A19, but it will take time. Before that happens I want to make sure that all the underlying C# code is working as intended and no major game breaking bugs occur during early access testing.

This week I'm busy with IRL stuff, next week will be polishing and preparing it for release. Content will be added and re-added over time. Skill overhaul (one i worked during A17) is pushed back till A19.