Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

7 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Looking absolutely fantastic! :) Would it be possible if you could share with us what districts each of the colours on this map represent?

Gray - downtown

Blue - commercial

Yellow - industrial

Green - residential

Cyan - rural

Darker of those colors if remnant.

39 minutes ago, Chaton Noir said:

@faatal , how much does antialiasing improve when using FSR 3? Could you share with us a screenshot of what the game looks like with FSR 3 in quality mode? And if possible, then in other modes.

And are there any improvements in AA?

FSR AA looks much better. Like TAA, FSR AA uses camera jitter, so it is not quite the same effect in a picture or when standing still.

10 hours ago, Kalex said:

Does anybody know if the night-vision will be converted into helmet mod in 1.0?

Is a mod. Here you can see it enabled in the background.

image.thumb.png.630dd1debfedc56426ed3e8e6e71d543.png

48 minutes ago, faatal said:

Could you tell someone to rename that "Lumberjack Beanie"?

I think it would be more fitting judging by the image.

8 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

City/town districts (ex. commercial, industrial), not the biomes. :)

Oh, whoops! Sorry. That I do not know.

1 hour ago, faatal said:

Gray - downtown

Blue - commercial

Yellow - industrial

Green - residential

Cyan - rural

Oh, that's really cool! Are large factories like Shotgun Messiah, Pop'n Pills, or Shamway considered Industrial, or Commercial?

2 hours ago, faatal said:

are those goggles in the lumberjack hat preview added by the NVG mod or do they come like that by default?
and if they are added by the NV, are they planning to make the look like the actual mod installed?

14 hours ago, Makaroni95 said:

there is that new tinting mod for windows, it just look dull with these tinted windows. 

Looks they took a toll being in the apocalypse, weather and dust. And thats from distance, they will look better when get closer.

7 hours ago, faatal said:

is it possible to have the helmet light mod as well as the NV mod in the same helmet/hat ? 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Eduho said:

Sería bueno ver una entrada a la ciudad en la autopista, tal vez algo colapsada debido a los vehículos atrapados 🙂

More wrecked vehicles! Burned out big rigs. Maybe some destroyed military vehicles, like a tank or a Bradley IFV, or other MPV.

coughcough ART DEPT 

Edited by Laran Mithras (see edit history)

7 hours ago, faatal said:

Gray - downtown

Blue - commercial

Yellow - industrial

Green - residential

Cyan - rural

FSR AA looks much better. Like TAA, FSR AA uses camera jitter, so it is not quite the same effect in a picture or when standing still.

OMG I CAN SEE!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Oh, whoops! Sorry. That I do not know.

Oh, that's really cool! Are large factories like Shotgun Messiah, Pop'n Pills, or Shamway considered Industrial, or Commercial?

All of the factories are tagged for industrial.

5 hours ago, Jugom said:

are those goggles in the lumberjack hat preview added by the NVG mod or do they come like that by default?
and if they are added by the NV, are they planning to make the look like the actual mod installed?

Default.  

13 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

All of the factories are tagged for industrial.

YO when will we get that working stiff factory 🤣 

Hello faatal, my name is Dmitry, I wanted to know if version 1.0 or a future update will have new music or melodies in biomes!For example, in the Desert there is one melody, in the Forest another, in the wasteland is terrible and frightening?Thank you so much in advance!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, faatal said:

Gray - downtown

Blue - commercial

Yellow - industrial

Green - residential

Cyan - rural

1. By FSR AA, by any chance did you mean FSRAA? This is FSR 2\3 with x1.0 scaling, as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong). Why don't you add it then?
2. The same situation with DLAA: this is DLSS SR, which does not scale the image. Why don't you want to add this when DLSS SR is added? I know that DLSS SR works well. But still, not everyone needs an upscale, but a higher-quality AA is definitely needed. In addition, there will still be no FPS gain from the aspcale, since the game depends on the CPU. And DLAA will obviously be of higher quality than DLSS SR Q. Therefore, I would also like to see the opportunity to increase the resolution of the render. Unless, of course, it is difficult to implement. In that case, I can understand it. However, it would still be desirable to implement this someday.
3. Will helmet modifications be visually displayed? Will we see a night vision device, a cigar, and so on? I suppose not.
4. Will it be possible to install a night vision device and a flashlight mod at the same time? How will it work?
5. Will it be possible to switch between DX 11, DX 12, VK and OGL in the game settings? It will be inconvenient if this remains in the launcher.
6. I hope the inscription with the game version disappears from the screen?

7. Will the traders's open/close announcements be redone? Right now it's the same voice for everyone.

Edited by Chaton Noir (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Chaton Noir said:

1. By FSR AA, by any chance did you mean FSRAA? This is FSR 2\3 with x1.0 scaling, as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong). Why don't you add it then?
2. The same situation with DLAA: this is DLSS SR, which does not scale the image. Why don't you want to add this when DLSS SR is added? I know that DLSS SR works well. But still, not everyone needs an upscale, but a higher-quality AA is definitely needed. In addition, there will still be no FPS gain from the aspcale, since the game depends on the CPU. And DLAA will obviously be of higher quality than DLSS SR Q. Therefore, I would also like to see the opportunity to increase the resolution of the render. Unless, of course, it is difficult to implement. In that case, I can understand it. However, it would still be desirable to implement this someday.
3. Will helmet modifications be visually displayed? Will we see a night vision device, a cigar, and so on? I suppose not.
4. Will it be possible to install a night vision device and a flashlight mod at the same time? How will it work?
5. Will it be possible to switch between DX 11, DX 12, VK and OGL in the game settings? It will be inconvenient if this remains in the launcher.

7. Will the traders's open/close announcements be redone? Right now it's the same voice for everyone.

Why is everyone so concerned about antialiasing nowadays? What purpose does it serve, other than blurring sharp pixel edges? If you want a better picture, get a better monitor with higher resolution. No kind of antialiasing algorithm will solve your issues...

5 minutes ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

Why is everyone so concerned about antialiasing nowadays? What purpose does it serve, other than blurring sharp pixel edges? If you want a better picture, get a better monitor with higher resolution. No kind of antialiasing algorithm will solve your issues...

DLAA works great. I tested it in Enlisted, and it almost completely annihilates any aliasing. At the same time, it almost does not spoil the picture. Why would I pay a lot of money for 4K if I can enable good anti-aliasing? DLSS SR is also suitable for this. In Sons Of The Forest, it works better than TAA, while the overall picture is even better. And this is in FHD. DLSS SR works well in Metro Exodus too. And even TAA can work very well.
in 7DTD, the anti-aliasing is bad, and I really don't like the way the picture ripples.

17 minutes ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

Sometimes people have to make a choice. "Ooh, I could get that better monitor. Or, I could eat this month."

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, seven said:

Sometimes people have to make a choice. "Ooh, I could get that better monitor. Or, I could eat this month."

-> I play on a 1920 * 1080 monitor which is more than a standard nowadays. No antialiasing needed. Image is perfect.
-> I highly doubt anything below that is sold today.
What people dont seem to realize is that antialiasing only degrades image quality. It modifies the image that has already been rendered by the gpu unit. It is a post processing effect.

Edited by Cr0wst0rm
1980 -> 1920 (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

By nowadays, you must mean since the early 90s?
Blurring sharp pixel edges is the purpose. Why does it need another?
Neither a bigger monitor nor higher resolution will solve the problem that antialiasing solves. 
Antialiasing algorithms solve issues.

Edited by AtomicUs5000 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Дмитрий said:

Hello faatal, my name is Dmitry, I wanted to know if version 1.0 or a future update will have new music or melodies in biomes!For example, in the Desert there is one melody, in the Forest another, in the wasteland is terrible and frightening?Thank you so much in advance!

I have no idea. I am one of those people that turn off all game music, so not on my radar.

2 hours ago, Chaton Noir said:

1 They call it FSR native. I call it FSR Ultra in the AA choices. It is FSR 3 with no upscaling and it is added.

2 DLSS is not added as I could not get the plugin I used for Unity to be stable.

3 Head mods are currently not shown.

4 Yes. The top mod slot would get toggled by F. The radial menu would allow you to toggle each.

5 Don't think so. I believe Unity needs to be set to one on launch.

6 Don't know.

7 Yes.

1 hour ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

Even a 4k monitor has visible aliasing. I have one. When the camera or objects move you will get a shift of what a pixel renders on light/dark edges, which will cause it to pulsate. Camera jitter with multiple frame blending averages that out and certainly looks better to me.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, faatal said:

I have no idea. I am one of those people that turn off all game music, so not on my radar.

1 They call it FSR native. I call it FSR Ultra in the AA choices. It is FSR 3 with no upscaling and it is added.

2 DLSS is not added as I could not get the plugin I used for Unity to be stable.

3 Head mods are currently not shown.

4 Yes. The top mod slot would get toggled by F. The radial menu would allow you to toggle each.

5 Don't think so. I believe Unity needs to be set to one on launch.

6 Don't know.

7 Yes.

1. Great news, thanks!

2. I know. I was asking about DLAA availability at the time when (and if) DLSS SR is implemented.

Edited by Chaton Noir (see edit history)

faatal Everyone knows that there is a good loot in the wasteland and it is dangerous there, it would be great if you go there without chemical protection and get radiation, although you have not yet found a completely complete set of chemical protection!Please tell me if this feature will be added in the near future?Thank you so much in advance!

20 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Looking absolutely fantastic! :) Would it be possible if you could share with us what districts each of the colours on this map represent?

With the reintroduction of Burnt forest, how does the difficulty scaling now work per biome?

Can we see some of the new highways?