Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

yes pick on stallion month lol haha :-P

Yeh I don't get it, but you're taking it like a champ. Either accept stuff or don't; that prefab is crazy popular, i.e. people talk about it a lot in various threads and even on discords.

I know for my stuff, if people don't want it as is, they can either change it themselves or move on. I'll take suggestions, don't get me wrong, but some of these suggestions here are coming across as pretty critical IMO.

Stal attached a lore to the prefab, his loot lists are obviously intentional, and he doesn't mind you editing/repackaging it. I don't see the problem here.

Wow.

Whoa. Dude. Totally wasn't trying to talk smack about your prefabs. Guppy's right. People can take it or leave it. And yeah, you make some pretty cool stuff man.

I was just trying to chat up the whole loot valuation topic how it could be used. That's all man.

First tests of the new loot evaluation feature indicate a bad balancing of loot in the Pille Industries skyscraper.^^ I think we should forget the whole idea... ;)

Fair enough. I may just build a stand alone client for these evaluations. That at least get's me off the hook for C++ and back to .Net. :D

Yeh I don't get it, but you're taking it like a champ. Either accept stuff or don't; that prefab is crazy popular, i.e. people talk about it a lot in various threads and even on discords.

I know for my stuff, if people don't want it as is, they can either change it themselves or move on. I'll take suggestions, don't get me wrong, but some of these suggestions here are coming across as pretty critical IMO.

Stal attached a lore to the prefab, his loot lists are obviously intentional, and he doesn't mind you editing/repackaging it. I don't see the problem here.

Wow.

Exactly. Edit it remove things do as you wish to make your game great. Remove it don't use it I am ok with that.

But yeh suggestions are always welcome and do take them on board.

Whoa. Dude. Totally wasn't trying to talk smack about your prefabs. Guppy's right. People can take it or leave it. And yeah, you make some pretty cool stuff man.

I was just trying to chat up the whole loot valuation topic how it could be used. That's all man.

I know it's ok my thoughts on loot is diff to others and vice versa. And some people like it others don't due to differing wants and thoughts. This is also why I think it be hard to exact loot valuations as some people want lots a loot others don't. The random chance dice roll on loot is also ambiguous and hard to exact perfection as I said in previous posts anyway .

But I not angry at anyone lol everyone has their views and thoughts on what they believe in regards to loot. Mine is the bigger the prefab the bigger the loot also ones own belief in what they are trying to achieve in a prefab also comes into account.

But not offended if one edits my prefabs and removes what they don't want etc or even adds to it to if they wish. What ever fits their play style.

All these prefabs are a part of my airport I been working on since a15 or a14 lol mainly hoping hubs make a return lol.

I know it's ok my thoughts on loot is diff to others and vice versa. And some people like it others don't due to differing wants and thoughts. This is also why I think it be hard to exact loot valuations as some people want lots a loot others don't. The random chance dice roll on loot is also ambiguous and hard to exact perfection as I said in previous posts anyway .

But I not angry at anyone lol everyone has their views and thoughts on what they believe in regards to loot. Mine is the bigger the prefab the bigger the loot also ones own belief in what they are trying to achieve in a prefab also comes into account.

But not offended if one edits my prefabs and removes what they don't want etc or even adds to it to if they wish. What ever fits their play style.

All these prefabs are a part of my airport I been working on since a15 or a14 lol mainly hoping hubs make a return lol.

cool. You do a lot of work and a lot of good work too man. I know Guppy can be a little sensitive at times... which is fair. his bowel movement may be rough at the moment... just wanted to clear up the feeling of ganging up on ya. :)

Wow.

How many different 7 days discords are there :D

Not at ALL Stallionsden. I wrote the initial post and please go back and read it. I raved about your work I think it's some of the best. I was just wondering if the loot could be turned down. I absolutely was not saying anything bad about you.

Not at ALL Stallionsden. I wrote the initial post and please go back and read it. I raved about your work I think it's some of the best. I was just wondering if the loot could be turned down. I absolutely was not saying anything bad about you.

Lol it's ok I understand what you were saying . If you don't like the loot amount your welcome to edit it and remove what you want. :-)

Decided to give 7DTD another try, and wanted to use this Compo-Pack once again. Noticed that the OP explicitly says,

!!! DONT USE IT WITH ALPHA17.2 !!!

Is there an update for 17.2 in the works? If so, would it be expected to see it released some time soon?

Thanks for all your hard work, Magoli. I consider this pack a staple in my 7DTD playthroughs.

Decided to give 7DTD another try, and wanted to use this Compo-Pack once again. Noticed that the OP explicitly says,

Is there an update for 17.2 in the works? If so, would it be expected to see it released some time soon?

Thanks for all your hard work, Magoli. I consider this pack a staple in my 7DTD playthroughs.

I am using latest cp on 17.2 at that stage the 17.2 in question was experimental

updated OP

since the newest A17.2 version has changed back to the 17.1-rwg-spawning-engine I have started some tests on 17.2stable

It seems COMPOPACK38 is working also fine in A17.2stable - but i have to do some more tests before iam sure on this

ok - i have tested CP38 with A17.2stable now (8k-maps)

the result is iam now sure that 17.1 RWG differs from 17.2 RWG badly !!!

(even if they said they are using the A17.1 RWG atm for A17.2stable)

these points are obvious:

-town and street-Layout is different

-towns and streets are most likely centered in the middle-area of the map - no towns in the corners and near the border of the map in A17.2stable

-biome-map is different

-radiation-border was removed in A17.2stable

-sometimes a small amount of waterbodies across the land in A17.2stable

here is a screenshot of the same seed (brettchen1) in A17.1stable and below in A17.2stable

A17.1stable:

20190226214735_1.thumb.jpg.e93855c5c5684cb56517118dd9ec1014.jpg

A17.2stable:

20190301151622_1.thumb.jpg.dc04827140e22c26a607ee1b2570fb51.jpg

Fazit:

CP38 will work on A17.2 !!!

But the A17.2-maps are not as good as A17.1-maps IMO

My Recommendation is to play A17.1-maps when u want to fully enjoy the COMPOPACK

but - its ur choice guys

I put in Pandemic01 using 17.2 @ 16k & got a really decent map with around 20 cities.... may of been a fluke !! Still struggling with the Roads though, Even though ive flattened the world to almost Flat the roads for some reason are still Generating like 10 to 20 blocks up which looks crap..... Ive messed with the mixer file so much that ive ended up with a mish mash of ♥♥♥♥ everywhere lol... The issue with the Mixer is its not consistent in any manner.... 17.2 I mean....

I put in Pandemic01 using 17.2 @ 16k & got a really decent map with around 20 cities.... may of been a fluke !! Still struggling with the Roads though, Even though ive flattened the world to almost Flat the roads for some reason are still Generating like 10 to 20 blocks up which looks crap..... Ive messed with the mixer file so much that ive ended up with a mish mash of ♥♥♥♥ everywhere lol... The issue with the Mixer is its not consistent in any manner.... 17.2 I mean....

Guppycur and a few other guys have a few tutorials and videos on this issue, and im having same problem. If i read or heard correctly, filling in the splat3 with solid black deletes the raised ground left behind by deleted roads. Im working on my biome painting abilities today, but i will test this on my own roads and let you know if it does work.

Edit:totally didnt work

I think ive messed with around 20 Mixer files, Different ideas & settings, Ive found the best one is still The Wildlands Mixer with some edits for 17.1 seems to work ok on a few tested maps but more so the deletion of most of the wasteland is by far the best part, That & the Roads dont seem so messed up using that....

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone, sorry for my English, can I use the compopack 38 in the stable version 17.2? Thank you.

If you read the most recent posts, you'd see the answer is basically "maybe, but the 17.1 RWG mixer is better".

Unfortunately, I'm unable to get a clean download of the file for testing. It doesn't matter what computer I use, when I download the entire pack, the mixer file is instructions, and not xml. Had to hack dropbox to get the file data and paste it in manually, but now I get nothing but errors.

Update: After some tinkering, a download worked with valid xml files. Really not sure what was going on there. Now will spend a day making maps and tweaking the mixer.

Archived