Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

16 hours ago, faatal said:

It could still happen someday, but it is not on a roadmap or anything.

It will be like L4D2 director with random hordes etc. or just Twitch thing only?

10 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

New direwolf model! Now that's a true zombie wolf!!!

FETCH ME THEIR SOULS

20240316_231846.jpg

20240316_231842.jpg

Exactly and that's my problem with that. Even this orange eyes.  too much similiar xd sorry but looks too much similiar and i'm total against that model (below you can find cod models). It should be reworked because looks too much similiar

image.png.466f0bc7567f0521e2739a5b0a386fa0.pngimage.thumb.png.38f63901962306a729f9ce80dc454267.png

Hello @faatal!

1. Can we see an improvement in TAA in the future? For example, the ability to select the smoothing quality. He's having trouble flickering at a distance right now. With the help of mods, this can be improved at the cost of some deterioration in the clarity of the appearance of ghosting. Why not give the opportunity to choose what is more important — the clarity of the picture and the absence of artifacts, or better smoothing, but at the cost of less clarity (you can fix it with sharpness) and the appearance of some ghosting?
2. It would also be good to see the name of the types of smoothing in the appropriate setting, and not just "high" or "medium".
3. How much could DirectStorage improve performance if implemented? I think it would be very useful in big cities and big buildings, and in general it would be more effective in 7 DTD than in other games.
4. Will hand lighting appear in A22 or ever again? It is not very pleasant to look at your hands, as well as weapons and tools in them, when, for example, you are underground, and the lighting of your hands does not differ from the lighting on the surface. There is a mod that corrects this situation. It has some problems, but it still looks much better. In addition, in the A22, you will see what you are wearing on your hands, and without normal lighting it may not look very good.
5. Will there ever be new first-person animations, or will they be updated only for the third person?
6. Will there ever be animations for eating and drinking?
7. Will transport-related animations appear? The 4x4 was shown with the doors open and closed. Or was it done just to demonstrate the model?
8. Can we ever see a first-person view in transport?
9. Will the dropped objects ever be displayed as their models, and not as bags?

10. How about in the updated interface, when configuring graphics, the player would see an image for each setting that clearly shows what a particular setting affects and how it affects it. This would be very useful when setting up graphics, especially for those who are not well versed in this.
11. Is it ever worth waiting for the return of Graphics Jobs?
12. Is it possible that Work Graphs will appear with DX 12 in the future?
13. FSR 2/DLSS is not in the game yet, but is FSR1 in the plans then? It works worse, but it would certainly be better than the current scaling, which would help people with very weak computers until FSR 2/3 appears, if it eventually will be at all.
14. Is it worth waiting for DLAA if DLSS appears in the game?
15. Why not add a wandering horde spawn near the air drop site? Or at least make sure that the zombies next to the cargo start walking towards it, so that the player cannot pick up the air drop so easily.
16. What are you working on now?

17 hours ago, Viset4 said:

Hello everyone, this is the first time I'm writing in the forum. I would like to know if with the implementation of first-person armor, will the field of view (FOV) of the hands be modified to better fit the environment?

Welcome!

I believe hands will appear to be wearing whatever glove type that you equip in A22

3 hours ago, Chaton Noir said:

Hello @faatal!

1. Can we see an improvement in TAA in the future? For example, the ability to select the smoothing quality. He's having trouble flickering at a distance right now. With the help of mods, this can be improved at the cost of some deterioration in the clarity of the appearance of ghosting. Why not give the opportunity to choose what is more important — the clarity of the picture and the absence of artifacts, or better smoothing, but at the cost of less clarity (you can fix it with sharpness) and the appearance of some ghosting?
2. It would also be good to see the name of the types of smoothing in the appropriate setting, and not just "high" or "medium".
3. How much could DirectStorage improve performance if implemented? I think it would be very useful in big cities and big buildings, and in general it would be more effective in 7 DTD than in other games.
4. Will hand lighting appear in A22 or ever again? It is not very pleasant to look at your hands, as well as weapons and tools in them, when, for example, you are underground, and the lighting of your hands does not differ from the lighting on the surface. There is a mod that corrects this situation. It has some problems, but it still looks much better. In addition, in the A22, you will see what you are wearing on your hands, and without normal lighting it may not look very good.
5. Will there ever be new first-person animations, or will they be updated only for the third person?
7. Will transport-related animations appear? The 4x4 was shown with the doors open and closed. Or was it done just to demonstrate the model?

10. How about in the updated interface, when configuring graphics, the player would see an image for each setting that clearly shows what a particular setting affects and how it affects it. This would be very useful when setting up graphics, especially for those who are not well versed in this.
13. FSR 2/DLSS is not in the game yet, but is FSR1 in the plans then? It works worse, but it would certainly be better than the current scaling, which would help people with very weak computers until FSR 2/3 appears, if it eventually will be at all.
15. Why not add a wandering horde spawn near the air drop site? Or at least make sure that the zombies next to the cargo start walking towards it, so that the player cannot pick up the air drop so easily.

This is a lot for the guy to answer, I recommend trimming down to three items.

The DLSS/FSR thing has been answered and it needs to be supported by the game engine (Unity) and as of now there is no support.

8 hours ago, Chaton Noir said:

Hello @faatal!

1 The flicker is a limitation with settings due to issues with motion vectors in some of our shaders that needs research to fix.

2 Maybe someday. WIP

3 Maybe none. CPU use and main thread limitations is the main issue, not loading speed.

4 Hands use their own camera, which I would like to remove at some point, but then FOV issues.

5 All player anims have or will probably be changing.

6 Don't know

7 No plans

8 No plans

9 Don't know

10 Not likely

11 Unstable for some people

12 Don't know

13 FSR has motion vector issues as TAA does. DLSS has odd bugs making it unreliable and needs research. They don't just drop in and work.

14 No. DLSS looks good when it works.

15 Time

16 Vehicle wheel rotation speed clamping

4 hours ago, GoldenFox said:

@faatal speaking of things that may happen some day, please please please, consider adding a proper swamp biome for this game, or maybe your next game, it would be awesome!

No new biomes planned, but we have plenty of ideas for future projects.

Edited by faatal (see edit history)

On 2/29/2024 at 1:41 PM, Adam the Waster said:

So @Laz Man what are you working on? 

Trying to finish an upper tier cave POI with a similar style as the mountain army camp posted on social media.  Recently finished a new modern house that has a fancy great room complete with bear rug and fire place for "steamy" encounters. 😅  After the cave, will most likely work on a few non-questable remnant POIs since we need more of those.

24 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Trying to finish an upper tier cave POI with a similar style as the mountain army camp posted on social media.  Recently finished a new modern house that has a fancy great room complete with bear rug and fire place for "steamy" encounters. 😅  After the cave, will most likely work on a few non-questable remnant POIs since we need more of those.

Maybe cool would just "fallen" patrol - two military trucks with few corpses and military stuff

15 hours ago, FranticDan said:

I've always called the Dire Wolf, a half zombie. Because they never attack zombies but they give fresh meat.
Here's hoping both Dire wolf and Grace give rotting flesh in A22, as it's logical AND reduces the over abundance of meat in the world. Heck, halving the meat from all animals would be a step in the survival genre direction.

Heh, I'd love to see less meat in the game but we have a large number of people already complaining that the amount of meat you get from an animal is too little because they like realism.  I can only imagine how many posts we'd see about it if they reduced it.  Lol!

16 hours ago, FramFramson said:

Oh hell yeah.

Now we just need to ability to somehow stop having to kill regular wolves. STOP MAKING ME SHOOT THE DOG, VIDEO GAMES.

They could make wolves only attack you if you also get pretty close sort of akin to a true neutral mob, one where you can leave alone and isn't truly hostile unless disturbed or provoked.  Maybe they could kill deers/other passive animals too, and eat the corpses, as an extension to this. That way, we shalln't have to murder the dog if it sees us. Would also add some new dynamics to the animals. You could even use a dead animal as a sort of lure/bait for wolves if you theoretically did want to kill them, but you'd also have to contend with zombies coming for the dead animal. That's just my random idea.

I think the new dire wolf model is pretty cool too.

Edited by User (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Matt115 said:

It will be like L4D2 director with random hordes etc. or just Twitch thing only?

Exactly and that's my problem with that. Even this orange eyes.  too much similiar xd sorry but looks too much similiar and i'm total against that model (below you can find cod models). It should be reworked because looks too much similiar

image.png.466f0bc7567f0521e2739a5b0a386fa0.pngimage.thumb.png.38f63901962306a729f9ce80dc454267.png

I don't see any problem with the dire wolf.  I think it looks really good.  You can't really avoid similarities with other games because a dire wolf is a dire wolf no matter what game it is in.  It may not be a real animal but there is a common view of what it should look like, so you will have similarities just like you would for real animals.  Nothing wrong with that.

30 minutes ago, User said:

Yeah, that makes sense. I do hope they make some skill changes at some point, though. For the containers, I just meant they still would empty, but we could still interact with them/put items in (specifically for safes, cupboards, etc), and once we put items back in, they could revert back to their unopened variant. I do agree it's a nice feature to have. Thanks for the comment!

Yeah, I think that would be preferred by most players for normal containers.  Not sure if they will consider that, though.

6 hours ago, Laz Man said:

any new poi types (not like, remnants/quest-able but the style or 'setting' of a poi) that aren't in the game yet? 👀

20 hours ago, Riamus said:

I don't see any problem with the dire wolf.  I think it looks really good.  You can't really avoid similarities with other games because a dire wolf is a dire wolf no matter what game it is in.  It may not be a real animal but there is a common view of what it should look like, so you will have similarities just like you would for real animals.  Nothing wrong with that.

You arguments would be right if not : 1. bald skull 2. eyes.   And you can avoid similaries! example: 

Resident evil

image.thumb.png.1f30a56e133a98c294d229ccdc8f8230.png

Call of duty

image.thumb.png.438c604c4371a75b0e95150d3cdeae01.png

Cod dog you seen upstair

here dead rising zombie dog. So as you see - there is many options to make one type of animal looking diffrent

image.png.314d1dcb69fea9b4281ce41e0c785970.png

47 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

You arguments would be right if not : 1. bald skull 2. eyes.   And you can avoid similaries! example: 

Resident evil

Call of duty

Cod dog you seen upstair

here dead rising zombie dog. So as you see - there is many options to make one type of animal looking diffrent

Do you ever quit complaining about small details that are completely overblown in your head? It seems like every post you make is about nonsensical criticisms (especially with your odd complaint about having sandals on the plant fiber clothing set). This isn't your personal blog on what you think would be nice in the game, leave that for the Pimp Dreams board at least.

Wait a minute, why should the Dire Wolf be reworked based on its future design?  It looks great as is (though I understand the models we see in the pictures may change prior to release).

The totality of the 7D2D model for dire wolves is not going to make me see COD Hellhounds in this game, they have more not in common than they do in common.

6 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Wait a minute, why should the Dire Wolf be reworked based on its future design?  It looks great as is (though I understand the models we see in the pictures may change prior to release).

The totality of the 7D2D model for dire wolves is not going to make me see COD Hellhounds in this game, they have more not in common than they do in common.

Tbh I alway thought the zombie dog should have been a wolf or some heavy rotten skeleton of a dog. The new dog model does the latter for me. 

But the Dire wolf is really cool! I want too see the new zombie bear! 

Hope he's as scary as the Dire Wolf

And I hope they both spawn on horde night!! 

Exodus_-_niedźwiedź_3.png

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Resident evil

Call of duty

Cod dog you seen upstair

Glowing eyes is a common view of a dire wolf and there's nothing wrong with having them.  Bald skull?  So?  This is a zombie game, after all.  It should have some symbolism towards death.  And your zombie poodle looks ridiculous.  If I played a game with that in it, I'd probably not play it again.  It is cheesy and dumb.  As far as the elephants, I'm not sure if you're suggesting they look different or the same but they are extremely similar to one another.  And in either case, it doesn't matter.  These are different games and this game doesn't even have elephants.

There is nothing wrong with the dire wolf.  It looks great.

17 hours ago, Riamus said:

Glowing eyes is a common view of a dire wolf and there's nothing wrong with having them.  Bald skull?  So?  This is a zombie game, after all.  It should have some symbolism towards death.  And your zombie poodle looks ridiculous.  If I played a game with that in it, I'd probably not play it again.  It is cheesy and dumb.  As far as the elephants, I'm not sure if you're suggesting they look different or the same but they are extremely similar to one another.  And in either case, it doesn't matter.  These are different games and this game doesn't even have elephants.

There is nothing wrong with the dire wolf.  It looks great.

Not to sidetrack too hard, but it's worth noting that the zombie poodle is from a terrible port of Dead Rising to the Wii, it's not even canonical.

8 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

Not to sidetrack too hard, but it's worth noting that the zombie poodle is from a terrible port of Dead Rising to the Wii, it's not even canonical.

Makes sense that it would be from a Wii port.

If any dog can be turned into a zombie dog, then it makes sense that all dogs could be turned into zombie dogs unless a specific breed is somehow immune.  So zombie poodles, zombie chihuahuas, zombie "lapdogs"... they would make sense in terms of realism.  But in terms of a horror game, they just don't belong.  Not unless it is a horror spoof game or something, or perhaps a kid's game where you want it to be less scary.  Definitely not in any true horror game, imo.

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

Makes sense that it would be from a Wii port.

If any dog can be turned into a zombie dog, then it makes sense that all dogs could be turned into zombie dogs unless a specific breed is somehow immune.  So zombie poodles, zombie chihuahuas, zombie "lapdogs"... they would make sense in terms of realism.  But in terms of a horror game, they just don't belong.  Not unless it is a horror spoof game or something, or perhaps a kid's game where you want it to be less scary.  Definitely not in any true horror game, imo.

I dunno man, zombie dog variety pack actually seems scarier to me than "all dogs become German Shepherds when zombified".

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

Not unless it is a horror spoof game or something, or perhaps a kid's game where you want it to be less scary.  Definitely not in any true horror game, imo.

At the very least 7 Days to Die is knocking on the door of Horror Spoof’s door if not already inside having dinner. Why do you think we have so many repetitive conversations with @Matt115?

A zombie poodle could fit right in tbh…

maybe not as a general enemy but as a special boss of a poi? Hilarious and totally something I could see the pimps doing for the laughs. 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Roland said:

At the very least 7 Days to Die is knocking on the door of Horror Spoof’s door if not already inside having dinner. Why do you think we have so many repetitive conversations with @Matt115?

A zombie poodle could fit right in tbh…

maybe not as a general enemy but as a special boss of a poi? Hilarious and totally something I could see the pimps doing for the laughs. 

All I would say is that if they did add that, I would mod it out immediately.  Maybe someone would find it funny.  But to me, that is just dumb.  Needless to say, I'm not a fan of poodles or any kind of tiny dogs.  But to each, his own.