Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Nevermind, figured out what I was doing wrong.

-Not installing cp 38 first like the instructions clearly stated (doh!)

-Using 17.3 and downloading mods from the launcher was installing mixed versions not compatible with 17.3, including D2D's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any update for 17.4?

u can still use the current CP-version (CP38) for 17.4 (i guess)

there wasn't any important game-changes that belongs to the worldgeneration that much (related to the updatenews 17.3 / 17.4)

anyway - world will look strange (some people even would aweful), if with- or without CP - so its no matter IMO

enjoy summer - have fun

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be the first to admit I am utterly lost installing this. I've played on servers with Comp-Pack installed when I was playing a16, and thought there were some brilliant POI's in there. But I did not install any mods myself before a17 and the modlet system. The "modlet" method isn't bad and I have installed some nice "quality of life" mods like the 30K stacks and pick up everything mods so that gathering resources is not such a chore and the game has worked fine.

The directions I followed for Compo-Pack (or at least thought I followed) totally borked my a17 game.

As in the first time I tried the game started and did an immediate CTD... didn't even get to the main load screen. I tried again, replaced the rwgmixer.xml file, and the game didn't crash. I got to the start screen, started a new world, but it never started the new map. I pressed F1 for the dev console and all I got for roughly 15 minutes was an apparently endless loop of red error lines before I gave up and ended the start process. Uninstalled what I had, put the old rwgmixerl.xml file back, and the game fired up fine.

So obviously I'm missing _something_ in the process.

I can't find a decent "How-to" guide for installing 7D2D mods. Can anyone point me to a decent tutorial, or give me step-by-step install instruction in "stupid user english", not "dev-l33t-speak", for Compo-Pack?

Thanks!

A17.4

CP38 + unofficial 17.3

My random Gen is missing vanilla prefabs. The files are in the prefab folder but they are not generating onto the map. The towns and cities had lots of roads and empty spaces, few prefabs. I had to quadruple the max numbers of all the prefabs to get it to fill most of the empty spaces. Even so, It appears many of the prefabs just aren't showing up. Hard to say exactly which ones are missing without going through the entire area and matching out the ones that exist. Am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be the first to admit I am utterly lost installing this. I've played on servers with Comp-Pack installed when I was playing a16, and thought there were some brilliant POI's in there. But I did not install any mods myself before a17 and the modlet system. The "modlet" method isn't bad and I have installed some nice "quality of life" mods like the 30K stacks and pick up everything mods so that gathering resources is not such a chore and the game has worked fine.

The directions I followed for Compo-Pack (or at least thought I followed) totally borked my a17 game.

As in the first time I tried the game started and did an immediate CTD... didn't even get to the main load screen. I tried again, replaced the rwgmixer.xml file, and the game didn't crash. I got to the start screen, started a new world, but it never started the new map. I pressed F1 for the dev console and all I got for roughly 15 minutes was an apparently endless loop of red error lines before I gave up and ended the start process. Uninstalled what I had, put the old rwgmixerl.xml file back, and the game fired up fine.

So obviously I'm missing _something_ in the process.

I can't find a decent "How-to" guide for installing 7D2D mods. Can anyone point me to a decent tutorial, or give me step-by-step install instruction in "stupid user english", not "dev-l33t-speak", for Compo-Pack?

Thanks!

Install-Instructions COMPOPACK_38(for_alpha17.4) :

(from the COMPOPACK38 download pack :) )

Copy all FILES from the COMPOPACK's Prefabs-folder to your Gamefolder.../Data/Prefabs/ (CTRL+A then CTRL+C)

IMPORTANT: Please copy/paste just the files in the folder !!! DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE WHOLE PREFAB-FOLDER ITSELF !!! This will overwrite existing files in the game-Prefabs-folder.

Exchange the rwgmixer.xml from the PACK with yours in your Gamefolder.../Data/Config/ -folder !!!

(This means overwrite the existing rwgmixer.xml !!!)

Thats all !!!

If u now start a new RGW-Game u will have plenty of new buildings everywhere.

PRESS PLAY TO SURVIVE !!!!!!!

IMPORTANT RECOMMENDATION:

I recommend to quit and restart the whole GAME - before u generate a new Seed (=world - =savegame)

I believe the engine remembers parts of the previous loaded savegame - and is affected by it

So every following seed will probably not spawn a good and clean world - like it would do when freshly started !!!

In one word:

Start the Game new before U start another Seed !!!

Does this mean that now you have to copy the prefabs in the 7dtd 17.4 client too or only server?

I have copied everything to the server folder. When executing a client and accessing the server, errors are missing from all prefabs.

Example: xcostum_xxxxxxxxxxxx "failed: Block name to ID mapping file missing.

The same in 800 prefab files.

Obviously, in the cities they are filled with gaps where buildings are missing. I really don't know what I've done wrong.

I was absent since 16.4 and wanted to retake my servers again. :S

Does this mean that now you have to copy the prefabs in the 7dtd 17.4 client too or only server?

I have copied everything to the server folder. When executing a client and accessing the server, errors are missing from all prefabs.

Example: xcostum_xxxxxxxxxxxx "failed: Block name to ID mapping file missing.

The same in 800 prefab files.

Obviously, in the cities they are filled with gaps where buildings are missing. I really don't know what I've done wrong.

I was absent since 16.4 and wanted to retake my servers again. :S

Yes, clients need all prefab files now. Hopefully that changes in future.

I keep seeing people saying that, but my server uses CompoPack and none of us install the prefabs on our client. Everything works fine. I don't know why it works on my server and not for other people.

To be honest I havent tested this myself but also heard many people say this.

I am loaded with many new POIs but ... half the map is empty and I have tried 6 seeds

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28935[/ATTACH]

no no no no - something is terrible wrong here in this picture !

this is how its supposed to be:

20190816203712_1.thumb.jpg.b71cb165c8a02a6546a6f5d5046a6cbe.jpg

On my last seed yesterday it happens that one town just spawned with half of the prefabs - look most lowerleft town:

20190815022348_1.thumb.jpg.acdd0c0f471ab334f34fa67f033901e9.jpg

(but I think this is game-based and has nothing to do with the CP - maybe bad seed!? )

anyway - 90% of the towns should look like the first pic I posted here - a nice mix between vanilla and custom prefabs.

And in addiction to that:

every town should look a bit different to each other, because since CP38 there are multiple townships available to spawn

like Asiatown - Ruralvillage - City(WITH multiple skyscrapers) small/big - 3 different presets for common towns - etc...

next topic:

the CP-client Yes/No discussion:

as far as I heard of since A17.1 THE CLIENTS NEEDS THE PREFAB-FILES ON THEIR LOCAL PC'S !!!

since that I never heard the opposite from official site (devs)

It may work without now but I really dont know because I dont have access to a server atm

So I cant give a sure fire answere here

All I can do is to recommend all clients to copy all the CP-prefabs into their Prefabsfolder

I hope this helped to clear out some things

have fun

Got it loaded, but it is acting strange.

6 Traders of the same type, in close proximity

20190820185108_1.thumb.jpg.1bc21262404957983fc3a68e80d826d6.jpg

In the distance you can see several farms of the same type, there are 11 of them clustered.

Edit for additional information: I created 2 different random worlds for testing.

#1 - I have checked the large towns but have not found any POI's that I have not seen in the vanilla, unmodded game. I have not checked 100% percent of either map, but I have not found ANY Compopack assets that caught my eye. I was specifically looking for the Asian ones and the skyscrapers, but did not see anything else, either.

#2 - I have large sections of the map that resemble the pic posted by Wolfenstein10 in post #3615.

#2a- This occurred on two different map seeds: LottaLoot on the 4K size and GoofyStuff, which was an 8K map.

#3 - I checked the prefab.xml for each map - there are FIFTY (50) settlement_traders_xx on either map. I don't mind having more traders, but I'd rather have the Compopack assets.

#4 - My Steam account is set up with the program files on my C:\ drive (it's an SSD) and my data files in the Steam Library on the HDD, D:\. I have been using Vortex to install the modlets for a17 that I used, and I have noticed that my unmodded games are all at D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die\Data\Worlds\... The newer, modded games are at C:\Users\username\App\Data\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds Is it possible that the game is not recognizing the Compopack assets because of different drives for program and data?

Got it loaded, but it is acting strange.

6 Traders of the same type, in close proximity

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28947[/ATTACH]

In the distance you can see several farms of the same type, there are 11 of them clustered.

Edit for additional information: I created 2 different random worlds for testing.

#1 - I have checked the large towns but have not found any POI's that I have not seen in the vanilla, unmodded game. I have not checked 100% percent of either map, but I have not found ANY Compopack assets that caught my eye. I was specifically looking for the Asian ones and the skyscrapers, but did not see anything else, either.

#2 - I have large sections of the map that resemble the pic posted by Wolfenstein10 in post #3615.

#2a- This occurred on two different map seeds: LottaLoot on the 4K size and GoofyStuff, which was an 8K map.

#3 - I checked the prefab.xml for each map - there are FIFTY (50) settlement_traders_xx on either map. I don't mind having more traders, but I'd rather have the Compopack assets.

#4 - My Steam account is set up with the program files on my C:\ drive (it's an SSD) and my data files in the Steam Library on the HDD, D:\. I have been using Vortex to install the modlets for a17 that I used, and I have noticed that my unmodded games are all at D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die\Data\Worlds\... The newer, modded games are at C:\Users\username\App\Data\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds Is it possible that the game is not recognizing the Compopack assets because of different drives for program and data?

to#1

Asia-Prefabs are only spawning in Asiatown - Asiatown has a prob of 0.2 - this means about every 5th town could be a Asiatown (when the randomGen-engine would be running fine (what not is!) ) - I saw a Asiatown in every map I generated so far (4K)

to#2

I have also generated a 4K-map with Seedname LottaLoot - this is how it looks like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28964[/ATTACH]

20190821212816_1.thumb.jpg.c12fb8290b61a8bf6f7fc5370855784c.jpg

to#3

yes - ur right - there are way to much traders - I will work on that, but the rwg-engine is really obstinate tbh

I will also check out what about the multiplespawning farm but how I said: Its no fun to play around with rwgmixer.xml atm !!!

to#1-4

I never heard of that modlet-installer - but I think thats the Issue here

What I heard of are tons of Issues relating to the 7d-modlet-system - I think the modlet-system is still buggy esp when the devs play around with it and make big changes on it from Alpha to Alpha (changing sources of directories and folders, etc...)

Overall Info:

COMPOPACK IS A MOD - NOT A MODLET !!!

(at Least during the complete Alpha-Phase - after that I will see)

20190816203712_1.thumb.jpg.04488882d0c4caa3a36185e8c302630f.jpg

to#1

Asia-Prefabs are only spawning in Asiatown - Asiatown has a prob of 0.2 - this means about every 5th town could be a Asiatown (when the randomGen-engine would be running fine (what not is!) ) - I saw a Asiatown in every map I generated so far (4K)

to#1-4

I never heard of that modlet-installer - but I think thats the Issue here

What I heard of are tons of Issues relating to the 7d-modlet-system - I think the modlet-system is still buggy esp when the devs play around with it and make big changes on it from Alpha to Alpha (changing sources of directories and folders, etc...)

Thank you for checking on the issues!

Vortex is the mod management tool that is being developed by Nexus Mods now. It has replaced Nexus Mod Manager, and unlike Mod Organizer/MO2 which only works with Bethesda games, Vortex supports mods in a LOT of games. Nexus has quite a few 7D2D mods listed now. :encouragement:

?

Modlets work, what are you talking about? They just have a learning curve, like everything else.

What have the devs changed?

maybe modlets works atm - in earlier alphas it was not working correctly !

But how u know things can turn with just one update - we saw this so many times during the 6 years of game-developement

maybe in A18 the devs decide to remove their own Modlet-system without any warnings - how knows ???

and this is what i have to say about the learning-curve of TFP:

first a system works and is fine for the players - next update it could be changed or removed completly !!!

here some exmples to remember:

- RWG went worst and worster with every aplha (amount of abilities to modify the RWG decreased more and more - custom-Hubs gone ,Cityblockcities gone , rurals gone, commands for townsize gone), PlainsBiome gone, every map looks almost the same)

- Wellness-system is gone and there is no substitute to it

- Stealth-system still not running atm (or in a wierd way)

- Structural Integrety was so nice in earlier times - but now its just rubbish

(one wall has a few holes: result: the whole building collapses)

- What about Durabilty of weapons and tools (like it was in A15?) - Gone !!!

- Lags and framedrops: still a topic !!!

- animal and zombie KI: still a topic !!! (animals still stuck and glitch in blocks / zombies still run around like planless jerks - esp spiders)

- Assembling of weaponparts is gone - instead we have a tools- and weapons modsystem

I understand the meaning of Alpha - but god damn where is the progress ???

OK I see some progress or new content here and there - but for 1 step forward the devs move 2 steps backwards in other disciplines that are also very important to me and the people i talked with

In Addiction to a catastrophal mediawork and a constantly misspelling of game-updates, and a overall more than slow developement

I came to the conclusion to better not waiting and hoping for any positive changes

maybe this is why I thought the Modlet-system is still a system to better not work with

sry for being so negative here - but this is how I see the whole situation atm

Archived