Here's how I would fix snakes

ElCabong

Snakes are too easy. Once you know where to aim they are at worst an annoyance. I'm glad to run into one starting out because they're practically an effortless source of food.

I would give them the same number of hit points as the zombie wearing the hoodie. You would have to work to kill them. Add a chance of infecting you with a new disease, irritable bowel syndrome.

It would erode your armor rating over time and require an antibiotic to fix.

They would  rival buzzards as the most hated critter after dogs.

I'm not unhappy with snakes, but my thoughts are that snakes might be a bit more interesting if:

1. Their color matched the biome, giving them a little camouflage. (No Snow biome snakes, please. Ha!)
  2. Perhaps there was a slightly larger version (with more reach) in the Wasteland biome.
  3. They started "hidden" and struck when you got near them.
  4. They had a chance of appearing when you:
    1. Cut down a stump.
    2. Break a "stack of wood" block.
19 hours ago, ElCabong said:

Huh? I love feather delivery service.

3 hours ago, zztong said:

I'm not unhappy with snakes, but my thoughts are that snakes might be a bit more interesting if:

1. Their color matched the biome, giving them a little camouflage. (No Snow biome snakes, please. Ha!)
  2. Perhaps there was a slightly larger version (with more reach) in the Wasteland biome.
  3. They started "hidden" and struck when you got near them.
  4. They had a chance of appearing when you:
    1. Cut down a stump.
    2. Break a "stack of wood" block.

Huh? I love feather delivery service.

I have to agree with you on that as long as I'm not occupied by something else and they decide to join the party. Happens frequently in the desert biome.

18 hours ago, RStarphoenix said:

or just do what i did and mod their code so they're faster than a motorcycle, hit 2 times per second, have a radioactive bite and 4000 HP each. and they're 2.8x times normal size.

I think that's a little over the top. It also lacks a humorous side. Why would irritable bowel syndrome cause your armor to erode?

4 hours ago, Vampirenostra said:

guys if you get bit by a rattlesnake it is your trouble, not the armour... if it bites your leg, you'll start feeling it in 15 minutes.... in one day necrosis would start, peak poisoning in 4 days. Most probably if not treated your leg would die off in 2-3 days, like beyond reparable...

Are there any natural anti-venoms? I ask because the web will tell me about some, but I've no idea if that's factual. From a game stand-point, I think you'd want something to be in play earlier than a Chemistry Station and several levels of a Doctor perk.

Early game could be regular snakes with regular venom and you could just go to Dr Jen to have her suck it out. Late game could be irradiated snakes with a nastier variant that would take chemistry station crafting to solve.

New problem: Nobody wants to leave the early game...

On 12/19/2023 at 1:03 AM, Roland said:

Early game could be regular snakes with regular venom and you could just go to Dr Jen to have her suck it out. Late game could be irradiated snakes with a nastier variant that would take chemistry station crafting to solve.

New problem: Nobody wants to leave the early game...

Make it so that Dr Jen doesn't know when to stop sometimes. There's worse ways to die though

On 12/16/2023 at 12:15 PM, ElCabong said:

Snakes are too easy. Once you know where to aim they are at worst an annoyance. I'm glad to run into one starting out because they're practically an effortless source of food.

I would give them the same number of hit points as the zombie wearing the hoodie. You would have to work to kill them. Add a chance of infecting you with a new disease, irritable bowel syndrome.

It would erode your armor rating over time and require an antibiotic to fix.

1 word 

Poison 

And make spider zombies poisonous 

I would fix it by adding an option to remove it. I have some degree of phobia with things that move like that, from caterpillars to anacondas. Spine chills proportional to the colouring of those devil-made-beings.

When I first played Green Hell and got that damned centipede crawling in my hand I had a mini heart attack. Uh... getting anxious just by remembering it. Eww.

aside from meat we should have a very small chance to drop a snake skin belt with doesn't do anything for you stat wise when you use it like a blueprint, it just turns the Belt hot key bar to be skinned in rattle snake texture :)

• 2 weeks later...