Are the infested mission rewards worth it?

ElCabong

11 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

It seems that all you get is an extra chance for the same sort of stuff you're looting anyway. 

The trader award isn't any different either.

Not really

T3 ammo chance

lootgroup name="groupReinforcedChestT3_01">
    <item group="groupAmmoLarge"/>
</lootgroup>

T3 Infested Loot crate

<lootgroup name="groupInfestedT3" count="all">
    <item group="groupAmmoMunitions" count="3"/>
    <item group="groupAmmoLarge" count="2"/>
</lootgroup>

So you are getting more ammo from the infested clear quests

Trader wise, they are the same except you get more XP and dukes from the  infested quest.  Trader rewards in general are already OP so you don't need to boost the infested ones really.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

51 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Not really

T3 ammo chance

lootgroup name="groupReinforcedChestT3_01">
    <item group="groupAmmoLarge"/>
</lootgroup>

T3 Infested Loot crate

<lootgroup name="groupInfestedT3" count="all">
    <item group="groupAmmoMunitions" count="3"/>
    <item group="groupAmmoLarge" count="2"/>
</lootgroup>

Trader wise, they are the same except you get more XP and dukes from the  infested quest.  Trader rewards in general are already OP so you don't need to boost the infested ones really.

I don't pay any attention to the dukes or the XP. I got some exploding crossbow bolts from the last one I did. That's okay but not going to motivate me to choose an infested quest over a regular one. 

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

I haven't checked the xmls, but in practice there's also good weapons in the higher tier infested caches, and plenty of trap packs as well.. depends on what you're after and how hard you find the quests to be.

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

I haven't checked the xmls, but in practice there's also good weapons in the higher tier infested caches, and plenty of trap packs as well.. depends on what you're after and how hard you find the quests to be.

Yes the higher tier ones do, I was comparing the T3 clear with the T3 infected.

When I'm low on ammo, doing several quick, Tier 3 or 4 Infested is an amazing way to pump it up.  Fast, easy, fun!  Please, never nerf those things!  Also, I believe the Tier 5 Infested are just about the most fun you can manage to have in 7 Days, if you like playing solo and if you like doing stealth.  LOVE those things!

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

You did find the infested cache right? It´s an ammo chest and usually there is a LOT of ammo inside. Definitly worth it imo.

Also the more enemies the more honor (aka XP). Infested Navezgane Corrections is an adventure though. A fun one.

Yes I find the ammo chest. I use a crossbow and ammo's never a problem. Usually sell what I find in that.

24 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Imo no not really 

You get slightly better loot and a large stock pile of ammo and a weapon mod. 

But not really worth it. 

I do it if I'm bored or something 

Late game what do you really need anymore besides ammo?

Oh, and XP, and more killing is more XP.

Considering you are doing a quest in a lower tier POI, that means it is generally going to be faster than an equal tier clear quest, even with the increased number of zombies.  This means you gain loot and xp faster, generally speaking.  So, yes, it is worth it.  Plus, the ammo chests are nice.

Besides, infestation quests really aren't much more difficult than a regular quest in that POI.  A little, yes, but not much.  There are a couple exceptions, of course.  The prison and jail stand out.

I'm assuming that the conflicting feedback is due to some people using mostly melee whenever possible and saving bullets and others spraying and praying with their machine guns.  To me, they are totally worthwhile. I come out way ahead in ammo which is great and the reason I choose them in the first place.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

I'm assuming that the conflicting feedback is due to some people using mostly melee whenever possible and saving bullets and others spraying and praying with their machine guns.  To me, they are totally worthwhile. I come out way ahead in ammo which is great and the reason I choose them in the first place.

Hmmm....well I mostly melee and let my turrets do the shooting but ammo still always makes me happy, although it does let me waste 7.62 and .44 when I feel like it. Mainly though, I do them for the speed killing.

As others have stated, the real gain is in T5 infected.  The jump in time to clear a T5 over a T4 is MASSIVE and generally makes T5 not worth the overall effort.  Using a T4 POI for a T5 quest makes it MUCH more valuable IMHO.

Before that, however, I do not find them all that useful.

Edited by FA_Q2 (see edit history)

We generally come out with a lot more ammo than we wasted going in. As for loot, we've got our pockets, robots and vehicles crammed with good stuff to sell. Even if there's nothing we need to buy, melting down the dukes for brass is an option. Not to mention, with a friend they can be very chaotic and fun at the toughest difficulties. These are the first missions I think either of us died on :)