Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

4 hours ago, FramFramson said:

Had another idea for one of those T0 filler/vacant lot POIs that could go in both cities and small towns and most districts other than industrial: A baseball diamond.

I think we have talked about that idea before.  That would probably fall under our park category.  Wish we had diagonal fence pieces, probably the main reason we haven't made any of those.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I think we have talked about that idea before.  That would probably fall under our park category.  Wish we had diagonal fence pieces, probably the main reason we haven't made any of those.

Diagonal fences should be easy to add to the game and nice to have.  I think the harder thing is getting a decent looking dirt path around the bases that is at an angle without being jagged.  I might need to test that out.

I'm picturing sleeper zombies in a bases loaded setup with "players" in all positions.  😁

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

8 hours ago, FramFramson said:

Had another idea for one of those T0 filler/vacant lot POIs that could go in both cities and small towns and most districts other than industrial: A baseball diamond.

I would love to build on a small baseball feild 

Or hell even a stadium!!! I'm going to build in the football one 

3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Wish we had diagonal fence pieces, probably the main reason we haven't made any of those.

You you know what you have too do

On 5/9/2024 at 4:51 AM, Makaroni95 said:

@faatal do you remember that? Is it coming when? 

Screenshot_20240509_125115.jpg

Sure, I remember it. Not senile yet. Coming whenever I get to it.

9 hours ago, Bizantyjski Borsuk said:

I am so hyped like I never been before! No more alpha lets go GOLD!🫡🏆❤️
Massive respect and thanks to all the team working so hard over the years this release will be legendary!

I like golllllllld. :becky:

On 5/7/2024 at 10:55 PM, faatal said:

Gray - downtown

Blue - commercial

Yellow - industrial

Green - residential

Cyan - rural

Darker of those colors if remnant.

FSR AA looks much better. Like TAA, FSR AA uses camera jitter, so it is not quite the same effect in a picture or when standing still.

Is a mod. Here you can see it enabled in the background.

image.thumb.png.630dd1debfedc56426ed3e8e6e71d543.png

Someone already pointed this out elsewhere, but it looks like the visual effect for the NVG have been changed! It's a black-and-white filter now. (Notice the background.)

10 hours ago, Laz Man said:

why do you need diagonal fences? the bases form a square.  something like the ones in the yellow outline. Document.png.1a18b489ba3f0c493e6ef458b378e576.png

1 minute ago, spud42 said:

why do you need diagonal fences? the bases form a square.  something like the ones in the yellow outline. Document.png.1a18b489ba3f0c493e6ef458b378e576.png

Okay, so someone is using their brain.  😀  Much easier than I thought and actually makes placing the benches easier as well.  Going to have to make one for my own use.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, spud42 said:

why do you need diagonal fences? the bases form a square.

The outfield wall is an arc. That said, if we're talking about an impromptu sandlot field created by kids, they probably aren't overly concerned about the fence. I've got a sandlot field in my modlet on a 25x25 country residential plot, IIRC. I think the outfield "wall" is piles of trash, a washing machine, etc.

If you're going for an MLB field, then the infield is 27 blocks from base to base, 18 blocks from the pitchers mound to home plate, the outfield wall will be something like 90 to 120 blocks from home plate.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 7:13 AM, Laz Man said:

I tried making a baseball field. Getting the diagonal dirt to look good didn't work out so well. A basketball court on the other hand worked out beautifully.

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Arez said:

I tried making a baseball field. Getting the diagonal dirt to look good didn't work out so well. A basketball court on the other hand worked out beautifully.

As spud42 pointed out above, you can make it square instead.  It'll just be a diagonal that is rotated 45 degrees.  So instead of the path from home plate to the pitcher's mound being north/south or east/west, it'll be NE/SW or NW/SE. Makes it easy to make look good.  :)

10 minutes ago, Riamus said:

As spud42 pointed out above, you can make it square instead.  It'll just be a diagonal that is rotated 45 degrees.  So instead of the path from home plate to the pitcher's mound being north/south or east/west, it'll be NE/SW or NW/SE. Makes it easy to make look good.  :)

I take it back. I forgot. That is what I did.

The paths from 1st to 3rd were fine. It was the dome shape in the dirt that extends out from 1st and 3rd and wraps around 2nd that I couldn't make look good.

Hello, I have a couple of questions. 1. Will the console version have keyboard and mouse support? 2. Will it be possible to change the language in the game itself without reinstalling it by changing the region on the console? 3. What will be the approximate weight of the game on the console.

Posted (edited)

That very moment when he mixed up the technical assignment and, instead of rotten walking corpses, portrayed hyperactive violent people from a mental hospital.

It’s a strange feeling, I’ve been playing the game since 2017, I haven’t had any complaints other than those related to optimization. Always my favorite version of the game is 16.4. But lately I started to find fault with the game, I don’t like that the zombies are not thin, as if they were just infected, and before that they ate well.

Metro побывало на съёмках "Ходячих мертвецов". Metro

I don't like the fact that they feel pain and react to the blow by grabbing their wounds and screaming in pain. I don't like that the zombies are too colorful when they should be gray like in 16.4A.

7 Days To Die Alpha 17.4 (b4) (32bit) [Early Access] (2016) [RUS|ENG]  Repack DD :: Скачать через торрент Игры Steam GOG 2023-24 г на русском  последняя версия

I don't like their animation; their bodies should fall apart from such movements. I don't like that 7DTD zombies have emotions and start screaming when they see you or get angry when you hit them with a critical hit.
Should we expect any changes to the zombies that will make them more like classic zombies (like those from The Walking Dead)? Or should I immediately start learning modding and try to remake the zombies myself?

Edited by AlexsandrDark (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Arez said:

It was the dome shape in the dirt that extends out from 1st and 3rd and wraps around 2nd that I couldn't make look good.

Embrace the notion that it hasn't been attended to by a groundskeeper for a while. Then you can blur the line between grass and dirt.

56 minutes ago, AlexsandrDark said:

That very moment when he...

That's really cool. We have a motion capture studio in the department in which I teach that I'm told I could use, though I don't know anything about it. I've wondered what could be done. Our studio is perhaps 1/4 the size they had, so there would be limits to running.

9 hours ago, Riamus said:

Not bad for an Aussie... lol  we dont go in for baseball too much though it is played here its just not a big deal.

3 hours ago, AlexsandrDark said:

That very moment when he mixed up the technical assignment and, instead of rotten walking corpses, portrayed hyperactive violent people from a mental hospital.

It’s a strange feeling, I’ve been playing the game since 2017, I haven’t had any complaints other than those related to optimization. Always my favorite version of the game is 16.4. But lately I started to find fault with the game, I don’t like that the zombies are not thin, as if they were just infected, and before that they ate well.

Metro побывало на съёмках "Ходячих мертвецов". Metro

I don't like the fact that they feel pain and react to the blow by grabbing their wounds and screaming in pain. I don't like that the zombies are too colorful when they should be gray like in 16.4A.

7 Days To Die Alpha 17.4 (b4) (32bit) [Early Access] (2016) [RUS|ENG]  Repack DD :: Скачать через торрент Игры Steam GOG 2023-24 г на русском  последняя версия

I don't like their animation; their bodies should fall apart from such movements. I don't like that 7DTD zombies have emotions and start screaming when they see you or get angry when you hit them with a critical hit.
Should we expect any changes to the zombies that will make them more like classic zombies (like those from The Walking Dead)? Or should I immediately start learning modding and try to remake the zombies myself?

I think you will get the same answer that the First Mate of the Santa Maria would have gotten if he  had asked Christopher Columbus while he was looking at the coast line of the american continent whether they should turn back to Spain to resupply their storage with citrons.

17 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Soon TM

Yay! I enjoyed those, i Wake up at 5 AM (at finland) when im waking up (one hour before clock ringing) and then just enjoy a new content and developers talking! Best mornings! 

10 hours ago, AlexsandrDark said:

I'm a pretty big snob when it comes to zombies. For example, it bothers me that there is never an instance where zombies crawl out of the ground/grave in the game. 

But zombies come in different varieties. Big Daddy in George Romero's Land of the Dead yells to get the attention of other zombies, and gets angry and screams when he sees zombies getting killed. Bub in Day of the Dead cries when he finds Dr. "Frankenstein" dead. 

And Return of the Living Dead has zombies that can carry on full conversations. 

So I think there's a lot of lore wiggle room when depicting zombies in the game. 

But you should definitely learn how to mod. To do it correctly, based on what you're requesting, you're going to have to learn how to add unique animations for your zombies. I would love to have a giant Walking Dead-like zombie pack.

16 hours ago, Arez said:

Я довольно большой сноб, когда дело касается зомби. Например, меня смущает то, что в игре ни разу не было случая, чтобы зомби вылезали из земли/могилы. 

Но зомби бывают разных видов. Большой Папа в «Земле мертвых» Джорджа Ромеро кричит, чтобы привлечь внимание других зомби, злится и кричит, когда видит, как убивают зомби. Баб в «Дне мертвых» плачет, когда находит доктора «Франкенштейна» мертвым. 

А в «Возвращении живых мертвецов» есть зомби, которые могут вести полноценные разговоры. 

Так что я думаю, что при изображении зомби в игре есть много места для маневра. 

Но вам обязательно стоит научиться модифицировать. Чтобы сделать это правильно, в зависимости от того, что вы запрашиваете, вам придется научиться добавлять уникальные анимации для ваших зомби. Мне бы очень хотелось иметь гигантскую стаю зомби в стиле «Ходячих мертвецов».

To implement a large flock, I think you can try to reduce the intelligence of mobs in 7DTD in order to free up resources, and also divide them into groups and individuals, groups will have one intelligence, and individuals will have the appearance of diversity. This is roughly how it works in Days Gone

https://youtu.be/g2uQq36ec1M