Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

So you can't edit a Random game on a dedicated server I'm guessing? Like if I wanted to import a prefab into my server is that possible? I'm running the Combo Pack sometimes I'd just like to add a favorite that didn't show up on the seed I chose

A few dedicated server API mods, like bad company, allow you to import prefabs into a live game.

Found a decent seed using compo pack for A17.1 if anyone is interested. It has a lot of huge towns and a cluster of over 20 traders about 1,000 meters south of center. Seed is "SAWBLADE"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27300[/ATTACH]

thx for the post - a cool map - I will try this Seed soon by myself - maybe I add it to the Recommend Seeds ;)

@OldManBrian:

thx - yes the newest version of xcostum_Gallery(by_TopMinder_and_Pille) is in the CP37

@Zeeterman:

thx for the info - I haven't worked much with the world-editor yet (but maybe soon - after todolist for CP ;) )

@all:

Iam glad now all u guys has got sorted this little misunderstoodment with the Client-files ;)

btw:

Iam constantly working every day on the CP-prefabs and also rwgmixer.xml

I have done a dozen of Changes so far.

I don't know when the next CP will be Release - Iam still working on it and also have a Lot more to do when I watch my todolist :)

All I can say is there will be some improved and also new Prefabs.

Also a little surprise is planed for COMPOPACK38 :)

thats all for now

cheers

So... A17.1 b9 stable is out now, anyone started a new seed using it and compo pack 37 or do we have to have a new build to go with it for stable??

Thanks in advance and thanks a ton for Compo pack in general love it.

I dont know for sure - and how it seems nobody can say this for sure

My Opinion is:

When mixing different alpha-versions u may expect errors of different kinds and forms - especially in MP !!!

So I would always Recommend to start a new map with ALL files synchronized on server and client-side

thats the surefire-method, which I personally prefer - just my opinion

technically I can say that there was no block-changes since CP35 !!! So the CP should be here the lowest problem to expect when it belongs to holding old version-worlds.

But there were always other Changes that made these problems.

Overall I cant answere this question

I showed the surefire-way

Everything else is a experiment IMO

So, I just recently stumbled across the concept of prefabs and tried to install this pack.

The install instructions are simple enough, just throw the new prefabs into the folder and replace the rwgmixer.xml.

Fair enuff.

However, I started a new game (does it matter which world size you pick?), fired up cheatmode and flew around for a bit ... but I didn't see any new buildings. Are these supposed to be super-rare and I can't be expected to see anything new in 5 minutes of flying around? Or did I miss some critical step?

Is there some way to verify the prefabs SHOULD be spawing?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

So, I just recently stumbled across the concept of prefabs and tried to install this pack.

The install instructions are simple enough, just throw the new prefabs into the folder and replace the rwgmixer.xml.

Fair enuff.

However, I started a new game (does it matter which world size you pick?), fired up cheatmode and flew around for a bit ... but I didn't see any new buildings. Are these supposed to be super-rare and I can't be expected to see anything new in 5 minutes of flying around? Or did I miss some critical step?

Is there some way to verify the prefabs SHOULD be spawing?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

are u sure ur running my rwgmixer.xml because it sounds ur not

Every town should have about 50% COMPOPACK-prefabs (so no Chance to miss them bth)

Also in wilderness there is a prob of 70% to have a CP-prefab

pls check again if u have exchanged the vanilla rwgmixer.xml with the CP-rwgmixer.xml

Magoli, i must inquire, how difficult is it to make these Prefabs quest-able? i imagine it to be a bit of a pain, having to make cache locations and starting points and areas and such. or is it relatively simple with the new Prefab editor they have in place.

Hi Mag,

Is there a reason that all my new maps are now 85% snow biomes? It's just with this latest RWG, the previous one was great. Can I do something to fix that ? There are other biomes but any where there are prefabs and cities there is snow for some reason.

are u sure ur running my rwgmixer.xml because it sounds ur not

Every town should have about 50% COMPOPACK-prefabs (so no Chance to miss them bth)

Also in wilderness there is a prob of 70% to have a CP-prefab

pls check again if u have exchanged the vanilla rwgmixer.xml with the CP-rwgmixer.xml

No, I did replace the rwgmixer file.

But it's working now, the important part of your reply was that you ought to notice the changes pretty quickly.

Maybe it was that I failed to provide a seed when generating the world?

Anyway, I tried again with a seed string, generation took considerably longer and afterwards I definately noticed the changes right away. Some of the buildings are a bit ridiculous, so they're hard to overlook indeed.

Thanks for helping me out. 8)

Magoli, i must inquire, how difficult is it to make these Prefabs quest-able? i imagine it to be a bit of a pain, having to make cache locations and starting points and areas and such. or is it relatively simple with the new Prefab editor they have in place.

to enable a POI to have quests (fetch,clear all) you gonna have 4 things to do with the prefab:

1. place at Least 1 quest-Satchel (ID1949) somewhere in the prefab (preferably a littlebit hidden)

2. place a quest-Rally-marker (ID1947) somewhere in the prefab (preferably near the border of the prefab)

3. There has to be at Least 1 SleeperBlock and 1 active SleeperVolume somewhere in the Prefab !!!

4. add/edit quest-command and difficultly-tier-command in the prefab's xml-file:

<property name="QuestTags" value="clear,fetch,hidden_cache" />

<property name="DifficultyTier" value="1" />

If there are more than 1 quest-Satchel the game chooses 1 of them randomly to be the real goal.

All other quest-Satchels will turn into random Lootcontainers when fetch-quest is activated.

my Recommendation for the tier-Level:

tier1: 1-15 active Sleepers

tier2: 16-30 active Sleepers

tier3: 31-40 active Sleepers

tier4: 41-50 active Sleepers

tier5: 50+ active Sleepers

Thats what is all about the POI-quest-stuff

just FYI guys:

u can Loot a quest-POI twice when u go inside before activating the Rallymarker.

After u Looted the POI u can activate the quest-marker and the whole POI is set up new and freshly - so can go 2nd time through it ;)

Hi Mag,

Is there a reason that all my new maps are now 85% snow biomes? It's just with this latest RWG, the previous one was great. Can I do something to fix that ? There are other biomes but any where there are prefabs and cities there is snow for some reason.

yes - I know its very difficult to get a nice world with the CP37-rwgmixer.xml

Iam using a modded BiomeGenerator-code from StompyNZ that I also have modifified a littlebit

positive effect:

with that BiomeGenerator we will dont have snow next to desert

more variable non-voronoi Biomes

negative effect:

just maybe 1 of 10 seeds will give good looking and good mixed world

I know its not the best situation right now.

But its all I can do right now

as u know rwg-code is in a bad condition atm

(U could backchange the modded BiomeGenerator-codes with the vanilla-code if its better for u)

my fazit:

Many Seeds will give bad worlds - but when u found a Seed that looks nice u will be happy like u found a purple shotgun :)

I heard 17.2 will have some slight rwg-improvements

Finding many, many traitors with at least 3 in a row all right next to each other. I don't see a max count in the rwgmixer.

Is this good or bad ? - idk LOL

first of all I would be happy to have any trader on the map (its

not obviously with this kinda broken rwg atm)

I heard there was some problems to get any trader spawned some days ago

So I decided to remove the max-count on that during this rwg-emergency-state

When the rwg is workable again ofc I will try to have a nice variety and durability again

btw:

thanks for the promotion in the other thread dude - well appreciated ;)

to enable a POI to have quests (fetch,clear all) you gonna have 4 things to do with the prefab:

1. place at Least 1 quest-Satchel (ID1949) somewhere in the prefab (preferably a littlebit hidden)

2. place a quest-Rally-marker (ID1947) somewhere in the prefab (preferably near the border of the prefab)

3. There has to be at Least 1 SleeperBlock and 1 active SleeperVolume somewhere in the Prefab !!!

4. add/edit quest-command and difficultly-tier-command in the prefab's xml-file:

<property name="QuestTags" value="clear,fetch,hidden_cache" />

<property name="DifficultyTier" value="1" />

etc., etc...

Magoli

This is so very useful! Thank you for clear and easy instructions!

Hello. I have installed the prefabs in my Navezgane server.

I can Spawn a prefab with the bc-import command and is so cool but...the Quests are not working.

Maybe only works in a RWG game?

Thanks for the mod!

I think its not a question of Navezgane or RWG !!!

I think the quest didn't work because it was not there as u started up the map

It seems the game creates a kinda list of possible quests at map-generating

@LibbyA

thx

When the rwg is workable again ofc I will try to have a nice variety and durability again

btw:

Well, it's kind of bad because there are way too many. When you first start off and you land near a group of these, it does make it a bit easier. Also it gives the player(s) a higher probability of being able to use all stations (forge, workbench & chemical station).

FYI: The difference between vanilla and Compo is like night and day! The whole group has been hounding me since A17 came out lol No worries Mag! And thanks again!

I'm pretty sure that applies if hosting aswell. All blocks are from the vanilla gamefiles :)

- - - Updated - - -

btw:

I usually get 10+ traders when creating a world. one I did a couple days ago to do some prefab testing had 53 traders :p

I'm pretty sure that applies if hosting aswell. All blocks are from the vanilla gamefiles :)

- - - Updated - - -

I usually get 10+ traders when creating a world. one I did a couple days ago to do some prefab testing had 53 traders :p

Iam working on the new Release every day

Next CP will have:

-trader-rules again (min5 / max9)

-multitownships (several differnt towns with their own prefab-sets)

-changed back to Vanilla-BiomeGen again (now snow is beneath desert again - but every Seed is ok now)

-rwgmixer is balanced for 8k-maps now

-about 20 new Prefabs

-many fixes and restaurations of existing Prefabs

Idk when I will Release it - got still a few more works to do

My goal this time is to deliver the best COMPOPACK ever !

Keep in mind that rwg-engine-code is far away from being perfect atm - tbh its a site on a very special emergeny-state IMO

(its aweful to work with it atm tbh - no Chance to get a fullfilled town with no doublette-POI's or senseless streets e.g. ...)

The list of rwg-bugs is almost as long as my foot LOL

I heard TFP is working on rwg atm - So maybe there will be some improvements in A17.2

@Inmyh3ad:

idk for sure - but i agree with Quasimiyao

Do you guys know if Pille's editor still works?

Thanks for keeping my prefabs up to date man. I got to see a few on Youtube recently and it was pretty awesome to see people running with your pack and them to show up.

yes it does and its better then it was in a16 and only getting better :-)

Archived