Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

Still not sharing info about the streamer weekend. I hope it's not too different than we're used to. 

One thought I had, and I really hope they don't do this, is having it for Stable rather than Experimental due to 1.0. But I hope that's too silly an idea for them to do

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

Still not sharing info about the streamer weekend. I hope it's not too different than we're used to. 

One thought I had, and I really hope they don't do this, is having it for Stable rather than Experimental due to 1.0. But I hope that's too silly an idea for them to do

The roadmap did say there'd be an Experimental before the first Stable. Hopefully that won't change - I doubt it will.

11 hours ago, Dreyseth said:

House

Roadhouse.

11 hours ago, Dreyseth said:

cool; so the New Challenge System will premier as a replacement for the often dreaded opening tutorial!  Sounds like it might be a little more interactive and better integrated into gameplay with incentives for accomplishing optional tasks.  With future potential for enhancement of later gameplay.

Where'd you find that info?

1 hour ago, Old Crow said:

The roadmap did say there'd be an Experimental before the first Stable. Hopefully that won't change - I doubt it will.

Roadhouse.

Where'd you find that info?

It was mentioned during the recent Neebs Gaming podcast where they had Rick and Lathan on for an hour or so. Laz linked it a few posts back.

1 hour ago, Old Crow said:

No, what I mean is that maybe instead of having the Streamer Weekend on the Experiment release, they instead have it for the Stable 1.0 release.

I really hope they don't do that, but I thought the bit about it in the chat with Rick and Lathan was a bit odd

22 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

No, what I mean is that maybe instead of having the Streamer Weekend on the Experiment release, they instead have it for the Stable 1.0 release.

I really hope they don't do that, but I thought the bit about it in the chat with Rick and Lathan was a bit odd

Would that not very much defeat the point of having a streamer weekend?

24 minutes ago, Gronal said:

Would that not very much defeat the point of having a streamer weekend?

IMO absolutely. But this is TFP we're talking about. PR isn't exactly their specialty 😄

6 hours ago, Doomofman said:

IMO absolutely. But this is TFP we're talking about. PR isn't exactly their specialty 😄

Every time they gave access to public experimental in the weekend for the streamers and then the first monday after, we all get access to it.

They never gave stable version to streamers, because they also accept feedback from them if anything unseen went through testing. So with one shot - two good things, a hype and if some critical bugs appear the devs have time for a fix.

23 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Every time they gave access to public experimental in the weekend for the streamers and then the first monday after, we all get access to it.

They never gave stable version to streamers, because they also accept feedback from them if anything unseen went through testing. So with one shot - two good things, a hype and if some critical bugs appear the devs have time for a fix.

There's never been a 1.0 before so things could be different. I'm just spit balling due to lack of clear information from TFP

They could end up treating Streamer Weekend/Experimental more as Closed Beta / Open Beta or something like that

9 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

There's never been a 1.0 before so things could be different. I'm just spit balling due to lack of clear information from TFP

They could end up treating Streamer Weekend/Experimental more as Closed Beta / Open Beta or something like that

On 4/28/2024 at 5:46 AM, faatal said:

Yes. 1.0. No longer early access. Not gold. Not done. Continued full development exactly as if we had called it A22 and started on A23, then A24...
Many games leave early access and the devs then continue to improve them. There is nothing weird about this.

9 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Roadhouse.

Nah, that's a different movie.  Also, the sequel to "House" was called "House II: The Second Story".  I think they are categorized as Comedy/Horror.

38 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:
On 4/28/2024 at 5:46 AM, faatal said:

Yes. 1.0. No longer early access. Not gold. Not done. Continued full development exactly as if we had called it A22 and started on A23, then A24...
Many games leave early access and the devs then continue to improve them. There is nothing weird about this.

That's not the point I was making. 

I'm trying to say that because it's a 1.0 release, that streamer weekend might not look like what we're used to. What Rick started saying before getting cut off by Lathan in that discussion backs that up.

So I was speculating that maybe they'd have a 'launch' weekend for Stable rather than a weekend for experimental

OR

another idea I put out was that they might call it a Closed Beta instead and when Experimental releases it would be an Open Beta 

I'm speculating because TFP haven't confirmed anything about a streamer weekend so far other than Rick saying "we'd also like to do a streamer weekend but it may be navigated through..." before Lathan stepped in

14 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

I'm speculating because TFP haven't confirmed anything about a streamer weekend so far other than Rick saying "we'd also like to do a streamer weekend but it may be navigated through..." before Lathan stepped in

Personally I wouldn't put much weight into it. Of course they're gonna do a streamer weekend, who cares how they label it or what they do with it in occasion of 1.0.

Unless you mean something like a bachelor party for 7D2D...  :rockon: :whoo::juggle::peace::tea::cheer2::clap2::drum:

1 hour ago, Dreyseth said:

Nah, that's a different movie.  Also, the sequel to "House" was called "House II: The Second Story".  I think they are categorized as Comedy/Horror.

I know lol, I was doing a bit.

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

That's not the point I was making. 

I'm trying to say that because it's a 1.0 release, that streamer weekend might not look like what we're used to. What Rick started saying before getting cut off by Lathan in that discussion backs that up.

So I was speculating that maybe they'd have a 'launch' weekend for Stable rather than a weekend for experimental

OR

another idea I put out was that they might call it a Closed Beta instead and when Experimental releases it would be an Open Beta 

Is it just me, or is Lathan often at these interviews in order to babysit Rick?

Really good trailer, much better than other videos TFP have recently put out...

But it's pretty misleading in terms of what the game actually looks/plays like (though I suppose that's par for the course for game trailers these days)

13 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

Really good trailer, much better than other videos TFP have recently put out...

But it's pretty misleading in terms of what the game actually looks/plays like (though I suppose that's par for the course for game trailers these days)

I don't think it's misleading for the most part.

The only thing I saw that was not in the game was the nuclear explosion at the beginning. Unless that's actually in 1.0 now...

Well, and the wood frames instead of the frame shapes, unless that's making a return.

2 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

The only thing I saw that was not in the game was the nuclear explosion at the beginning. Unless that's actually in 1.0 now...

Well, and the wood frames instead of the frame shapes, unless that's making a return.

I think the zombie count at times is the most obvious for me, that and the lighting, can't quite but my finger on what it is. Some shots almost look raytraced. It's like the shots they use on the loading screen. The game can't really look like that in a playable state

But as I said, these things are pretty normal for gameplay trailers

16 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

Technically you can have frames instead of the blocks, but you have to pick them as a shape.

Posted (edited)

New trailer is neat, but no way cities have zombie density like that lmao, even if they were manually spawned in, the game would chug, among other things make it a tad inaccurate. Also man, I wish we had a different sawed off model. But that's just me.

New zombie cop spit particles! Very nice to see. But they look super wide ranging, hopefully they match their hitbox. I hope they don't spit everywhere, currently the pools don't do damage, and having non damaging spit particles everywhere can be confusing

Not sure what the frames mean, are they now reverting back to the old frames?

Was there a new shovel model or am I stupid?

The traders all having that one animation kind of makes me chuckle a bit, espescially given their detailed models. They also just kinda keep their mouths open at all times, without any kind of lip syncing, which is a bit funny, espescially in a trailer.

Albedo variants look good. I wonder if you can manually select a variant or if they spawn randomly.

Where's the part where any zombie (even the lightweights) gets hit in the face with a heavy weapon, stumbles forward somehow despite being hit square in the head (natural response would probably be to get knocked backward), and hits you mid animation? 💀 Probably one of my only major complaints with the combat, alongside the jank of how crippling limbs work

Edited by User (see edit history)

2 hours ago, User said:

New trailer is neat, but no way cities have zombie density like that lmao, even if they were manually spawned in, the game would chug, among other things make it a tad inaccurate. Also man, I wish we had a different sawed off model. But that's just me.

New zombie cop spit particles! Very nice to see. But they look super wide ranging, hopefully they match their hitbox. I hope they don't spit everywhere, currently the pools don't do damage, and having non damaging spit particles everywhere can be confusing

Not sure what the frames mean, are they now reverting back to the old frames?

The traders all having that one animation kind of makes me chuckle a bit, espescially given their detailed models. They also just kinda keep their mouths open at all times, without any kind of lip syncing, which is a bit funny, espescially in a trailer.

I saw logs? A log cabin?? That is rad.

Where's the part where any zombie (even the lightweights) gets hit in the face with a heavy weapon, stumbles forward somehow despite being hit square in the head (natural response would probably be to get knocked backward), and hits you mid animation? 💀 Probably one of my only major complaints with the combat, alongside the jank of how crippling limbs work

The log blocks are another currently-existing block. You can see them in POIs like the log cabin lodges, and they can be found in the normal block menu (I forget where exactly).

33 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

The log blocks are another currently-existing block. You can see them in POIs like the log cabin lodges, and they can be found in the normal block menu (I forget where exactly).

Huh, neat. Honestly, I think I'd forgotten, I don't delve into the shape menu too deep. Thanks for letting me know